no sl = no fun niche builds - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

no sl = no fun niche builds

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#51 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

i still say just make extendeds unable to woe until after trans... no reason they cant play the damn game too other than the woe issue... personally i want a ninja but couldnt give 2 -_-s about woe....

You could work on 99'ing a novice first then job change after.

#52 Explode

Explode

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

I think this server need start with expanded class too like thor server in Brazilian Ragnarok Online (BRO), only take care about tkm skills

#53 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

i suppose... ill prolly make a gank rogue to bide my time... build up a good cash base...and make a character for my ninja just to save the name/place...

#54 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

You can do with your money as you like, however the OP was pretty immature in the approach. It wouldn't be pre-renewal from the start if we had access to anubis, nameless island, extended, and all that.

Now if you wanna argue that and where you want to spend your money, by all means go on ahead what you do with your money isn't my business. But don't make it sound like your money alone pays the bills.

Funny, when they had 1500+ paying customers on the premium servers they said "pre-RE server just plain can't be done" yet when a huge chunk of us oldschoolers that didn't like renewal quit and the server population is down to ~500 online at a time they pull out the panic button and start building a pre-RE server to try to bring thier old server customers back. So yeah, in other words my money - as well as the money from all the other old school peeps that come back and see that they can't play what they want / how it was when they stopped playing and leave are DAMN important.

#55 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Even theres no SL or some stuffs in launch day, trans and all these extended classes are coming back someday, and I bet everybody knows they were all included "Pre-Renewal".

No offense but if its not fun for you... Why bother playing?<_<

#56 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

Funny, when they had 1500+ paying customers on the premium servers they said "pre-RE server just plain can't be done" yet when a huge chunk of us oldschoolers that didn't like renewal quit and the server population is down to ~500 online at a time they pull out the panic button and start building a pre-RE server to try to bring thier old server customers back. So yeah, in other words my money - as well as the money from all the other old school peeps that come back and see that they can't play what they want / how it was when they stopped playing and leave are DAMN important.

Ooh, someone is angry... touchy touchy~

Regardless SL and the rest of the extendeds should stay locked until Trans classes are introduced.

If you can't have fun without a soul linker around then you really haven't experienced old-school to it's fullest. If you keep trying to argue the case, absolutely awesome. Good for you, here's a cookie.

I'd rather have it locked and be updated later like it was traditionally when we had SLs. It wouldn't be balancing either as much as you want to think about it.

Edited by Senkasa, 24 June 2012 - 06:38 PM.

#57 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

Even theres no SL or some stuffs in launch day, trans and all these extended classes are coming back someday, and I bet everybody knows they were all included "Pre-Renewal".

No offense but if its not fun for you... Why bother playing? <_<

Uhhh, thats the point we are making? Is it really that hard to understand? Why should I p(l)ay - and thus support this new server if it doesn't have the classes I need OR want to play? Not to mention less people = less people playing to 99 = longer time till the classes we WANT to play / play with are going to be in.

And "someday" is vague, as is "after we get a bunch of 99's". Call us a few months from now IF the server survives that long when our classes come out. You know when we can have FUN playing the game.

#58 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

dosn't matter to me but god lvling a linker eew that's gonna suk.

#59 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

I'm sorry but WHY bother arguing the case even if it's inevitable you won't see SLs till later on? Just stop before you actually turn it in a war of nothingness.

Also I'm sure 90% of people aren't coming back for soul linkers alone. They came back for the classic experience, not any BS. The Promise of updates is there so don't act like you wont see SLs and extended, all I see is a bunch of pointless whining. I apologize in advance however it already appears pathetic.

#60 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

Uhhh, thats the point we are making? Is it really that hard to understand? Why should I p(l)ay - and thus support this new server if it doesn't have the classes I need OR want to play? Not to mention less people = less people playing to 99 = longer time till the classes we WANT to play / play with are going to be in.

And "someday" is vague, as is "after we get a bunch of 99's". Call us a few months from now IF the server survives that long when our classes come out. You know when we can have FUN playing the game.

This thread is actually pointless, this time I should say:

No offense, but why bother posting?

I'm done here.

Edit: My first post was to quote the starter of this thread.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 24 June 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#61 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

yo ez fix

dont be bad and level fast

see you at the 99 club in 3 weeks

#62 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

Ooh, someone is angry... touchy touchy~

Regardless SL and the rest of the extendeds should stay locked until Trans classes are introduced.

If you can't have fun without a soul linker around then you really haven't experienced old-school to it's fullest. If you keep trying to argue the case, absolutely awesome. Good for you, here's a cookie.

I'd rather have it locked and be updated later like it was traditionally when we had SLs. It wouldn't be balancing either as much as you want to think about it.

Take that cookie and shove it... up your nose.

And seriously? a U MAD post against a post that was 100% factual and not in the least angry? When we had renewal shedding players like mad but still in the 1.5K population range on the server Heim said at least 3 times in the livestreams "preRE will NEVER happen, stop asking about it". Plenty of money coming in yet at that time. Now the population at the time of this post is 513, with 112 of that shops so at the absolute most 400 players. thats quite a hit in the pocket books for old hiemdollar... lost almost 1K potential VIP subs, lost almost 1K potential kafra shop sales. Thats quite a big hit to the old bottom line, now he is thinking pre-RE can work. BUT the pre-RE he is making isn't like the pre-RE players left and isn't like the pre-RE that they would be leaving again.

You have to remember, the players that he wants to bring back most likely didn't just quit playing RO altogether. Most probably went to a low to mid rate private server with groups of their friends. If they come back to a crippled crappy version of pre-RE on the officials they will just leave again and go back to their nice comfy pserver they have been on. This equals a net loss for Gravity since they sunk the time into re-writing the stuff, adjusting the server, and moving hardware. In other words it's just another Gravity screwup waiting to happen.

You are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitle to mine. they should have EVERYTHING they had in 13.2 and just let the community grow into the harder places and trans as they go.

#63 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

This thread is actually pointless, this time I should say:

No offense, but why bother posting?

I'm done here.

Edit: My first post was to quote the starter of this thread.

Yep, pointless trying to change something you don't agree with.

Now move along sheeple, the Apple store is over there, Big Brother will watch out for you, and you don't have the think for yourselves.

#64 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

[mod]Get back on topic, knock off the bickering.[/mod]

#65 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

I'd rather have this thread closed if it's really getting nowhere, actually.

Why? Because it's already apparent you can have a fun niche build regardless of whether you do or dont have a linker. The end~

Edited by Senkasa, 24 June 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#66 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

I'd rather have this thread closed if it's really getting nowhere, actually.

Why? Because it's already apparent you can have a fun niche build regardless of whether you do or dont have a linker. The end~

Yeah, cause it's all about what YOU want right?

KTXBAI

#67 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

As I thought...Lock it Mods!

0 user(s) are reading this topic