What's "Good" About The Coming WoE Update? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What's "Good" About The Coming WoE Update?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

PvP / WoE in this game has always been one of the more strong features that other games lack.

That being said, I personally fail to see much good in any of the updates we are supposed to be receiving.

What is the point of making God Item Pieces drop randomly from any castle? Less fights and less need to econ a fort? If I don't need a specific fort, it seems like the need to fight over it decreases quite a bit. Getting the piece you want is now a matter of pure luck rather than hard work to get and keep that castle.

What is the point of removing castles? Perhaps on Ymir there are empty forts, but Valk has plenty of guilds, large and small, and the current number of castles seems to work well for how many guilds we have.

Just hoping someone can help me see it more positively... Because honestly at this point I'm not very excited for it. :P

#2 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

Nope. You see it exactly how I see it. I'm probably going to quit if that woe update comes anytime soon. No point in aiming for certain castles anymore. Completely ruins the point. And less castles. Sure it will slow the creation of God items. But also gives less chance for other guilds to start in the woe scene. It givesmore power to the already created "powerful" guilds and alliances. I can't see anything positive about it.

#3 SIut

SIut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

total number of castles should have been lowered a long time ago

#4 DarkEntityAbyss

DarkEntityAbyss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

Random god drops but decrease castles to amount of people who woe, so the ratio stays good ya? solves buff guilds to horde one castle vs others and gives reason to econ since there's only X amount per realm now.

#5 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

I hope this update doesn't take place on the pre-renewal server, there should be an incentive in getting 100 econ in a castle (example: getting meg pieces). Maybe if they took 1 castle away from each town, then 1 of the castles should drop two god item pieces or something, which we be the castles that people would try to econ and fight over?

#6 DarkEntityAbyss

DarkEntityAbyss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

why not 3 per realm and has the random drop implemented

#7 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

Next WoE update is terrible.
WoE is already a 1-hit KO GOH/SD fest.
May as well just eliminate what is left of the need for teamwork and cooperation.
Whoever has the most castles wins. Econ and strategy not necessary.

#8 DarkEntityAbyss

DarkEntityAbyss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

May as well just eliminate what is left of the need for teamwork and cooperation.

Reason why Renewal < Pre-Renewal

But with this even god drop thing doesnt it allow the server to cut off or take out castles to keep the ratio between woe-ers and castles good enough for action pack woes?

#9 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

More Fight = More Supplies required. Randomized God drops = less reason for econ = less profit. Guilds will have to spend more to earn less. Completely removing reason for 80% of Woeing players to come. Woe should just stay as it is.

#10 Tyrael

Tyrael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

How is this different in any way it is now? Big guilds on Ymir Econ one castle, then take over 3 others by the end of woe anyways. The 5 major guilds always get 2-5 castles every single woe as it is lol.

Woe should be returned to the way it used to be. Woe 1 both wed AND sat and woe 2 on sat.

Edited by Tyrael, 24 June 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#11 Amis

Amis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Classic

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

They'll get even more now, because there is less incentive to protect the castle they really care for and more incentive for them to be more daring in raids on as many castles as possible. This is a terrible idea that I hope never makes it to the Classic server.

#12 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

kRO has never really learned how2Game design. I hope none of you are surprised by how bad their decision making is.

#13 Amis

Amis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Classic

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

kRO has never really learned how2Game design. I hope none of you are surprised by how bad their decision making is.

Someone over there keeps trying to make RO into WoW, neglecting to understand that WoW has millions of players with a high turnover (lots of new players coming in, lots of players leaving) thanks to its graphics, casual play, mass pop culture appeal. All things incidentally which are not traditional RO selling points. RO is a niche special interest appeal and always will be, and should be designed and marketed as such.

#14 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

I agree, they keep making decisions that seems as if they never really console with their community first, we know what we want and we know how we can make changes that'll help the player base grow and keep them. Pvp and Woe are no exception to this. Our GMs know better then that thankfully which is partly the reason why iROs renewal isnt ruined. Dont forget that our GMs took out the item penalty drop not long after we got renewal and they've been steadily making minor tweaks to the backend of the game and adding content to help overly nerfed 3rd classes level acceptably.

The main problem with RO is the communication barrier and the fact there are multiple builds being run differently on different Continents literally. iRO has always had content issue and regardless as to whether or not its a pipeline thing from kRO, its always been one of the main problems killing this game is lack of bug updates in a more timely manner.

I also feel most of the player base doesnt understand that, iRO has to purchase upgrades from kRO in order to get the content they develop. [Least thats what i was told]. If thats true theres another solid reason why you should spend money on the Kafra shop to bring kROs content here.

Edited by Cubical, 24 June 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#15 Tora

Tora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

Could I get a link or list with specific details of these new updates?

#16 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

I like the god items dropping randomly from castles as it creates more competition for control of multiple castles and not just 'as long as we have brit 3 let those fags take luina 2'. As well as allowing the oppurtunity for weaker/newer guilds to build up. Tho, I agree with Aaron, this kills the desire to eco. If we get this, I'd like to see an NPC in the castles that will exchange 1:1 any god item component, every 12hrs for the guild leader if its above a certain eco point. While changing the requirements for god items to be 4x of each item. It would be stupid and demoralizing to keep getting thor gauntlets when you need wraith of valks and have no real way of controling that. Otherwise, I'd be a pointless change.

Removing castles is kinda dumb, theres still alot of players/guilds.

#17 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

I like the god items dropping randomly from castles as it creates more competition for control of multiple castles and not just 'as long as we have brit 3 let those fags take luina 2'. As well as allowing the oppurtunity for weaker/newer guilds to build up. Tho, I agree with Aaron, this kills the desire to eco. If we get this, I'd like to see an NPC in the castles that will exchange 1:1 any god item component, every 12hrs for the guild leader if its above a certain eco point. While changing the requirements for god items to be 4x of each item. It would be stupid and demoralizing to keep getting thor gauntlets when you need wraith of valks and have no real way of controling that. Otherwise, I'd be a pointless change.

Removing castles is kinda dumb, theres still alot of players/guilds.

1:1 god item exchange would be really stupid, a -_-ty bris piece would be worth the same as a meg piece?

#18 Tora

Tora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

Supply and Demand. If you really want it, better be willing to compromise regardless of its usefulness. Gold doesn't feed you after all.

#19 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

What we really need to have happen is a Woe 1.0 over haul of the entire thing; from GD stuff, castle design/layout, flag in system to god item creation methods and ultimately the castle drops need to get seriously re-worked. Woe 2.0 works with 3rd jobs in mind, however Woe 1.0 system does not seem to be very friendly towards large alliances and 3rd job classes. The drops in Woe 2.0 casltes could probably be beefed up abit.

Edited by Cubical, 24 June 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#20 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

1:1 god item exchange would be really stupid, a -_-ty bris piece would be worth the same as a meg piece?

It could be reworked to just being 1:1 for the same component type, like meg pieces for other meg pieces only.

#21 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

I hope it arrives soon.

#22 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

The ONLY thing really deserving to change is.

Current castle drops changing to Bellum drops, and the guild dungeon changing to the Hall of Abyss.

New equipments and potions and everything are somewhat good. But nothing else on the structure of WOE should be changed.

#23 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

I'm probably wrong, but I think the update is aiming to do a few things.

1)Prevent 1 powerful guild/alliance from monopolizing a specific castle, thus preventing anyone else from obtaining a specific God Item piece
2)Promote more competition overall, since guilds and alliances will now be rewarded for holding the most castles, rather than just one specific castle
3)Shake up the power structure a little bit, so that even somewhat smaller guilds can happen upon really good pieces to either sell or keep to make into a God Item

This is what I see coming with the changes to WoE. It should be extremely competitive in my opinion.

#24 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

I can see where your coming from ramen, however i still hardily believe the drops over all need fixing and not just randomizing god pieces

#25 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

I'm probably wrong, but I think the update is aiming to do a few things.

1)Prevent 1 powerful guild/alliance from monopolizing a specific castle, thus preventing anyone else from obtaining a specific God Item piece
2)Promote more competition overall, since guilds and alliances will now be rewarded for holding the most castles, rather than just one specific castle
3)Shake up the power structure a little bit, so that even somewhat smaller guilds can happen upon really good pieces to either sell or keep to make into a God Item

This is what I see coming with the changes to WoE. It should be extremely competitive in my opinion.

So you're saying you shouldn't gain a big advantage for being a powerful guild? That would reduce, not promote competition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users