What's "Good" About The Coming WoE Update? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What's "Good" About The Coming WoE Update?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#26 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

So you're saying you shouldn't gain a big advantage for being a powerful guild? That would reduce, not promote competition.

I think you're missing the point. Big, powerful guilds will still be rewarded in the new system, perhaps even more than they were before because now, the goal will be to take and hold as many castles as possible each WoE. If your big guild can successfully hold 5-6 castles each WoE (woe1), you're going to have a HUGE advantage over every other guild. I'm sure there are many of the large guilds that could take more castles than that, but don't currently because most of their focus is spent keeping one specific castle from breaking.

As for the castle loots. Yeah, I think they definitely need an update. The current loot is pretty worthless and I imagine gets sold to the NPC rather than vended.

#27 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

I think you're missing the point. Big, powerful guilds will still be rewarded in the new system, perhaps even more than they were before because now, the goal will be to take and hold as many castles as possible each WoE. If your big guild can successfully hold 5-6 castles each WoE (woe1), you're going to have a HUGE advantage over every other guild. I'm sure there are many of the large guilds that could take more castles than that, but don't currently because most of their focus is spent keeping one specific castle from breaking.

As for the castle loots. Yeah, I think they definitely need an update. The current loot is pretty worthless and I imagine gets sold to the NPC rather than vended.

So you want WoE to turn into a last ten minute, go take castles? Being able to have, and hold a castle without it breaking is what should be rewarded, not going out and breaking random castles.

To be honest, I couldn't care less about god items and the amount of castles (less castles = better for me). I'm just looking at this from a 100% WoE competition perspective, and this would definitely reduce competition.

Edited by Aaronnn, 24 June 2012 - 01:46 PM.

#28 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

I'm probably wrong, but I think the update is aiming to do a few things.

1)Prevent 1 powerful guild/alliance from monopolizing a specific castle, thus preventing anyone else from obtaining a specific God Item piece
2)Promote more competition overall, since guilds and alliances will now be rewarded for holding the most castles, rather than just one specific castle
3)Shake up the power structure a little bit, so that even somewhat smaller guilds can happen upon really good pieces to either sell or keep to make into a God Item

This is what I see coming with the changes to WoE. It should be extremely competitive in my opinion.

We all have a pretty good idea of what needs to be done to re-vamp WoE.
The problem is once again KRO is missing the mark and tipping the game balance for the worse.

Moving good items to hard to defend castles would go a long way to improve competition.
That would leave nub castles open for small guilds that would be okay with lesser loots and encourages big guilds to go all out to defend the trickiest of forts.

#29 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

It could be reworked to just being 1:1 for the same component type, like meg pieces for other meg pieces only.

I'm cool trading my 5 sputums for 5 roots

#30 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

The only good thing about this WoE update is more people will want pre-renewal WoE now
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

its another way to push people into pre-renewal trololol

just saying lol

#31 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

I'm sorry, but my guild plays for 2 hours of WoE, not 10 minutes. We like blitzing as a group, instead of sending small armies in the end that get wiped out easily and defending a fort as a team, not having a lot of castles and getting wiped by noob guilds because we got a -_-ty precast.

#32 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

I don't like this new system (WOE update), prolly would quit WOE-ing because its just hilarious for me...

#33 dixit456

dixit456

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationNorth France
  • Server:European

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:02 AM

with this new system, who wants to do 2hours to keep a castle ... you just need to break the emperium the last....

it's going to be a rush WOE stylzz

and i disagree that every guilds should be able to have meg' piece ....

you are the best? you win the best

go craft your brisingamen and stop cry

#34 Savantas

Savantas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

You guys are missing a major point of this update, and thats the investment system. That investment system opens up the Hall of the abyss which gives acces to those OP Bellum weapons. This 2nd Guild dungeon is only available in the realm that gets the most investment, and it is in that realm the most fights will happen.

#35 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:33 AM

You guys are missing a major point of this update, and thats the investment system. That investment system opens up the Hall of the abyss which gives acces to those OP Bellum weapons. This 2nd Guild dungeon is only available in the realm that gets the most investment, and it is in that realm the most fights will happen.

Go on...i thought we could get Bellum from the KVM staff in that KVM area. I guess i mis understood something?

#36 Savantas

Savantas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:36 AM

Go on...i thought we could get Bellum from the KVM staff in that KVM area. I guess i mis understood something?

As far as I know there will be some sort of investment Cat hand npc in which you can put zeny. As soon as the realm reaches a treshold everyone that owns a castle in that realm can access the 2nd floor of the guild dungeon, and the monsters on that floor are supposed to drop some kind of Bellum weapons/armors/gear there was a link with a post to the details somewhere on the forum. The first floor of the guild dungeon (the ones we have now) wont be pvp anymore but the 2nd floor will be

#37 Zenden

Zenden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Server:(Chaos) Loki's Realm

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

As far as I know there will be some sort of investment Cat hand npc in which you can put zeny. As soon as the realm reaches a treshold everyone that owns a castle in that realm can access the 2nd floor of the guild dungeon, and the monsters on that floor are supposed to drop some kind of Bellum weapons/armors/gear there was a link with a post to the details somewhere on the forum. The first floor of the guild dungeon (the ones we have now) wont be pvp anymore but the 2nd floor will be

Right here - http://forums.warppo...mperium-update/

Also, by every 10k zeny you invest you get WoE supplies/food ingredients.

#38 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

:o oh boy

#39 misushima

misushima

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

The only good thing of the Update is "bye bye Luina 4 and its troll portal on pre emp room" lol.

#40 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

The only good thing of the Update is "bye bye Luina 4 and its troll portal on pre emp room" lol.

It's ok luina 4 won't miss you either.

(seriously I love this castle, why must it leave? Luina 1 is far stupider.)

#41 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

It's ok luina 4 won't miss you either.

(seriously I love this castle, why must it leave? Luina 1 is far stupider.)

THE STAIRS OH GOD NOT THE STAIRS

#42 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

Stairs + RO = fail.

Geffen tower.
Biolabs
Luina 1 and 2
Prontera castle
morroc upgrade shop

#43 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

PvP / WoE in this game has always been one of the more strong features that other games lack.

That being said, I personally fail to see much good in any of the updates we are supposed to be receiving.

What is the point of making God Item Pieces drop randomly from any castle? Less fights and less need to econ a fort? If I don't need a specific fort, it seems like the need to fight over it decreases quite a bit. Getting the piece you want is now a matter of pure luck rather than hard work to get and keep that castle.

What is the point of removing castles? Perhaps on Ymir there are empty forts, but Valk has plenty of guilds, large and small, and the current number of castles seems to work well for how many guilds we have.

Just hoping someone can help me see it more positively... Because honestly at this point I'm not very excited for it. :P

Less castles, more fighting to get those treasures. Random treasures, much much more fighting to gain control of rarer pieces. After a few months the cost of items will change completely, some will go up, some down. This way one guild doesn't econ feather of angel wing and sell them for 1B a pop either (not that back in the day it costed more).

#44 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

Wouldn't you want to econ as many forts as possible if ANY of them could drop rare pieces?

#45 Zenden

Zenden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Server:(Chaos) Loki's Realm

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:18 AM

Siege White Potion - White potion created from using fresh white herbs. Restores 10% HP. Weight: 8.

Finnaly! Something better than ranked slims + it can be obtained by investing zeny in castles

#46 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

Wouldn't you want to econ as many forts as possible if ANY of them could drop rare pieces?

I think on average our player base is pretty smart about these sorts of things.
Right now it is "Econ long enough you eventually will the get item you want"
This system rewards team work and econing guilds consume a huge amount of supplies driving a lot of economic activity.

New system, no matter how many castles you have, no matter how much econ is in them, you may never get the piece you need. It's like they expect us to spend same effort for less reward. Well iRO woe crowd isn't that dumb. It will just be mad dashes for the emp last minute because no castle is worth staying and defending and econing. I don't think it is fair that some random person like me can walk into a castle, take it and basically have the same chance of getting god item pieces I want as someone that has been defending and investing for a month.

Also, Bellium gears are pointless if you take away the reason for people to need them.

Edited by TheSquishy, 26 June 2012 - 08:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users