Classic Server opening settings of interest - Page 6 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 13 votes

Classic Server opening settings of interest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
615 replies to this topic

#126 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:27 AM

?????????? BLESS BOXES??????????

+10 FOOD??????????

HEIMDOL PLS

#127 Foaad

Foaad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:36 AM

boring vs pay2winplay

Fixed.
And I chose pay2play.
I really doubt anyone on the new server would not afford unlimited supplies of light blue pots, and would consider them pay2win.

#128 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:36 AM

I prefer to listen to heavy rock and grind hardcore mode for a few days at a time uninterrupted until my eyes bleed.
Sitting gives my mind time to think, which is detrimental to the grind mind state
Personally preference I guess :3

Teach me, master.

---

I suppose, then, I should get to studying the olddb if I'm going to give Classic+ a try. ._. This doesn't sound thrilling... so much competition. ;<

#129 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:38 AM

Rental gear level restriction should stay at level 1.

#130 afterbreeze

afterbreeze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:42 AM

Foods and light blues please, why do you say no to profit on things that doesn't break the game and insist on adding things that does.

#131 Sigurthr

Sigurthr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:48 AM

No Enriched Ore, No Rental Gear. If you want a Pre-Renewal "Classic" Server, then make it one. >:|

#132 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:50 AM

Enriched ore is fine, rental gear is fine

They want money, this is the way to do it. (And how they have done it in the past).

You must have not played iRO pre-renewal, these have been standards for years.

#133 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

No to SP items for KP.

SP items take away from a layer of woe skill. Turns it into a gfist joke fest, renders soul burn useless and allows every class to sit at 90% weight no downside.

As for foods just no. They an elitest huge char boost only the richest (usually the already winning side) will use. They just make woe seem less accessable to the average joe.

#134 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:55 AM

No to SP items for KP.

SP items take away from a layer of woe skill. Turns it into a gfist joke fest, renders soul burn useless and allows every class to sit at 90% weight no downside.

As for foods just no. They an elitest huge char boost only the richest (usually the already winning side) will use. They just make woe seem less accessable to the average joe.

You actually will need VIP to access at some point... therefore you will be able to afford KP to buy your stuff...

Btw, what are the rates for the server? PLEASE don't tell me something like 1x/1x/1x...

#135 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:58 AM

No to SP items for KP.

100% garunteed foods will be implemented later on

people are going to spam sp pots regardless

done.

#136 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:58 AM

No to SP items for KP.

LOL.

You are a joke.

High end guilds will always have enough blue potions to spam ALL skills for two hours straight.

Putting kafra blues and +10 foods in the kafra shops allows for THE LITTLE GUILDS to catch up easily.

If that's your reasoning, then you're just putting yourself and all other bad guilds at a disadvantage.

#137 Salvador

Salvador

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:01 AM

LIGHT BLUE POTIONS

Light Pots, +10food, blessings, all pay 2 win items.

thought one of this server's main purpose was that we have at least one none pay 2 win server?

#138 afterbreeze

afterbreeze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

The entire reason for WoE supply box and light blue box are for small guilds to compete with bigger ones. Heim said it himself when he added these items to kafra shop before.

#139 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:04 AM

Light Pots, +10food, blessings, all pay 2 win items.

thought one of this server's main purpose was that we have at least one none pay 2 win server?

Main goal of the server top to bottom:

MAKE MONEY
>
>
>
>
EVERYTHING ELSE

And you're mistaken, this isn't pay to win. This is pay to have convenience.

All of this is available in game, don't want to pay? No problem! Go hunt the stuff instead.

Edited by cybernetic, 27 June 2012 - 04:05 AM.

#140 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:06 AM

I can easy afford kp.

My point is by the end woe had become a
gleaders always champ and mass snap spam blue pots. Carry 2000 slims and blues.
90% of ppl champ/AB cannon fodder and 10% GR wearing food using super chars who never die.

The days of 50% weight and accounting for sp were more fun.

I seriously hated the whole ABomb gfist bs.

By the end guilds had ideal bot Bombers just programmed to spam bombs as soon as certain names popped up on their screen.

#141 Salvador

Salvador

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:07 AM

The entire reason for WoE supply box and light blue box are for small guilds to compete with bigger ones. Heim said it himself when he added these items to kafra shop before.

so litterally pay 2 win?

#142 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:07 AM

Would rather have the server start with really basic kafra items. +10 Foods, hp/sp pots, buff scroll etc... can come later but not at the launch. That when such things really had a significant impact and here am implying about the stats boost items.

As long as hd ores, +7 certs and probably kvm badges don't find their way through kafra then its all good.

#143 Kokotewa

Kokotewa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:21 AM

It's not!
Should we make a survey for all the returning players to see why do they play RO and why they have been requesting a pre-renewal server?!
TBH renewal PVM and leveling is much more fun than pre-renewal and there is plenty of new content to explore (new maps, new mvps, new equips, new enchants, new quests, etc.)
So if a pre-renewal server is not all about WoE then I don't see what it's all about? The grind, the farming, the content we already bored with?! I don't get it!

Pre-renewal is special to players for different reasons; many of which are focused on PvM content. Ragnarok Online isn't unique in this factor; 'Everquest' pioneered the concept and continues to re-release 'time locked' based servers, most recently with the "Fippy Darkpaw" server on Feb 15 2011. It is worth mentioning that Everquest is nearly 90-99% a PvM game, but I do expect several players will enjoy leveling in 'old fashioned' methods. Yours truly enjoys hunting mi gaos for hours on end.

I believe pre-renewal is special because players are allowed to 'build your own adventure'. Classic RO does not tell players where to go and what to do, I could explain but Doddler does it better.

I find Classic RO PvP to be more skill intensive because of its heavy dependency on PvM, rather than hindered by it. My perspective is unique compared to most, so I'll explain the best I can.

WoE PvP 'tests' skill in a variety of ways; mechanical ability, judgement, PvM ability, and charisma are the first which come to mind.

Mechanical ability is what I believe most players imagine when they think of 'skill'; how well a player pots, spams, positions, etc. While certainly an asset, the most 'skilled' players are not always the victors in Classic WoE. Where it feels like the most important aspect to a guild member, it is the opposite to that of a guild leader. The battlefield becomes a fast paced 'chess match', and less focused on the individual. The most difficult and rewarding fights are the ones not fought, everything else is simply going through the motions. It is very rare in my experience to have battles without known outcomes - information is the most powerful ally, and everything else is trading positioning or fighting for time.

PvM directly influences which resources are available in WoE; or 'how well a player farms influences what tools are available'. A player with knowledge of PvM has the advantage; tharas, marcs, valk armors, ygg berries/bombs, to ghostrings and MvP cards. The depth that is PvM is astounding, not limited to items but builds as well. Pure - Brewer, FS Prof, WoE Champ. Most, if not all, of these builds are not PvM viable but are very powerful in WoE. Obtaining these items and building these characters poses another challenge to players, testing their skill outside of PvP combat.

As for charisma, Sakura was known for 6 players. WoE isn't battlegrounds with an equal numbers on each side - its a test of resources. Guilds will not have equal fiances, players, mechanical abilities, judgement, or charisma. Balancing those factors is part of what makes WoE interesting.

#144 Explode

Explode

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:21 AM

we dont need light blue box and itens for sp recover ...( i hate noobs)

Edited by Explode, 27 June 2012 - 04:22 AM.

#145 McCllein

McCllein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBelém-PA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:29 AM

NO PAY2WIN ITENS PLEASE, THIS CONFIG = BEST IMO.

#146 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:34 AM

I don't see why there isn't +10 foods, and VIP doesn't give 1.5x increased exp.

#147 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:36 AM

Base rates should be 1.5x until VIP is introduced IMO.

#148 Chewbacca2

Chewbacca2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:36 AM

GTB and DR?

#149 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:07 AM

No kafra foods ever and make it only 1 free slot if you've had an active account in good standing for XXX months out of the last 2 years or something. Ruining the economy up front then stopping the flow of bots won't help lol

#150 Ehdfbb

Ehdfbb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

These kafra shop items are enough for me. Not too much 'gaining more advantage'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users