Classic Server opening settings of interest - Page 7 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 13 votes

Classic Server opening settings of interest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
615 replies to this topic

#151 afterbreeze

afterbreeze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:19 AM

1 CHARACTER SLOT
0.25 RATE
DE-LEVEL ON DEATH, EVEN IN WOE
ONLY RED POTS FROM NPC
FINAL DESTINATION

LETS DO YOU THIS YOU MASOCHIST-_-.

#152 aldrich

aldrich

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:22 AM

YES LIGHT BLUES! DONT WANNA MAKE MY 2M EXP/HR INTO 800k CAUSE I HAVE TO SIT AND TWIDDLE MY THUMBS FOR 5 MINS REGENING SP

Remember what happened on valk? No light blues = encouraging bot farmers to get buttloads of strawberries and make $$$$ HEIMDADDY THINK OF ALL THE MONEY THAT WOULD GO TO A RIGHTEOUS CAUSE INSTEAD OF THE BOTTERS. YOU ARE AIDING THE DESTRUCTION OF AMERICA'S ECONOMY. SAY YES TO JOBS IN AMERICA AND NO TO SHIPPING JOBS OVERSEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!exlcalm!1 THANK YOU, GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

[mod] Zrorieu edit: Tone the language down. [/mod]

Edited by zr0rieu, 27 June 2012 - 08:33 AM.

#153 Freshz33raa

Freshz33raa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:32 AM

pay to change ur job is horrible lol

#154 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:37 AM

Beata, for the launch I need it to be as open as possible, we will be attentive to the low areas to be sure bots get thunked out easier. We have been reallocating resources to allow for this.

For VIP, the problem is the map server just isn't equipped to be able to read if you have VIP or not, I would love it to, but it just isn't available. It is possible later it will be an option, but waiting for a possible that may never come isn't how we get this launched.

Why not make a lower headgear give 1.5x increased exp that's rental for 3-4 weeks, that costs like 800 KP or w/e? Lots of people would buy it, just don't make it ugly.

edit : this isn't my idea, saw someone else mention it in a different thread

edit : read this

The only thing that can be done for VIP in-game would be an item, that you would have to purchase, frankly it wouldn't be able to do the things many of you would want like bonus exp/drops/lower death penalty and storage increase.

Not sure why increased exp can't be done, seen it on multiple pservers before, not sure about the other features though, but people mainly want increased exp.

Edited by Aaronnn, 27 June 2012 - 05:44 AM.

#155 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:37 AM

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++ AARON

#156 Sagarinha

Sagarinha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:42 AM

Looking great! Can not wait to play!!!

Although I think we shouldnt restrict characters from being created by VIP only, this will stop alot of players from wanting to play here. Keep character creation just like its done on valk, 3 with regular account...9 with VIP.

This.

These kafra shop items are enough for me. Not too much 'gaining more advantage'

#157 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:42 AM

The geographers, I'll have to check, honestly I would rather not have geos in-game at start due to the hunting method but such is life.

geos are still a excellent way of leveling up noobies since they're stationary. Plus wouldnt it be great to log onto your gm account to see mass hordes of dead bodies because 1 geo one shots them with a bite lol

#158 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:48 AM

Well then there will be watching everything and there will be fine with me, well there is 1 thing that is annoying if I, not yet implemented that Anubis?
It is the only place where a priest can solo FS.

Other than that I feel good that the VIP benefits will not be implemented, not safety upgrades, no potions Light.

#159 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:49 AM

Well then there will be watching everything and there will be fine with me, well there is 1 thing that is annoying if I, not yet implemented that Anubis?
It is the only place where a priest can solo FS.

FS priest can't solo anubis.

#160 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

lol? can, in prerenewal, im Priest FS i can solo, you cant is another history~.

#161 aldrich

aldrich

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

Posted Image

#162 Serenity

Serenity

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

As in, If you have TU10/stats for TU (dex/luk) then you aren't really a FS priest are you then..

#163 Foaad

Foaad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

Pre-renewal is special to players for different reasons;
Balancing those factors is part of what makes WoE interesting.

Yes, I agree with you,
I didn't say no one likes PVM, I said (and I thhink you would agree with me, based what we were hearing on forums 2-3 years ago) that most players played RO for WoE.
And I don't want to change what WoE is, I just want GMs to reialize that WoE is the main selling point of RO, and focus on this aspect of the game (that most people enjoy), Effecient leveling is only a factor in WoE at the begining of a new server, so we cant really say that this factor is really important (most currently running RO server do not have this factor),
Effecient PVM / MVP, yes this is an important factor of WoE and I don't want to change that, I just want to remove the tedious boring bits, without affecting the overall aspects of WoE.

And I think the following things will not hinder any aspect of WoE or PVM:
  • Fast leveling, no temporary boost events, no exploitable events, just plain fast leveling for everyone all the time
    • because leveling is boring, this game is old and outdated, older players with less time, etc.
  • Basic consumables from kafra shop such as white/blue pots, no high end consumables such as EDP or bombs or seeds
    • because low end stuff will come either from bots or kafra shop, it's your choice, and if it didn't come from either, then the game will be unplayable or boring for most of these older players with less time to spend in the game.
  • No OP stuff from pay2win events.
    • If you have anything to sell for cash then put it straight in the Kafra shop (for a limited time if you want) If you can't put it straight in the Kafra shop then that's a very strong sign that you shouldn't sell it at all.
    • No stupid events such as upgrade to +10 events, or buy this swag and enter a raffle to win an MvP card, or stupid stuff like that.

#164 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

As in, If you have TU10/stats for TU (dex/luk) then you aren't really a FS priest are you then..

lol i dont need TU, only Heal and maybe later (with SL) Holy Light , really guys play pre-renewal and Priest? idont think so lol.

#165 Maux

Maux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:00 AM

pay to change ur job is horrible lol

Not as horrible if intead of think about yourself only you think aboutthe whole community, because this a way to lock bots down to a first class, which are not that "effective". Specialy when they lock first class job change behind this magic stone.

#166 kiiwi

kiiwi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:04 AM

Dislike requiring to pay for a job change. Shouldn't VIP be enough?

Why is this game SO dependent on the kafra shop?

#167 Serenity

Serenity

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:06 AM

Have fun heal bombing anubis with 38k hp. At the very least res bomb them, heal? lol.
Posted Image

The game is dependent on kafra shop because Gravity is not a charity, it is a business.

Edited by Serenity, 27 June 2012 - 06:08 AM.

#168 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:06 AM

lol i dont need TU, only Heal and maybe later (with SL) Holy Light , really guys play pre-renewal and Priest? idont think so lol.

Healbombing anubis. Why didn't I think of that.

#169 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:10 AM

Yes, I agree with you,
I didn't say no one likes PVM, I said (and I thhink you would agree with me, based what we were hearing on forums 2-3 years ago) that most players played RO for WoE.
And I don't want to change what WoE is, I just want GMs to reialize that WoE is the main selling point of RO, and focus on this aspect of the game (that most people enjoy), Effecient leveling is only a factor in WoE at the begining of a new server, so we cant really say that this factor is really important (most currently running RO server do not have this factor),
Effecient PVM / MVP, yes this is an important factor of WoE and I don't want to change that, I just want to remove the tedious boring bits, without affecting the overall aspects of WoE.

And I think the following things will not hinder any aspect of WoE or PVM:

• Fast leveling, no temporary boost events, no exploitable events, just plain fast leveling for everyone all the time
    • because leveling is boring, this game is old and outdated, older players with less time, etc.
  • Basic consumables from kafra shop such as white/blue pots, no high end consumables such as EDP or bombs or seeds
    • because low end stuff will come either from bots or kafra shop, it's your choice, and if it didn't come from either, then the game will be unplayable or boring for most of these older players with less time to spend in the game.
  • No OP stuff from pay2win events.
    • If you have anything to sell for cash then put it straight in the Kafra shop (for a limited time if you want) If you can't put it straight in the Kafra shop then that's a very strong sign that you shouldn't sell it at all.
    • No stupid events such as upgrade to +10 events, or buy this swag and enter a raffle to win an MvP card, or stupid stuff like that.

good things exect for Light Blue pots and fast lvl, and another things is good.

I have a 9 years playing iRO, i work and study, and I have time (a little but I have) to play and visit the forums lol. and still prefer a leveling slow but fun.

and yeah no stupid events like gramps or enriched hammers.

#170 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

well its good to see the ones who complain that its gonna be to hard or take to long will get frustrated and quit... that way when people are 99 and transing they will be real hardcore players and not a bunch of noobs who never learned to play their classes properly...

#171 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

Have fun heal bombing anubis with 38k hp. At the very least res bomb them, heal? lol.
Posted Image

The game is dependent on kafra shop because Gravity is not a charity, it is a business.

yup is slow but fun and Holy Light with Link is more fun~

and

yeah this is not a charity, it is a business, gravity need money for stay alive servers~

Posted Image (cute <3)

#172 Maux

Maux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

well its good to see the ones who complain that its gonna be to hard or take to long will get frustrated and quit... that way when people are 99 and transing they will be real hardcore players and not a bunch of noobs who never learned to play their classes properly...

This^
Feel yourself hugged.

#173 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

at least we know we are gonna have some zerg rush cannon fodder for woe/pvp

#174 Paramel

Paramel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

why is peco band more expensive -___-

wheres the sheep hat!!!

#175 tavern

tavern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

at least we know we are gonna have some zerg rush cannon fodder for woe/pvp

lmao gonna love facerolling all "real" players aka the ones who grind for 200 hrs to get a 99 char and see it as an achievement only to get bumslapped hardcore in woe. cya there guys.

Edited by tavern, 27 June 2012 - 06:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users