Classic Server opening settings of interest - Page 9 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 13 votes

Classic Server opening settings of interest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
615 replies to this topic

#201 Eternal

Eternal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

how did you make 950?

#202 Kokotewa

Kokotewa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

Careful thought was put into which items would be available for balance and the economy. I would like to thank the iRO GM team for this excellent list and the sneak peak into the server that it gives us.

Classic Combat Knife 2 Week Rental Box 250

Spoiler

I am a bit concerned about the Rental Combat Knife however; sp items have to be balanced carefully, and the amount of SP this item regenerates while remaining a high attack defense bypassing weapon is very strong. In addition, with the pre-trans WoE scene, 10% reduction is very high when combined with a thara and a cranial.

However this item existed on iRO Valkyrie and wasn't a major concern, but that also wasn't involving a no-trans WoE restriction. So the situation may be a bit different here.

Edited by Kokotewa, 27 June 2012 - 08:11 AM.

#203 Bagarn

Bagarn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

Looks good.

With the rental items, leveling will be pretty fast anyway. No need for extra sp items as there's only a few classes who can really abuse it so early on.

It somehow looks like there's not too much anti bot measures early on. If the bots will be taken care of early it looks like you got it covered later on as well. If the bots will flood from start there might be many losing interest in the server. The talk of fighting bots was one of the last things that cought my interest, probably what made me decide on trying this out. Bots are not required for a working economy!

#204 Amis

Amis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Classic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

I've always primarily played monk/champ. I love gfist. I have plenty of money to throw at KS. That said, blues shouldn't be available from the KS. The game is designed so that SP is a finite resource. You don't want to sit to regen sp? Fine, get some more int and wear some sp regen gear, that's what it is there for. What's that you say, you don't want to get more int because that ruins your build? Well guess what... that's a tradeoff. You want to be able to have a perfectly tailored build when you hit 99, you're going to have to deal with the hard road to get there.

On the other point... if a top tier guild can supply unlimited woe supplies to their guildies via in game means, then they're doing it right. They're either hunting the mats or buying them with zeny, and that means they're working for it. Why else would they be top tier in the first place? "I don't have time anymore" qq. Neither do I. I'll probably be serving some 19 year old guild master who is in college, because they'll have time to run the guild. That's how it works. If you don't want to put in the work, you'd better join forces with someone who does. If you can't be bothered to do that, go play on one of the renewal servers.

Heim, the list looks awesome and I can't wait to get started all over again!

#205 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

how did you make 950?

Surveys in Power-Up section.

#206 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

Remember kiddies, RO didn't use to have light blue potions!
And players got around just fine.

That people are begging for them, for access to massive amounts of sp items even costing real money, as opposed to just getting a bit of int and/or using in game sp items.
Have become dependent on an item that completely replaces the in game equivalents.

I'm the last one that should be saying something like this here but man the f up and earn your own items and quit begging gravity to hold your hand while you potty.

Edited by Krispin, 27 June 2012 - 08:17 AM.

#207 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

ppl also had 10x the amount of free time that they have now to grind at crappy rates

#208 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

I like how you can tell what people are dependent on pay to win mechanics.
"waaah, I dun wAnna put in the effort to level a WoE character"
No good guild wants lazy sobs. In fact, there is a reason most serious WOE guilds had a minimum level requirement.

"Waaaah, I dun wanna manage my SP"
Odin forbid one actually think before spamming your skills.
Odin forbid you develop a resource management plan for your guild.
Or, OMG! Odin forbid you go level a with a priest or gypsy.

Honestly, some of you guys need to stay on renewal server. Because it's obvious you have no desire to put effort into leveling and gearing characters.

#209 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

Keep Light Blue Potions Out of Kafra Shop, Thank You!

#210 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

I like how you can tell what people are dependent on pay to win mechanics.
"waaah, I dun wAnna put in the effort to level a WoE character"
No good guild wants lazy sobs. In fact, there is a reason most serious WOE guilds had a minimum level requirement.

"Waaaah, I dun wanna manage my SP"
Odin forbid one actually think before spamming your skills.
Odin forbid you develop a resource management plan for your guild.
Or, OMG! Odin forbid you go level a with a priest or gypsy.

Honestly, some of you guys need to stay on renewal server. Because it's obvious you have no desire to put effort into leveling and gearing characters.

this is just stupid. it isn't being lazy that ppl don't want to lvl. its the fact that they cannot as they did 7 yrs ago. this is being realistic. if any of you has the time to grind lvls like they did before many many years ago, you prob need to get your priorities fixed. it has been said before the main draw is the prerenewal mechanics aspect combined with the organized woe gvg fights/etc. lvling is just the pathway to get to that point, but no one wants to grind for months to even reach that point. lvling is stupid and does not promote any skill as most players have already done that before. people should work towards their gear and "moderately" work for their lvls.

putting in higher rates or light blues does not equal pay to win. you think people want to grind for months for many housr a day to get to the point of doing the one thing the want which is woe? go play a more simple minded game like connect four if you cant comprehend this. majority of people will stop playing if lvling is an extreme chore

light blues should at the least be implemented for pvm purposes. if it creates lopsided play for monks/etc in woe, take it out or disable it there.

#211 Derixs

Derixs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

lvling is stupid and does not promote any skill as most players have already done that before. people should work towards their gear and "moderately" work for their lvls.

This sentence right here tells us you should just stay where you are, if you dont like to grind/work for your levels then the classic server is really not for you.

#212 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

Classic isn't meant to spoonfeed you the enntire way. Hence CLASSIC. When things were.... CLASSIC. When leveling was.... CLASSIC. No Light Blues, period.

This'll make players think more on how valuable SP is rather than just pay for free recoveries practically. Part of leveling in pre-renewal was full of pride because you got there with limtations, not basically paying your way up.

#213 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

your reading comprehension level is very low

#214 Amis

Amis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Classic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

this is just stupid. it isn't being lazy that ppl don't want to lvl. its the fact that they cannot as they did 7 yrs ago. this is being realistic. if any of you has the time to grind lvls like they did before many many years ago, you prob need to get your priorities fixed. it has been said before the main draw is the prerenewal mechanics aspect combined with the organized woe gvg fights/etc. lvling is just the pathway to get to that point, but no one wants to grind for months to even reach that point. lvling is stupid and does not promote any skill as most players have already done that before. people should work towards their gear and "moderately" work for their lvls.

putting in higher rates or light blues does not equal pay to win. you think people want to grind for months for many housr a day to get to the point of doing the one thing the want which is woe? go play a more simple minded game like connect four if you cant comprehend this. majority of people will stop playing if lvling is an extreme chore

light blues should at the least be implemented for pvm purposes. if it creates lopsided play for monks/etc in woe, take it out or disable it there.

I call BS. RO has always been a grind pre-renewal. 99 is the only part someone has to work for. You say you want to switch the focus to gearing. I see the ulterior motive here, because it's the same way most people with money get their high end gears these days. You want an easy ride on leveling because you can buy KS items, resell them into the playerbase and use THAT for an easy ride to gearing. It's all a smokescreen to hide the fact that you can leverage RL money to be much better geared than most of the rest of the playerbase. If ONLY they'd remove that annoying part where you actually have to work hard for your levels, right? And add back those light blue pots so you can scrollwheel your way to a shower of white and blue leetness.

It's really very frustrating to see people advocating changes for selfish gain, at the expense of the integrity of the game.

#215 kotoyuri

kotoyuri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:44 AM

sp surely can't be as valuable as time is.

#216 tavern

tavern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:44 AM

Classic isn't meant to spoonfeed you the enntire way. Hence CLASSIC. When things were.... CLASSIC. When leveling was.... CLASSIC. No Light Blues, period.

This'll make players think more on how valuable SP is rather than just pay for free recoveries practically. Part of leveling in pre-renewal was full of pride because you got there with limtations, not basically paying your way up.

pay for free recoveries
pay for free
???

you idiots make my head hurt. convenience =/= pay to win. even to the people that grind and are prideful of your 99s, your still gonna get handed in woe/pvp/mvp/pvm by the people who actually know how to play and will do it having have played in 1/10th of the time. why do you even want to handicap yourselves.

oh nooeeesss the integrity of the gameee, we have to be prideful of our 500 hours+ grinded characters, the people who are complaining have never played pre-renewal wahhhhhhhhh. the people who are advocating these changes have more experience playing pre-renewal and are better than you will ever be. we're just trying to even up the playing field for you guys for more competition. but if you dont want that then... alright. glhf killing a billion stings for over 500 hours, sounds like a ton of fun to me.

Edited by tavern, 27 June 2012 - 08:52 AM.

#217 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

FINALLY. I am ready to play the REAL game.

#218 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

I call BS. RO has always been a grind pre-renewal. 99 is the only part someone has to work for. You say you want to switch the focus to gearing. I see the ulterior motive here, because it's the same way most people with money get their high end gears these days. You want an easy ride on leveling because you can buy KS items, resell them into the playerbase and use THAT for an easy ride to gearing. It's all a smokescreen to hide the fact that you can leverage RL money to be much better geared than most of the rest of the playerbase. If ONLY they'd remove that annoying part where you actually have to work hard for your levels, right? And add back those light blue pots so you can scrollwheel your way to a shower of white and blue leetness.

It's really very frustrating to see people advocating changes for selfish gain, at the expense of the integrity of the game.

congrats. i didn't think it was possible to have another poster be as delusional or assume so many things, but i was wrong. me using RL money to get ahead on ro? joke of the day.

for all i care, implement 99/50 npcs and COMPLETELY remove kafra shop. then ppl can then work on their gears from there and do what they want to do : WoE

you got me though. my secret plan revealed =(. my plan for my mastercard to rule the server is now known to everyone

Edited by Andini, 27 June 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#219 McCllein

McCllein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBelém-PA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

Keep Light Blue Potions Out of Kafra Shop, Thank You!

THIS.

#220 Salvador

Salvador

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

Heres an idea... stay where you are, with your max lvl and best gears. WoE to your hearts content. Get all the WoE you want, which is all you really want. This way you're happy, and the people who want to play REAL CLASSIC RO, can do it the old fashion way. Form parties and play the game it was meant to be played: with other people.

#221 Derixs

Derixs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

the people who are advocating these changes have more experience playing pre-renewal and are better than you will ever be. we're just trying to even up the playing field for you guys for more competition. but if you dont want that then... alright. glhf killing a billion stings for over 500 hours, sounds like a ton of fun to me.

Wow, like many people have posted before, if you dont like the rates and if you dont like to grind, DON'T PLAY ON CLASSIC!

Stay where you are and have fun playing the way you like to. The people on the classic server will not miss you.

Edited by Derixs, 27 June 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#222 gabrielsoldani

gabrielsoldani

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro, RJ - Brazil

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

RO back at that time was classically P2P.

Just saying.

#223 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

have fun in WoE

#224 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

sp surely can't be as valuable as time is.

So what do you tell your "Big WoE guilds" everyone claims they are in a rush to participate in (hence why they are in need of handouts)when leader says:
-We need help hunting whites and blues so we tank our enemies pre-cast better
-We need help leveling up our member sages so we can have ME.
-We need help leveling our member priests so we can have better parties
-We need help leveling our member monks so we can gfist
-We need help leveling up our member sins so we can have a good emp breaker
-We need help leveling our member rogues for espionage
-We need help leveling our member performers so we can have classical pluck
-We need help leveling up our member wizards so we can have a good pre-cast
-We need help hunting thara/marc cards so our members can have better survive-ability.
-Other random stuff that requires time and effort.

I'm sure, "I don't have time to help/don't want to help/don't want to make effort" is not going to be an acceptable answer. It's the time and effort of the people in a guild that made WoE in pre-renewal amazing it's the same time and effort that made having a 99 character really special. It was a challenge to figure out the fastest way to level and that encouraged you to be creative, try new maps and experiment with strange gear setups. Some people choose in-game achievement over sleep. These people will get more gear and have higher levels than everyone else because that is how they roll. But don't expect to achieve what a hardcore player can achieve in the time they can achieve it. If you don't know what you are doing and unfamiliar with pre-renewal, would it kill to ask someone that does for help?

Edited by TheSquishy, 27 June 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#225 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

your reading comprehension level is very low

By the way, keep the personal attacks out of this. I'm gonna be nice about it once.

If you don't like some of the changes going into classic, specifically no light blue pots. Then DON'T PLAY, SIMPLE AS THAT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users