Classic RO Bug Reporting Thread - Classic Tech Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic RO Bug Reporting Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
199 replies to this topic

#1 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:00 AM

I thought it would be a good idea to consolidate the bug reports to one place if we could do it, so I made this thread. I'll start with a couple of things I've noticed.

Pecopeco Eggs are not spawning at all on moc_fild10, which they should be.

Novice Potions are character bound, despite the fact that they weren't in pre-renewal.

#2 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

Novice pots are intended to be character bound to keep the "new novice = infinite free pots" scenario.
Peco eggs should be correct now.

New Bugs :
Reports of Blacksmith job change being "dead ended"
Reports of Rogue Job change being "dead ended"

#3 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

Assassin job change quest seems to be "dead ended" also. The job change NPC requires you to have Necklace of Oblivion in the inventory, but the NPC prior to this step did not give the item to the player upon passing the invisible maze test.

#4 chiefschlumpf

chiefschlumpf

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

No Male Thiefbugs and Poison Spores spawn in culvert 3, but Hydras which shouldnt be there.

Dont know if it is already fixed, when you want to proceed on Novice Ground only 1 of the 4 (?) NPCs let you pass.

- Novice Training ground final room, all the "keystone" NPCs will send you to the 1-4 room correctly rather than rudely DCing you.

ok nevermind ^^

Edited by chiefschlumpf, 05 July 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#5 Justinklr

Justinklr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationTemeria
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

Sometimes the sprite of the weapon of my swordsman simple don't appear when i attack(i know it's not that important but....). I need to reequip it for the sprite to appear. And in the second day i went through empty maps in the way to morroc. Will try to go there again.

#6 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

Running the classic client as admin blocks Ventrilo keybindings for many people. One or two I have talked to have no problems running the clients as admin and having bindings ( possibly using mouse button bindingd in vent? ).

Classic client needs to be run as admin to set hotkey bar locations even though it is NOT installed in a UAC protected folder. Once the hotkey bar is where you want it you no longer need to run as admin ( since vent works again when not running as admin ) since it is only the LOCATION on screen that is affected.

#7 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

So assassin quest may need love. Interesting I do see some Assassins, will check it out, and the morroc maps.

Today the Blacksmith and Rogue job changes were confirmed.

#8 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

OLD Battlemode bugs still exist please fix them less you like people hex editing there client or use the that program that isnt so legal.

1. Spacebar and Enter trigger BM on and off( it should be only spacebard) Fixed with Hex editing or that not so legal program
2. Double Text bug cause by BM (I know gravity is aware of this bug as when bm was first introduce they turn if off by defualt when client close cause people where have there passwords typed wrong cause if it) Fixable by hex editing and that not so legal program.

If a the communtiy could fix there problems the self's with in month of finding them then so can gravity !!

Tho honestly I think it be easier for them to just make the new clients BM system work with old ro cause in 8 years we he had that orgrinal BM it was never fixed

Edited by Puppet, 05 July 2012 - 03:18 PM.

#9 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:13 AM

If a player walks in on another player casting a spell, the person who walked in can't see a cast time bar.

This is a pretty bad problem because on their end it looks like the person who's (apparently) casting is just standing there doing nothing.

Edited by MrTyranitar, 06 July 2012 - 07:13 AM.

#10 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

If a player walks in on another player casting a spell, the person who walked in can't see a cast time bar.

This is a pretty bad problem because on their end it looks like the person who's (apparently) casting is just standing there doing nothing.

That is nothing new, its been that way for as long as I can remember, 10 years?

#11 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

There's a different animation at the very least when someone is casting, though (in Renewal).
All it does is look like the person is AFKing, which doesn't help when cast times are so long. It'd be frustrating to get KSed like that, but it's not like a viewer will even know you're doing anything, even if they wait a few seconds.

Edited by MrTyranitar, 06 July 2012 - 09:19 AM.

#12 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

Turns out there are no kaho/blazer spawns in magma 1. theres only lava golems explosion and some grizzly. map feels really empty

#13 Hestorn

Hestorn

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

Making Arrows is bugged. The NPC does not accept the items.

#14 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

Making Arrows is bugged. The NPC does not accept the items.

Use Tough Scale Like Stem dropped from Stem Worm ( currently in CT basement, the bottom right portal from CT HO's ) NOT pointed scale dropped from wormtails near geffen.

#15 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:15 AM

Maybe this belongs here:
http://forums.warppo...irstyle-coupon/

Apparently Miyabi Dolls are not available and so there is no way to obtain Glossy Hair to change ones hairstyle with the Kafra Hairstyle Coupon.

#16 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:47 AM

I haven't had time to really look into this.

Multiple reports that zone changing ( Example: Prontera zones > Juno zones OR anywhere to Eden zone ) DCs you. You attempt to log in again and the server gives the still recognized last login. Login one more time and you are at your destination.

This happens quite often with me and a several people I have talked with so far.

#17 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

That may be due to the map server going down momentarily due to hiccups.

#18 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

That may be due to the map server going down momentarily due to hiccups.

Actually, since it is pretty consistent - and what I will list in a second- I would look more at routing. It doesn't matter from what zone to what zone you warp from, but as long as you stay in the same zone you won't be DCd. I.E. walking from morroc to hodes ( and teleporting doesn't DC you ). It seems like the handoff to the next zone is dropped.

#19 krossfire

krossfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

The shortcut list (the alt+m list) doesn't save when running classicro normally.

#20 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

Actually, since it is pretty consistent - and what I will list in a second- I would look more at routing. It doesn't matter from what zone to what zone you warp from, but as long as you stay in the same zone you won't be DCd. I.E. walking from morroc to hodes ( and teleporting doesn't DC you ). It seems like the handoff to the next zone is dropped.

i get the same thing alot. its not the map server going down because you're able to log back in right away.

#21 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

I've just spent at least two hours collecting 5 crystal blue, 5 green live, 5 red blood, and 5 wind of verdure for the wizard class change test, as the NPC in the Wizard Guild instructed me to. Upon returning to the Wizard Guild, I discovered that I was told to collect the wrong set of items due to a bug. To be precise, the NPC told me to collect both sets of items, with the first set being the wrong one.

This kind of carelessness is exactly why I quit playing last year.

My first dialogue with the NPC:

Posted Image

My dialogue with the NPC after returning with the items:

Posted Image

Edited by richard, 07 July 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#22 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

i get the same thing alot. its not the map server going down because you're able to log back in right away.

When the map servers go down and come back up while you are still in the game, it will disconnect you once you change maps.

#23 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

A friend of mine has been trapped on the Rogue job change for the past few days. I logged on his account and tried to do it, and what happened is as soon as you finish the written test, the NPC tells you your score and the dialogue immediately closes. Talking to the NPC again results in her asking if you want to try again.

I tested out various different ways of finishing the test (tried all three question sets, tried getting 100%, 90%, and 0%) and the same thing happens every time. I also tried just moving on to the next step in the quest, but that didn't work either. He submitted a ticket, to which he got the response that they knew about the issue and were working on it. However, in the patch thread, it says the problem with the Rogue Job Change was fixed, but he still can't continue it.

Was just wondering if this was something that is still being worked on or if he is going to need GM help to finish the job change.

Edited by TwilightsCall, 07 July 2012 - 04:59 PM.

#24 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

Bard job change quest:

You have to use the mouse to click "ok" and "next" when doing the part where you have to type out the songs or you fail. I failed multiple times, even when copying the text from irowiki because if you hit the enter key during that part of the job change it fails you.

I finally remembered that "bug" from way back when and the very next time when I only clicked it was a success. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it seems like it is a bug to me...

#25 ChikumoG1

ChikumoG1

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

I'm not sure that this is the right place to ask post this since it's not really a bug, but is cmd_fild05 (the only place with "Wild Roses" in pre-renewal) really supposed to be inaccesible at this point?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users