Rewamp the leveling of ROSE - Page 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Rewamp the leveling of ROSE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#26 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:28 AM

The developers are too "busy" to take leveling a bit closer to questing, so I did not even bother putting that into the suggestion. :( :D :unsure:

Over the years I made a ton of quests submissions, but not many of them got into the game. :(

Is there anything else you could think of that's not just "pew pew of mobs" all day? I'm listening! :(

Pewpew = red beans = $$

Quests = - $

Thats the reason :D

#27 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Forums

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:30 AM

Pewpew = red beans = $$

Quests = - $

Thats the reason :unsure:

We already knew the reason, there is no need to state the obvious.

#28 Silwok

Silwok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:31 AM

Its an mmo, you pretty much have to either grind monsters or quests in them. If u want a different way of lvling why don't u try making a dealer and lvl off crafting :3

#29 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:32 AM

Its an mmo, you pretty much have to either grind monsters or quests in them. If u want a different way of lvling why don't u try making a dealer and lvl off crafting :3

More like just grinding .

#30 wtfroflstomp

wtfroflstomp

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:29 PM

i wasn't saying get rid of DoD or moonchilds Posted Image just saying have more areas where you would be able to fight monsters that give the same exp and have the same amount of mobs available for AOEING Posted Image. switch gorge of silence area with the DoD area, then it would be bigger and hold more mobs, gorge of silence is wasted space in my opinion, its only usefulness is getting your second job.

there are a lot of locations that could just be made smaller, examples would be luxem tower, adventure plains and breezy hills... these areas are completely empty unless there are one or two noobies running around or someone is doing their job quest....

make areas like DoD, forgotten temple, prison R1 and the ruins bigger because these (besides Junon and Zant) are the most populated areas in the game and everyone is fighting for mobs to reach their next lvl or get the next lisent Na lol... Posted Image

this destroys the point of the thread. youve taken the thread, cut it with sciccors, burnt it, took the ashes, fed it to a shark, kill the shark, eat the shark, poop out the shark, burn the poop, wtfroflstomp the ashes, blend it with water, drink it, piss it out, evaporate it, take the remainder and burn it, and spread the ashes among the world.

Ur saying u just want the high popular places bigger with more mobs to aoe more. this thread is about making those highly populated places, not so populated.
i agree with pickups original thread. so much space is being wasted.
its like this:
i take pickup and kaizy and dupe them 500 times. i take the 1000 dudes and put them in a room. this room has doors to many other rooms aswell. in each room there is a box and every time u open it, you pick up a gold coin. it will disapear and reapear somewere else. it respawns instantly. in other rooms, however, its the same thing, but the respawn is 2 hours. so why would you go to those rooms? youll obviously stay in the instant respawn room. so with 500 kaizys and 500 pickups, youde immagine there would be great difficulty to get to the box to get the coin yourself.

this is wut were talking about, not drops, nor increasing spawns. were talkin about moving a high concentration of people and moving it to a low concentration area. just like lemonade powder.

#31 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:06 AM

The developers are too "busy" to take leveling a bit closer to questing, so I did not even bother putting that into the suggestion. ;) :( :p_err:

Over the years I made a ton of quests submissions, but not many of them got into the game. :)

Is there anything else you could think of that's not just "pew pew of mobs" all day? I'm listening! :)

I wasn't hating on your thread, just saying I was expecting more! If I had an idea I would have posted it, but I haven't thought about it enough nor care to. I just wanted to read something interesting.

They should have paid more attention to your quests but they probably would have just make them require IM tickets!

#32 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:32 PM

This exp idea, would make it like the good ol' days!
i miss leveling all over the place, like polar bears, illusion ghost, Oblivian temple, ect.
I found no problem with the old pre-orlo part 1 exp system, and it would be nice to go back to!

#33 Viceking

Viceking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • LocationCanada Québec
  • Server:Dragonis>Leonis

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

nice idea +1

#34 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:02 PM

this destroys the point of the thread. youve taken the thread, cut it with sciccors, burnt it, took the ashes, fed it to a shark, kill the shark, eat the shark, poop out the shark, burn the poop, wtfroflstomp the ashes, blend it with water, drink it, piss it out, evaporate it, take the remainder and burn it, and spread the ashes among the world.

Ur saying u just want the high popular places bigger with more mobs to aoe more. this thread is about making those highly populated places, not so populated.
i agree with pickups original thread. so much space is being wasted.
its like this:
i take pickup and kaizy and dupe them 500 times. i take the 1000 dudes and put them in a room. this room has doors to many other rooms aswell. in each room there is a box and every time u open it, you pick up a gold coin. it will disapear and reapear somewere else. it respawns instantly. in other rooms, however, its the same thing, but the respawn is 2 hours. so why would you go to those rooms? youll obviously stay in the instant respawn room. so with 500 kaizys and 500 pickups, youde immagine there would be great difficulty to get to the box to get the coin yourself.

this is wut were talking about, not drops, nor increasing spawns. were talkin about moving a high concentration of people and moving it to a low concentration area. just like lemonade powder.

wow...what imagination

#35 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

I miss the old days, where lvling was much slower, prison was packed and even if we were able to one shot mobs lvling was just fine.

Exp was balanced compared to the strenght of mobs.

Many more maps were used, forgotten temple wasn't all bout MC, DoD mobs had slower respawn time and exp after 125-130 made people leave it to explore Luna maps.

It was great. Now all we need to do (I did this too, to level my arti) is stay at DoD between 100-160, get a party lvl 50 in prison and go to MC until 200, then Scav Leaders in Orlo till 220.

4 maps for 120 levels.Gey.

#36 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:25 AM

With the much rumored balancing changes that are happening, I can say that the Dev Team is working on a way to improve the Leveling process for ROSE.

#37 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:13 AM

With the much rumored balancing changes that are happening, I can say that the Dev Team is working on a way to improve the Leveling process for ROSE.

Good to hear, I just hope "improve" doesn't mean even faster <_<

I personally think experience you get from mobs is fine. It's just that it should decrease when the mob becomes weaker.

And I would give a slight boost to experience given by Luna\Eldeon mobs (prison included)

#38 Viceking

Viceking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • LocationCanada Québec
  • Server:Dragonis>Leonis

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:37 PM

im glad to hear that zep i cant wait for old school days <_<

#39 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:25 PM

Vegeta, what does the scouter say about how many +1s I'm going to give? IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!

#40 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

finally admins are taking time to look in this forums section ( excluding geddeh)
your contribution is appreciated

#41 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:45 PM

you have to look at it this way, the damage is already done.
there is no doubt in my mind anyone whos played at least a few months has a 200+
if you just change up all the leveling and make it harder and everything, most people wont level a new char, and the maps will still remain unused.

#42 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:52 AM

finally admins are taking time to look in this forums section ( excluding geddeh)
your contribution is appreciated

Geddeh is not an admin.

#43 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:36 AM

3 changes for the exp system:

1: Ideal exp with yellow mobs, a little less on green mobs, not good exp with blue mobs and really bad with grey mobs (just like it was before).

2: Less exp on aoe spots, and more exp for single mobs spots. It makes the leveling more fair for classes with no aoe skills, or that don't have party and can't lure. This way the exp will be balanced for both area killing or leveling on the forsaken places mentioned previously, killing one by one.

eg: The time you kill 1 mob in eldeon around lvl 155, an aoe class can kill around 10 moonchild. So, the mob in eldeon should give an exp equal for killing the same ammount in aoe, or a little less, instead each mc giving more exp than one no-aoe mob. If the eldeon mob gives 80k exp, than each mc should give around 15k.

3: Leveling time. Now, the players can lvl too much fast above lvl 100. Applying the changes mentioned above, would largely solve the problem, but the exp need to be balanced.

For now, an eldeon mob around lvl 155 like I said, gives no more than 30k, and it's horrible. The way for leveling don't have to be much fast, but this is too slow, for no aoe killing.

The same way, leveling from round 70 to lvl 100, is not the fast that it should be. This way new players get frustrated.

Then, is have to be faster at the beggining, and get slower each time you level, but don't have to be too much slow, or the game will turn to a infinite grind.

Another thing that could be done, is a exp boost for solo players. Sometimes you can't get a party, and leveling alone is not the best match, so you just log out of the game, because don't want to lvl this way.

#44 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:55 AM

2: Less exp on aoe spots, and more exp for single mobs spots. It makes the leveling more fair for classes with no aoe skills, or that don't have party and can't lure. This way the exp will be balanced for both area killing or leveling on the forsaken places mentioned previously, killing one by one.

eg: The time you kill 1 mob in eldeon around lvl 155, an aoe class can kill around 10 moonchild. So, the mob in eldeon should give an exp equal for killing the same ammount in aoe, or a little less, instead each mc giving more exp than one no-aoe mob. If the eldeon mob gives 80k exp, than each mc should give around 15k.

i very much, disagree with this one.

#45 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:40 AM

Many things can be done in order to repopulate the empty areas of ROSE.

The very first step would be to make the mobs give less exp after being "yellow".

• Yellow - Gives the ideal amount of experience
  • Green - Little worse exp than yellow
  • Blue - Little less exp than green
  • Gray - Bad exp.

So you have this (which i 100% agree with) but you didn't really specify what bad, ideal, etc means in your eyes. Is this something around what you were thinking?

Purple = 150% (+20%)
Pink = 130% (+15%)
Red = 115% (+10%)
Orange = 105% (+5%)
Yellow = 100% (+0%) IDEAL
Green= 95% (-5%)
Blue = 85% (-10%)
Azure= 70%(-15%)
Gray = 50% (-20%)

OR

Purple = 120% (+5%)
Pink = 115% (+5%)
Red = 110% (+5%)
Orange = 105% (+5%)
Yellow = 100% (+0%) IDEAL
Green= 95% (-5%)
Blue = 85% (-10%)
Azure= 70%(-15%)
Gray = 50% (-20%)

60-90
Junon: Kenji Beach
Luna: Mt. Eruca
Eldeon: -

90-110
Junon: Gorge of Silence
Luna: Freezing Plateau
Eldeon: Outside of Xita

I'll take the level 60-90 level range as an example:
Junon - Kenji beach
Low level monsters: 60-70'ish: Doonga of various kind and a Boss spawn.
Mid level monsters: 70-80'ish: Krawfy of various kind and a Boss spawn.
High level monster: 80-90'ish: Kaiman of various kind and a Boss spawn.

Would this mean that the monster spawns of GoS would be

Low Level: 80-90
Mid Level: 90-100
High Level: 100-110

OR

Low Level: 90-100
Mid Level: 100-110
High Level: 110-120

#46 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

Can you reveal anything about it, or at least tell us if it has anything that was taken from this suggestion?

Would this mean that the monster spawns of GoS would be

Low Level: 80-90
Mid Level: 90-100
High Level: 100-110

OR

Low Level: 90-100
Mid Level: 100-110
High Level: 110-120

The level ranges for the low/mid/high level ranges would depend on zone, because not every zone has 3 kinds of monsters like Kenji Beach, it was just an example.

It could have even been like this for Kenji:
60-63 normal/elder doonga
63-66 ranger/doonga origin
66-70 the other doongas which I can't recall the name of
70-73 Normal Krawfy
73-76 Captain/whatever Krawfy
and so on...

#47 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

What I meant was do the lowest monsters of a map overlap the highest of the previous so, for example, it would be 80-90 high in kenji and 80-90 low in GOS.

#48 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:30 PM

What I meant was do the lowest monsters of a map overlap the highest of the previous so, for example, it would be 80-90 high in kenji and 80-90 low in GOS.

Nope, but if a person on the highest level of the previous zone wants some challenge he can go to the easy spot of the next zone to fight orange or above mobs.

#49 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:32 PM

okay. sounds good =) still curious on the monster str:exp though lol (personally i liked the second of the options i gave. first seems op)

#50 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:57 AM

i very much, disagree with this one.

It was just an example. For true values around lvl 155~160, mc can still giving around 40k exp per kill, while mobs with no aoe spawn should give around 200~250k exp, or else that mobs will still useless. If the player is forced to level that mobs with sux exp, then the leveling time will not be balanced.

But prison mobs must give more exp than mc too. The higher the mob, the more exp you should get, with normal mobs, aoe mobs, and bosses. The way it's now the exp almost don't change if you are lvl 100 or 200.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users