Rewamp the leveling of ROSE - Page 3 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Rewamp the leveling of ROSE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#51 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:41 PM

but then, if we got 250k per each moster solo killed, why the hell would we even aoe?

Edited by EmoCutt, 08 February 2011 - 02:41 PM.

#52 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:23 PM

but then, if we got 250k per each moster solo killed, why the hell would we even aoe?

If you can kill 20 moonchild while kills 2 solo mobs, you will get 800k with aoe spot or 500k with solo spot, or up to 750k if you can kill 3 mobs. It'll not sux the aoe spots.

The values can be other, but it must have a balance. Aoe stills good just like before, but if all rooms are full, or you are not an aoe class, you can kill these mobs instead loggin out of the game frustrated.

And when you get a lvl with no more aoe spots, you can still leveling at the same ratio.

Anyway, what is best: players leveling only in cave, mc, prison, and getting 200+, or getting 200 leveling through most of the maps across all planets?

I bet a lot of players don't know maps like Breezy Hills, Arumic Valley, Mana and Crystal Snowfields, Mount Eruca, Freezing Plateau, Marsh of Ghosts,... and the others maps are forsaken and only known due the need to cross it in quests and pathways to maps like temple and prison.

Edited by Paulera, 08 February 2011 - 04:24 PM.

#53 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

The idea would be too hard to implement anyways. As they have it there are monsters in various places (some in mob spots some in single spawn spots) but they all get the exact same exp. As you want it they would have to program two monsters that are identical in every way except their experience rate. That is just for one. They would have to do this for every monster in the game (except maybe prisoners) which will add to a whole bunch of extra programming and time.

#54 ValkyrieMists

ValkyrieMists

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:07 PM

this thread has some very interesting ideas! and, by the way, i have played a few months and do not have a level 220 (on draconis).

I am one whw would much rather farm my way up to 220, and tend to save nearly every mat i farm to craft, or for clannies crafters, but i do explore every area in the game, but tend to farm the same areas with each char for specific drops and make use of the compendium to find what im after to farm. One of the better ideas here,that would fit many play styles, is to definatly increase the mob size, and spacing on luna, so that there are more than a few sparse groupings of 3 mobs. and have them be more responsive to being collected up to be aoed. so that they dont run back to their spot after, say 10 feet. if more areas on luna and xita were aoe friendly it would have more parties there. on the opposite tack, dont make the spawns as aggressive and beyond extremely full as they did in the goblin caves. that is an example of too much of a good thing, and keeps players out of there except for their job quest and cart quest.

another thought is regarding the reward for partying a mob or location. i can recall a version of rose where people would party at behemoths to collect tendons, a necessary cart mat, and giant hearts at vulcans for another cart mat. or farming a spot on eldeon that dropped a specific jewelery peice, and so on. So, in this case, it makes farming certain mobs / areas, a necessity to farmers and crafters, or for someone who wants to have something made for them. put special drop items needed by chars in game at various mobs thru eldeon and luna.

Another idea might be to have the teleporter in luna be able to teleport you to b2 of forgotten temple. if, that is they are never able to fix the bugs in temple where you have to re run thru there. that in itself is reason enough to stay out of there. and yes making at least b1 non pvp is a great idea.

regarding the original suggestion and pvp maps, tho. i am not a pvp person and the suggestion that all leveling maps for 200+ be pvp zones i dont agree with. there should be maps that fit everyones play style, not just one type of play style. just my 2 cents

#55 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:03 AM

regarding the original suggestion and pvp maps, tho. i am not a pvp person and the suggestion that all leveling maps for 200+ be pvp zones i dont agree with. there should be maps that fit everyones play style, not just one type of play style. just my 2 cents

Not all of them, read it again.

#56 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:38 AM

For now, an eldeon mob around lvl 155 like I said, gives no more than 30k, and it's horrible. The way for leveling don't have to be much fast, but this is too slow, for no aoe killing.

I find myself wondering where you got these XP numbers from
in the non-pvp Eldeon maps the best XP you can get for a sub 160 monster is the King Hook which gives a base value of 13937 not 30K.
I would be leveling my Arti (PurpleDee) more than twice as fast if I could get 30K lol.

Yes I AM probably the only player who never levels in the PVP or AOE regions and never bothers getting involved with leveling parties. PurpleDee has soloed all the way to 165 and it has taken about 4 years to get there :(

I love the idea of nerfing the XP on gray monsters and balancing it all out so that players need to use all the maps. That's the way I always play anyhow. -_-

#57 alibaba5

alibaba5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:34 PM

Very good ideas, hope they will be applied.

#58 OldMan54

OldMan54

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere Texas
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

I find myself wondering where you got these XP numbers from
in the non-pvp Eldeon maps the best XP you can get for a sub 160 monster is the King Hook which gives a base value of 13937 not 30K.
I would be leveling my Arti (PurpleDee) more than twice as fast if I could get 30K lol.

Yes I AM probably the only player who never levels in the PVP or AOE regions and never bothers getting involved with leveling parties. PurpleDee has soloed all the way to 165 and it has taken about 4 years to get there :D

I love the idea of nerfing the XP on gray monsters and balancing it all out so that players need to use all the maps. That's the way I always play anyhow. :P

I have been solo leveling for quite some time. This time around I got tired of begging for buffs every 30 min and am using a buffer on a 2nd account. I don't party them, just use the buffer when I need her. I have 4 chars in the 15x range. Buffer, Crafter, Soldier, and Hawker.

Yes, I remember the days spent at the Aqua King where there was always parties going on. Those were the days.

I remember the GM spawning some high lvl mob right outside the city. It took a long, long time to kill. So much fun.

Since the game is so sparsely populated, could I suggest some changes to make it more single player friendly?

1. Leave leveling areas that have fast spawn, without elite spawns that a single player of the map level can not kill (or make them only agro if they get hit). I hate getting killed when I am trying to level and a king mob spawns in my leveling field.

2. Make buffs last longer.

3. Yes, please keep buffs in carts.

4. These last changes messed up the clan fields for me. I was leveling there and was going to make 160 there. Then you changed. I could not longer lvl in the Junon clan field due to lvl restrictions. But I could barely kill in the Luna clan fields entrance. You can't lvl quickly if you can't kill fast enough.

#59 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:31 PM

I have been solo leveling for quite some time. This time around I got tired of begging for buffs every 30 min and am using a buffer on a 2nd account. I don't party them, just use the buffer when I need her. I have 4 chars in the 15x range. Buffer, Crafter, Soldier, and Hawker.

Yes, I remember the days spent at the Aqua King where there was always parties going on. Those were the days.

I remember the GM spawning some high lvl mob right outside the city. It took a long, long time to kill. So much fun.

Since the game is so sparsely populated, could I suggest some changes to make it more single player friendly?

1. Leave leveling areas that have fast spawn, without elite spawns that a single player of the map level can not kill (or make them only agro if they get hit). I hate getting killed when I am trying to level and a king mob spawns in my leveling field.

2. Make buffs last longer.

3. Yes, please keep buffs in carts.

4. These last changes messed up the clan fields for me. I was leveling there and was going to make 160 there. Then you changed. I could not longer lvl in the Junon clan field due to lvl restrictions. But I could barely kill in the Luna clan fields entrance. You can't lvl quickly if you can't kill fast enough.

This topic is from 2010 and the last post (before yours bumped it) was from 2011. Much has changed since then so I'm locking this to avoid confusion. Please make a new topic in this section with your ideas so the community can comment and give input and the devs can consider what you are suggesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users