Mains are so boring now... - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

Mains are so boring now...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#26 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

kRO would have to get the expanded Gunslinger class first... so its looks like the ninja update will be here this summer afterall? can we start nailing down a time frame to a specific month.... i get asked like 10 times a day when its coming out... and soon is getting old as an answer... remember September is Autumn not Summer... so im assuming it will be August? not too much of summer left...

#27 Elinu

Elinu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

LOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

#28 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:46 AM

Game needs content. If there is something to do in game other then Leveling and WoE, you wouldn't be bored...

#29 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

how about a new class for the gunslingers or supernovieS?

SNs can get 150 now

And get out my Soul Linkers came out first they need some kind of awesome third class with some amazing melee skill because I said so.

#30 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

Look, mains have been boring for months now. We haven't received a good episodic update to the game in like a year. The updates we've gotten were the crappy localized towns that virtually nobody was looking forward to. We need malangdo island, new woe investment system, new battlegrounds GUI, etc to get people interested. My bet is on this classic server delaying any implementation of episodic content from Korea because the game staff has had their hands full working on designing classic server. Which points to my previous post about the classic server being damaging to the health of the main servers.

#31 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:26 AM

Look, mains have been boring for months now. We haven't received a good episodic update to the game in like a year. The updates we've gotten were the crappy localized towns that virtually nobody was looking forward to. We need malangdo island, new woe investment system, new battlegrounds GUI, etc to get people interested. My bet is on this classic server delaying any implementation of episodic content from Korea because the game staff has had their hands full working on designing classic server. Which points to my previous post about the classic server being damaging to the health of the main servers.

sure is but cant blame GMs they gave us wat we wanted for YEARS
and also they need $$ to run the game, most pre-re players wud prefer to it UNLESS they have zillions of items on renewal or play suras/bombers

#32 sniperkenny

sniperkenny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

Leveling is the most boring thing once I got my RG to 117 and realized it's a boring class...
Most fun in this game for me is playing with economy and upgrade system, but now that most people just buy kafra gears and OP items almost nothing left to do.
Maybe new ninja class will change this

#33 sniperkenny

sniperkenny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

Game needs content. If there is something to do in game other then Leveling and WoE, you wouldn't be bored...

There's no motivation for the crew. They are getting money from the people who use item shop, vip even with current game content. Most of the new stuff is somehow just new headgears or garments that have cool looking sprites, of course everything for cash. I went from liking the game to the brink of quitting. The only thing stopping me is a half-decent amount of zeny and some cool gears in my account that I worked for without any botting and kafra items.. No battle manuals, no nothing, just pure game. Now all this is worthless pretty much. Everything is just too old I guess. If there's anything to do besides MVP, WOE, ET , something for lv ~105 like more economy content , banking, better crafting that will be a breath of fresh air

#34 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

Hopefully summoner will bring some life back to the non WoE / PVP scene. VIP requirement might be one of the downfalls however, though I think non-VIPs may be able to join their party.

#35 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Server:ymir

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

SNs can get 150 now

And get out my Soul Linkers came out first they need some kind of awesome third class with some amazing melee skill because I said so.

but they nerfed the insta-cast for them and made them useless for anything other than a vend/oc/dc slave........sn's should be able to of some use other than what they are currently able to be used for

#36 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

Ymir was boring way before Classic opened up...renewal is boring. New contents won't change anything.

#37 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

Ymir was boring way before Classic opened up...renewal is boring. New contents won't change anything.

Yup, renewal gives no one a reason to play it. Broken WoE, Broken PvM. What is the point again?
But now at least classic will provide some income to keep the servers solvent because even if you look ahead at kro updates,
they still haven't really fixed anything that matters beside the BG revamp.

#38 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

id like to see new gears that can be made by gathering items like some of the old headgears quests but with different effects based on a key ingredient being different... like say make an armor with different effects based on what type of gemstone is used in its recipe (emeralds rubies saphires diamonds ect) just something we can say this is a new system or something... really i think what we all want is more episodic content tho... forget about comparing classic and renewal its pointless theyre 2 different games now... neither is better than the other... both are flawed... but really push forward on the content so its not about 2 or 3 things anymore... mvp woe and pvp shouldnt be the only things in the end...

#39 ValheruWolf

ValheruWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

Maybe you should play a different game then, like Guild Wars. Leveling is an essential part of RPGs and you have to work for it. You don't usually start playing Dungeons & Dragons by killing a super hard boss.

ok, I agree that RO is about leveling, but I object to RO being classified as an RPG... regardless of what they say, and RPG's leveling is just something that happens really, RPG's are truely about the story. You want to know why I play RO. It's basically a chat room that I can kill monsters in and has a great music track to it heh. Woot! I'd probably love RO a lot more if i liked PVPing but it's not really my thing so yeah.... chat room! lol.

#40 Auronic

Auronic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

Which points to my previous post about the classic server being damaging to the health of the main servers.

Only a matter of time until Classic becomes the main server. Not that I'm against that, I personally hate renewal. xD

#41 SisterGoat

SisterGoat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationWA, USA

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

ok, I agree that RO is about leveling, but I object to RO being classified as an RPG... regardless of what they say, and RPG's leveling is just something that happens really, RPG's are truely about the story. You want to know why I play RO. It's basically a chat room that I can kill monsters in and has a great music track to it heh. Woot! I'd probably love RO a lot more if i liked PVPing but it's not really my thing so yeah.... chat room! lol.

Well technically it's an MMORPG, but yeah.

#42 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

the problem with classic is it will eventually hit that wall... you know the one where youre like now what? we need more content for classic.... the problem is the content available will have to be altered alot to make it playable in classic... i really cant see a bunch of trans 99s running around killing in the new world... it will literally become a server of just log in for woe... obviously this will take awhile because of the slow growth rate on classic... but the wall wil happen... it happens on renewal all the time but then they add new stuff and new maps dungeons ect...

#43 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

Im boorreedd... There's nothing to do on the Ymir anymore. Pvp's boring without Classic/AS and don't get me started on Valk pvp.. there skill level is non-existent. I started in 2009 on RO I don't even know what an Archer Skeleton is much less a Geographer and I cant stand the grind-fest which is Classic RO. Although the monster challenge with bad gears is mildly entertaining weeding out your friends for good by class just to get good exp just to get 2 levels in 3 hours is not fun in the slightest.

Can I just pay fifty bucks or something and get a level 99 Kafra coupon. You know something for us players who didn't start in open beta and are reliving our childhood with Classic RO. Don't get me wrong, I love RO and I wanna keep playing so this is by no means a Troll QQ post where I wanna b**** about whats wrong with the game. I just want something interesting again, can't you guys make like an Inferno mode for RO renewal? Where drops are better and monsters are 10x harder? or like ranked team pvp where god items/kvm mvp cards are disabled or something so we can actually get some basis on who has the better teamwork? What about getting an actual packet reading protection system like game-guard to fight against auto-potters and botters one simple capcha at login would stop 90% of your botting problems.

Do something.. please half the people I know quit and not even because renewal was bad or anything either but because the game's engine is being ran into the ground by Kafra shop and Dev's trying to make a dollar off of the upgrading system and it's making the game boring.

I understand you guys want to make a dollar, -_- I want to make a dollar. But come on Ragnarok is a great game. Hell just seeing that funky haired dudes icon on my desktop makes me want to play. i'ts just boring

I somehow support this...

Everytime I have some extra time to log into Classic and level, something comes out... friends, gym, movies... sometimes I get bored and go watch anime... read light novels... Vanguard...

Even when people claim that Classic is kinda easy... for some reason I just don't feel sitting leveling for more than 35 minutes lol... (back in the day, the reason why I level my mage, wiz, hw and Warlock were because I fell sick and had no choice to be in my room for a week or so)... perhaps I gotta wait until I get sick again so I can spend more time in front of my laptop?

Ohh before I forget.... Can you merge Ymir and Yggdrasil and get that over with? maybe WoE will be more interesting on Ymir like that...

PS: Why we don't have something like SAO... where you brain get fried if you die in game... or something like .HACK// where you get comatose if you fight AIDA or random evil AI....

Edited by Wizard, 11 July 2012 - 09:36 AM.

#44 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

There's no motivation for the crew. They are getting money from the people who use item shop, vip even with current game content. Most of the new stuff is somehow just new headgears or garments that have cool looking sprites, of course everything for cash. I went from liking the game to the brink of quitting. The only thing stopping me is a half-decent amount of zeny and some cool gears in my account that I worked for without any botting and kafra items.. No battle manuals, no nothing, just pure game. Now all this is worthless pretty much. Everything is just too old I guess. If there's anything to do besides MVP, WOE, ET , something for lv ~105 like more economy content , banking, better crafting that will be a breath of fresh air

Think of the reason people love DeadPool, he's different from all other super heros from Capcom, Marvel or DC. He breaks the 4th wall, he has spunk and character... plus he steals other peoples moves! So when they added Deadpool to Marvel VS Capcom 3 and Ultimate he has been one character that mean before playing never knew about, but from playing are very interested with. Through game play you become attached with a character, you root for them or you hate them...like how everyone hates Virgil-_-.

For iRO, you speak of a similar experience, where you're finding a meaning in something and wanting to explore that more. The issue is that when looking at MvC3(and Ultimate) they have multiple characters, multiple team builds and always a new way to lay down the worst asswoophing ever.

iRO needs that feeling of a challenge, of a quest to be more then just sprites. You feel attached to playing any other game, you have your best character (you can play with) and your favorite character you can play it. In comparison, all people have to focus on is leveling and WoE and at the very least just DPS. By driving the need to find cool head gear, a way to level up your weapons and armor, creating new ways for players to bond with pets and npc's, a diverse world where a player's goal isn't to level or to WoE but just to get online creates more opportunities for them to spend money... or what people mainly what to hear just more times to have fun, chill, enjoy iRO differently then they can anywhere else in the world.

Once we can get that, people will end up quitting because they have just out grown the game and wont have any sentiment towards it. You'll always return to it just like you do for 8, 16 and 32 Bit games.

Edited by TheUraharaShop, 11 July 2012 - 09:36 AM.

#45 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

^
Never fails to amuse me.

#46 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

Presidence dictates that people will continue to play a game because they like it regardless of new content.

People play RO for something familiar not for something cutting edge and new.
Pservers continued to thrive inspite of being mostly content locked.

There's always been a lot of nothing to do on mains. It's just that renewal as a system can't compensate for that and keep people playing.

Edited by TheSquishy, 11 July 2012 - 10:30 AM.

#47 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

Malaya was a decent update. The bosses are fun at least

#48 sniperkenny

sniperkenny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

I'm really in a mood to quit for good right now, making a priest didn't help at all, I thought different gameplay, but still boring.
So I don't know what to do with all the millions of zeny I have.. Open OCAs for fun or spam dbs in south prontera till it's swarming with mobs.
Plus I have some good equips people might use, maybe I'll give them away, cut the link to the to game completely.
I got equips for swordman/merchant class, transcendent classes in general too. PM me if you want these things for a nice discount or maybe even for free if they don't sell.
I also got a thread in valk marketplace with all items listed.
Well, have fun :) It's your chance for a bargain

#49 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

Presidence dictates that people will continue to play a game because they like it regardless of new content.

People play RO for something familiar not for something cutting edge and new.
Pservers continued to thrive inspite of being mostly content locked.

There's always been a lot of nothing to do on mains. It's just that renewal as a system can't compensate for that and keep people playing.

1.) People went out and bought Diablo 3 because it was familiar and introduced new content some cutting edge and most should have never been added at all...

2.) ThoseServersWhoWillNotBeNamed thrive because they add in content not found anywhere else expect for their corner of the world. They built the content they have now where the old content left off.

It's no different then looking at the fact that we all have some 16 bit system lying around the house some where with games. We're happy to dust it off and pop in a Classic; however most are not going to spend more money on a console which is obsolete and buy even more games for that system. They would be more incline to purchase it for their PC or Console with updates to controls and content.

iRO isn't pickup up where this content is leaving off or looking at the fact there huge holes in the story and conveyance and progression through the game. Yeah it's easy to believe everything is fine when looking at the fact they're 2k in players online at any given time, that's kick ass. However if we never address the first and formost reason why people quit: lack of content, conveyance in game direction and more in-depth social aspects it's easy to see the server's life ending like it did for Loki/Chaos/Iris and Ygg.

#50 sniperkenny

sniperkenny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

they're 2k in players online at any given time

a few hundred bots
~300 vending slaves at prontera + ~50 around the world
dual-clienting