Mains are so boring now... - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

Mains are so boring now...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#51 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

Bad/Lack of Content isn't what has been bleeding mains dry...It's poor game mechanics.
People aren't even making it to where they can comment on the games fractured story line.
Most people are stuck at "How the f#@$ do I level my character, why are half my skills useless and why is there only 1 place to level?"'

#52 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

Look, mains have been boring for months now. We haven't received a good episodic update to the game in like a year. The updates we've gotten were the crappy localized towns that virtually nobody was looking forward to. We need malangdo island, new woe investment system, new battlegrounds GUI, etc to get people interested. My bet is on this classic server delaying any implementation of episodic content from Korea because the game staff has had their hands full working on designing classic server. Which points to my previous post about the classic server being damaging to the health of the main servers.

At lest 2 of those things are happening in the next couple of months.

Classic didn't effect new content, because all the work was done by us, the development team was not a factor for its implementation. If any damage has been done it is the damage to myself and my cohorts here health due to long hours and the stress of making it work. I think that the image many players have of how episodic content is produced and distributed is not close to reality. Contents for delivery in July are worked on for translation and such back in April or before, and the groups that do those things were never a part of the classic server process.

#53 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

i think what the community really wants is to be kept informed of updates being worked on so we have something to look forward to at least... i think that part of the problem with renewal is it was made as an easy mode... classic is hard mode and there is no medium mode like there always should have been... exp turn ins wernt so bad but the gramps turn ins got outta hand... eden group mascerated the market values of lower level gears making them obsolete as well as the low level cards people would put in them... id really just like to see renewal reworked so that its not super easy but not stupid hard either... fixing exp rates would be a big start... over level 100 is a beast to grind and youre forced to do turn ins otherwise several hours of leveling can be wiped away with a single death....

#54 ValheruWolf

ValheruWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

Well technically it's an MMORPG, but yeah.

If i had to classify RO it would actually just be MMOG. Yeah there is technically some kind of story to it, But i used ti play FFXI (11) when it came out and I would put that as an RPG simply because there is a huge quest system and a storyline behind it that you do. RO there really isn't any storyline quest system. it's just a grind then pvp fest heh. I think the main reason people call it MMORPG's for almost all similar games is simply because 1 person called them all that way over simplifying things and no one ever bothered to reclassify the games later in to what they truly were.... either that or RPG is being used just as a you control a character thing so...

But yeah, MMO chat room with leveling included and good game music (really good music heh) Which is probably why I play for months at a time and then quit for months at a time and bounce back and forth.

Well time to level in Classic. my goal.... level 80!.... as if anyone expects me to go farther then that they are insane >< heh.

#55 cbgenoseven

cbgenoseven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSacramento, California
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

a few hundred bots
~300 vending slaves at prontera + ~50 around the world
dual-clienting

so the number isn't real number of players online

Are you talking about Valk or Classic? If you are talking about classic then your numbers are wrong. There is not 300 vendors at the momennt and there is no dual clienting so the numbers are wrong.

#56 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

Renewal and Classic are 2 different games. The play style is different and likely will diverge further as time goes on.

Right now CLassic is on old school mode, IE not much content in yet, but the base work of what is to come is there. We will be updating it every 2-3 weeks with small updates. Basically adding the maps/quests monsters in. And eventually PVP, WOE, Trans etc.

All the updates to get up to episode 12 (which is destruction of morroc) are planned to take anywhere from 9 to 12 months. So don't expect everything will be quick to get there, it already will be faster than most players can absorb the new content.

For Renewal, the update path is more normalized where we will continue to get content and system updates from the development team at regular intervals. The current update plan for Renewal servers is

WoE update, being tested presently : planned live implementation is early August.
Package 1 update contains Malangdo island and its cats paw traders. Both of these updates introduce a lot of new gear into the game, from the WoE side it changes what castles are available, new dungeon with WoE supply hunting, and new PVP oriented gear to gather. It also has a new dungeon investment system to allow non-guildies access to some of the goodies.

Both of these updates are slated for August on Renewal. Also the long term plan is Any 99/70 character on Classic will get copied (not moved) over to Ymir. This is part of that push to get more people into RO both in its Classic and Modern versions. Alot of talk of merge this or that.. Right now the answer is no.

Doing a merge of even a planned merger server like Ygg takes 2 months, Doing anything like that Ymir would take more time to work out, as the DB for that server is 100s of times bigger than the other servers. Before killing ymir there would be other things done to keep it alive such as removing the VIP requirement, or doing discounted transfers to it from the other servers etc. Ymir server really can't be merged due to the major difference in items, there is a different update that has to be done to mitigate the god item craziness first before any merger plan could occur.

All that said, it is way too early to talk about Ymir mergings especially since we have updates and events planned already to tend to those numbers. The current numbers were actually expected in the early days of Classic launch, things are going as planned.

#57 Hanfeizi

Hanfeizi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

Renewal and Classic are 2 different games. The play style is different and likely will diverge further as time goes on.

Right now CLassic is on old school mode, IE not much content in yet, but the base work of what is to come is there. We will be updating it every 2-3 weeks with small updates. Basically adding the maps/quests monsters in. And eventually PVP, WOE, Trans etc.

All the updates to get up to episode 12 (which is destruction of morroc) are planned to take anywhere from 9 to 12 months. So don't expect everything will be quick to get there, it already will be faster than most players can absorb the new content.

For Renewal, the update path is more normalized where we will continue to get content and system updates from the development team at regular intervals. The current update plan for Renewal servers is

WoE update, being tested presently : planned live implementation is early August.
Package 1 update contains Malangdo island and its cats paw traders. Both of these updates introduce a lot of new gear into the game, from the WoE side it changes what castles are available, new dungeon with WoE supply hunting, and new PVP oriented gear to gather. It also has a new dungeon investment system to allow non-guildies access to some of the goodies.

Both of these updates are slated for August on Renewal. Also the long term plan is Any 99/70 character on Classic will get copied (not moved) over to Ymir. This is part of that push to get more people into RO both in its Classic and Modern versions. Alot of talk of merge this or that.. Right now the answer is no.

Doing a merge of even a planned merger server like Ygg takes 2 months, Doing anything like that Ymir would take more time to work out, as the DB for that server is 100s of times bigger than the other servers. Before killing ymir there would be other things done to keep it alive such as removing the VIP requirement, or doing discounted transfers to it from the other servers etc. Ymir server really can't be merged due to the major difference in items, there is a different update that has to be done to mitigate the god item craziness first before any merger plan could occur.

All that said, it is way too early to talk about Ymir mergings especially since we have updates and events planned already to tend to those numbers. The current numbers were actually expected in the early days of Classic launch, things are going as planned.

THIS is something that I want to hear, that you are paying attention to the dying server and something is being planned -- because so many of us in Ymir are simply frustrated due to seemingly lack of attention to our plights/indifferent to the suggestions for merge, etc.

Now, why don't you make a new thread and pin it, with the subject e.g. Concerning Ymir's declining playerbase, etc.

Of course, a short-term stopgap attempt will also be much welcomed, so the retention rate will be higher while we are waiting for the new plans to be implemented.

Edited by Hanfeizi, 11 July 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#58 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

this helps alot... just knowing that things ARE coming down the pipe for EVERYONE...

#59 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

At lest 2 of those things are happening in the next couple of months.

Classic didn't effect new content, because all the work was done by us, the development team was not a factor for its implementation. If any damage has been done it is the damage to myself and my cohorts here health due to long hours and the stress of making it work. I think that the image many players have of how episodic content is produced and distributed is not close to reality. Contents for delivery in July are worked on for translation and such back in April or before, and the groups that do those things were never a part of the classic server process.

Well, thanks for he clarification. And the update.

#60 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

That WoE update sounds quite interesting from what I've seen...

Too bad there are no many WoE guilds on Ymir... therefore the only ones left will be able to monopolize the castles, their econ and the new Dungeon system... and get the new Gear...

Doubt people will be that "interested" on having their character copied to Ymir from Classic (since most of Classic population came from Ymir/Valk itself... and who didn't, had somehow access to some account on Ymir/Valk anyway)... there's not much point on it.

Then again, it would be interesting to have a 99/70 trans copied from Ymir to Classic... so most people can actually give it a try w/o the hassle of leveling...

Edited by Wizard, 11 July 2012 - 06:02 PM.

#61 cbgenoseven

cbgenoseven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSacramento, California
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

So what about the copy process? If you have a name on classic thats already in use on ymir is it going to be <NAME>_Copy or <NAME>_Classic?

#62 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

[mod] Closing thread as heimdallr made a new thread to answer the questions. [/mod]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users