No Server Maintenance for 7.17.12 but Pegasus will be Open on Friday! 7.20.12 - Page 13 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

No Server Maintenance for 7.17.12 but Pegasus will be Open on Friday! 7.20.12

• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

#301 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:21 AM

type the string "pegasus online" when searching 'ROSE Community' lol

#302 sforstun

sforstun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Locationmanila PH
  • Server:DRACC!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:58 AM

whats up with pega? havent tried it yet, been too busy crafting in drac

#303 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:01 AM

It's Gravity's test server for major updates and patches, once in a while they open it for the community to help testing. Right now they're going to be testing a complete overhaul on the skill system. All the info is posted in the first post on this thread, and feedback has been posted here. also the earliest the server will be up is Monday, but no official announcement has been made, however Gravity employees have Sat & Sunday off. So don't count on it being up during weekends.

Edited by Feuer, 22 July 2012 - 05:11 AM.

#304 sforstun

sforstun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Locationmanila PH

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:03 AM

thanks fuer!

#305 kietaroh

kietaroh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:16 AM

nice ur nerfing cloak , but u shoukd nerf the charge time for it to
although i now got a max lvl raider i can reset it to duals lol

#306 Kermaperuna

Kermaperuna

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:32 AM

I fail to see how 5 skill points for 5 melee hits is worth it.

#307 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:39 AM

Feuer you clearly speak too much, and about things you have no clue about.

Buffs being less required is impossible, regardless of the short span of time for buffing in GA, a buffed character will overwhelm a non-buffed character 99% of the times. Some classes can do well without buffs? Maybe in PvM, not in PvP. People will always want buffs, just because they make you stronger.

This whole Charm -_- replacing INT for better buffs is the dumbest idea I have ever seen in almost 6 years of experience in this game. It doesn't make sense and it will piss a crapload of people off because they spent real money to get the perfect INT buffsets. Charm could be used for other things, yet you picked the worst option. Hopefully there's enough time for you guys to change your minds since this is just a testing session.

Champs being nerfed even more is completely unnecessary, they are fine the way they are now, pretty balanced honestly.

New Cloaking is a freaking joke, no one is going to use it.

My 2 cents on the ideas in the 1st page since I cannot actually log on Pegasus and try it.

PS:

This guy

GTFO with your complains, INT stat had too much effects. Just quit ROSE if you don't like this balance noob.

is mad.

Edited by Gojio, 22 July 2012 - 05:42 AM.

#308 ShadowF0X

ShadowF0X

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationSunny England
  • Server:Draconics

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:44 AM

This whole Charm -_- replacing INT for better buffs is the dumbest idea I have ever seen in almost 6 years of experience in this game. It doesn't make sense and it will piss a crapload of people off because they spent real money to get the perfect INT buffsets. Charm could be used for other things, yet you picked the worst option. Hopefully there's enough time for you guys to change your minds since this is just a testing session.

I said in a diff thread, The only time I'd agree to this kind of change is if they change the INT stat that people have already got, to CHA, and make the Legendary Orlean CHA instead of INT. Would you agree Gojio

Scratch that, I just remembered all my T7's and Nature Force gear.

+1 for the resistance.

Edited by ShadowF0X, 22 July 2012 - 05:46 AM.

#309 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:08 AM

I hope to God they don't impliment this replacing INT with Charm - I agree, that is insane, totally insane. INT has ALWAYS been the primary stat for muses, especially clerics since the early days of Irose, and it also is the convention for magic users in all kinds of roll playing games and MMO's.

Gravity, please do not impliment this change - isn't it time to stop wrecking our clerics and costing them more money? I'll mine is good for anymore is buffing and now that is going to be wrecked. Sorry, I refuse to open my wallet for this change.

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 22 July 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#310 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

They should replace INT buff effects with Charm. INT is way too OP stat with both dmg and buff effects. But still I agree it's wrong for clerics, they just spent their money on gear which will be useless for them. I think GMs should exchange INT stuff into Charm stuff, well I think players who would ask GMs to change their stuff stats from INT to Charm should be able to change it. It would be fair for everyone then.

Edited by Vegas, 22 July 2012 - 06:14 AM.

#311 ShadowF0X

ShadowF0X

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

Just made a little sign for those who don't agree with the INT 2 CHA possible change.

Here's the link, Stick it in your sigs :)

[IMG]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3876/noint2cha.png[/IMG]

Posted Image

Maybe it will get noticed...

Edit: Fixed

Edited by ShadowF0X, 22 July 2012 - 06:44 AM.

#312 sforstun

sforstun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Locationmanila PH

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

eii shad. >>> [#10211] This image is larger than the maximum allowed dimensions of 600 x 150.

#313 ShadowF0X

ShadowF0X

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

K fixed, Here's the new Link **Updated original Link in above post to.

[IMG]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3876/noint2cha.png[/IMG]

Enjoy.

#314 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:09 AM

Again lets try not to just spam the thread here, some do wish to just get Information~

#315 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

Gravity, please do not impliment this change - isn't it time to stop wrecking our clerics and costing them more money? I'll mine is good for anymore is buffing and now that is going to be wrecked. Sorry, I refuse to open my wallet for this change.

They changed Blessed Mind into two separate single target skill from party buffs, something called Blessed mind for HP and Blessed spirit for MP, also there is a new buff for magic resistance which is single target skill as well.

So far we have 8 types of Item Mall advance party buffs for cleric, should I worry about having to buy 3 more of these things soon?

#316 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

can someone confirm them ( coz i hust saw these form screenies) all buffs now requires wand?? and no more party heal for muses only clerics?

#317 DiankzZ

DiankzZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Server:Leonis & Draconis

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

is monday pegasus will be up again ?

#318 limzz

limzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

is monday pegasus will be up again ?

yes, its tomorrow! :) thumbs up :D

#319 DiankzZ

DiankzZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Server:Leonis & Draconis

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

yes, its tomorrow! :) thumbs up :D

Wohohoho ,, it's today in my country bro ! 12:53 AM here ;o

#320 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

Wohohoho ,, it's today in my country bro ! 12:53 AM here ;o

It will be PST time zone. When it is Monday in California.

#321 coalchamberloco

coalchamberloco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Server:leo

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

I tested the charm thing while peg was up, and it is a noticeable boost. Scout mspd self buff went from 750 to over 900 with only 80 charm. I understand why they are changing it, int affecting all self buffs but only clerics benefiting from the stat was kinda dumb. If they change their minds than those of us who have already made a few bill off of selling the cleric gear can simply get it again. Farming on orlo for the legendary set is easy, and someone will always farm the item mall for me for the stuff I can't get in the game. Coming from someone who never puts real world money on the game its not a big deal, but I could see getting mad if you spent 100 bucks so your clerics can have a couple percentages of better buffs...

#322 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:53 AM

I understand why they are changing it, int affecting all self buffs but only clerics benefiting from the stat was kinda dumb.

Ya think? It's insane.

If they change their minds than those of us who have already made a few bill off of selling the cleric gear can simply get it again. Farming on orlo for the legendary set is easy, and someone will always farm the item mall for me for the stuff I can't get in the game. Coming from someone who never puts real world money on the game its not a big deal, but I could see getting mad if you spent 100 bucks so your clerics can have a couple percentages of better buffs...

Are you saying they are going to change the lengendary stat on Cleric drops to CHA from INT?

Anyway, I'm not stupid; I've been around long enough that I've seen the trend. Gravity has taught me not to spend much real money on this game because they have a history of taking items that people have carefully acquired or invested-in and turned them to crap in the name of balancing. This forces players get new gear, usually at cost and time to the player. Really, any other company that did this to their customers in other product area's would drive them away and any word of mouth would build up a bad reputation such that it would lead to a decline in their business. But for some reason the Rose players tolerate this kind of bad customer product treatment.

Anyhow, even if I haven't spent much real world money on new gear, I have spent a lot of time farming and getting better gear so I'm still think it's really bad when the developers pull this kind of stunt on us, over and over, all in the name of balancing. Remember how they nerfed SEN in one of the past balancing stunts (Dec 2009)? This is very poor way to run an MMO.

What they should be doing is adding new content and giving us an MMO reason to re-gear - which is to get the next higher level of armor etc. I'm fine with that kind of re-gearing -that is how MMO's are played. At least it's fun when you get to go to a new area - get new maps, monsters, bosses etc and level up/farm etc.

It's been an awefullly long time since we have gotten some new honest to goodness content maps for PVM players. Yet here we go again, more screwing around for the umpteenth time, balancing at the cost to our carefully outfitted characters? Please stop this insanity. If Gravity can't develope the game properly then consider outsourcing the development to a software house who can. We've seen what they have done since 2007 when Triggersoft decided to close their doors - 5 years and hmm, we are seeing a pattern here now. /rant

I just read my rant to Naughy and she asked me: Who poked the bear? My respons? - the developers did this time!

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 22 July 2012 - 09:57 AM.

#323 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

INT is OP stat. It gives both dmg and strenghtens buffs with healing. Peoples who say INT replacing with CHA are total wrong, developers are just moving buff effects from INT to CHA, not replacing all INT effects to CHA. It's just unfair when Mage has both, damage, healing and buffing. Mage is like best class at everything, Clerics are weaker but still they get dmg from INT which is unfair because they can go just only for INT stat, they dont need to sacrifice stat points for other stats, which makes huge inbalance against all other classes. Clerics can just sell their INT gear to mages or battle clerics to buy CHA gear.

#324 coalchamberloco

coalchamberloco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Server:leo

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

Selling the gear right now is really easy, just cut a little discount and your shop will empty up. By doing that I was able to gear my war cleric and scout a little better, and I am slowly gaining charm stuff for my buffer. Not really a big deal, right now people still really want int gear so just sell what you have to them.

#325 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

I'm ok if CHA stat gets buff variation and heal effect, but now the problem is INT is not affecting support cleric at all. If this is the case, people will just end up using heart breaker wand and go for full CHA build. My point is changing a little thing that screws up many thing is not a good move.

What I would like to see is INT stays as the main stat of a muse class but CHA act as a secondary stat for muse and a buff modifier for everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users