[Fixed] So How About Fixing The New CD in Mouth? - Page 3 - Confirmed bugs - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Fixed] So How About Fixing The New CD in Mouth?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic

#51 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

I want to open a gaming company just for this reason alone. It is the only area of business, that I am aware of, that you can advertise an item as A and give B without having to refund any money. This is just perfect! I can't WAIT!

#52 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

I liked the previous bugged version too, but make no mistake, it was certainly overpowered. Doing 90,000 damage in 5 seconds or less is most definitely overpowered when all you're doing is casting bolts. >_>

I think it's fair game though if you compare them to Rangers who can pump 120k-130k AOE damage every 5 seconds. :P

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 20 July 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#53 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

what level of bolt does it sue? 90k damage seems unlikely without level 10 bolts. I thought it used low level bolts.

#54 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

Honestly I don't think its broken.

Its a 6% chance to activate a 5 second window.

That 5 second window has an unspecified % chance of activating a skill.

What was happening before was the window was permanent instead of 5 seconds.

ASSUMING 193 ASPD:

Statistically, its something like every 2.4 seconds you'll activate that window.

If there were 5 types of spells you could assume before that after 12 seconds you'd have all 5 spells learned.

If the activation rate was 10% for the spells during the "window", you'd see a spell pop out every 0.7 seconds or so. So after a few minutes of leveling, you were henceforth autospelling more than 1 spell a second.

However, now

After 2.4 seconds you have 10% chance to autospell something. This is likely to happen with 193 aspd but not gauranteed because its a RNG. Monsters tend not to live more than 3 seconds. So like it or not, the odds of you procing both the window and the actual bolt are quite low. And if you proc it during the last few hits of the enemy, you likely won't get the bolt off before the window closes.

Sounds like it is working as intended. Giving it 2 required procs for each bolt is kind of dumb though, which is what makes it useless.

It should just be 3% rate of activating any of the individual spells instead, no dumb window. Then you'd probably proc one thing per monster.

If they wanted to keep it to a "window" it should be like 30% chance t proc the window that way someone with 193 aspd is likely to trigger it on every enemy within the first 4 attacks, leaving them 3-6 hits or so to proc a spell before the enemy dies.

The problem is...

Its NOT 6% right now.. or even 3%... the current activation rate is 0.6%
i personally like that its a 5 second window instead of BAM 1 attackthen god knows how long till it procs next.. similar to the Pumpkin hat + gozarian mask, once BLOOD PARTY procs you have 5 seconds to kill mobs for baked goods

but back to the core of the matter..

they fixed the bug.. but intentionally or unintentionally changed the activation rate from 6/100 to 6/1000

#55 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

Can you prove its 0.6% ?

I mean, do you have a monster that will survive for like 30+ seconds of ctrl+click to prove that hypothesis? Tested on an MVP?

#56 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

Tested on PvP. With 181 ASPD (no double attack, was using a sword).

3 trials:
Out of 100 hits, 2 proc'ed the CD
Out of 100 hits, 1 proc'ed the CD
Out of 100 hits, 2 proc'ed the CD

I thought the first and third trials were lucky because a friend told me he had 188 ASPD on his chaser and only got it to proc like 3 times in 10 mins of grinding.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 20 July 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#57 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

Sounds about right if the window is 6% and the bolt itself is 6%.

#58 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

ok so i tested it out in combination with some other gear to compare the proc rates

Enchanted Peach Tree (when attacking) 2% chance to cast highest lvl heal known
Poisonous Toad (when attacking) 2% chance of casting lvl 1 envenom
Wind Ghost (when attacking ) 2% chance of casting lvl 3 Jupitel Thunder

all 3 are 2% the CD supposedly is 6%...

i stopped once i felt realllllly sleepy.. v_v but heres the results

JT _______xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Heal______xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Envenom__xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CD_______xxxxxxxxxx

did this last night

PROOF

i was fighting mobs with 10,000 HP pools doing about 150 dmg to negate arguements of "well if it procs just before the mob dies you wont see the results"
i witnessed the procs and the 5 second windows in which the procs activated..

its 0.6% now NOT 6%

Edited by Helios0, 20 July 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#59 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

6% chance to proc the disc's window means

~17 attacks to proc the window.

During that window if you have to go another 17 hits to autospell, that's 34 hits just for 1 spell.

With 181 aspd that is like a minute between bolts.. if you never start over from switching targets

Sounds pretty bad if you get 1/3 as many as a 2% accessory card. But what do you expect from a lower gear?

Edited by Jaye, 20 July 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#60 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

where the heck are you even getting this 6% chance to cast once the window is open?

#61 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

Item's in game description for activating the window. If you actually read the posts (Please apologize afterward, its only polite) the chance of activating bolts is not mentioned in the item's description and experimental suppositions of 20% and 6% were tested.

Edited by Jaye, 20 July 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#62 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:39 AM

Posted Image

Item's in game description for activating the window. If you actually read the posts (Please apologize afterward, its only polite) the chance of activating bolts is not mentioned in the item's description and experimental suppositions of 20% and 6% were tested.

I don't need to "read the posts"I have personally tested this item.
i fought Hundreds of creatures
i witnessed the proc..
the listed proc rate on the item is 6% 6/100, the actual proc rate now is 0.6% 6/1000
when the window is open the proc rate is higher than 6%

you said it was 6% to proc and 6% to proc within the window.

this is flat out wrong

Edited by Helios0, 20 July 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#63 Azerk

Azerk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos, ex-Valkyrie

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

No, I tested it. When the window proc, the bolt proc by each hit i did within the window duration.
edit: maybe i got lucky but its definitely 50% or higher

Edited by Azerk, 20 July 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#64 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

Jaye, in case you're missing what was happening before the maintenance yesterday, here's the link: http://forums.warppo...en-cd-in-mouth/
The duration effect on the item was bugged when it was released. It lasted permanently and it stacks up. That's why Ramen mentioned that he was able to reach 90k per 5 seconds. It had a low proc rate (not 6% like what it's written in the description), but it stacks so damage is building up.

They "fixed" the item yesterday, but only the duration (back to 5 seconds). The proc rate is still lower than 1%.

Here, I have 190 aspd on my chaser. That is 25 hits per 5-second. If we calculate technically, I should have the effect on me constantly.

#65 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

the 5 second window is only a time frame that the bolt is available... there isnt a % chance that the bolt will proc while the window is open... there is a % for the window to proc...when the window opens everything you hit gets a bolt effect tagged to your weapon... so if i have the window open and it procs soul strike lvl1 then every hit i do in that window hits not only with my weapon but with soul strike 1 as well...

#66 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

its kinda funny how all this time and not one GM or CM has even bothered to post on this thread... it kinda feels like theyre saying "Haha, Got your money!! Later suckers!"

#67 hiko88

hiko88

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

So what is the use??? if my Katar GX with AWpotion and chick hat gets one bolt in like 5-10 min? and dont tell me its not like that couse it is...

#68 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

its ok that they fixed the window to only stay open for 5 sec but the proc needs to be fixed...

#69 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

its kinda funny how all this time and not one GM or CM has even bothered to post on this thread... it kinda feels like theyre saying "Haha, Got your money!! Later suckers!"

It took them 2 weeks to fix/balance Wickebine's BCE, so I don't really expect much. They also know that they will get blamed if they show up here. :heh:

Besides:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

I am assuming they are gonna fix it today, since it's almost the weekend. If not, I will be amazed once again. :heh:

#70 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

im giving it one more hour to hear any official news before i PM Oda...

#71 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

im giving it one more hour to hear any official news before i PM Oda...

Do you think that he somehow missed you spamming this thread? Otherwise a PM would serve very little purpose. I'm sure they are well aware of your concerns by now.

#72 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

This is just one thing I don't get about this community you get a awesome item...u complain..now it's fixed..you complain...like seriously why couldn't you just shut up and enjoy a good item? Oh its too OP? The way renewal is right now it need something to get it going? What about people using it in Woe? Why just make it pvm only. This is why we can't have nice things.

#73 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

This is just one thing I don't get about this community you get a awesome item...u complain..now it's fixed..you complain...like seriously why couldn't you just shut up and enjoy a good item? Oh its too OP? The way renewal is right now it need something to get it going? What about people using it in Woe? Why just make it pvm only. This is why we can't have nice things.

The fix was inevitable, whether if some people thought it was OP or not. Then they didn't actually fix it yesterday. I'm pretty sure people will calm down once the item actually does what it says in the description.

I am fully aware of RO community is whiny, but this one is just an art of trolling from the GM team. I'm actually getting used to it.

#74 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

The RO community makes me flip tables on a daily!!!

#75 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

first off i never complained about this item being too OP... that was a whole different thread... those people are the ones who got it "fixed" and now the damn thing doesnt work ... i want the damn thing to work period... but as of now its of little to no use at all... and i will do what i can do to make sure the damn thing gets fixed in a timely manner... if it wasnt working properly to begin with then it shouldnt have been put in the groove packs... people paid real money for these items and now they dont even work as the description states... why shouldnt we get what we paid for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users