-After obtaining a Dark Mercenary Summon Item, summon a mercenary that will assist you in combat for a period of 1 day.
-Repeatable Scrolls Quests
- Obtain scroll quests from Leslie (Head of Dark Mercenaries) in Plaza of Tolerance, Nova Lux.
- The targets of these scroll quests are new "Boss" type Terrifying Nightmare Monsters that can be found in the same locations as normal Nightmare Monsters on all maps.
- Completing the quest will reward you with Lant and [Dark Mercenary's Emblem]s. Higher level quests reward you with more [Dark Mercenary Emblem]s.
- These scroll quests can be completed once per day.
-Hire a Mercenary
- Quests available from Leslie are used in order to obtain a Mercenary Summon Item.
- In order to complete the quest, you need the appropriate number of [Dark Mercenary's Emblem]s that you receive from the scroll quests.
- When completing the quest, you will receive 1 of 3 grades (at random) of each Mercenary (Recruit, Experienced, and Veteran), each grade varies in HP, STR and other stats.
- Once you receive a summon item, it will expire in 1 day.
- These "hire" quests can be repeated once per day.
-Terrifying Nightmare Monsters
- New Nightmare Monsters that can be found during Nightmare Hours on normal maps.
- Other than these monsters being targets for the Dark Mercenary Quests, Terrifying Nightmare Monsters have a chance of dropping a Cellular Sample.
- Non-Upgradable Transformation Ornaments with basic stats that are applied when equipped.
- Compoundable with Basic Enchant Xeons into Cell Nucleus with a focused stat. (Depending on the Enchant Xeons used)
- Cell Nuclei have stronger stats, Random Stats, and Increased Stats when reinforced.