• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Tikr

Tikr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:33 AM

to be more specific: i would like to create pvp character...preferable who would be good for 1vs1 AND on group pvp. my play style...well i would like to either do serious dmg or outstanding my opponent with hp/def, BUT i want a cheap class also (i dont like when i need to get 15 different items than need to upgrade them ALL and so on...) so: i want a cheap class which wouldnt require a lot of (or require less than others) gear / high gear upgrades to be able to pwn in 1v1 and group pvp.

also a stat build would be cool since im a noob here...

P.S. i don't like "healer" class, if the class has self heal or some kind of mass heal where i get benefits too- no problem, but i just hate when others have faith in my heals...because i hate to heal others... (if you played Lineage2 than i will give ya example: my most favorite class were Overlord & Tyrant. Overlord: useful in party, have mass debuffs, can tank pretty well because of the soul guard and have average magic and physical power so it can attack in both ways depending on situation-good on 1v1 and in mass.

Tyrant- very adaptable because of the self buff, totems- can be a tank, can be "slower" heavy dmg dealer, can be fast dmg dealer, can be slow with lots of def and dmg or can be very fast with a bit of dodge, and fast hits, or can be average defense, average atk speed BUT do a lot of dmg with critical hits- and all these "builds" can be changed anytime via exact totem use (skill)

P.S.S. which class would be best for lvl/farm?

Edited by Tikr, 24 July 2012 - 07:46 AM.

#2 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

thats the kind of players guild dont like to have, ragnarok its a team game and if you dont like others you gonna have a bad time, plus there is no cheap+best pvp class.
but back to the topic if you are player on renewal the only class you can choose its sura.
for pre-ren you can go for sinx(expensive but good), Champion(expensive, highest dpser), Creator(very expensive, good damage) and all other classes are good too, depending on the oponent is but none of the pre-ren are cheap(besides wizzard but that needs a good suport).

#3 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:51 AM

I hate the word "best"..... Play whatever you think is a good class and work hard on it. Any class can be formidable if played by the right player.

#4 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:52 AM

so you want a char that is very cheap to make and that destroys other classes in a 1 on 1 setting and group setting. but you also want this char to be doing a ton of damage or having a high survivability.

and to top it all off, you want a stat build given to you for said magical char

#5 Karlov

Karlov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie / Classic

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

novice. Level to 99 without dying and you get +99 all stats.

#6 basil13

basil13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

Pure agi dex hunter

Demolishes anything that doesnt have pneuma.

And the good ones demolish even those with pneuma.

Edited by basil13, 24 July 2012 - 08:04 AM.

#7 mgonzales

mgonzales

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

for pre-ren you can go for sinx(expensive but good), Champion(expensive, highest dpser), Creator(very expensive, good damage) and all other classes are good too, depending on the oponent is but none of the pre-ren are cheap(besides wizzard but that needs a good suport).

How the-_- do you figure Champion has the highest DPS?

#8 Tikr

Tikr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

thats the kind of players guild dont like to have, ragnarok its a team game and if you dont like others you gonna have a bad time, plus there is no cheap+best pvp class.
but back to the topic if you are player on renewal the only class you can choose its sura.

because i HATE TO HEAL OTHERS

so you want a char that is very cheap to make and that destroys other classes in a 1 on 1 setting and group setting. but you also want this char to be doing a ton of damage or having a high survivability.

and to top it all off, you want a stat build given to you for said magical char

1. i want a cheap class which wouldnt require a lot of (OR REQUIRE LESS THAN OTHERS) gear / high gear upgrades to be able to pwn in 1v1 and group pvp.

2. i dont know how the pvp works here, but i know some games where mages dpesnt require high ++ on armor, needs only good weapon which is considerably CHEAP compared to some warriors who need armors+weapon

is it that hard to read...

Edited by Tikr, 24 July 2012 - 08:27 AM.

#9 Tikr

Tikr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

Pure agi dex hunter

Demolishes anything that doesnt have pneuma.

And the good ones demolish even those with pneuma.

same amount of AGI and DEX?

#10 Karlov

Karlov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie / Classic

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

then Ragnarok is not your game. You need to invest a lot of time/zeny in order to have pvp gear aimed to what you want to achieve.

#11 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:26 AM

are we talking renewal or classic?

#12 Tikr

Tikr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

are we talking renewal or classic?

i dont know where to choose "renewal" or "classic" . i just downloaded RAGNAROK online. it doesnt say if its classic or not

then Ragnarok is not your game. You need to invest a lot of time/zeny in order to have pvp gear aimed to what you want to achieve.

and you decided it because i asked for cheapest class...right...

#13 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

hell any class can be great if you use them right... i use a ninja in pvp and do ok... its all about the right gears and the right builds as well as the time and effort you take into perfecting youre character... there is no BEST class... there isnt a "CHEAPEST" class... and there certainly is a mix between the two... make a character you like to play... then gear them for pvp... master your skills and items... there is no real easy route to accomplishing PVP greatness...

#14 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

got it, i think you should be a priest

#15 Haro

Haro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

battle priest

#16 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

got it, i think you should be a priest

BWAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahaha....

Mind you that you shouldnt even consider stepping foot into PVP until youre at least lvl 99... 99 trans for better results... most people in PVP (renewal) are 3rd classes... alot are 150...

Edited by Facekiller, 24 July 2012 - 08:39 AM.

#17 krossfire

krossfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

Cheapest class would be wizards or sages. Mage classes can lvl anywhere with just a regular npc wand on hand. Prolly the only thing you'll overupgrade would be survivor's manteau if you're using the item combo. Problem is with wizards is that they're glass cannons even a full sp soul burn can 1 shot you.

Edited by krossfire, 24 July 2012 - 08:42 AM.

#18 basil13

basil13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

hell any class can be great if you use them right... i use a ninja in pvp and do ok... its all about the right gears and the right builds as well as the time and effort you take into perfecting youre character... there is no BEST class... there isnt a "CHEAPEST" class... and there certainly is a mix between the two... make a character you like to play... then gear them for pvp... master your skills and items... there is no real easy route to accomplishing PVP greatness...

Yep. But hunters are the easiest to PvP with.

Other chars would need over upped armor and good cards, hunters can be effective with just a decent bloody weapon.

Buff then spam double strafe on anything not under pneuma. Ankle snares if they beeline for you.

And master hunters who do the skids sandmen shockwaves and AS trick with cranial guard switching, wow those guys are fun to watch in PvP. No one is safe.

#19 Trevoir

Trevoir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

because i HATE TO HEAL OTHERS

1. i want a cheap class which wouldnt require a lot of (OR REQUIRE LESS THAN OTHERS) gear / high gear upgrades to be able to pwn in 1v1 and group pvp.

2. i dont know how the pvp works here, but i know some games where mages dpesnt require high ++ on armor, needs only good weapon which is considerably CHEAP compared to some warriors who need armors+weapon

is it that hard to read...

He could read it.
He was just pointing out the ridiculous request.

#20 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

i dont know where to choose "renewal" or "classic" . i just downloaded RAGNAROK online. it doesnt say if its classic or not

and you decided it because i asked for cheapest class...right...

That would be in the server selection screen. Renewal is the relatively new mechanics, with 3rd jobs, etc., Classic is more or less what RO was like before that existed.

And well, there are cheap classes to START OUT with, but in the end, if you're really looking for it to be the best, then you will need the closest you can get to the best, upgraded gear. Of course, like others have said, this needs to come together with learning how to use the skills properly (there are tons of guides, plus these forums, where you can get some good advice on that).

#21 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

How the-_- do you figure Champion has the highest DPS?

Asura

#22 mgonzales

mgonzales

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

Asura

That's the highest burst damage. Highest DPS class is creo.

#23 Tikr

Tikr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

classic.loki - this is the only classic server?

which game you suggest? classic or those others? whats the difference?

#24 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

classic.loki - this is the only classic server?

which game you suggest? classic or those others? whats the difference?

i totally advise you to go on renewal, for the things you asked renewal is the best server for you, pre-ren is the true ragnarok only for those that have more experience at ragnarok and like to farm, since you want the more easy to make and level then renewal its for you

#25 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

People should just start playing the class before going to the forums and asking what class is the best and at the same time cheapest...... You can't be the best if you don't put effort in upgrading your gears.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users