Best PVP class - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Best PVP class

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#26 Tikr

Tikr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

Ok if i make HUNTER with pure agi/dex that means i need to put 1 to agi 1 to dex right? and how to put stats on wizzard? 1 int and 1dex?

#27 mgonzales

mgonzales

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

#28 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

Ok if i make HUNTER with pure agi/dex that means i need to put 1 to agi 1 to dex right? and how to put stats on wizzard? 1 int and 1dex?

make a char first, test a lil bit of the game, then you can make your char, you can just read some guides on forum and irowiki.org
remeber this is a korean game, you need to farm alot and invest alot of time before being able to do anything in-game or buy 50,000 kp are you are good to go

Edited by Rafa07, 24 July 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#29 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

He'll need to decide whether he's playing classic or renewal first before anything else too.

#30 Tikr

Tikr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

Valkyrie is renewal right?

P.S. seems THIS ragnarok has more people than EU one...havent got a single reply in EU forum so far :D

#31 krossfire

krossfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

classic.loki - this is the only classic server?

which game you suggest? classic or those others? whats the difference?

Difference between classic and other servers (renewal servers):

Classic- better game mechanics, not much emphasis on high upgrade on items, Higher lvl grind, more real ppl, less items available on the market (since server is new).

Renewal Servers- sucky game mechanics, high upgrade emphasis, lower lvl grind, 3rd class, less ppl (depends on the server you pick), more items on the market.

there prolly more just too lazy to think of it.

Edited by krossfire, 24 July 2012 - 09:08 AM.

#32 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

If you're going to be one of the best go Classic. Renewal servers are swamped and years ahead.

Battle priests are good at staying alive but lack the damage. They can be very annoying, just not good killers. Dec agi/pneuma are great pvp skills.

Personally a battlesmith is pretty lethal. Get a battlesmith+battle priest together watch the -_- out lol.

#33 Tikr

Tikr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

not much emphasis on high upgrade on items / high upgrade emphasis,

1. you mean on renewal upgraded gears means more than on classic?

2. by market you mean simple player shops?

#34 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

Renewal servers (valkyrie, etc.) will get a lot more updates than the classic server. Due to this I would probably recommend new players to play on a renewal server and not the classic server. There will be different bias on this and you can see the people recommending classic are the classic players.

#35 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

And your a valk player recommending a renewal server. Complete hypocrite :P

I've played both and honestly Classic is the best choice. Especially for a new player, Plus you will later have the option of transfering your Classic character to a renewal server so it's a win/win situation.

#36 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

So you want the best to not be the most expensive? If you want to be the best in PVP its gonna cost you a fortune in gears and pots no matter who you choose

#37 krossfire

krossfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

1. you mean on renewal upgraded gears means more than on classic?

2. by market you mean simple player shops?

1. Yes, renewal has a higher upgrade limit compared to classic. (gear upgrade on renewal can go up to 20, classic only goes up to 10). There's also alot more items in renewal that require higher upgrade in order to pvp well.

2. Yes, the server just opened last june so there's not alot of gears available for sale. Which can be a good thing, this means not everyone has over powered items (God items, Boss cards, etc...).

Edited by krossfire, 24 July 2012 - 09:36 AM.

#38 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

if your goal is to PVP quickly id say choose valk server for the simple fact that gears are cheap leveling is super fast and theres plenty of crap to buy... there are enough OP gears to choke a horse and theyre not always super expensive... if you want something more leveling and community based id say play classic... both have their pros and cons...

#39 Tikr

Tikr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

to choke a horse :D good one :D

will try classic for now, thanks

#40 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

Classic 1 Valk 0.

#41 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

glad to help...

#42 YahoooUhoo

YahoooUhoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

GX, RK, RG, Sage, Wiz, Sura, Shadow, Mechanic, and ??? are all good depending on what you wear and how you play. I know a Sura that only wears a Morph's set, but he is able to kill a lot of people base on his style of play. I also know another RG who can kill you rather quickly with Vanishing Point. Really depend man. Play the class that fits your personality and you will find ways to make it better. That is the best advice I could give.

#43 Smurfed

Smurfed

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 13 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie. The best one.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

Shura is obviously the best PvPer. How is this even being disputed?

#44 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

try killing a good ninja with a sura....

#45 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

try killing a good ninja with a sura....

I've pwned over 100 suras up to date with a Ninja in PvP and no death from any of them yet. ~_~

#46 Zen4

Zen4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

only bad suras cant kill ninjas. lol

#47 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

Can ninjas really do something against a sura who does something as silly as wear a status carded mace? I'm not super knowledgeable about pvp, but if renewal is still renewal, those 51 levels of status no resistance would hurt a lot.

CCS doesn't prevent status to take effect, nu?

#48 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

Are u retarded? If classes were cheap n powerful, everyone would make that only class for fighting and what then differentiates one from the rest? Equips of course

#49 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

personally i wear alot of status negating cards... and since alot of ninja are KS builds they have 99 vit and str... so really only sleep and mute are a issue and freeze are the issues... unfrozen armor insomniac head gear and peerless glasses takes care of most of that...

#50 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

personally i wear alot of status negating cards... and since alot of ninja are KS builds they have 99 vit and str... so really only sleep and mute are a issue and freeze are the issues... unfrozen armor insomniac head gear and peerless glasses takes care of most of that...

On renewal, your level difference affects how much actual reduction do you get from your stats. So, a level 99 chara versus a level 150 chara has no resistance other than gear and cards. So you need protection from every status, and suddenly, you start lossing HP gears...

Also, mercenaries could still be useful to keep reducing those mirror images and suddenly ninja hurts less and less... ^^; is just my personal opinion, but I can see a ninja being strong for the lower leveled third jobs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users