How are shuras so strong? - Page 3 - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

How are shuras so strong?

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#51 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:17 AM

Sura's are not OP people now GX and SC those are the gods of woe...and pvp :p_hi:

#52 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

You don't fricking play Yggdrasil. There is not a huge supply of botted mats, stop talking out your ass. I have to flipping hunt my mats and get most from my guildies. Stop spreading horse -_- that fell out your ass. My class is expensive to play and I have to hunt hours for glistening coat & thorn seed materials for my gene. My guildies who do valfreya dungeon donate the most prickly fruit to me for the thorn seed. The acid bombs I throw are from WPS token bought alcohol. The only possibly botted thing I use is the mandragora flowerpots since those are like bleeping impossible to hunt and merry badger only gives 1 at a time.

You need a hug Ms.

It's just a game no need to go all Conan on people let them troll in stuff but your keyboard or smart phone shouldn't have to suffer. :sob:

Edited by ShinWolf, 25 July 2012 - 07:25 AM.

#53 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

I had the thought too of correcting his DPS to Knuckle Arrow and powerful AOE w/Tiger Cannon. <_<

Ok that part could've been wrong since I was just trying to recall what I remember from that nerf sura thread.

#54 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

You need a hug Ms.

It's just a game no need to go all Conan on people let them troll in stuff but your keyboard or smart phone shouldn't have to suffer. :sob:

I have no idea what you are talking about. Being tactless towards someone whose ignorance I no longer have patience for does not equate to whatever you're implying.

#55 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

A Sura is as good as the player playing it... there are not that many good players who knows how to play that class nowdays... most of Suras now have no idea how to play (and use that snap script xD)

So far on Ygg... our guild with mostly warlocks and 2 suras fight 3 allied guilds with more than 1X+ suras combined and we had much of a problem so far, they are quite predictible... as I said before... is the player's quality what it has to be consider first...

PS: GoH have a unique formula that allows it to bypass some reductions... fix that and it will be like every other class... (I wish we can have that on warlocks =S)

Edited by Wizard, 25 July 2012 - 08:06 AM.

#56 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

Being overpowered accounts to pay-to-win and mechanics abuse too. If you got a Warlock who abuses Mystical Amp Scrolls on Release and has +13-+14 gears, of course they'll pwn everyone they see. (Yup, you know who you guys are...)

Of course, it is still mostly dependent on how unbalanced some 3rd job skills are. I mean some attack skills can't even do 1/10 of what Gates of Hell can achieve.... Now that's pretty unbalanced.

#57 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

Being overpowered accounts to pay-to-win and mechanics abuse too. If you got a Warlock who abuses Mystical Amp Scrolls on Release and has +13-+14 gears, of course they'll pwn everyone they see. (Yup, you know who you guys are...)

Of course, it is still mostly dependent on how unbalanced some 3rd job skills are. I mean some attack skills can't even do 1/10 of what Gates of Hell can achieve.... Now that's pretty unbalanced.

yeah, most ppl used to be pay to win... specially on ymir where u can buy anything with good WPE.

Yah, there has beenn several mechanics abuse... specially the ones who were farming ygg server from the start when there was no competition and who don't know how to even be useful with god items... and abuse of the GTB drop bug, there's a guild on ygg that abuse that and thanks to it, they got the advantage of having couple GTB's on a server that there was no suppose to have any... but that goes to the player as well... I mean... ygg players now default DR for comet spam and they died to CL spam... is about about the player =P

If merge ever happen, I bet there will be even more QQ like this I bet... who knows...

PS: There's no way that GoH would kill a good player that knows how to use reductions (unless it has gods, that's a different matter anyway)... plus there's a trick for GoH that makes Suras quite useless after surviving those GoH.

PS: Warlocks are suppose to be the weakest class in the world... yet some people still think they are OP... is not that class but the player who makes that happen...

Edited by Wizard, 25 July 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#58 YahoooUhoo

YahoooUhoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

Sura Gfist has already been nerf. Heck might as well nerf Goh and turn him into a mental strength tanker. I vote yes for this. Which sura will quit now?

#59 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

GoH is not that strong... what makes it look strong is the ability to bypass some reductions... take off that unique ability and it will be as good as any other skill.

#60 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

Its been said for a long time that if GoH was true forced neutral and the HP loss damage was reduced by garment/shield/etc that NOBODY would be complaining about GoH. And I think there'd be as many sura on a woe team as any other class instead of 3 times as many as the others.

#61 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

Its been said for a long time that if GoH was true forced neutral and the HP loss damage was reduced by garment/shield/etc that NOBODY would be complaining about GoH. And I think there'd be as many sura on a woe team as any other class instead of 3 times as many as the others.

Perhaps you are right... I believe there's still weapon atk part that is forced to neutral? don't remember correctly but I believe someone said that after some test...

As far as I know, Dragon Breath will get updated and it will comply to racial and element reductions in a future update... who knows, maybe it GoH will follow as well?

#62 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

So it has come to this...

#63 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

You don't fricking play Yggdrasil. There is not a huge supply of botted mats, stop talking out your ass. I have to flipping hunt my mats and get most from my guildies. Stop spreading horse -_- that fell out your ass. My class is expensive to play and I have to hunt hours for glistening coat & thorn seed materials for my gene. My guildies who do valfreya dungeon donate the most prickly fruit to me for the thorn seed. The acid bombs I throw are from WPS token bought alcohol. The only possibly botted thing I use is the mandragora flowerpots since those are like bleeping impossible to hunt and merry badger only gives 1 at a time.

~4.6k per Named Blue Potion in Valkyrie
~19k per Glistening Coat in Valkyrie
~35k per Acid Bomb in Valkyrie
~100k per Yggdrasil Seed in Valkyrie
~180k per Yggdrasilberry in Valkyrie

~6k per Named Blue Potion in Yggdrasil
~27k per Glistening Coat in Yggdrasil
~29k per Yggdrasil Seed in Yggdrasil
~33k per Acid Bomb in Yggdrasil
~100k per Yggdrasilberry in Yggdrasil

~9k per Named Blue Potion in Ymir
~41k per Acid Bomb in Ymir
~47k per Glistening Coat in Ymir
~60k per Yggdrasil Seed in Ymir
~120k per Yggdrasilberry in Ymir

Uh, how expensive is it to play again in Ygg? You have the cheapest Acid Bombs, absurdly cheap Ygg Seeds... A lot cheaper coats... I'm not following you. Yes, it still costs some money, but it's so much cheaper than the other servers. Hmm, I wonder why...

Must be those OCAs again. Certainly not bots...

Let's not forget the free servers have a massive amount of Zeny because of the tremendous amounts of bots, so...

And again, the Ygg bias. I'm sorry. I forgot it had no bots.

Edited by MrTyranitar, 25 July 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#64 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

Ooh... Look, valk seeds cost more than ymir seeds (and berries too!). DOES IT MEAN WE HAVE LESS BOTS? :gg:

Yes this is clearly a joke, but just to show how your bias is wrong. Other factors can enter here, but if you are considering only bots, then there is a flaw in here.

Each server has their own problems. Ymir has the god items, spread on suras, RKs and mechanics, just to oneshot all the crap. Then Valk has the "infinite supplies" everybody is complaining about, though the only "infinite" supply which matters is Poison Bottle, making a GX on valk the worst thing ever to fight against. Not even the suras are so common.

Edited by asayuu, 25 July 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#65 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

You gotta take into account the number of people playing too, demand, people blowing supplies in PVP, whether woe means anything at all, everything. Maybe stuff on Ymir is expensive because there are zero new players to farm blue herbs etc. Just looking at prices alone won't give you one straightforward answer. Why propose merging with Ygg at all if Ygg is so bad and Ymir is so good?

#66 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

There's only 6 active genetics in WoE for Ygg: Dr. Crezally Nirvana (Me), WaspBerrie(:, Serenity Ravenheart (Jaye), Hellatorious, Nott Noir, Dr. Quinn.

roflmao..... Of course supplies are cheap coz nobody is buying them other than us and a couple of PvMers and actually some of us make our own instead...... And I'm probably the only one who visits PvP as a Genetic. <_<

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 25 July 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#67 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

There's only 6 active genetics in WoE for Ygg: Dr. Crezally Nirvana (Me), WaspBerrie(:, Serenity Ravenheart (Jaye), Hellatorious, Nott Noir, Dr. Quinn.

roflmao..... Of course supplies are cheap coz nobody is buying them other than us and a couple of PvMers and actually some of us make our own instead...... And I'm probably the only one who visits PvP as a Genetic. <_<

Out of all 6 of those genetics 0 are good LMAO jk jk I vote for 5 god hammer WaspBerrie!!! :heh: ( see me trolling they hating on IRO fourms typing dirty they see me typing dirtyx4!!!

#68 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

Out of all 6 of those genetics 0 are good LMAO

I won't say you are wrong...

#69 gl202

gl202

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

I think it isnt justifiable for a shura to one hit a fully geared 150 rk with 110 vit in one GoH. And this person didnt even had gods, just a +12 KvM.

Shuras are derived from the lowly acolyte class, whos purpose is to serve the superior classes. Shuras should have been more support oriented, instead of being the strongest class in the game. RKs were clearly robbed of this honor, since the Knights of the Round should have legendary power and have at least 80k hp fully equipped.

Your a -_- RK play your class right!!!!! Have you heard of "Runes" maybe not? Open up your skills read the bloody description!!!

Millinium Shield = Fail GOH or gfist
Crush strike = can 1 shot maybe?
And lots more ill leave that for u to figure out.

I dont own a RK but from my experience in WOE/PvP i know more than you /sigh

Im fed up of all the threads concerning suras being Bloody OP!!!! What? yoou want another nerf im guessing? play a sura look at the skill, some skill are not even that strong. Suras got its pros and cons like any other class SO stop with this bloody nonscence.

#70 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

Sura fanboys is angrys.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 25 July 2012 - 05:18 PM.

#71 Darius14

Darius14

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1175 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

play a sura look at the skill, some skill are not even that strong. Suras got its pros and cons like any other class SO stop with this bloody nonscence.

Classes don't need to use all there skills to kill, like suras don't need all there skill to immobilize an entire guild or wipe people out 1 by 1 with a lot less effort put compared to other classes. RKs can be really powerful but they work for it and have to make/buy runes to use them while a sura simply puts points into goh and uses it. Its not fair really how much power a sura has compared to the majority of the other classes.

#72 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

~4.6k per Named Blue Potion in Valkyrie
~19k per Glistening Coat in Valkyrie
~35k per Acid Bomb in Valkyrie
~100k per Yggdrasil Seed in Valkyrie
~180k per Yggdrasilberry in Valkyrie

~6k per Named Blue Potion in Yggdrasil
~27k per Glistening Coat in Yggdrasil
~29k per Yggdrasil Seed in Yggdrasil
~33k per Acid Bomb in Yggdrasil
~100k per Yggdrasilberry in Yggdrasil

~9k per Named Blue Potion in Ymir
~41k per Acid Bomb in Ymir
~47k per Glistening Coat in Ymir
~60k per Yggdrasil Seed in Ymir
~120k per Yggdrasilberry in Ymir

Uh, how expensive is it to play again in Ygg? You have the cheapest Acid Bombs, absurdly cheap Ygg Seeds... A lot cheaper coats... I'm not following you. Yes, it still costs some money, but it's so much cheaper than the other servers. Hmm, I wonder why...

Must be those OCAs again. Certainly not bots...

Let's not forget the free servers have a massive amount of Zeny because of the tremendous amounts of bots, so...

And again, the Ygg bias. I'm sorry. I forgot it had no bots.

Hi I'd like to introduce you to a word called inflation. Yggdrasil Zeny is worth significantly more than Ymir Zeny. Thanks for playing.

#73 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

Out of all 6 of those genetics 0 are good LMAO jk jk I vote for 5 god hammer WaspBerrie!!! :heh: ( see me trolling they hating on IRO fourms typing dirty they see me typing dirtyx4!!!

I really can't say waspberrie is better at he class than me. She just has access to items I don't (such as beelze card and mjolnor and asprika). Creza listed herself asn an active gene but she usually woes on another class ._.

Edited by Jaye, 25 July 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#74 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

I really can't say waspberrie is better at he class than me. She just has access to items I don't (such as beelze card and mjolnor and asprika). Creza listed herself asn an active gene but she usually woes on another class ._.

I am really playing Genetic more than anything else though. I just learned how to use shadow clones and multiply myself to a Royal Guard and Mechanic at the same time.

#75 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

Hayroh is a legit player. He has a 150 Sura and RK. I agree with him 100%. A legit RK with runes can trump a Sura. Sura is still beast. I also have a 150 Sura and RK. I prefer RK.

Pre-Balance I would go RG all the way. Sad what happened to that class. RK with runes is the better swordie class. More expensive to play but definitely better. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users