Map update 1 Xmas Dun, Glast Heim, Comodo *Completed 7/24* - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Map update 1 Xmas Dun, Glast Heim, Comodo *Completed 7/24*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#26 lyndelein

lyndelein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

why geffenia? There are more annoying monsters than just a handful jokers, lol.

Yeah but atleast most of them are easier to kill then jokers. Aside from that, don't you see the point that almost every map got boosted in a positive way except the "Crusader" maps which are even worse than before.

#27 hesho

hesho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

Glast Heim Area

• Glastheim Church (main South area) - Brilight and Dark Priest
    - 20 Nightmare ->30
    - 20 Whisper
    - 5 Joker
    - 15 Evil Druid -> 25
    - 25 Ghoul
    - 15 Brilight -> 45
    - add 3 Dark Priest

not a big fan of this at all because it's going to be far harder now just to walk by this map to get graveyard :/ I didn't think anyone leveled on this map lol.

• Glastheim Sewer 1 Sleeper, Sting
    - 30 Anolian -> 0
    - 20 Cramp -> 10
    - 50 Drainliar
    - add 50 Sleeper
    - add 70 Sting
    - add 30 Arclouse

very odd combination with sleepers IMHO. Can see issues with it because of sleeper's cloaking.

• Glastheim Sewer 2 (connects Graveyard) Anolian and Cramp
    - 40 Anolian -> 60
    - 30 Cramp -> 40
    - 30 Gargoyle -> 20

hope it doesn't make it too hard to get to stings now.

• Glastheim Sewer 3 Current Sting map
    - 50 Sting -> 70
    - 40 Cramp -> 20
    - 5 Gargoyle -> 0

good change. It was either remove cramps or remove gargoyles.

• Glastheim Graveyard (with the Cross in the middle)
    - 25 Ghoul
    - 20 Zombie
    - 10 Zombie Prisoner -> 15
    - 10 Skel Prisoner -> 15
    - 5 Wraith -> 15
    - 1 Mimic -> 0
    - 5 Hunter Fly -> 2
    - 1 Dark Lord (1 hour)
    - add 1 Dark Illusion (20 min)
    - add 3 Dark Priest (5 min)
    - add 15 Evil Druid

well.. as a mage that was leeching chars here... i don't think this will be viable now at all. Good for heal bombers now i guess but that's about it. Wraiths were dangerous enough but druids are do not touch territory for mages. I don't understand the point of adding dark priests at all. Doesn't it have 100k hp too?

• Glastheim prison 1st floor
    - 20 Skel Prisoner -> 35
    - 10 Whisper
    - 10 Hunter Fly
    - 20 Brilight
    - 20 Zombie Prisoner -> 35
    - 1 Zherlthsh (1 hour)

time to move here now maybe i guess. I see this map getting ultra crowded now

• Glastheim prison 2nd floor
    - 20 Brilight
    - 30 Cramp
    - 20 Arclouse -> 0
    - 50 Injustice
    - 1 Zherlthsh (1 hour)
    - add 30 Rybio
    - add 30 Phendark

rather deal with arclouses then phendarks. Seems a bit heavy with that many phendarks to me *shrugs

Edited by hesho, 25 July 2012 - 12:35 AM.

#28 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:49 AM

2 South of Morocc (Hode map) was annoying as it was heavily botted and populated - archers/hunters KS'd and few hodes, now this map SSW of morocc with hodes and pecos is awesome O: I wonder if I'm alone here but I love it~

#29 Shionxoxo

Shionxoxo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:58 AM

20 Fur Seal -> 50 all in Beach area

This is going to make Wiz leveling even easier..

#30 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:59 AM

This is going to make Wiz leveling even easier..

More like mage/low level wiz if you go Firewall/Lightning Bolt 10. It's more of a sin/rogue/hunter map, really.

#31 Porink

Porink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

Comodo Area

• Comodo Field 1 (Furthest NW Comodo map) Alligator and Poison Spore map
    - 5 Greatest General -> 10
    - 45 Cookie (green) -> 0
    - 30 Rocker -> 45
    - 1 Vocal (respawn time??)
    - 20 Poporing -> 40
    - 35 Poison Spore -> 60
    - Add 70 Alligator

#32 DeTahMonster

DeTahMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:21 AM

I miss the really good old GH Graveyard when Dark Lord doesn't know any skills and everyone would heal bomb him and get some decent exp because of all the tapping when someone was MvPing him.

I wished Gravity would add some MVP-like FFA monster without drops but good exp in graveyard on a timer 10-60mintues where all the acolytes would gather and heal bomb him together.

My suggestion is to change the dark priest to have no-skills and increase his exp to 50,000 base and 25,000 job with his 100,000 hp.

I am sad that all my ideas are probably not going to happen . :sob: :sob: :sob:

Edited by DeTahMonster, 25 July 2012 - 01:22 AM.

#33 Courtis

Courtis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:33 AM

• Glastheim Dungeon 1 (I need an identity!! Bug map maybe?)
    - 100 Arclouse
    - 40 Stalactic Golem

It would be nice if that could be the Stings-map for leveling parties again. Stings sewes as it is used now (with the leech spot) is perfectly fine but the levelling speed doesn't really change even in higher levels.

I have always loved to pack my stuff and head to this certain map with a priest and coming out days later =)

I'd really love to see that as the "Highlevel-Stings-Map" again.

Maby you could do something even more awesome and add Giearths on that map. The sleep traps they put up would make it a super challenging and interesting map, since getting love from Stings in your sleep hurts..... if you know what I mean.

#34 Sureibl

Sureibl

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:27 AM

Lots of nice changes, but those chiv changes are a disaster. Lots of ridewords and hardly anything else will make chiv 1 unusable for almost everyone except maybe a couple people who will try to farm the Abyss knights. On second floor, lots of archers and jokers and very few Abyss knights make this map pretty poor. Where are GC saders supposed to level?

#35 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:39 AM

There is an EARTH map, sleepers, stings arclouse.

I actually thought that was a primo thing for fire people.

I will look into the dark priest thing a bit more, on Thursday we can adjust again.

For the sader leveling spots, what is it you think would work? obviously you want to do raydrics, chiv 1 and 2 were a bit too close in theme, so split it a bit.
The ridewords are in an area (by the book shelfs) rather than all over the place, I should have mentioned that.

Stairs, ME priest area, that was the thought there.

Phendarks, Dark priest, Jokers, and the other nasty in prison, all needed a place to exist, it was thought that maybe prison 2 would be their home, while prison 1 remained a bit more of a low level healer affair. May have gone a bit overboard on Churchyard, will tone it back if it is seen as a big problem.

Brilight, Hunter Fly and Arclouse are all kind of at loose ends, somewhere they need to find a good home, right now they are "annoying" creatures that are intended to inspire parties, but not sure if that is really the case.

#36 Courtis

Courtis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:46 AM

The Idea is nice but only for firewall classes, since bow-classes will have their EXP kept low drastically by the Sleeper's DEF - there's a reason. Monks and Ice-Pick-classes could level great at sleepers but with stings around?! xD

Long story short: This would be yet another mage-map!

#37 Flower

Flower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:07 AM

Comodo Area
  • Comodo Field 2 (Beach furthest West) Fur Seal Map and Raggler
    - 10 Aster
    - 30 Crab
    - 42 Raggler
    - 15 Cornutus
    - 40 Shellfish
    - 1 Mobster (1 minute respawn) -> 5 sec respawn
    - 20 Fur Seal -> 50 all in Beach area
  • Comodo Field 4 (East of Comodo field 2 Beach) Sea Otter Map
    - 50 Aster
    - 20 Crab
    - 20 Raggler -> 40
    - 14 Golem
    - 20 Shellfish
    - 15 Sea Otter -> 40 Near Beach
Not one of these maps ended with Galapagos on them? :(
Golems are already on alot of different maps, why not replace them with Galapagos?

Also i agree with others about sleepers and stings on same maps, it just shouldn't happen. Stop making harder to level palces for melees. Not everyone is magic or bow user.

Edited by Flower, 25 July 2012 - 03:16 AM.

#38 Loki1669

Loki1669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:16 AM

Glastheim Graveyard (with the Cross in the middle)
- 25 Ghoul
- 20 Zombie
- 10 Zombie Prisoner -> 15
- 10 Skel Prisoner -> 15
- 5 Wraith -> 15
- 1 Mimic -> 0
- 5 Hunter Fly -> 2
- 1 Dark Lord (1 hour)
- add 1 Dark Illusion (20 min)
- add 15 Evil Druid

My suggestion would be to move some wraith deads to graveyard, and remove some (10?) druids. I think having Dark Lord in there is "terrorizing" enough, since I doubt anyone can kill him right now, so the dark priests are really unnecessary (wraith dead is better). Perhaps replace the hunter flies with an additional Dark Illusion, that way at least aco's can heal bomb the thing, and increase the timing to 30 mins

So it would look like:

Glastheim Graveyard (with the Cross in the middle)
- 20 Ghoul
- 15 Zombie
- 10 Zombie Prisoner -> 20
- 10 Skel Prisoner -> 20
- 5 Wraith -> 15
- 1 Mimic -> 0
- 5 Hunter Fly -> 0
- 1 Dark Lord (1 hour)
- add 2 Dark Illusion (30 min)
- add 15 Evil Druid add 5 Evil Druid
- add 3 Wraith Dead (5min)

This way, everything can be heal bombed, but with higher HP.

#39 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:59 AM

Why decrease the amount of raydrics on chivalry 1? There was nothing wrong with it, comfortable for GC sader too...

#40 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:12 AM

For the most part, those changes look really nice to me. A couple things I don't feel fit, I feel as if there are a few too many super strong monsters in the Churchyard compared to the monsters people would want to level on. Also I feel like Jokers just don't really belong in Chiv, I would probably replace them with something...either more raydrics, Khalitzburgs, or maybe a split between the two. I also feel like Chiv 1 is kind of lost as to its purpose in life...I think the concept of a rideword map is pretty cool, but Ridewords are kind of terrible to level on beause of their low Base EXP :/

Making a sleepers/stings map is pretty interesting. Kind of super promotes being a wizard, but I don't mind it so much. I feel like Arclouses are just a really bad monster and that they don't belong anywhere, so obviously I would recommend they be removed, but thats just my biased opinion xP

As for Glast Heim Dungeon 1...maybe Arclouzes and Brilights? As I said before, I personally think Arclouzes are a terrible monster, so I think that would need to be changed for any map with Arclouzes on them to be considered a decent levelling spot, I would probably flat out give them an extra 1k base and job exp, but as far as map changes go you could do like 70~80 Arclouze and 60~70 Brilights. If Arclouzes have their exp buffed a bit, I could definitely see that being a strong map for partying.

As somewhat of an aside that you can clearly see I've been working into my main post a lot lol, I think a lot of the pest monsters that most players would normally relegate to the depths of oblivion given the choice could be made a lot more desirable for hunting by taking a look at their base stats. They were originally designed to be bad or something, so if you want to improve levelling on them their numbers need to be tweaked a bit to make it worth it. If you do that, I feel like a lot of new options for cool levelling spots would open up.

Edited by TwilightsCall, 25 July 2012 - 04:16 AM.

#41 lyndelein

lyndelein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:58 AM

I will look into the dark priest thing a bit more, on Thursday we can adjust again.

For the sader leveling spots, what is it you think would work? obviously you want to do raydrics, chiv 1 and 2 were a bit too close in theme, so split it a bit.
The ridewords are in an area (by the book shelfs) rather than all over the place, I should have mentioned that.

Phendarks, Dark priest, Jokers, and the other nasty in prison, all needed a place to exist, it was thought that maybe prison 2 would be their home, while prison 1 remained a bit more of a low level healer affair. May have gone a bit overboard on Churchyard, will tone it back if it is seen as a big problem.

Brilight, Hunter Fly and Arclouse are all kind of at loose ends, somewhere they need to find a good home, right now they are "annoying" creatures that are intended to inspire parties, but not sure if that is really the case.

Of course the ridewords spawn at the book shelfs, but so do the raydrics, Abysmal Knights and what so ever from time to time, so at some point the "good" monsters have gathered there, or people lured ridewords out of there. Believe me, it does happen quite often, what you did with Chiv 1 was probably the worst possible decision. The only thing that is a little bit "positive" are the Abysmal Knights, but there's still not enough of them, so the "bad things" actually outweigh the "good things".

Solution: Decrease Ridewords again to the original number. Increase Raydrics atleast to the original Number. Add more Abysmal Knights or make the current abysmal Knights instant spawn. Maybe increase Khalitzburgs aswell.

Edited by lyndelein, 25 July 2012 - 05:03 AM.

#42 Schio

Schio

I am New.

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:49 AM

• Glastheim prison 2nd floor
    - 20 Brilight
    - 30 Cramp
    - 20 Arclouse -> 0
    - 50 Injustice
    - 1 Zherlthsh (1 hour)
    - add 30 Rybio
    - add 30 Phendark

I've been leveling there today with wiz, priest, sac sader, the changes are perfect, phendarks take longer to kill for the wiz but give good exp, i really like the changes.

#43 Sackof

Sackof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

You killed more sader levling spots WHY??????? because they are "too similar" what kind of response is that? Chiv 2 is annoying because of of the stupid JOKERS which change element.... Chiv 1 is all but useless now, before chiv 1 was where u could solo pretty well, and chiv 2 was for parties if anything the ray spawns should have been increased on chiv 1. Instead we get a ton of useless monsters (sageworm more ridewords and less raydrics)... I DO NOT think the problem was that maps were too simular if anything it helped keep players on split between 2 maps, now chiv 2 will be clogged, or people will go to castle 2.

#44 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:22 AM

i say remove the jokers from chiv2. you cant do -_- down there as a sader when it changes element but wing away

#45 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:28 AM

Glastheim Chivalry 1
- 60 Raydric -> 20
- 20 Raydric Archer
- add 20 Khalitzburg
- 1 Whisper Boss (1 hour)
- 40 Rideword -> 60
- Mandragora in the "green house"
- 10 Brilight in green house -> 35 930 sec
- 5 Evil Druid in library -> 10
- add 20 Sageworms
- add 2 Abyss Knight (10 min)

Why did this??? I have to change my place of leveling. Thanks.

Edited by SirDouglas, 25 July 2012 - 06:30 AM.

#46 Eternal

Eternal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

instead of sleepers you could put mi gaos or geographers. and please remove or at the very least reduce the spawn of jokers in chiv 2 to like 2 xD
maybe add more raydrics and khals

#47 Paramel

Paramel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:51 AM

Why nerf chiv 1, it was actually decent to hunt rays on prior, a lot of classes have a very difficult time killing joker so chiv1 was a better option for single target killing.

I think magma1 definitely needs an update so its viable for leveling.

other than that most of these updates look pretty good.

#48 Sackof

Sackof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

If i may i would like to point out why these spawn changes to Chiv 1 are not welcomed by people who leveled there:
Especially for CRUSADERS Jokers Change Element to Holy etc

Glastheim Chivalry 1
- 60 Raydric -> 20
- 20 Raydric Archer
- add 20 Khalitzburg
- 40 Rideword -> 60
- add 20 Sageworms

1. Yes we do want more raydrics, less of everything else?
2. Chiv 1 was good for Lower level Crusaders, and other classes because it had no Jokers and relatively few Ridewords
3. Chiv 2 is not as lvling friendly as chiv 1 was because there are Jokers (which Change element to holy,etc)
4. Chiv 1 and 2 are supposed to be somewhat similar, What is wrong with that? I do not know anyone in game who wants to kill more ridewords and sage worms /swt. If you are thinking about maps in terms of element why not make Chiv 1 Map weak to the Holy Element? like you did with the stings map making it weaker against fire?
EXAMPLE:

- 50 Sting -> 70
    - 40 Cramp -> 20
    - 5 Gargoyle -> 0
  • Glastheim Sewer 4 Windghost map (wind map)
    - 30 Sting->0
    - 50 Cramp -> 20
    - 30 Windghost -> 70
    - 50 Gargoyle
    - 30 Anolian -> 0
    - 20 Cramp -> 10
    - 50 Drainliar
    - add 50 Sleeper
    - add 70 Sting
    - add 30 Arclouse
Aren't these maps "too" similar ? my point is this what is wrong with two maps that are predominantly raydrics?

Leveling Crusader classes has been hurt by the changes made on tuesday the 24th. I ask the GMs to reconsider some of their map changes.

Suggestions :

I would not mind leveling in Chiv 2 if there were NO Jokers and less raydric archers.

Chiv 2
Glastheim Chivalry 2
- 50 Raydric -> 80
- 40 Raydric Archer
- 10 Whisper -> 20
- 20 Joker
- 1 Bloody Knight (1 hour) -> 20 min
- 1 Knight of Abyss (1 hour) -> 3 (1 hour)
- 10 Khaltizburg (30 min)
- add 20 random Khalitzburg (1.5min)

I would revert it to the older spawn and lower the amount of ridewords and brilights, and add the AK and sage worms

Chiv 1

Glastheim Chivalry 1
- 60 Raydric -> 20
- 20 Raydric Archer
- add 20 Khalitzburg
- 40 Rideword -> 60
- add 20 Sageworms

Edited by Sackof, 25 July 2012 - 08:21 AM.

#49 decade23

decade23

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

I say this as one of the few people who spend all their time in Castle2, and one of the 3 people on the entire server who solo it regularly as well.

Castle2 changes could use some work. Marionettes should still only be found in the classroom in the top left, not over the entire map. Deviruchis were good only being near the summoning altar in the bottom right, both these mobs are annoying and just clog things up and the devis are more "at home" in geffenia. The combo of JT+FW+Arrow Repel (Archers) everywhere on the map is really awful.The extra spawns really just make this area unpleasant and these 2 mobs should be looked at again.More Khalitz is nice and so is more wanderers.

Thanks

#50 lyndelein

lyndelein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

If i may i would like to point out why these spawn changes to Chiv 1 are not welcomed by people who leveled there:
Especially for CRUSADERS Jokers Change Element to Holy etc

Glastheim Chivalry 1
- 60 Raydric -> 20
- 20 Raydric Archer
- add 20 Khalitzburg
- 40 Rideword -> 60
- add 20 Sageworms

1. Yes we do want more raydrics, less of everything else?
2. Chiv 1 was good for Lower level Crusaders, and other classes because it had no Jokers and relatively few Ridewords
3. Chiv 2 is not as lvling friendly as chiv 1 was because there are Jokers (which Change element to holy,etc)
4. Chiv 1 and 2 are supposed to be somewhat similar, What is wrong with that? I do not know anyone in game who wants to kill more ridewords and sage worms /swt. If you are thinking about maps in terms of element why not make Chiv 1 Map weak to the Holy Element? like you did with the stings map making it weaker against fire?
EXAMPLE:

- 50 Sting -> 70
    - 40 Cramp -> 20
    - 5 Gargoyle -> 0
  • Glastheim Sewer 4 Windghost map (wind map)
    - 30 Sting->0
    - 50 Cramp -> 20
    - 30 Windghost -> 70
    - 50 Gargoyle
    - 30 Anolian -> 0
    - 20 Cramp -> 10
    - 50 Drainliar
    - add 50 Sleeper
    - add 70 Sting
    - add 30 Arclouse
Aren't these maps "too" similar ? my point is this what is wrong with two maps that are predominantly raydrics?

Leveling Crusader classes has been hurt by the changes made on tuesday the 24th. I ask the GMs to reconsider some of their map changes.

Suggestions :

I would not mind leveling in Chiv 2 if there were NO Jokers and less raydric archers.

Chiv 2
Glastheim Chivalry 2
- 50 Raydric -> 80
- 40 Raydric Archer
- 10 Whisper -> 20
- 20 Joker
- 1 Bloody Knight (1 hour) -> 20 min
- 1 Knight of Abyss (1 hour) -> 3 (1 hour)
- 10 Khaltizburg (30 min)
- add 20 random Khalitzburg (1.5min)

I would revert it to the older spawn and lower the amount of ridewords and brilights, and add the AK and sage worms

Chiv 1

Glastheim Chivalry 1
- 60 Raydric -> 20
- 20 Raydric Archer
- add 20 Khalitzburg
- 40 Rideword -> 60
- add 20 Sageworms

Pretty much agree, except that atleast one of the Chiv Maps should have a few Abysmal Knights on instant spawn. I don't know about the other crusaders, but personally I only made my Crusader because when I played Chivalry was a good place to hunt Abysmal Knights. People might say that due to this there would be an Increase in Abysmal Knight Cards, but I disagree because most people don't even know how to hunt Abysmal Knights effectively. Why not make one of the Chiv maps for the "little Crusaders" + other Classes like hunters etc and the other Chiv map for the "big crusaders" and parties.

For Example:

Chiv 1 (easy mode):

- 60 Raydrics
- 20 Khalitzburgs
- 40 Raydric Archer
- 5 Abysmal Knights (Instant Spawn)
- 5 Evil Druids
- 10 Brilights
- 10 Ridewords

Chiv 2 (hard mode):

- 80 Raydrics
- 30-40 Khalitzburgs
- 30-40 Raydric Archer
- 10 Abysmal Knights ( ~10 minutes spawn)
- 5 Abysmal Knights (Instant Spawn)
- Bloody Knight
- Mysteltainn
- Executioner
- Ogretooth

I hope GM's will take a look at this and take our Suggestions into Consideration when doing the next Spawn Changes, Crusaders need a lot of Pots if they want to make decent exp and be safe. Pots do cost a lot of money, much more than traps, arrows or other sh!t that the fast leveling classes need. So don't cry around if we are actually able to level in maps that drop decent stuff once in a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users