The Warrior's Unstoppabuild :D - Page 2 - Warrior Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The Warrior's Unstoppabuild :D

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 644552120

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:Delphi

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

Very confused now, I just got out of playing the Tera trial, as a lancer, a unique class that is truely pure tank. They even recommend you dont even attack that much unless you have aggro gems plugged in weapon and a weapon with aggro on it. Otherwise all you're doing in a group/dungeon setting is taunting and shield blocking you and your group. So with that mentality I came here and made a war and have been stat building accordingly. I put some in Vit/agi/str AND int for magic defense. Because I didn't know ho wmuch that would be needed in the end game against magical bosses. Let's say for every 5 I put in the other stats I'd toss in an int. As gear changes my stats change anyway so it's hard to visually say ok I keep this type of balance with my stats.

As for skills, I wanted to unlock the upper section so I put in what is needed to do that. I'm only level 22 so I have the upper section open I just have not put a point in to it yet until 23. My goal? To be a defense warrior with huge aggro because I figure end game it will be the dps classes who kill the boss not me. I just keep the hate on me while priests heal and the rest get to work.

I'm NOT PvP so I'm pure PvE.

Does this type of tank work in this game? Or are we to be hacking and slashing as well? Maybe at least put on bleed?

Or maybe plan for the tank defense thing end game but until im max level plan for a more damaging build?

#27 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

^ Unfortunately, your build won't be able to tank..

All monsters in this game deal both Physical and Magical damage on a single strike.
Defense system here is reckless..
If you don't have more than 3000 def.. You'll just see that having extra 1000 def from a buff does so little. (Try it for yourself)
^ to support that, agi and int gives about 4 def per stat..

Vit is your bet in tanking.. Not only you can survive poison and fire dps debuff. You can also defend yourself in multiple directions.
Also, that would be difficult to level, had a pal who is pure tank, she is 3 vit 2 str build and finds it hard to level.

#28 644552120

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:Delphi

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:58 AM

Well just to update this, I'm lvl 43 now, and I have a ton of vit, lots of str and soem agi. I gave up on int. I have about 6500+ defense full buffed, 34k hp ( a lot of SS exp purple gear that I have yet to add enchancements to)

Leveling is pretty good, admittedly I have a good pool of friends and guildies and we mostly do dungeons untilthe exp sucks and then top off exp in outdoor zones until we qualify for the next dungeon.

#29 WorldBosh

WorldBosh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

Oh man, gotta edit this guide some time this week. As for a tanker, the knight tree is, obviously, your best bet. I suggest you re-roll your knight completely, this time without the INT unless you plan on waiting until some type of reset comes out. According to some people, the defense bonuses you receive after a certain point become somewhat negligible thus allowing us to guess that there is some type of soft defense cap. As for holding aggro..the more damage you deal, the more aggro you'll accumulate which is obviously a known fact for anyone with more than a month of MMORPG experience. Problem is here, the amount of aggro you generate is small and the amount of damage DDs deal is ridiculous in comparison to your Taunts and aggro passives. What you can do, if you're bent on tanking, is somehow mix in some damage whether it be through refines or stat points because a good cleric would be able to keep you alive, in most situations.

Edited by WorldBosh, 30 August 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#30 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

You still play? What's your IGN?

#31 WorldBosh

WorldBosh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

I drop by every now and then :P. Until something is done about class balance, I doubt I'll come back for good.

#32 Skylicious

Skylicious

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

Strange... I have a full wisdom warrior guide in the making.

Trust me... wisdom is the way to go for warrior!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users