Classic WoE Scheduling Discussion - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic WoE Scheduling Discussion

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#26 Sackof

Sackof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

1-3 sounds nice

#27 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

I'm surprised they didn't put an ingame voting npc in eden like they did once before for the "vending in eden" issue >.> That'd be more accurate than a facebook poll for sure

#28 FreecsCorp

FreecsCorp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Server:Classic Baby

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

fb poll can be bs. you can ask a non-RO player to vote for your desire schedule.. specially when your popular.. :P

#29 bananafishtoday

bananafishtoday

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

Either 1-3 or 3-5 works. Any later than that would be frustrating for EST players if it's a Saturday, to say nothing of the Europeans.

#30 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

1 PM - 3 PM (13:00 - 15:00) is perfect for european players.

That'll be 10 PM till midnight here (22:00 - 00:00), which is a reasonable time, especially during the weekend and allows us to participate on WoE.

Either having WoE on fridays, which would be a Friday->Saturday for european players
OR
WoE on saturdays, which would be Saturday->Sunday.

Both, friday and saturday would work well for european players.

WoE on sundays or any other day of the week would not allow european players to participate, unless they have holidays.
Sunday->Monday = School/Work/no time at all.

If it'll be at 3 PM - 5 PM, european players will have to stay up all night from midnight to 2 AM (00:00 - 02:00), which could work, but would be very inconvinient to stay up THAT late every week when there are no holidays, reason:

As a European mid twenties employed 9 to 5 worker I gave up on this game because raids at 11pm to 1am on wednesday was a awful wake up next day and 1am to 3am on Saturday destroyed my sleeping pattern. Its alright for Art Students who are 20 and go into class once a week, or some layabout bar worker but real world once you get employed properly in a european time zone...good bye IRO. Problem is any woe time change would most likely put someone else world wide into the same position I'm in. Having one realm having a woe in a euro time would be great for me but I dout US players would enjoy a 12am/3pm woe and Asian would hate it.

But by the looks of it on facebook, it'll be the 3 - 5 pm one >.>

And I thought that iRO stands for international Ragnarok. <,<"

Edited by Morlord, 27 August 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#31 FreecsCorp

FreecsCorp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Server:Classic Baby

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

3-5pm = 7-9am on us i think. well, since a poll is already up, and 3-5 is already owning, i can't argue more :(

#32 kahem

kahem

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

3pm (+1 GMT or CET 15;00)

#33 lyndelein

lyndelein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Fix your goddamn server issues before even thinking of making such a poll you nobrainers. Who wants to play WoE on a server that's more unstable than a p-server, honestly >_>

#34 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

Since all methods of voting has a chance of exploitation, why not just have it on 3 platforms? Like fb forums and in game. This way, people who are really concerned abt the timings can have more say and those that. Other to get a facebook account benefit more (also the active forumers)

Given the central limit theorem, we will need a very large number of votes to be as accurate as possible, thus, showing this method is better

Edited by ExDarkrb, 26 August 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#35 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

4 WoE a week please, 1 per each realm, all at different times to allow diversity, 2 WoE during peak hours, like wednesday and saturday nights, 1 on ilke Saturday or Sunday morning(early in the morning), 1 on mid morning of a tuesday or thursday perhaps

Make WoE interesting for everyone, you can set each realm to be at those times, and a guild's duty is to find players for different woe times, rather then thinking everyone will get to enjoy when it's only once a week at a certain time

Think about everyone gms

#36 iCadacus

iCadacus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

I'm sorry but that's the worst idea I've ever seen. You would have the same 5 guilds owning each of the castles in all of the realms.

#37 BlueGreenRed

BlueGreenRed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

1-3.

#38 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

4 WoE a week please, 1 per each realm, all at different times to allow diversity, 2 WoE during peak hours, like wednesday and saturday nights, 1 on ilke Saturday or Sunday morning(early in the morning), 1 on mid morning of a tuesday or thursday perhaps

Make WoE interesting for everyone, you can set each realm to be at those times, and a guild's duty is to find players for different woe times, rather then thinking everyone will get to enjoy when it's only once a week at a certain time

Think about everyone gms

give us supplies

#39 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

I predict hours of DDoS when WoE starts >.<

#40 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

give us supplies

Take a castle, and you get supplies for next week, not complicated, and you would be a selfish to think it's all about a 1 time a week woe on saturday night.

This is supposed to be international ragnarok online

#41 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

I'm sorry but that's the worst idea I've ever seen. You would have the same 5 guilds owning each of the castles in all of the realms.

Your statement doesn't make sense to me, having 1 woe a week doesn't make those same 5 guilds not take all the castles. Your logic is highly flawed

#42 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

Since all methods of voting has a chance of exploitation, why not just have it on 3 platforms? Like fb forums and in game. This way, people who are really concerned abt the timings can have more say and those that. Other to get a facebook account benefit more (also the active forumers)

Given the central limit theorem, we will need a very large number of votes to be as accurate as possible, thus, showing this method is better

An in game voting NPC could easily include a MAC/IP lookup to ignore/flag multivoters. Easily. Sure, many people own more than 1 computer, but I highly doubt anyone has more than a few that can run on separate internet connections. It would require significantly more effort to skew the vote (vote at home, work, different computer labs on campus. If they care that much, I think they deserve multiple votes.)

#43 iCadacus

iCadacus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

Your statement doesn't make sense to me, having 1 woe a week doesn't make those same 5 guilds not take all the castles. Your logic is highly flawed

Read your post you said 4 WoEs a week. It's your logic that's flawed.

#44 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

Think about everyone gms

No.

#45 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

doesn't matter sent a pm to oda and when heim gets back one to him, selfish people don't understand not everyone is in their time zone working 9-5 jobs.

#46 Sagarinha

Sagarinha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

3 - 5

#47 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

doesn't matter sent a pm to oda and when heim gets back one to him, selfish people don't understand not everyone is in their time zone working 9-5 jobs.

Your PM does not matter if the majority does not want it.

#48 Peciklchunta

Peciklchunta

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

The numbers against 3-5 are actually equal to the numbers for 3-5 pm =P. You shoud make a poll with only two options (3-5 and 1-3) and see which one it really is.

Edited by Peciklchunta, 26 August 2012 - 11:52 PM.

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

I am in GMT +1 and I only want one WoE / Week
I have guildmates in
GMT +2
GMT +5:30
GMT -5
GMT -6
GMT -8

And NONE of them want 4 WoEs a week.

#50 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members