Classic WoE Scheduling Discussion - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic WoE Scheduling Discussion

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#51 Haibane

Haibane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

Your statement doesn't make sense to me, having 1 woe a week doesn't make those same 5 guilds not take all the castles. Your logic is highly flawed

It would be far more difficult for a limited number of top guilds to consistantly take and hold multiple castles in the usual 20 castle WoE setup than for them to take one castle in the single realm WoEs that you're suggesting, simply because in the former they have to dilute their strength to defend multiple castles, allowing weaker guilds a chance to win them. That just would not happen with only 5 castles per WoE, as iCadacus quite rightly points out.

#52 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:50 AM

1 PM - 3 PM (13:00 - 15:00) is perfect for european players. (the world doesnt revolve around Europe)

That'll be 10 PM till midnight here (22:00 - 00:00), which is a reasonable time, especially during the weekend and allows us to participate on WoE. (3-5 is too bad either...its a 12midnight to a 2 on a WEEKEND, you will survive)

Either having WoE on fridays, which would be a Friday->Saturday for european players
OR
WoE on saturdays, which would be Saturday->Sunday.

Both, friday and saturday would work well for european players.

WoE on sundays or any other day of the week would not allow european players to participate, unless they have holidays.
Sunday->Monday = School/Work/no time at all.

If it'll be at 3 PM - 5 PM, european players will have to stay up all night from midnight to 2 AM (00:00 - 02:00), which could work, but would be very inconvinient to stay up THAT late every week when there are no holidays.

But by the looks of it on facebook, it'll be the 3 - 5 pm one >.> (yes, because i think there are many more asian players and also, people in the US may have stuff on in the morning to early noon)

And I thought that iRO stands for international Ragnarok. <,<" (no use giving such a useless comment, Alt+F4 for rage corner)

#53 lyndelein

lyndelein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:55 AM

Fix your goddamn server you no brainers. Once you got that right you might start a -_-ing poll. And have fun deleting this post, thats probably the only thing you spend your time on. It seems like a bunch of monkeys could run this server better than you do.

#54 Foaad

Foaad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

1 PM - 3 PM (13:00 - 15:00) is perfect for european players.

That'll be 10 PM till midnight here (22:00 - 00:00), which is a reasonable time, especially during the weekend and allows us to participate on WoE.

If it'll be at 3 PM - 5 PM, european players will have to stay up all night from midnight to 2 AM (00:00 - 02:00), which could work, but would be very inconvinient to stay up THAT late every week when there are no holidays.

^This.

Also 1-3pm does not overlap w/ Valk WoE.

BTW does woe really have to be 120 minutes? I suggest:
Classic: 1:00-2:45 pm
Valk: 3:00-4:45 pm
Ygg: 5:00-6:45 pm
(and even better merge valk and ygg servers)

#55 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

BTW does woe really have to be 120 minutes?

2.0 should be 2 hours long since it's actually fun. 1.0 I'd be fine if it was only 60 minutes since it's fairly boring.

For Classic, at least.

#56 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

1.0 I'd be fine if it was only 60 minutes since it's fairly boring.

There are a fair number of people who prefer 1.0 over 2.0 so it's a preference thing. I'd certainly like 1.0 to last 2 hours.

#57 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

Guys, isn't it called 1.5? And seriously you think 1.0 is boring...?
3-5pm means 7-9am here in China. I am more then ok with this time. Fell pity for European players....

Edited by Althes, 27 August 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#58 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

Our devious goal is to get all of YOU to be on our Facebook so you can talk about RO to your friends on Facebook. Its a marketing ploy that actually does work.

Polls on the forum have been exploited all to heck, as have the in-game polls. FB actually does give us a more accurate polling because it is more votes. We aren't launching Woe yet due to the character server problems, and we won't until it is fixed. We will do a more precise poll once we narrow down the contenders a bit.

#59 Derixs

Derixs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

WoE 1.0 = Sundays 3-5 PM PST
WoE 2.0 = Thursday 6-8 PM PST

Best Times Ever!!! I could actually do them both.

Edited: Actually 1 hour WoE would be so awesome, its really only the last hour anyone cares about anyway.
Epic Battles for an hour instead of... mehh for the first hour and then mediocre battles for the last hour.

Edited by Derixs, 27 August 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#60 Habee

Habee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

I take back what I said ... i would actually prefer 1-3 as well .. but looks like everyone wants 3-5 (sorry valk players, time to choose 1 or the other)

#61 Aaero

Aaero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

Eh, I don't know if it's a good idea to clash Classic server's WOE time with Valkyrie server's. There are many players that do want to play both. Both are just very different game mechanic and both are fun in their own ways.

And while I stopped playing Classic for now, I was planning to go back to it again when the WOE starts (and will be paying money too for kafra items/ rental gears etc). Looks like I wouldn't be able to play Classic if WOE time clashes.. And I am quite sure you will lose players on either server by forcing them to choose, rather than potential players that could possibly want to PAY for both server... Or heck, 3 servers. Yeah they may seem 'greedy' to want to WOE none stop, but they are really into this game is all. :) Just voicing out for those of my friends that I know are still playing Valk and also Classic.

Either way, I will wait and see how this folds out.

#62 Infinitii

Infinitii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Here's an idea, everyone is all, "Let's schedule earlier so we can go out for our saturday."

Well why not have WoE earlier in the morning PST. Like 9-10am? That's still fairly late for those of us in Asia, but we can play. At least for me in China that would be 11pm to 12 midnight start time. Ending at either 1 or 2 am.

Or the other option is run WoE later, like 5-6pm? This would be around 7am-8am for Asian players (including foreigners living/working abroad such as myself). This is doable for us. However, not so good for Europe.

I know there won't be a time to fit all time zones. So sadly, some of us will either have to get up very very early, or very very late, or just not WoE. :sob:

#63 aldrich

aldrich

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

Make it 7-9. If classic woe should overlap with any other server it should be ymir

At least valkyrie has a decent number of people playing, ymir is just animosity jacking off by themselves for 2 hours, why cater to a server with 100 average population

Edited by aldrich, 27 August 2012 - 10:47 PM.

#64 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

Well why not have WoE earlier in the morning PST. Like 9-10am? That's still fairly late for those of us in Asia, but we can play. At least for me in China that would be 11pm to 12 midnight start time. Ending at either 1 or 2 am.

I like this idea <3
9am start=great time for europe!

@Facebook poll
I dont like it to choose just one time. I would vote for WoE between 1am and 11am

#65 Combatrok

Combatrok

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

1-3 is definitely better .. give us time to go out and enjoy life as well

Agreed!!!! 1pm-3pm PST!!!!!!!!!!

#66 PLUEVNR

PLUEVNR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

best idea

#67 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

7-9 is horribly late for europe (4-6am mainland, 3-5am UK) please lets not repeat that mistake.

7-9 also sucked when I was on the US east coast. It is 10-Midnight, If I didn't have to be up early, I'd be drinking.

#68 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

Our devious goal is to get all of YOU to be on our Facebook so you can talk about RO to your friends on Facebook. Its a marketing ploy that actually does work.

Polls on the forum have been exploited all to heck, as have the in-game polls. FB actually does give us a more accurate polling because it is more votes. We aren't launching Woe yet due to the character server problems, and we won't until it is fixed. We will do a more precise poll once we narrow down the contenders a bit.

I refuse to "like" or "vote" or "talk" about games on facebook then I get spammed to hell and back.

I would suggest either having a vote here as well, or work with your fansites and they can run a poll too (that isn't exploitable) ;)

Edited by Bluedreams, 28 August 2012 - 07:51 AM.

#69 Foaad

Foaad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

I would suggest either having a vote here as well, or work with your fansites and they can run a poll too (that isn't exploitable) ;)

In game polls can also be accurate. (Especially on a new server such as Classic)
For example (You can apply some of these rules in game or later when counting votes):
  • 1 vote per WP account
  • Only level 50+ characters are allowed to vote
  • Each WP account that participates gets 100 WPE (or something)
  • Votes are scaled by level (1 point for each level)
  • Votes by guild leaders (for guilds above level 5 or something like that) get extra points per guild level (for example 100 point for each level)
And yes if someone has 4 WP accounts with 99 chars on all of them, then their opinion is indeed 8 times more important than someone with a level 50 main.

#70 Aaero

Aaero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

People, lets not forget there are many region people that DID stayed up at odd hours just to WOE. If they are willing to do the sacrifice, I don't see why others can't. Besides there are other servers with time zone that fits your time perfectly already. Let other timing have a chance too?

There are some time frame that is just impossible to 'sacrifice' such as school hours or work hours, but sleeping hours, you can choose to shift it around. Yeah it stinks to shift your sleeping hours and all but many has done it for the sake of team work. Maybe just wake up for an hour just to play or whatever.

#71 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

I hope Gravity knows a lot of people are migrating away from facebook, Just look at the stocks. Me and My friends just meet up irl than keep in touch over that crap Site. Most of us pulled our accounts from fb. Soooooo Whats better about voting on Fb again?

#72 NoSecks2day

NoSecks2day

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

facebook is so oldschool :/

#73 PLUEVNR

PLUEVNR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

before 1pm PST is good for US and european players

what about asians?

#74 jas8907

jas8907

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

I wouldn't mind early sunday morning for a woe (I guess around 9-11 am PST).

#75 AllyBB

AllyBB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

I would really like it to be over by 4-5pm EST. It's Sat, so I want to be able to go out in the evening too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users