Scammer still active on Leonis - Stop him please! - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Scammer still active on Leonis - Stop him please!

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#26 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua (Leonis)

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

The GM team will handle it whenever a ticket has been submitted with screenshots & the name of the user.
It is no problem that the scammer changed his name because all of his account are on 1 IP-Adress so if the GM Team received 1 name they can lookup the IP-Adress in the database and get all the accounts/characters that has been made or have been playing on that IP-Adress.

But it will take some time because they will have to investage the situation there for we cannot do anything but waiting for them to make a decision. ;)

About the IP-address perma ban, i've asked a pro I.T. friend of mine about this, and he told me that there are internet providers that offer services such as dynamic IP address where even the hacker would be perma IP banned, he will just reset his cable/Modem then an instant new IP would be put out in the hacker's system and he may continue abuse and hack all the way. This hacker probably using key loggers/web sites. He advised me when u log your accounts, for example " when you type your username, bokbok , erase the 1st - 2nd letters of your username and then retype it, coz key loggers can't trace the letters u already removed, only the 1st letters before u erase the 1st and 2nd one would appear on the hacker's system. Hope this will help you guys.

#27 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

About the IP-address perma ban, i've asked a pro I.T. friend of mine about this, and he told me that there are internet providers that offer services such as dynamic IP address where even the hacker would be perma IP banned, he will just reset his cable/Modem then an instant new IP would be put out in the hacker's system and he may continue abuse and hack all the way. This hacker probably using key loggers/web sites. He advised me when u log your accounts, for example " when you type your username, bokbok , erase the 1st - 2nd letters of your username and then retype it, coz key loggers can't trace the letters u already removed, only the 1st letters before u erase the 1st and 2nd one would appear on the hacker's system. Hope this will help you guys.

I know what a Keylogger is, altough the Provider is different in everycountry in The Netherlands you will have to buy a new Modem/Router in order to retrieve a new ip adress. but It's very easy because the scammer on draconis is using his main accounts and The GM Team could just ban all of his accounts permanentaly so what's the point of playing when all your accounts are banned ?

#28 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:01 AM

He will just make new accounts, and continue scamming people. Apparently this is his form of entertainment. He doesn't care if he hurts people.

#29 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

Maybe there should be a sticky to warn players of these situations and to be careful since common sense isn't so common. I keep seeing a new thread every so often in regards to a scammer and stopping them. You can't stop anyone from finding ways to get back on even if they are banned nor can you stop someone from posting erroneous links in all chat/partychat/friend chat. But what can be done is just a simple and proper guideline that is stickied for the public to see. I understand your concern, but I think these threads are kind of pointless.

#30 AzulRain

AzulRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

If they are dumb enough to fall for it, then i say lets weed out the idiots...

#31 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

Maybe there should be a sticky to warn players of these situations and to be careful since common sense isn't so common. I keep seeing a new thread every so often in regards to a scammer and stopping them. You can't stop anyone from finding ways to get back on even if they are banned nor can you stop someone from posting erroneous links in all chat/partychat/friend chat. But what can be done is just a simple and proper guideline that is stickied for the public to see. I understand your concern, but I think these threads are kind of pointless.

Qilin made a very good and informative sticky last year. Maybe it needs to be moved to a more noticeable location?

http://forums.warppo...gettin-scammed/

#32 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

Qilin made a very good and informative sticky last year. Maybe it needs to be moved to a more noticeable location?

http://forums.warppo...gettin-scammed/

Yeah, it would probably do better in Community Chat in my opinion

#33 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia
  • Server:Best Artisan in the world

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

Tell them to do this.

Also we do not put names of people on the forums.

Then why do people call each other by their names? :p_swt:

#34 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

Then why do people call each other by their names? :p_swt:

It was meant as we do not call out people in the public, for this reason.

???? is a horrible person, no one talk to him. <--- Slander, accusing said person of something, they may or may not have done.

Hello ????, how was your day? <--- this is fine, you are not accusing anyone of anything.

#35 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

????'s a noob!

#36 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

That was why I posted. Only to let people know. Too many were fooled by this idiot. Unfortunately not that many players check the Forums but at least for those that do I posted what was going on. There are a lot of scammers with all different scams but this was the main one going on right now.

#37 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

That was why I posted. Only to let people know. Too many were fooled by this idiot. Unfortunately not that many players check the Forums but at least for those that do I posted what was going on. There are a lot of scammers with all different scams but this was the main one going on right now.

I mean.. If people were actually fooled by this idiot, then uh..
Well..
You know...

#38 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

Yeah, it would probably do better in Community Chat in my opinion

There are some Folk, who dont like too many stickied Topics in this section of Forums.
Maybe if some of the old stickies could be removed and Qilins posted in one of the empty spots it would not go bothering those users.

Edit: Made space and it's now stickied for the time being in this section.

Edited by Naughty, 26 September 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#39 ChizBooger

ChizBooger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Server:LeeYo!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:13 PM

nice new method of scamming. ;)

#40 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

I mean.. If people were actually fooled by this idiot, then uh..
Well..
You know...

Again, I see some here quickly judging others. Some of these people that get taken, are just kids. Some don't speak English as their first language. We all make mistakes, do dumb things. Try to have some sympathy for a change. One of the people taken in by this guy, is a good friend of mine. Now, I can't trust his avatar, cause the hacker may be using it.

#41 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:47 AM

I think Gravity should consider, contacting via email, all of their customers (new and old) with a link to a helpful guide. Warning them of things to not fall for and to watch out for. They could also place in the guide pro active tips on what that person can do if they do stumble on to any shenanighans.

Possibly a Quest or Ingame Event could be created, with the intent of edumacating Players.
NPC could be called Shirley Home's.
Quest could be about a naughty NPC somewhere who needs to be caught and stopped.
The players mission (if they choose to accept it) is to track down that NPC and bring them to justice, with evidence...Err maybe part of the Quest, could be teaching the new player how to take a screenshot etc.
Quest reward, a magnifying glass or a Shirley Holme's hat....Or both <3 Hey, you dont get, if you dont ask! :s

Maybe the Npc could be set up in Adventure Plains, with just a simple quiz with A/ B/ C/ as the answer would suffice.

I dont think players being scammed will ever be fully eradicated. I do believe, the number scammed can be reduced.
Reduced numbers of Players scammed = More time available behind the scenes for the Staff to get on with other issues that players are faced with.

#42 sforstun

sforstun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Locationmanila PH
  • Server:DRACC!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:54 AM

is this the guys who gives url of mediafire? then you download his app, he almost got me earlier in game, saying that he can dup things LOL, and he said he just need help from me

#43 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

is this the guys who gives url of mediafire? then you download his app, he almost got me earlier in game, saying that he can dup things LOL, and he said he just need help from me

I hope you screen shotted the conversation and submitted a ticket to the GMs.

#44 sforstun

sforstun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Locationmanila PH

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:10 AM

@ naughty even if i did i think it wont help since we are talking on our language at that time :(

#45 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

@ naughty even if i did i think it wont help since we are talking on our language at that time :(

Unless your language is an Alien language from Outer Space, Gravity would be able to translate it.

#46 sforstun

sforstun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Locationmanila PH

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:47 AM

Unless your language is an Alien language from Outer Space, Gravity would be able to translate it.

ohh didnt know that, ill try to have contact with this dude again by using a diff char, and would try to do it next time, basically like an entrapment.

#47 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

Or you can translate the messages for gravity and then they can just verify some of it. That might save some time.

Not sure what is the best idea to stop these people, but it is obviously not just at Gravity games. This type of behavoir is just getting worse and worse. You would hope that more people are aware of these things but there are some that are not obviously. I agree with your ideas Naughty. Either the email and/or quest might be helpful. I wish more people would come to the forums but......yeah.

I think if we just keep submitting tickets as fast as we can and post warnings on forums it helps some.

#48 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

The best way to stop these people?

Common sense.

You can report and ban the same guy, but he can always make new accounts. You can IP ban him but he could still use a proxy. Even if you could shut down his cheap website he could always make a new one if he's persistent.

If it's too good to be true it probably is.

Edited by Phish, 27 September 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#49 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

I think Gravity should consider, contacting via email, all of their customers (new and old) with a link to a helpful guide. Warning them of things to not fall for and to watch out for. They could also place in the guide pro active tips on what that person can do if they do stumble on to any shenanighans.

Possibly a Quest or Ingame Event could be created, with the intent of edumacating Players.
NPC could be called Shirley Home's.
Quest could be about a naughty NPC somewhere who needs to be caught and stopped.
The players mission (if they choose to accept it) is to track down that NPC and bring them to justice, with evidence...Err maybe part of the Quest, could be teaching the new player how to take a screenshot etc.
Quest reward, a magnifying glass or a Shirley Holme's hat....Or both <3 Hey, you dont get, if you dont ask! :s

Maybe the Npc could be set up in Adventure Plains, with just a simple quiz with A/ B/ C/ as the answer would suffice.

I dont think players being scammed will ever be fully eradicated. I do believe, the number scammed can be reduced.
Reduced numbers of Players scammed = More time available behind the scenes for the Staff to get on with other issues that players are faced with.

I love these ideas! They would definitely reduce the number the people that get taken in by these guys.

#50 KyoDVenemousCell

KyoDVenemousCell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

that fake bubu keep forcing me to join the pvp tournament. how fool~ xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users