[2012 Halloween Quest Guide] *Updated* - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

[2012 Halloween Quest Guide] *Updated*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
164 replies to this topic

#76 Alucard777

Alucard777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

The zombies wander beyond the barricades. We are only 4 persons in the room. As there are zombies spawning in the areas beyond the barricades, no way the barricades is down. We are struck till the whole group was kicked out of the room. Erm, i forgot to take screenshots. Maybe i just one of unlucky ones. I will try again tmr.
@ sonicrain: we didn't get to see any Dark lord or dark illusions. We are struck in the first wave of mobs.

#77 esum

esum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

Error'd out right when the monsters spawned. Can't get back in instance. This is definitely before Dark Lord spawned. Being able to get back in the instance isn't working on Classic.

Edited by esum, 19 October 2012 - 08:18 AM.

#78 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

After reading all, I guess I'm gonna wait until its safe in classic, meanwhile going to make it on valk...

#79 PokemonSnap

PokemonSnap

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Cleared everything....no Dark Lord spawn...how nice. Any word on this and if it's a known bug? Valk server here.

#80 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Cleared everything....no Dark Lord spawn...how nice. Any word on this and if it's a known bug? Valk server here.

Did you get a dark illusion instead?

#81 PokemonSnap

PokemonSnap

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

We got nothing. Killed all the little mobs however.

EDIT: I personally didnt see an illusion and I was the main killer.

Edited by Caterpie69, 19 October 2012 - 10:46 AM.

#82 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Yeah there seems to be a bug for smaller groups - the ones where DI is supposed to spawn.

By the way, what are the intervals between each instance? I feel like it's 2 hours since a team goes in, or is it 2 hours after the instance is completed and everyone leaves the instance?

#83 Chickabownow

Chickabownow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

I'm in the same party, no Illusions or MvP. Jorge Gnomero won't give a reward or let anyone out either, so I think its safe to assume the quest is incomplete and stuck at this point

#84 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

The zombies wander beyond the barricades. We are only 4 persons in the room. As there are zombies spawning in the areas beyond the barricades, no way the barricades is down. We are struck till the whole group was kicked out of the room. Erm, i forgot to take screenshots. Maybe i just one of unlucky ones. I will try again tmr.
@ sonicrain: we didn't get to see any Dark lord or dark illusions. We are struck in the first wave of mobs.

There are two different spawns types in each room.

There is a global spawn of zombies that spawns everywhere on the map. Then there are the key monsters that need to be killed. Wander around the whole area and kill all the monsters in your area to unlock the next area.

#85 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

yeah the times fro the instance to reset seem way longer than 15 mins... i timed it last night while watching tv...watched a whole episode of Elementary before the instance opened again...

#86 PokemonSnap

PokemonSnap

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

I did 10+ laps of the entire dungeon, believe me everything was killed. There was nothing left to do at all.

#87 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2393 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

I want to share my experience on this event from last night. I think the difficulty depends on how many chars inside. Coz i solo'd the quest and it was piece of cake. That was the second time i did it. The first time was hard coz we are like 10 people inside.

#88 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

It calculates a difficulty rating depending on the number of people running the instance, and scales the strength of the end monsters and reward exp based on that.

#89 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

are the hats tradeable and if not will they be in the future?

#90 SonicRain

SonicRain

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

I personally didn't have any problems doing it today with 3 different characters they all worked out fine we went in with a bunch of players and killed dark lord as normal.

Some people appear to be having problems though, exp loss is still there and you cannot go back inside if you disconnect.

Edited by SonicRain, 19 October 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#91 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

EXP loss will be removed next tuesday, we were not able to remove that attribute from the map and avoid doing a full maintenance Thursday.

#92 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

This quest still pretty much sucks, if a bunch of low level noobs come in we get the MvP and no one can actually do anything but die. I keep wasting my time.

Edited by Ambur, 19 October 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#93 Pintglass

Pintglass

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

My group of 3 killed the DL and nothing happened. Jorge is still saying the same thing. I tried to relog to see if it would fix it, and now I am back in normal Geff with the quest still there :-(

#94 Onis

Onis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

This quest still pretty much sucks, if a bunch of low level noobs come in we get the MvP and no one can actually do anything but die. I keep wasting my time.

This, pretty much. >_> We got a group of 5-7 people (few dualing), and since there wasn't really a lot of people we figured we were enough for DI. What we didn't count in was the 5 lowbies hiding in corners and boom, hello DL.
This happens way too often . . .

Please raise the party requirement for DL to 20 or more. >_>

#95 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

We ended up getting dark lord in our 2nd run because a bunch of other people were sitting there waiting for us to go in @_@ Thankfully we had 2 people that were able to kill it. It was kinda fun but I can see where it'd be annoying if you had a party and expected the dark illusions, and ended up getting dark lord and wiped.

Thanks for the guide by the way! Although I still had trouble with the maze, but I'm just not good at mazes and I have a hard time with directions even when there is pictures hahaha!!

#96 Lecreuset

Lecreuset

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

I thought it was patched so that when you get Disconnected inside you'd be able to come back? It happened to me just now and when I went back to talk to George I recieved the 8 hour cooldown while my friends were still inside, he said geffen is safe for now and I did not get a hat nor have they finished or even started the event yet

the announcement that he is still recruiting people for the defense is also still going

Edited by Lecreuset, 20 October 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#97 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

I thought it was patched so that when you get Disconnected inside you'd be able to come back? It happened to me just now and when I went back to talk to George I recieved the 8 hour cooldown while my friends were still inside, he said geffen is safe for now and I did not get a hat nor have they finished or even started the event yet

the announcement that he is still recruiting people for the defense is also still going

It's not working. You get the timer and can't go back in.

#98 DNAnimeLover

DNAnimeLover

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:yggdrasil

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Is there anyway of getting back into the maze part after you have done it?

#99 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

i need to get in the maze too. my internet thought it would be a grand idea to kick me off while being in the maze.

how do i get back in?

edit: nvm just had to talk to one of those shadows again.

Edited by Agahim, 21 October 2012 - 09:48 AM.

#100 SonicRain

SonicRain

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

Yes, if you were in the maze and need to get back in it then talk to the dark matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users