[Classic] Loki Patch notes Oct 23 onward! - Page 4 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Classic] Loki Patch notes Oct 23 onward!

• Please log in to reply
821 replies to this topic

#76 Onis

Onis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

October 25 Late night maintenance to not interfere so much with your playtime.
For the period of 10/25 ~ 10/30 we will keep the 1.5x exp/drop inplace and have VIP active. On Tuesday if we decide it is working properly we will remove the default 1.5x; and make the server 1x with VIP doing 1.5x. This is possible to change, but we want to manage expectations so that he worst case is what you know about already.%

uh. Not funny. You (/some gm) told a month or two ago that the VIP will probably never work and people should just suck it up, so I ended up with 5~ accounts, each having their own chara at level 80-90, and I play pretty much all of them actively, with their own kafra headgears, equips, etc.
What do you want me to do, pay 30$ a month to get the exp rates? No thanks. I'll quit if this happens because it's simply not an option to start them all over again or pay that much in a month. If you had said FROM THE BEGINNING that he VIP will come, I could have planned my characters in that fashion. >_>

Now I just feel that I wasted 3 months of my life. ffs.

Edit:
VIP is an ancient thing from the past, something that shouldn't exist on a server that is this heavily based on kafra stuff. It just makes no sense. Back in the days we'd pay 12$ to cover the server upkeeping and that was all there was to it.
Currently you can't really even get a party without a rudra, there's a whole lot of headgears you can't gain without spending $$$ to them and people will think you're dumb for not having kafra yddgrasils, gwings, etc. It's rare to hear anyone even using normal eluniums for over +6's.

Just make it either/or. Don't make us pay for a monthly just so that we can keep up with the rest of the server. Or if you make it monthly, remove the kafra shop completely.

Edit2:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Edited by Onis, 26 October 2012 - 12:55 AM.

#77 BennGuillotin

BennGuillotin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

If 225% exp/drops seems too much, why not just make Normal be 1.5x and VIP be 2x?

I have to agree with this. Keep normal rates to 1.5x and either reduce monster exp from Thors or reduce the VIP To just 200%. If you are so concerned about long-term viability.

#78 QtThePie

QtThePie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

honestly not having permanent character slots is kinda forcing us to either always pay a monthly fee or not play more than 3 characters. I don't see how this is pro business.. if most players are like me then they will probably just choose not to play extra characters and then get bored of the game faster and move on to other games o_O

the experienece rate i don't mind so much, i am in no hurry to cap my level anyways

please, consider making character slots and storage space 1 time vip unlocks, or even a KP purchase, i don't mind as long as it's permanent

#79 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

i asked the GM when they were going to "fix it"(having the same feature as renewal with character slots) but didn't got a real response about it so i guess it's going to stay like this for a while

well i know it's impossible but at least hoping a service for changing character of the same WP account so you can have the ones you're going to actively use on 1-2 accounts so you dont have to pay for 4-5 accounts only for exp/drop boost after that feature of vip get "fixed"

#80 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

Like I wrote earlier, I'm not closing down the possibility of leaving default at 150% it is just something the team here needs to discuss in better detail before we make a somewhat permanent decision. This decision will incur a lot heavier effects when TKMs enter the game and places like Thors are available. The time balance between those that Thored vs those that grinded will only be further expanded by 225% w VIP. From a busines standpoint it is much better to keep players engaged on a character for a longer period of time rather than too easy giving level cap away. I know talking business in a game discussion is distasteful but we do have to be mindful of those effects so we have a Ragnarok to login to years from now rather than short term smiles and then nothing. We want you to be engaged longer, AND be having fun while doing it.

Well in regards to TKMing, you have to balance it with another question, I think. That question being "Should players be rewarded for acquiring rare ingame items?"

Ok lets be honest here, my last experiences with pre-renewal RO levelling involved a few MVP cards, miniboss cards and god items.
What do I want to do now? Get a drac card for a TKM book and be rewarded with mountains of EXP for doing so. The worst thing in renewal was when the game changed to renewal and allthose hard earned items weren't worth a fraction of their previous value. If I get an MVP cards, I deserve to be rewarded for it and a LOT of MVP cards are PVM.

This form of cheese levelling is something that players will work towards. Because this allows groups of players to draw in extra players who don't have time for levelling (even now I've made spare chars for my friends who work full time to play during WoE) - Being able to level characters solo rather than in groups at a reasonable pace keeps those players with less time but the most attachment playing. There is space for both, but this sort of solo high risk high reward gameplay made viable by items that take a long time to acquire doesn't exist in renewal. I know I'm not alone when I say that part of the reason I came to classic was the ability to cheese level.

Whatever happens, people will always leech things. I was leeching stuff in CTHO for ~8mil/hour a couple weeks ago. Antonio card OP.
Back in the day I could leech things in nameless 3 for 20~50m/hour depending on whether I was using Gwings, BMs, how good the wiz was, etc. Icepick allowed me to hit 30m/hr on a pure PVM *ASSASSIN* (notice, not sinx) in ice titans w/o god items.
Even if you remove the TKM, there will be other ways and people WILL find them.

The time balance thing works in reverse too. Look at the start of classic and the descrepancy in levels between those who had time to hardcore level and those who played semi casually. I'd assume that was part of the reason WoE was delayed (if not, shame on you).

The final thing I want to say related to that is that remember this server is made mostly of an aging playerbase. With school, work, family, etc. Getting MVP gears and the like could probably be the draw to playing longer, whereas levelling will always happen as a means to compete with eachother no matter what speed it is! I think the long term viability of classic relies more on item gaining than levelling speed. Lowering it will just serve as a deterrant.

/speech

#81 afterbreeze

afterbreeze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

Please keep the 150% exp rate on top of VIP bonus. -_- your playerbase in the ass is not the way to go.

#82 aying24

aying24

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

ok i'm confuse now..what is the classic server rate now?! i mean after late night maintenance?! is it 150% or 100% do i have to go VIP to be able to get more exp or what?! please answer me before i start lvling again heh thank you

#83 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

At first I was like "yay, VIP finally". Then I saw VIP was not more exp, but 'pay for what you had already' and I was like, not worth it, and decided to wait for final decision.

If you leave the 1.5x as default, then VIP is a bonus and is worth paying for.
If you change to 1x then non VIP is a punishment and VIP is not something nice, but something forced into players.

I don't think player attachment and reaching max level is a concern here. Many of us had several charas at max level since years ago and keep playing because RO is fun. Much more players quit because leveling is too slow, than because they reached max level.

Edited by Kadnya, 26 October 2012 - 06:18 AM.

#84 Khabal

Khabal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Server:Classic / Valk / Chaos

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

Well said, Kadnya. Classic RO was all about the gear, something that became obsolete in Renewal. The ability to pay for a little higher drop rate will probably attract more attention then having to get VIP for the rate that we are already enjoying.

#85 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

pretty much, if you bring the rates down only to have vip back to what it is now then you need a new group of ppl to brainstorm with

#86 TruffleWaffle

TruffleWaffle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

100% base exp/drop please, this game is not grindy enough. ill keep on clicking till i got carple tunnel

#87 TruffleWaffle

TruffleWaffle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

At first I was like "yay, VIP finally". Then I saw VIP was not more exp, but 'pay for what you had already' and I was like, not worth it, and decided to wait for final decision.

If you change to 1x then non VIP is a punishment and VIP is not something nice, but something forced into players.

I don't think player attachment and reaching max level is a concern here. Many of us had several charas at max level since years ago and keep playing because RO is fun. Much more players quit because leveling is too slow, than because they reached max level.

its working as intended, they wanna get us addicted to 1.5 exp than take it away and give an "option" to pay for it.

#88 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

I don't think the 1.0x default exp/drop rate would be too bad.

#89 esum

esum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

I think 1.5x for Normal and 2x for VIP is a good middle ground.

#90 YesFromTheMovie

YesFromTheMovie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Server:ClassicRO

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

1.5x for normal and 2x for vip would be great.
Also, nerfing kasa's exp would make mastersmiths and snipers suffer y-y

#91 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

Can't there just be a way to make it where only non-TKMs can get in Thors if that's really the only issue? Thanatos Tower blocks out Trans classes, for instance, so the game is able to distinguish between classes.

#92 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

Can't there just be a way to make it where only non-TKMs can get in Thors if that's really the only issue? Thanatos Tower blocks out Trans classes, for instance, so the game is able to distinguish between classes.

Can't part of the nameless island pre reqs requires people to go in there.

#93 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

I enjoyed TKMing, I would not like thor TKMing to be taken out of my gameplay.

#94 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

I enjoyed TKMing, I would not like thor TKMing to be taken out of my gameplay.

That's unfortunate but I think more people wouldn't like if they had to pay 10$ a month for VIP to keep the same rates they've had for four months...

#95 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Paying to just keep what we have now is pretty unsavoury, yes. But a lot of these power levelling aspects are why people chose classic over renewal.

#96 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

Heat training is also limited to some days not to mention a huge zeny sink. Blue gems,Gear,Mvp cards,Mini boss cards, Armor cards"Pasana, Angeling, Others",Shield cards "Race or Alice", Not to mention the 350 whites every Few min*

Edited by HikariYari, 26 October 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#97 Asari

Asari

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

^this

You have to consider that the number of players dropped to half already since Classic started. And now you expect us to pay to keep current leveling speed up? Lol. If you do this, I'm outta here.
Keep VIP as a bonus, it will motivate a good amount of players to come back.

Edited by Asari, 26 October 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#98 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

That's unfortunate but I think more people wouldn't like if they had to pay 10$ a month for VIP to keep the same rates they've had for four months...

I don't see why it has to be either or.

#99 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Paying to just keep what we have now is pretty unsavoury, yes. But a lot of these power levelling aspects are why people chose classic over renewal.

Isn't easy leveling why people like Classic over Renewal because Renewal is "too easy"...?

@Hrishi: You're right, it shouldn't be. This is the hand Classic players are being dealt, though.

Edited by MrTyranitar, 26 October 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#100 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

Heat training is also limited to some days not to mention a huge zeny sink. Blue gems,Gear,Mvp cards,Mini boss cards, Armor cards"Pasana, Angeling, Others",Shield cards "Race or Alice", Not to mention the 350 whites every Few min*

Doesn't matter, you can heat anywhere/any day if you proc miracle. Also, it was a good zeny sink till they added reflect to kasa skill list. Afterwards TKM-ing got less popular and it was limited to really well geared ones with efficient slave support(s).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users