A Battle Archbishop Guide - Page 19 - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 14 votes

A Battle Archbishop Guide

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

#451 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:07 PM

ROlf Von effect wears off if you switch the hat, works for all weapons though

#452 RagnarokAddict

RagnarokAddict

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:19 PM

Thorny and Bison is a nice combo, but I think a Mad Bunny shield would be better nowadays. It's just a shame Odin's Power duration is so short so you have to keep shield switching if you wanna use both. :p_sad:

I just looked on Mad Bunny, and I was surprised. The Mad Bunny[0] has +3 ASPD to remove the ASPD penalty of using shield then I can use better accessory. But, I noticed it doesn't have Def. I just have to save a LOT of money to buy +12 for the crit bonus.  :sob:  I will probably just do the switching also.  

I like Enchanted Peach Tree card, so I do have a Bible of Promise with one in. Hodremlin is a popular general shield card.

I won't be able to use Enchanted Peach Tree card if I use Mad Bunny. I really want this because I use Lady Solace Encyclopedia. The HP cost of grand cross still hurts even if I have Robe of affection. Well, I will just deal with that when I have Mad Bunny. :)

iROWiki says Adrenaline Rush is for Axe or Mace so I'm guessing not:
http://irowiki.org/w...Adrenaline_Rush

So, I used my last money to buy Rofl von Gigue and the AR worked on books, and I hope they won't change that. I saw that AR worked on bare hands and dagger on youtube so I just had to gamble and it paid off.  :heh:  Now, it's time to sell my Mercury Riser for Mad Bunny.

AB%20AR%20Book.png

#453 RagnarokAddict

RagnarokAddict

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:33 PM

Ah cool. Is it the same for the one RagnarokAddict mentioned?

http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/18832/

Nope, this is the musketeer hat: http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/5469/

I think the Rofl von Gigue is better since it activates while attacking rather than being attacked, which is the case for musketeer hat. And it is lvl2. 

ROlf Von effect wears off if you switch the hat, works for all weapons though

Yeah, I guess I just have to stick with it since I won't have any source of AR. I read here that AR scrolls do not affect books, does it?

#454 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:10 PM

I just looked on Mad Bunny, and I was surprised. The Mad Bunny[0] has +3 ASPD to remove the ASPD penalty of using shield then I can use better accessory. But, I noticed it doesn't have Def. I just have to save a LOT of money to buy +12 for the crit bonus.  :sob:  I will probably just do the switching also. 

The slotted version of Mad Bunny loses the ASPD bonus but I'd check how your ASPD will pan out with Cenere card, temporal boots, +9 heroic backpack and enchants (e.g. ASPD+1 costume garment whenever you can afford one). You may find that you can hit 193 ASPD at max level without the ASPD bonus of the unslotted version. I'd also see if you can do that without AR before writing off the Mercury Riser since it adds Crit

And yeah I'd love a +12, shame it's so expensive. Right now I'm focusing on making zeny with other characters so I can invest in such stuff for my battle AB. :rice:

Nope, this is the musketeer hat: http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/5469/

I think the Rofl von Gigue is better since it activates while attacking rather than being attacked, which is the case for musketeer hat. And it is lvl2.

Ah I know, I was more asking if it is the same regarding which weapons it affects, which CadburyCholocate kindly answered. :thx:

Yeah Battle ABs generally have high AGI so "when hit" stuff isn't ideal, that's cool it activates when attacking.
I like using Snake Head for Double Attack but it's not good for Crit builds.

Edited by soudou, 01 November 2016 - 11:14 PM.

#455 RagnarokAddict

RagnarokAddict

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:33 AM

The slotted version of Mad Bunny loses the ASPD bonus but I'd check how your ASPD will pan out with Cenere card, temporal boots, +9 heroic backpack and enchants (e.g. ASPD+1 costume garment whenever you can afford one). You may find that you can hit 193 ASPD at max level without the ASPD bonus of the unslotted version. I'd also see if you can do that without AR before writing off the Mercury Riser since it adds Crit

Do you know any Stats Calculator? the iRO calculator seems to be a little outdated. It does not have cards like Cenere. I also saw the new version of the iRO Calc(http://calc.irowiki.org/newcalc/), but there are no cards yet and the effects from refinement do not reflect. I might also sell my Temporal agi boots with Speed of Light, I realized I won't need the proc for 193 ASPD.  :heh:

And yeah I'd love a +12, shame it's so expensive. Right now I'm focusing on making zeny with other characters so I can invest in such stuff for my battle AB.  :rice:

Yeah, +12 is so expensive. I'm also saving money for that, but if Enriched Hammer Event activates again, maybe I'll try upgrading it myself. 

#456 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:38 AM

I'm trying to make a battle AB but still confused if w/c is better, mainly Autocast or critical? mainly torn on if I will be using WDEH or zaha doll? can somebody help me decide?

#457 RagnarokAddict

RagnarokAddict

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:38 AM

I'm trying to make a battle AB but still confused if w/c is better, mainly Autocast or critical? mainly torn on if I will be using WDEH or zaha doll? can somebody help me decide?

They said that str/dex AB is stronger. But personally, I really like crit type AB. But it is really fun to watch autocast AB. So, I combined Crit and Autocast, I think it's weaker mainly because of the weapon choice. I am stuck with Encyclopedia for the MATK and Crit. It has lower ATK and MATK compared to Veteran Hammer(for Crit) and Mace of Judgement(For Autocast) but I'm pretty satisfied with it. It really depends on what you want. Sorry, I cannot help you with the headgear stuff. I'm still learning which equips to use but I might use my Mercury Riser for the ASPD and Crit.

#458 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:06 AM

Do you know any Stats Calculator? the iRO calculator seems to be a little outdated. It does not have cards like Cenere. I also saw the new version of the iRO Calc(http://calc.irowiki.org/newcalc/), but there are no cards yet and the effects from refinement do not reflect.

Yeah sadly I don't know of a fully updated calc for iRO right now.
I dunno if you can do it on the new calc but on the old iROWiki Calc there's boxes for ASPD (e.g. +1, +2) and ASPD % under "Additional Enchants".
I'd add up how much extra ASPD things like Cenere Card would add and manually put it in there to get an idea.

http://calc.irowiki.org/

Edited by soudou, 03 November 2016 - 09:06 AM.

#459 RagnarokAddict

RagnarokAddict

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:11 PM

Yeah sadly I don't know of a fully updated calc for iRO right now.
I dunno if you can do it on the new calc but on the old iROWiki Calc there's boxes for ASPD (e.g. +1, +2) and ASPD % under "Additional Enchants".
I'd add up how much extra ASPD things like Cenere Card would add and manually put it in there to get an idea.

http://calc.irowiki.org/

I tried that. I was able to attain 193 ASPD without AR but I have to use the Mad Bunny[0] if I want to use shield. I really just have to wait for the Enriched Hammer to upgrade my equips and level up.  :heh:

#460 elmer0224

elmer0224

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:47 AM

This is a very useful guide. Thanks for sharing :)

#461 NormalPeople

NormalPeople

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor /Chaos, mostly Thor

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:04 PM

just curious

for autocast build,is evilspirit glove is better than ring of flame lord now ?

cause,you know,physic wave

#462 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

just curious

for autocast build,is evilspirit glove is better than ring of flame lord now ?

cause,you know,physic wave

enjoying my psychic wave doing 13k per hit on my battle AB when runaway magic proc. this is the biggest number of autocasted skill i've seen so far (sorry gfist is not included).

#463 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:23 AM

Battle Arch Bishop VS Fenrir! :)

#464 elmer0224

elmer0224

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:18 AM

I saw this awesome battle priest at the lower Gramps a few days ago. She's wielding a book, attacks very fast and wears a CD in mouth. I guess I heard her say "she's testing". I wonder if she's posting on this thread :)

I saw her on Thor server. She's inspiring :)

#465 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:31 PM

Battle Arch Bishop VS Fenrir! :)

what a beast, coupled by monstrous equipment, stats and buffs as well

#466 elmer0224

elmer0224

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:07 AM

Wow... all the possible buffs/foods in Midgard are on her screen :)

#467 TheUnlimited

TheUnlimited

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:51 PM

Got my Rolf Von Gigue hat today.  The proc rate seems a bit on the low side even with Bapho Jr. at my side.  At 188 ASPD, it was barely enough to keep itself up; it would still fall off sometimes.  I hope that at 190-191 the additional hits will make it stay up reliably.  Maybe when Bapho's Loyal it'll be a little more reliable (does that combo even work?).  Oh how I wish we could use Awakes and Zerks.  It is nice not having to GET hit to proc AR, though.

Currently working toward a Crit-Cast build because Encyclopedias are cheap and I'm interested in the Revised combo for having both a carded shield and an ASPD bonus to help compensate for the loss.  I'm curious about when to best make use of my HBP, though. It's +9, carded 15 Flee/Resist.  Which stats should I push to 90 for bonuses, after Agi?  Luck or Int?  I'm not sure if the MATK or Critical bonus will be of the most use first.

Until the HBP becomes useful, I have a selection of carded Dragon Vests and a +9 Dragon Manteau with another 15 Flee/Resist carded into it.

Also, A.RoFL + A.RoR or A.RoFL + Kobold Bradium Brooch?  Occult Impaction 5 sounds like a nice thing to have on Autocast!

#468 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:04 PM

Got my Rolf Von Gigue hat today.  The proc rate seems a bit on the low side even with Bapho Jr. at my side.  At 188 ASPD, it was barely enough to keep itself up; it would still fall off sometimes.  I hope that at 190-191 the additional hits will make it stay up reliably.  Maybe when Bapho's Loyal it'll be a little more reliable (does that combo even work?).  Oh how I wish we could use Awakes and Zerks.  It is nice not having to GET hit to proc AR, though.

I tried the Rolf Von Gigue hat out for a while and couldn't see any difference between the proc rate with no Bapho Jr. and the proc rate with loyal Bapho Jr.

#469 TheUnlimited

TheUnlimited

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

I tried the Rolf Von Gigue hat out for a while and couldn't see any difference between the proc rate with no Bapho Jr. and the proc rate with loyal Bapho Jr.

I was afraid that might be the case.  It's such a strange combo I was wondering if it worked.  Though it's also possible the increase is so marginal that it goes unnoticed.

Re-stat is always an option if it doesn't work out, but it'd be nice if I can get my base ASPD high enough that it's reliably on so that the Encyclopedia combo is on the table.  Especially since I just bought the Revised Encyclopedia.  :ani_swt3:

EDIT:  After playing with the hat a bit more, and testing it out on the eggs, I'm starting to think the proc chance is somewhere in the realm of ~0.3 to ~0.5%.  I'm still a HP, so I that's purely autos.  I don't know if it can trigger off of Duple yet.

Edited by TheUnlimited, 02 February 2017 - 07:08 AM.

#470 TheUnlimited

TheUnlimited

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:10 AM

I hate to double-post, but the topic has been quiet for a few weeks.

Has anyone here had an opportunity to try 2x Faithful Manager Cards in a +14/15 Crimson Bible, Encyclopedia, Principles of Magic, or Ledger of Death?  +90 ATK/MATK would be a massive boost to these weapons that would close the gap with the Empowered Mace, at least for base stats.

The Crimson Bible receives a tremendous ATK bonus of its own.  The Encyclopedia has a significant crit bonus even without Base Luk (and Revised combo for more Crit + ASPD).  Principles has a whopping 160 MATK, only 20 short of the base MATK on Empowered Mace.  And the Ledger, while lower in overall stats, is Level 4, enchantable, and provides an ASPD bonus without a combo dependency.  All four are also dirt-cheap.

I have seen some Double Librarian items for sale on Ragial, and thought maybe some of the veteran battle priests in this thread were the ones playing with them.  It'd be interesting to know how they hold up against the Empowered Mace and Veteran Hammer!

#471 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:59 PM

Please make this alt, gotta love my alt Mecha+Doram in future lol (that ASPD is without AR+120 base AGI). Didn't use my battle gear too (Heart Set, Snake Hat, etc)

http://imgur.com/ncP1tTL

Edited by Exvee, 11 February 2017 - 08:00 PM.

#472 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:13 PM

Testing official server now. Doram+Smith slaves are good for mid-game before you gearing so 190 ASPD is easy. I tested end game on Eclage field+tower (impractical for those can use quagmire) but this is just for filler hunt... 120 pure AGI+more aspd gears can negate slaves later...

I'm not pure battle so I'm good enough (switching Judgement set = Adoramus time, switching Healing gears = support time).

http://imgur.com/BVVmXdB

Edited by Exvee, 16 February 2017 - 11:14 PM.

#473 TheUnlimited

TheUnlimited

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:15 AM

I finally got my hands on some Talaria Shoes, now that the price has settled.  They should be a good replacement for Black Leather Boots, with the trade of 1 AGI for a whopping flat 1 ASPD.

They're still slotted though, so I'm wondering what to put in them.  Odium for 2~4 AGI (I can +7 them now, but I won't +9 until the next Enriched Hammer) or Matyr for +1 Agi and 10% HP.  I'm not sure which to use.  :hmm:

Hopefully the RNGods smile on me in the next day or so while I attempt to +14 an Encyclopedia and Ledger of Death.  I've given up on Principles, and the Crimson Bible is not very good.

#474 Zauberkugel

Zauberkugel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:41 PM

Hi! Small question but is Empowered Mace of Judgement still a good weapon for battle AB?

Also, I want to ask if overupgraded Valkyrie Mace and Crimson Mace is any good.

#475 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

If you considering many autocast gear involved then Emp. Mace still good for endgame Battle AB mace

Valkyrie hammer can be good substitute to emp. mace too for playing battle priest at early level with autocast gear involvement

If you only rely on physical autoattack then robot's arm is better as endgame mace

crimson mace can act as its substitute for playing battle priest that rely more on physical damage at early level

Edited by Casval17, 05 April 2017 - 10:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users