A Battle Archbishop Guide - Page 8 - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 14 votes

A Battle Archbishop Guide

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

#176 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

don't put rubbish in it.
since malangdo enchants are available , a slotted spike actually has the potential to be a valuable weapon again. i'm thinking of something like fighting spirit5/atkspd +1, or sharp4/ atkspd +1. keep in mind a spike is weapon lvl 4, so it gets a better upgrading bonus than a veteran hammer.
sure a veteran hammer will in all cases have quite a bit more attack, but the spike will have 20-30% more crit and +1 flat attackspeed, which is incredibly useful to us.

enchant it good and treat it like a valuable weapon, meaning same card choices as veteran hammer. aunoe, the paper, mobster.

#177 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

Okay I won't be so mean to my Spike. but i am poor after making a +7HBP. I'd prefer Aunoe and Mobster but alas 100mil I have not.
Also, what quest give me coins, I've only done the meet the kitty captain one?

#178 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

i don't know such things by heart, just check iro wiki for that. however, if you want high grade coins you'd be doing those quests forever, it's simpler to buy the silvervine fruits from the cash-shop. they're fairly cheap. even if you buy them from players, a box is "only" around 5million zeny. converting the fruits to A-class coins, depending on your luck and the modifier of the spike (2), i'd guess a box provides about 3-5 enchanting attempts with A-grade coins.

and yes, battle bishops are expensive to equip. just be patient and save money. it took me forever to get decent gear for mine too.

Edited by Agahim, 19 March 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#179 Ginko1

Ginko1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Server:Iro Renewel

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

Just wondering what could be better i have a +7 lukango and a +7 ledger of death

i have enough to get lady solace and others in it....

thanks in advance

#180 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

actually, i'd save the lady solace card for an empowered mace of judgement, or if you can't afford it, a normal mace of judgement would still be a better choice than the two weapons you named.

apart from the card concern what weapon is better depends on your build, generall i'd say the lunakaligo is a bit better than the ledger of death.

#181 Elfly

Elfly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Server:MOTR

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

Guys, RO server where i playing, limited in weapon refines and cool equips. And no Mora here yet. Today i bough hat which wanted to get long time ago (it was from old event i think). Before, i used Mitra +5 with Vanberk card. What do you think, is the reason to keep it or change to another?
Posted Image

#182 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

+2 dex and +5% atkspd is quite alright. for the current setup you have, a musketeer hat would be best. otherwise chick hat/snake head.
as i said several times before i can't help people from foreign servers much as i don't know what's available to them.

Edited by Agahim, 05 April 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#183 Elfly

Elfly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

i remember. but no musketeer and snake hat on this server :( just chick for double attacks. but with this hat i thinked to use sidewinder hat as alternative

#184 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

what's a sidewinder hat?

#185 Elfly

Elfly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Not hat, sidewinder card to weapon ^_^ Sorry...

#186 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

that's not a good plan. for weapons there are better cards to put in, in order to increase your damage output.
you don't use chick hat just to get double attack because it's cool, you use chick hat because the double attack it provides increases your damage output better than other hat choices.

however the magic rabbit hat is quite alright. just not as good as a chick hat would be.

#187 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

sidewinder lv 1, it's a joke card really. Only good when chick hat is not in-game yet...

#188 Elfly

Elfly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

sidewinder lv 1, it's a joke card really. Only good when chick hat is not in-game yet...

Chick comparing with snake is nothing :P and if you saw my current hat, can you say what chick MUCH better? well, sidewinder card still useful for shadow chasers anyway. and right now i trying to fight without double attack at all, and it normal yet.

#189 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:02 AM

anyone had the opportunity to fiddle around with the new bloody cross yet? if so, it would be nice if someone could share some experiences.

Posted Image

A mace in the shape of a blood red cross infused with dark power. It's blood red color makes you feel uneasy.
When dealing melee physical damage, has a chance to autospell Hell Inferno Lv1.
Increased refine rate increases the chance of activation.

Type: Mace
Attack: 170
Weight: 150
Weapon Level: 4
Property: Darkness / Shadow
Req Level: 100
Class: Acolyte / Priest / Monk

so it's basically a mace with good attack (also weapon level 4 for max upgrade bonus) and a warlock skill proc that causes burning status effect. mace is dark elemental but that can surely be overwritten with aspersio or endows.

Edited by Agahim, 16 April 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#190 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

It's just lack matk, which I still prefer judgement mace. But I never test it even when it's available on sakray. Nothing interesting beside burn... Also bad for count quest or mvp, if monster die with burn last hit you don't get mvp reward and monster count...

#191 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

no i don't think it can compete with the judgement mace either, probably hardly with a properly carded carga mace. i'd still like to know if anyone does have experiences with the mace, though. depending on how often the proc activates and how much average damage it does, it might be useful after all.

#192 KaneBlueriver

KaneBlueriver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Awesome topic. I've been out for over a year and I completely forgot how to use my Battle AB. Judging from this topic, I need one of those CDs and Heroic Backpack. Dayum they're expensive!

Edit:

Alrighty. Got me one of those CD in Mouth. LMAO

Edited by KaneBlueriver, 25 April 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#193 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

thanks for posting the video, always glad to see people contributing.
getting a CD in mouth is the smartest thing you can do for a battle archbishop. getting the backpack, the second smartest, so you're on a good way.
i'd get a good encyclopedia (if you plan to stick to books) instead of the sage diary since it'll give you 38 more crit (with 90 luck) and still okay attack and magic attack. also since you got a CD and a ring of flame lord, don't wear stygian manteaus anymore, it's a waste. next target should be a backpack and then card it with something more useful like raydric, orc baby or green maiden.

Edited by Agahim, 26 April 2013 - 03:07 AM.

#194 KaneBlueriver

KaneBlueriver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

I have a +11 Encyclopedia with Skel Worker Card & the paper Card. Generally I use that more often now that I think about it. I also have a +12 Encyclopedia with empty carded which I have no clue what card to add for now.

But yeah, I think my next goal is try to get the Heroic Backpack and slowly change my other armors to the ones suggested here.

And thank you for making this topic. Not many people take the path of a Battle Priest.

#195 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

put two aunoe cards in the +12 encyclopedia, that would be the perfect weapon then. unfortunately aunoe cards are expensive too, but they're worth it.

and thanks for the compliments.

#196 KaneBlueriver

KaneBlueriver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

put two aunoe cards in the +12 encyclopedia, that would be the perfect weapon then. unfortunately aunoe cards are expensive too, but they're worth it.

and thanks for the compliments.

Sounds perfect! Guess it's time for me to collect zeny. ^_^;;

#197 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

Quick question, is the Vanberk Card proc chance really as bad as 0.2% or 0.01% or any of the other numbers I've heard around it? or is it much higher. If someone could compare it to CD in Mouth Rates that's something with a Proc I've used quite a bit that would be really helpful. I really couldn't find any good information on it but it seems like they get used on Battle AB's a lot so I thought i'd ask here. I also really wanted to ask do you have to actually hit with it to proc or can it work on a miss? and can it proc if you get a crit rather than a regular hit?

In a video I saw it looks great but it's usually someone max level who didn't get enough hit or crit to perfectly hit and needed something like this to fight high level monsters.

But i'd love to know a bit more about the Card whilst you are levelling and don't have things like 120 AGI,193 ASPD or your max DEX and Hit for your build to proc it so fast (if you need to hit to proc it) so that's why I asked :)

I'm hoping it can Proc from Missing and it Procs really really often so I can get the DEX and LUK in my build completely last but I bet i'm not so lucky that is the case :P

Edited by deanoreadman3, 27 May 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#198 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:28 AM

i'm afraid the proc rate is pretty low. much lower than the CD in mouth proc, and in any case way too low to rely on. if you can afford it, phylla card has a +20crit effect that procs more frequently.

misses won't activate it but crits do.

Edited by Agahim, 28 May 2013 - 03:29 AM.

#199 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:03 AM

i'm afraid the proc rate is pretty low. much lower than the CD in mouth proc, and in any case way too low to rely on. if you can afford it, phylla card has a +20crit effect that procs more frequently.

misses won't activate it but crits do.

That's a real shame, so no 1 DEX 1 LUK levelling build then :P thank you for the clarifications!

Edited by deanoreadman3, 28 May 2013 - 05:03 AM.

#200 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

noob question, why no combine the two ifrit rings? the resonance and flame lord one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users