A Battle Archbishop Guide - Page 6 - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 14 votes

A Battle Archbishop Guide

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

#126 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

need help !!!
My battle bishop is 108 and I have no idea what I'm doing.
I've been doing Chiv but the xp is slow.
She's a baby and her sp limits her ability to support and do TI.
But i am mentally prepared to grind this -_-. I just don't know where to do it.

#127 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

one level more and you can try cornus.
leveling as battle bishop is very slow in general, i'm afraid you have to get used to it.
i also don't think battle bishops are very fit to be babies. we're pretty much the weakest third class already and being a baby makes it even worse.

Edited by Agahim, 06 February 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#128 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Yeah I made baby for the lol. It has been fun.
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep on those raydrics.

One more thing, does Expiatio help a lot? My baby is a crit build.
And is Oratio a/o Eucharistica worth maxing?

#129 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

of course babies are for fun but i'd rather play any other class as baby.
expiatio doesn't help so much but it's not bad either. i'd get and max it, especially since you have to get it on lvl 1 for sacrament anyway.
oratio isn't very useful to us so getting it on lvl 5 (requied for expiatio) is more than enough.
eucharistica is quite nice but not as good as sacrament in my opinion. i'd recomment sacrament rather than eucharistica.

#130 Zeraphim

Zeraphim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

Dear God, you are a life saver! Would you people laugh if I said I'm using this guide to get ideas on how to build my Battle Sorcerer?
Mostly the suggested equipment (minus the wepons, lol)... 'cause the Mage community in general are sooo active! /swt /sarcasm off
The non "Fail Fist" guys are even more extinct...

So yeah, just dropping a "thank you".

Edited by Zeraphim, 11 February 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#131 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Dear God, you are a life saver! Would you people laugh if I said I'm using this guide to get ideas on how to build my Battle Sorcerer?
Mostly the suggested equipment (minus the wepons, lol)... 'cause the Mage community in general are sooo active! /swt /sarcasm off
The non "Fail Fist" guys are even more extinct...

So yeah, just dropping a "thank you".

They're practically same build, except Sorc really limited on weapons. I don't know what's better weapon than encyclopedia and counter dagger...

#132 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

best weapon for a sorc should be an enchanted and overupgraded ledger of death. i'm not sure if it's possible but if it is, 2x "attack speed +1" as enchant would probably be best case.

i really want to try playing a hinsight sage aswell, the only thing that keeps me from doing so is that i hate the sorcerer sprite so much that i can't bring myself to start playing one.

playing on classic might be possible, the scholar sprite looks actually alright, but i have no equipment on classic and starting over completely new is too much work.

#133 fohkis

fohkis

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

Hello friend, how are you? I am Brazilian and I saw your post about Battle AB and was facinado. I have an AB 150 and I'll redo it to Battle Auto Cast.

My question is what equipment to use correctly, and in Build shows you lack some equipment.

First Doubt: Is not it better to use Mercury Riser Build Auto Cast? I saw the video and shows using the Mercury Rise

Second Doubt: Black Leather Boots is not good too?

Third Doubt: In bRO have a combo "Rabode Black Cat (accessory) + Feline Ears +7 (Top Head). Would be a good or keep the equips?
Black Cat Tail *** - Gives 3% attack speed, and 7 critic. If equipped with cat ears grants 10% damage with attacks critics.Se ears are +7, +5 critical ****

Fourth Doubt: Backpack Adventure +9 is good for autocast? Which card to use it?

Last question: After all, what the best equipment and letters for them?

Sorry my english .. is very bad

#134 Zeraphim

Zeraphim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

*Edit*
Sorry, sorry. I completely got off topic with this post. >_< I know this ain't the mage forum. <3

They're practically same build, except Sorc really limited on weapons. I don't know what's better weapon than encyclopedia and counter dagger...

That they are indeed. I haven't got the chance (or bothered tbh) to play around with an encyclopedia.
Not sure I want to give up my constant flow of crits for a bit more dmg (ending up with a dps loss 'cause the lack of crits and higher chance to miss/dodge stuff)... but hey, that's just my opinion *is deeply in love with his dagger*

best weapon for a sorc should be an enchanted and overupgraded ledger of death. i'm not sure if it's possible but if it is, 2x "attack speed +1" as enchant would probably be best case.

After playing around with Books for a while I pretty much gave up on them completely. Plus I decided to focus on Luk as well. And is it just me or is the LoD proc bugged? I lvled between 86ish to 105ish with it and not once did it proc. Not once! o_O

Right now my only suggestion would be an overupgraded Dagger of Counter (so lovely with endows <3) or a Mighty Staff (even then it's pretty meh).

Did I add I'm an "old school" battle sorc? My magical dmg is only there to support me while my melee crits are my main form of damage. :> With 190 ASPD (awake pot + Vertus buff only, +5 flat ASPD), endowed & striking DoC, RoFL & Snake Hat procs I don't really bother much with Hindsigh- if any. The procs are constant and awesome- unless the monster is fire resistant (damn you FBs!). Even then I don't bother with HS. Monsters drop in a matter of seconds. However, I'll keep HS around for MvP purpose later on

I've had my eyes on a CD in Mouth. That'd pretty much eliminate my need for HS altogether.. I think.

Edited by Zeraphim, 12 February 2013 - 06:14 AM.

#135 Reverinn

Reverinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationIn a secret garden

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

I think you can still use Hindsight and set it to Napalm Beat or Frost Diver to avoid conflict with CD in Mouth. Also, a crit build and Snake Head don't mix together well.

One advantage of Encyclopedia and Ledger of Death over Dagger of Counter is that they have 2 slots. You could put 2 Aunoe or The Paper or Soldier Skel cards for crit build.

I'm also trying to make a crit AB and I would want to use an Encyclopedia instead of Veteran Hammer (for fun).

P.S. I'm selling my +7 Double Slicing (The Paper) Veteran Hammer. PM me if interested~ :p_laugh:

#136 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Hello friend, how are you? I am Brazilian and I saw your post about Battle AB and was facinado. I have an AB 150 and I'll redo it to Battle Auto Cast.

My question is what equipment to use correctly, and in Build shows you lack some equipment.

First Doubt: Is not it better to use Mercury Riser Build Auto Cast? I saw the video and shows using the Mercury Rise

Second Doubt: Black Leather Boots is not good too?

Third Doubt: In bRO have a combo "Rabode Black Cat (accessory) + Feline Ears +7 (Top Head). Would be a good or keep the equips?
Black Cat Tail *** - Gives 3% attack speed, and 7 critic. If equipped with cat ears grants 10% damage with attacks critics.Se ears are +7, +5 critical ****

Fourth Doubt: Backpack Adventure +9 is good for autocast? Which card to use it?

Last question: After all, what the best equipment and letters for them?

Sorry my english .. is very bad

yo, thanks for the compliment.

mercury riser is the best headgear for crit-builds. for everything else it is the snake head. the girl in the video only wears a mercury riser because she didn't have anything better.

black leather boots are the best boots for getting agility. if you don't need more agility then take variants.

yes, the ears + tail appear to be very good for crit builds.

backpack is the best garment for all builds. especially for autocast as it gives +50 magic attack aswell as attack speed and so on. personally i'd put an "orc baby" card in it for an autocast build.

i'm afraid i don't understand the last question. sorry.

#137 Zeraphim

Zeraphim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Sorcerer aside (this is the wrong thread & I just did a reset on my AB xD), what I wanna know is how you distribute your stats (at what level) as a STR/DEX build?

He's still lvl 104ish, tho... so yeah, would this be decent:
STR 57, INT 50, AGI 106, DEX 60? *clueless* x_x

^ Bonuses from buffs and gear not included.

*Edit* God, I sounded so arrogant. x_x

Edited by Zeraphim, 12 February 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#138 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

I think you can still use Hindsight and set it to Napalm Beat or Frost Diver to avoid conflict with CD in Mouth. Also, a crit build and Snake Head don't mix together well.

as far as i know, hindsight works completely different than autocast equipment. for example it procs even if you miss the melee hit, and therfore doesn't conflict with equipment auto-casts at all. which is a really good thing.

@Zeraphim

the idea of books is basically that they provide magic attack aswell as normal attack, and a ledger of death will (with enchants) boost your attackspeed alot. and yes, i read complaints on the forum about the ledger's proc not working anymore. apparently it wasn't fixed yet, that's a real shame.

i think the dagger of counter is probably nice for up to lvl 120-130 maybe but after that the little 140 attack won't be enough anymore i think.
hindisht seems to be really evil though. with soul-linker spirit you autocast lvl 10 bolts that have a chance to go down twice because of double bolt. and their damage can be further increased with cards (for example imp cards for fire bolt). and that with 193 attackspeed and decent magic attack sounds devastating. that is however, in theory. i have absolutely no practical experience, i'm afraid.
_____

for the stats on your archbishop, just get whatever you feel you need. that's how i always did it. what's important is how your stats look in the end.

Edited by Agahim, 12 February 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#139 Zeraphim

Zeraphim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

@Agahim

True, books might be the better choice later on. Luckily I do have some +9 LoDs laying around for then.
I dropped my soul linker after Magmarings 'cause walking around with 3 tails, Ventus, Succubus (the hp leech is helpful) and the slave got a bit cramped. As of right now in nogg 2 I don't really feel the need to bring my slave along. However he's ready to be called in whenever.

On to the AP: I want to get more str but sacrificing dex or int will hurt. x_x I guess I'll have to play along with his stats for now.

Edited by Zeraphim, 12 February 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#140 fohkis

fohkis

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

Thank you. You are a master Agahim.

Taking advantage of your kindness I will ask you a few more things.

What are the best equipamentes to auto cast now?

I'm really in doubt letters of equipment to head. Can you tell me what the best?

Armor and Garments, What to use?

I'm buying the equipment as your guide and your help ...

thank you

#141 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

just take a look at lily on the first page, she has pretty much the best gear. except for the headgear, where a snake head would be better, and for the armor a valkyirie armor with +3 agi enchant and an angelring card. the linen glove can be traded for something else too, maybe a tattoo or something. but basically lily wears almost the perfect equipment for an autocast build.

Edited by Agahim, 12 February 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#142 fohkis

fohkis

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

angelring card? What ID ?

You spoke ALMOST PERFECT EQUIPMENT. So what is perfect? kkkkk

Edited by fohkis, 12 February 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#143 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

i think you should invest a little time in reading the first page and trying to understand it. i've pretty much explained everything there.

lily wears perfect equipment. except: switch he headgear for a snake head and switch the armor with a +3 agi valk armor with angeling card.

Edited by Agahim, 12 February 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#144 fohkis

fohkis

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

Thanks.. but.. The letter has not Angeling in bRO ... What can I use to replace equipment. And which card to use it?

#145 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:40 AM

valk armor with porcellio would be good.

#146 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Guide done as of today.

currently i'm looking for videos of battle bishops in action aswell as anything related to your bishops like screenshots or artworks.

thanks!

#147 waka

waka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

very helpful indeed... I changed coarse on my AB to full support, but may switch back .

#148 Reverinn

Reverinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationIn a secret garden

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

Congrats on finishing your guide! It indeed is useful. Please keep on answering our questions and help our fellow Battle Bishops.

Speaking of which, is it good to have an Isilla Card for autocast build? Will CD and ROFL trigger it? :p_laugh:

#149 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

You don't need cast reduction beside ME type really...

#150 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

thanks!
isilla card is quite alright. duple light triggers it and it will be up alot because of that. it's useful for the +30 flee not for the casting reduction. however phylla or vanberk or dark pina cards are more useful to us, unless you're in desperate need of extra flee. lily only has an isilla card because it would be a crime to put a melee card into a caster hat as it would devalue the skull cap alot. it's just an example anyway.

Edited by Agahim, 23 February 2013 - 04:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users