Post-merge god items [WoE 1s] - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Post-merge god items [WoE 1s]

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

God items should be good. They're difficult to make (assuming you don't have a stock pile of pieces), and require a lot of people to work together over a period of time. So making them these "rental" boxes is kind of lame, and only caters to people who have personal god items. When, in the big picture, god items really shouldn't be personal (not bashing people with personal god items, just making a point).
People use god items outside of WoE, so it's not really fair to them if these are nerfed.

Here are my suggestions:

1) First, make the creation process harder. The seal quest shouldn't be 25 people. It should be back to 100, with added on quest or something (Like WoE2s).
-Require high econ on WoE 1 castles to create
-Require high guild level to create

2) Set a limit on how many god items each guild can have initially after the merge. Then, break down their others into pieces. Then, make the creation process more difficult. For people with personals, give them the option to keep their item but have it account bound. Personal items should not be accounted for in the guild cap.

3) Also, do not stop regulating god item trade. That is going to cause a lot of problems.

I'm open to hear other suggestions/opinions, and I will include them in this post. Do not make this into a guild war, and I don't want to hear about MVPs. This is an idea thread to replace the GM's rental god item system.

Edited by Azyrk, 05 December 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#2 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Here we go again... scared people will always be scared...

#3 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Thanks for the constructive post. If you could read I was saying don't nerf the god items, keep them at full power but limit the amount of them from the start. That is a fair compromise. Don't see any scared people here.

#4 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Thanks for the constructive post. If you could read I was saying don't nerf the god items, keep them at full power but limit the amount of them from the start. That is a fair compromise. Don't see any scared people here.

Your welcome =)

You are asking for a limitation... that surely doesn't sound like fear at all... the fairness that you are referring to, from a point of view of someone who doesn't own a god item himself, truly doesn't sound that fair at all.

Edited by Wizard, 18 November 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#5 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Fear can also go both ways. People with an abundance or commonly use god items would fear not having them and consequently fighting without them. Goes the same way with people that rely on mvp cards.

#6 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

If you look, people who have personally owned god items are protected. I'm pretty sure people would rather have their items full power than not. Also, there needs to be sacrifice somewhere. I don't think limiting your made god items is too much to ask, especially since you can just make them again. Yeah, it sucks, but there has to be a compromise, unless you want the GMs stupid half-power rental system.

If you're just going to be an arrogant dbag the entire time, can you just not post?

#7 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

If you look, people who have personally owned god items are protected. I'm pretty sure people would rather have their items full power than not. Also, there needs to be sacrifice somewhere. I don't think limiting your made god items is too much to ask, especially since you can just make them again. Yeah, it sucks, but there has to be a compromise, unless you want the GMs stupid half-power rental system.

If you're just going to be an arrogant dbag the entire time, can you just not post?

What are you proposing is a suggestion from your very own point of view which is, as I stated before, the point of view of someone who doesn't own a god item. Perhaps you don't think that putting a limitation on the quantity of god items would be much to ask, but you fail to see it from a perspective of someone who did work hard to get their gods and now are you trying to render all their work to pretty much nothing just because they do have more god items than you? that's quite arrogant from you to be honest... then again, that's something we have seen for a long time already.

Try see things from a different perspective, perhaps from the point of view of someone who have several god items? I wonder if sacrificing some of them, sacrificing that hard work would make you truly happy.

You speak of compromise... compromise to whom? to the rest of players that doesn't own god items? they haven't work to get that goal but sure, they can still complain about it.

The GM's stupid half rental power system that you pointed, is something that most god items owner discussed and perhaps agreed to.

#8 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

If they wanted to make God Equipment Creation harder all they would need to do is require Guild Level 40+ for Creating a God Equipment as each Guild can only make 1 WoE God Equipment then they have to disband and create a new guild all over again instead of just creating a level 1 Alt Guild to create it on.

#9 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

What are you proposing is a suggestion from your very own point of view which is, as I stated before, the point of view of someone who doesn't own a god item. Perhaps you don't think that putting a limitation on the quantity of god items would be much to ask, but you fail to see it from a perspective of someone who did work hard to get their gods and now are you trying to render all their work to pretty much nothing just because they do have more god items than you? that's quite arrogant from you to be honest... then again, that's something we have seen for a long time already.

Try see things from a different perspective, perhaps from the point of view of someone who have several god items? I wonder if sacrificing some of them, sacrificing that hard work would make you truly happy.

You speak of compromise... compromise to whom? to the rest of players that doesn't own god items? they haven't work to get that goal but sure, they can still complain about it.

The GM's stupid half rental power system that you pointed, is something that most god items owner discussed and perhaps agreed to.

How is that arrogant of me? Do you know what arrogance is? I'm sure you do because your posts are riddled with it.

The compromise is between the GMs and the players. The GMs want to do something about the excessive god items coming from Ymir, and they proposed the rental system. What guild leaders talked this over? Because I haven't heard anything about that.
And quit being an idiot. I wouldn't care if they did absolutely nothing about the god item situation tbh. But I'd rather them NOT do the rental system.

If they are guild owned, I don't see a problem in putting an INITIAL cap on the amount of god items EACH GUILD can have. It puts everyone on an "equal" level. If they are personal, they don't have to worry about them getting broken down.
Everyone worked for their items. Doesn't mean people don't have to suck it up for the greater good. They can remake them under stricter regulations. I don't understand how that is an issue. Really if they're going to QQ about it chances are they're bad and need them.

#10 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

How is that arrogant of me? Do you know what arrogance is? I'm sure you do because your posts are riddled with it.

The compromise is between the GMs and the players. The GMs want to do something about the excessive god items coming from Ymir, and they proposed the rental system. What guild leaders talked this over? Because I haven't heard anything about that.
And quit being an idiot. I wouldn't care if they did absolutely nothing about the god item situation tbh. But I'd rather them NOT do the rental system.

If they are guild owned, I don't see a problem in putting an INITIAL cap on the amount of god items EACH GUILD can have. It puts everyone on an "equal" level. If they are personal, they don't have to worry about them getting broken down.
Everyone worked for their items. Doesn't mean people don't have to suck it up for the greater good. They can remake them under stricter regulations. I don't understand how that is an issue. Really if they're going to QQ about it chances are they're bad and need them.

Enlighten me how my post, which is mainly trying to make you see things from a different perspective, be riddled by arrogant? I'm not the one suggesting something quite irrational just because I "think" there are way too many god items on different servers.

Indeed, the compromise is between the GM's and the players... but what you are asking for is a compromise between you and the GM's, failing to see the other side of the coin... you can speak that lightly about god items when you are not affected by whatever result this may cause. And on top of that, you are recurring to personal insults, that's quite mature of you I must say... then again, I expected nothing more from you.

Don't you realize that all this topic is about your "I don't see any problem", "everyone on equal level" "there are too many god items on ymir"?? of course you don't see any problem... you are not affected by whatever you are trying to suggest, sorry, but the world doesn't revolve around what you think or if you fail or not to see a problem, hence why I said it was quite arrogant from your part.

Have you ever stop and consider if this is beneficial for god item owners? of course not..., you "don't see any problem" do you?. Same way as you said, and I quote, "doesn't mean people don't have to suck it up for a greater good", what greater good are you implying to? and who does it favors? it surely doesn't favor players who have been around for years and have several god items under their guild/person don't you agree?

But no... from your point of view, if god items owners don't submit to your suggestion, is because they are bad and need them... right? how convenient indeed... and you fail to see how that is consider arrogant from you... perhaps god items owners (who are the ones affected by it) have a different point of view? you gotta consider that as well.

#11 TheInternet

TheInternet

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Server:Classic - Guildless

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

ban all the god items

ban azy

wipe ymir's mvp cards except one that were found between start of beta - 2009

#12 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

Agreed, rental system is stupid and what guild leaders "discussed" this previously? I fail to see how OP is arrogant by his post. Haseo calling someone arrogant is the pot calling the kettle black.

Definition of "Arrogant" per Websters.

1: exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner <an arrogant official>

2: showing an offensive attitude of superiority : proceeding from or characterized by arrogance <an arrogant reply>
ar·ro·gant·ly adverb

#13 Amazing111

Amazing111

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

The GMs are trying to merge a server that is 10+ years old with a server that is like 3 years old? Of course NOTHING they come up with is going to be "fair" and make everyone happy. The people who have been playing for 10 years want their hard work recognized, while the scrubs that have only been playing for 3 don't want to get destroyed.

In my opinion you should error towards the people who have been with you for 10+ years. GMs should be most concerned with ymir players over ygg/valk players since these players have put in tthe time, effort, and have stuck with this game. All god items should be left alone, since woe sets are out it pretty much cancels out most of the god items power anyways. Now using a god item vs. woe set is like using "average" items vs. non woe set. Eventually people will figure out how to counter god items users, and to be honest most of the god items in renewal are no where near as good as they were in pre renewal.

The big thing to worry about is the MVP cards. Any decent player will know that MVP gear outclasses god items in renewal. I like TheInternet's proposal to only keep MVP cards that were acquired beta-2009, and allow ygg and valk to keep any they have gotten so far. Also banning Azyrk would be nice as well.

Putting any restrictions on god items is just dumb, players worked really hard to obtain them(not to mention some people spent a lot of money on them). Just because we have so many that doesn't diminish the value of each one. They will not break the game by themselves especially with woe sets implemented. What will break the game is the MVP cards and those should be the biggest worry, I would be much more afraid of an army of Tao, GTB, Thana, Hibram, etc. than an army of belts, hammers, and sleips.

tl;dr Restricting god items would/will be retarded, what you should be worried about is the MVP cards. Stop crying about god items, work hard get your own... or increase the skill level of your credit card and obtain one using it.

#14 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

Fear can also go both ways. People with an abundance or commonly use god items would fear not having them and consequently fighting without them. Goes the same way with people that rely on mvp cards.

Where are my Hibrams? I can't play without them.

#15 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

Of course, remaking the items would mean more fight and competition. Of course, most people is lazy and don't want to fight to get their goods again.

And MVP cards. All the people come all dramatic because of the supposed 0.01% rate (which is actually WAY MORE THAN THAT due to how much KP is in. Like nowadays MVP hunters have like 0.1%~0.2% chance to get cards. The main problem of MVP card is how it is.. customizable.

If "Sleipnir Card" was a shoe MVP card which gave all their stats and you could compound it in any shoe... Or a "Mjolnir card" which can be put in any weapon too... It would be overpowered, yes. But look which kind of "balance" exists in a god item. A heavy weight item (I think 200 is the LIGHTEST god item), no slots, can't be refined. Same to all the other 1.0 or 2.0 god items. So it would be a "simple" solution, to force MVP cards, instead of "MVP cards", being turned to "MVP rare and extremely powerful equipment". YES THE IDEA SOUNDS STUPID BUT. Someone with an MVP card would be as restricted as someone with a god item. Instead of using a FBH woe set, they would use a specific FBH shoe which does not allow people to wear sets with them.

Unfortunately, weapon cards must be an exception because... there are too many weapons.

And by the way.... can Gleipnir finally become a whip-type god item? Haha.

So all the wanderers get happy while people don't farm the seals for a meg? /gg

Edited by asayuu, 22 November 2012 - 04:37 AM.

#16 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

What is a Gleipnir?

#17 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

A WHIP.

http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/7058/

*pssst... look how you can BUY SHOP it*

#18 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Oh I always thought it's one of the new god items released by kRO. It's actually a component for Meg. lol

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 22 November 2012 - 05:31 AM.

#19 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

Oh I always thought it's one of the new god items released by kRO. It's actually a component for Meg. lol

:gg:

THAT'S WHY IT SHOULD BE MADE A WEAPON, LOOK HOW IT LOOKS LIKE A WHIP :D

#20 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

:gg:

THAT'S WHY IT SHOULD BE MADE A WEAPON, LOOK HOW IT LOOKS LIKE A WHIP :D

Well... there are more nowdays thanks to the new Seal's quest.

I wonder what will happen to Gleipnir? since it is consider a god item after all.

#21 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

yeah. Warlocks have exclusive god items for them noww, so why not a exclusive god item for us crazy whippers? :pif:

#22 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

yeah. Warlocks have exclusive god items for them noww, so why not a exclusive god item for us crazy whippers? :pif:

we do?

#23 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

heim plz dont b& me.

Enlighten me how my post, which is mainly trying to make you see things from a different perspective, be riddled by arrogant? I'm not the one suggesting something quite irrational just because I "think" there are way too many god items on different servers.

Indeed, the compromise is between the GM's and the players... but what you are asking for is a compromise between you and the GM's, failing to see the other side of the coin... you can speak that lightly about god items when you are not affected by whatever result this may cause. And on top of that, you are recurring to personal insults, that's quite mature of you I must say... then again, I expected nothing more from you.

Don't you realize that all this topic is about your "I don't see any problem", "everyone on equal level" "there are too many god items on ymir"?? of course you don't see any problem... you are not affected by whatever you are trying to suggest, sorry, but the world doesn't revolve around what you think or if you fail or not to see a problem, hence why I said it was quite arrogant from your part.

Have you ever stop and consider if this is beneficial for god item owners? of course not..., you "don't see any problem" do you?. Same way as you said, and I quote, "doesn't mean people don't have to suck it up for a greater good", what greater good are you implying to? and who does it favors? it surely doesn't favor players who have been around for years and have several god items under their guild/person don't you agree?

But no... from your point of view, if god items owners don't submit to your suggestion, is because they are bad and need them... right? how convenient indeed... and you fail to see how that is consider arrogant from you... perhaps god items owners (who are the ones affected by it) have a different point of view? you gotta consider that as well.

Listen, I am affected by this. I fight for a guild that has many god items, and I get to use them. Amazing brought up a good point: God items are not what they used to be with WoE set. Nerfing them would make them useless.

And that's why it's called a COMPROMISE. You don't need to favor anyone. The GMs think there are too many god items; personally I don't care. If they're going to do something, they should do it right. Why should they play favorites? If the items are personally owned, they don't have to worry about much. If the god items are guild owned, the guild owner will probably understand. I would suggest a GM-GL sit down, but that will never happen. I really doubt the guild leader is going to WANT his god items limited, but I reallly dont think he wants his items almost useless.

Also, haven't they done worst in the past? My merge history knowledge isn't too great, but I thought they straight up deleted items, or at least broke them all down into pieces. No one is losing anything here, other than time.

The GMs are trying to merge a server that is 10+ years old with a server that is like 3 years old? Of course NOTHING they come up with is going to be "fair" and make everyone happy. The people who have been playing for 10 years want their hard work recognized, while the scrubs that have only been playing for 3 don't want to get destroyed.

In my opinion you should error towards the people who have been with you for 10+ years. GMs should be most concerned with ymir players over ygg/valk players since these players have put in tthe time, effort, and have stuck with this game. All god items should be left alone, since woe sets are out it pretty much cancels out most of the god items power anyways. Now using a god item vs. woe set is like using "average" items vs. non woe set. Eventually people will figure out how to counter god items users, and to be honest most of the god items in renewal are no where near as good as they were in pre renewal.

The big thing to worry about is the MVP cards. Any decent player will know that MVP gear outclasses god items in renewal. I like TheInternet's proposal to only keep MVP cards that were acquired beta-2009, and allow ygg and valk to keep any they have gotten so far. Also banning Azyrk would be nice as well.

Putting any restrictions on god items is just dumb, players worked really hard to obtain them(not to mention some people spent a lot of money on them). Just because we have so many that doesn't diminish the value of each one. They will not break the game by themselves especially with woe sets implemented. What will break the game is the MVP cards and those should be the biggest worry, I would be much more afraid of an army of Tao, GTB, Thana, Hibram, etc. than an army of belts, hammers, and sleips.

tl;dr Restricting god items would/will be retarded, what you should be worried about is the MVP cards. Stop crying about god items, work hard get your own... or increase the skill level of your credit card and obtain one using it.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they did nothing about the god items. This plan works better with a 3 way merge, which will happen eventually. Either way, I'd rather THIS happen to god items than the rental system.

As for your MVP argument, I do agree that they are a bigger concern than god items. However, it can be argued that they are just as valuable. If it's wrong to delete/break down god items, it's definitely wrong to do the same to MVP cards. They are extremely rare and the player who has them should be rewarded for having such a rare item.
I don't think anything needs to be done about MVP cards--right now at least. Pretty sure it'll be okay.

Of course, remaking the items would mean more fight and competition. Of course, most people is lazy and don't want to fight to get their goods again.

And MVP cards. All the people come all dramatic because of the supposed 0.01% rate (which is actually WAY MORE THAN THAT due to how much KP is in. Like nowadays MVP hunters have like 0.1%~0.2% chance to get cards. The main problem of MVP card is how it is.. customizable.

If "Sleipnir Card" was a shoe MVP card which gave all their stats and you could compound it in any shoe... Or a "Mjolnir card" which can be put in any weapon too... It would be overpowered, yes. But look which kind of "balance" exists in a god item. A heavy weight item (I think 200 is the LIGHTEST god item), no slots, can't be refined. Same to all the other 1.0 or 2.0 god items. So it would be a "simple" solution, to force MVP cards, instead of "MVP cards", being turned to "MVP rare and extremely powerful equipment". YES THE IDEA SOUNDS STUPID BUT. Someone with an MVP card would be as restricted as someone with a god item. Instead of using a FBH woe set, they would use a specific FBH shoe which does not allow people to wear sets with them.

Unfortunately, weapon cards must be an exception because... there are too many weapons.

And by the way.... can Gleipnir finally become a whip-type god item? Haha.

So all the wanderers get happy while people don't farm the seals for a meg? /gg

I think it sort of beats the purpose of the card if you do that. What really made MVP cards stronger was the ability to descoket. I doubt there would be 1 pair of Arrogant WoE shoes if the decarder sockets never came around.

And that warlock exclusive god item is pretty lame. Would hardly call it a god item. ):

#24 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

It's one of the staffs kRO made for the Training Edition.

If I'm sure, the name is Gambantein.

Desocketing or not, being able to put the items on "default" gear already makes they crazily strong when they can combo with other gears.

#25 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

It's one of the staffs kRO made for the Training Edition.

If I'm sure, the name is Gambantein.

Desocketing or not, being able to put the items on "default" gear already makes they crazily strong when they can combo with other gears.

Indeed... but isn't that what MvP cards are all about?

Gamban something is not that good either.

@ Jordan: You sure know how to contradict yourself a lot... but, I do understand that your concern is mainly because your lack of knowledge about this merge situation and perhaps some other issues? but rest assure that your indecisive stand towards this topic has been noted already.

In the past, when they merged Loki, Iris and Chaos, they did break all god items in their respective pieces but that can't be done anymore... mainly because after that merge, GM's put into market "reset stones". These reset stones; better yet, the money invested to make these god items is something players can't get back, hence why breaking down god items is kinda out of question.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users