Proposal: Another Raffle Prior to the Merge - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Proposal: Another Raffle Prior to the Merge

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Offline

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

This would probably be a very good time for a raffle since many people are too lazy to make 20 chars++ just to store their zenies.

Shoving the raffler back in right now would yield great results to the economy as many people would rather trade in their zenies for Ygg flower, Ygg seeds, Witch Starsand, and a chance at a valuable item.

#2 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

alcohol please!

#3 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bad news

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

convex mirrors

goodbye zeny

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

NEEDS TO BE A RAFFLE THAT HAS HIGHER COST ON VALK AND LOWER COST ON YGG TO MAKE THE YGG PEOPLE LESS AT A DISADVANTAGE AfTER MERGE..

#5 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

This would probably be a very good time for a raffle since many people are too lazy to make 20 chars++ just to store their zenies.

Shoving the raffler back in right now would yield great results to the economy as many people would rather trade in their zenies for Ygg flower, Ygg seeds, Witch Starsand, and a chance at a valuable item.

It's not really a trade or as some people put it, "gambling", so much as it is a rip-off.
Rich people were never spending on it. It was just poor people, and the poor spending money doesn't really benefit the economy much. Also, barely anyone was doing the Raffler after the first few days because he was pretty pointless. The *only* prize maybe worth gambling on was a Kafra Blossom Card - everything else was a nearly guaranteed loss of profit.

And if it is readded for whatever reason, for the love of dirt disable the server-wide messages. No one cares what he's currently raffling (if we did we'd be near him) or who won what (or in the case of its last week or two, who wasn't betting on anything and it timing out).

#6 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

It's not really a trade or as some people put it, "gambling", so much as it is a rip-off.
Rich people were never spending on it. It was just poor people, and the poor spending money doesn't really benefit the economy much. Also, barely anyone was doing the Raffler after the first few days because he was pretty pointless. The *only* prize maybe worth gambling on was a Kafra Blossom Card - everything else was a nearly guaranteed loss of profit.

And if it is readded for whatever reason, for the love of dirt disable the server-wide messages. No one cares what he's currently raffling (if we did we'd be near him) or who won what (or in the case of its last week or two, who wasn't betting on anything and it timing out).

The +10 cert one was where ALL the profit was. 1.5 seeds on average for 250k that's like 166k per seed. I would just raffle as fast as I could till I got the +10 cert and sell the cert immediately for 100m. I have 9000 ygg seeds and broke completely even selling the certs. Basically 9000 ygg seeds for free, if I vend those for 200k each which is around the running price that's 1.8b profit.

#7 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

Raffle won't work as a zeny sink unless there are items that people actually want to obtain. There has to be something significant to entice players to gamble in the first place. As we saw on Valkyrie, people lost interest in well under a week. Revamp Raffle, prior to putting it in.

#8 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

NEEDS TO BE A RAFFLE THAT HAS HIGHER COST ON VALK AND LOWER COST ON YGG TO MAKE THE YGG PEOPLE LESS AT A DISADVANTAGE AfTER MERGE..

So that they don't bother anyway because they know a merge is coming?

#9 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Just selling your ygg items for valk prices will make up for the so-called "disadvantage".

#10 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Just selling your ygg items for valk prices will make up for the so-called "disadvantage".

Sucks for anyone from ymir or ygg that were holding onto zeny

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

We need more raffles. I don't much care whether it's before or after merge. But we need to remove a huge amount of zeny from the economy.

#12 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

raise prices of every kafra shop item by 25-30% for a 1-2 week period. put in a groove pack with a relatively decent "always get" item at an increased kafra point value as well say 250 instead of 150 points
at the same time, offer all these items including the groove pack to be bought with zeny at a rate slightly lower than the wpe/zeny rate of the server

allow for 1-2 weeks, ppl to buy directly wpe with zeny from your website at a slightly higher rate than what ppl are selling for (example valk server is 180m-200m/1k, sell 1k wpe for 210m) ppl will buy it from you since its less hassle, dont have to worry about scams, etc

since upgrading is already crap and ppl have high upgraded gears, put an npc for a week that gives increased rates from 7-12 for the respective npcs for a much higher increased zeny cost in upgrading

my post from another thread, principle applies although slightly altered since merge of course as jayed pointed out

Edited by Andini, 06 December 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#13 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

there isnt anything i can think of short of MVP cards id be willing to throw money into the raffler for... and even then the MVP cards woud have to be very specific to me

#14 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

In valk server, make one of the prizes as "MVP Card album" at 0.00001%.
Then, secretly actually make it NOT give the prize, thus letting all the bot players get tricked and spend all their gazillion zeny in it, and that normal players (hopefully) won't even bother trying the 0.00001%.

#15 Triki

Triki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

or put a small random amount of prize medals as the losing prizes

#16 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

my post from another thread, principle applies although slightly altered since merge of course as jayed pointed out

They really should start selling kp consumables/enriched ores for zeny for a while.. Not like it would make any difference though, as they would just allow all the zeny to be botted right back to ridiculous

#17 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

if prize medals were the consolation prize more people would partake but at the same time more people would just level that way

#18 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

just do a raffle with a low chance for the rwc pend

#19 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

We need more raffles. I don't much care whether it's before or after merge. But we need to remove a huge amount of zeny from the economy.

Not a bad idea, though we'd definitely need to change up the items being auctioned...what kind of things would you guys not be totally tired of seeing shouted about in town?

#20 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

I would say for some of the raffle "losing prizes" it should be something like, between 1 and 5 Blank Cards. It would be really nice to get a better return than potting items which not everyone uses. It also doesn't help because the market gets so flooded with them that it's not like you could ever sell all of them for any decent price.

Not a bad idea, though we'd definitely need to change up the items being auctioned...what kind of things would you guys not be totally tired of seeing shouted about in town?

As far as prizes go...I thought Eden Merit Badges were good. KVM badges aren't bad either. I thought the last prize set was pretty decent, but maybe there could be something like a super rare headgear that barely anyone has and is really cute. I know some people were going crazy over the heart ribbon hairband, so many something like that would draw a lot of attention. Also, I don't know if it would be possible to do, but I think having tickets that will change your currently equipped headgear into a costume headgear would also draw a lot of attention.

Edited by Ramen, 06 December 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#21 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

MVP cards... tokens of sigfried as consolation prizes, massive quantities of prize medals (10k)... if the malangdo item enchants were bought with zeny or there was a zeny exchange for the items needed i think it would be a far greater zeny sink than the raffler...

#22 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

alcohol for a reasonable value, need to make SO MANY COATS CUZ SHIELD SPELL 3 IS STILL BORKED ON IRO

#23 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

I'd rather not see the announcements outside of Prontera. Also the KVM badge prize was 100% pointless. The Eden Merit Badge one was the same value (20 EMBs = 100 KVM badges)... at 4x less cost, so remove that one.

#24 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Instead of MCA, make straight a raffle with ghostring card, another with deviling, and another with maya purple, with blank cards as consolation prizes on all of them. (because seriously, a chance to HAVE A CHANCE to get a good item?)

And a BMx3 raffle too, with prize medals as consolation prizes.

And enriched ores, with NORMAL ores as consolation prizes (YES NO ROUGH FOR YOU GOD ITEM MAKERS)

Edited by asayuu, 06 December 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#25 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

I already asked you about this before :D Crown of Deceit in raffler for 1M a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users