starting a long term investment (alchemist) help :3 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

starting a long term investment (alchemist) help :3

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Neojak

Neojak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

So i started playing not to long ago and im currently a lvl 102/9 Sura and im loving the character However im always broke so i decided to make a long-term investment and reading the forums iv concluded that making a Geneticist is a good way to make money. But iv looked for general Achemist guides but have found nothing (even on google) so i come to you guys to ask for help! i only know very basic knowledge about the class.

So i started a DC/OC merchant to try to make some money and here is what i currently have.

merchant 29/24

str:19+2
agi:32
vit:1+2:
dex:24+2

skills:
EWL:3
discount:10
overcharge: 10

My Final Goal: Is to make a character that will generate funds for me via selling potions. Iv read on the forums that with a 5mil investment you could make 40mil and that is what i want out of this char.

Source: http://forums.warppo...h-or-die-tryin/
Post #21

But for now i have no idea what to do with this char. :( My guess is to make him Str/Agi/Dex till i trance(i really dont know). i have absolutely no idea what to do with the skills. and i really dont know how the homunculus work.

The Questions:
Did i mess up the character already?
Should i make a new one?
Is eden gear good enough to level?
What is the skill and build that you guys recommend for leveling(alchemist>biochem>Gen) and for brewing(final goal)?
When is it a good time to reset from PvE to brewer so i can start making money?

any advice in general would be really appreciated i really cant find anything anywhere about this class:(

sorry for horrible grammar my English is not so good. /sob

#2 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Did i mess up the character already?
Nope, you should not start doing any sort of potting until you already trans and are 99/70, at which point you should reset stats for a potting build (High DEX/LUK and moderate INT) Until then, do battle stats for leveling
Should i make a new one?
Nope
Is eden gear good enough to level?
Yes
What is the skill and build that you guys recommend for leveling(alchemist>biochem>Gen) and for brewing(final goal)?
Most of the skills are not battle skills when going this route. Definitely get homunculus it will help a lot (http://irowiki.org/wiki/Homunculus) also since you are low on funds i suggest not using mammonite. Axe mastery is really the only physical skill that'll help with leveling since most of the others require some sort of catalyst. Also get aid potion/potion research.
When is it a good time to reset from PvE to brewer so i can start making money?
When you are a biochem and 99/70

Edited by Dammage, 08 December 2012 - 12:41 PM.

#3 Neojak

Neojak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

your exactly the person i wanted to answer this! :3 thanks allot! also should i aim for any particular Homunculus? or will any do? i was thinking Vanilmirth. thanks for the help! :DD

#4 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Yes that is definitely the best one because in your case it'll help with potting as well when you have it out ^^

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Vani is 100% must have for brewer because it gives +5% success with IC 5.

#6 sofico

sofico

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • Server:New Chaos

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

Vani is 100% must have for brewer because it gives +5% success with IC 5.

Does that still work? Also, does it have to be the jelly vani? Or does the slug/trashcan suffice?

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Does that still work? Also, does it have to be the jelly vani? Or does the slug/trashcan suffice?

I think it works with all, but have not personally tested. I sure HOPE it works with both, because if it doesn't, then it probably doesn't work with homun S either.

#8 Neojak

Neojak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

Thank you so much Dammage and DrAzzy! i really apprichate all your help. Thank you for shearing your knowledge. ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users