Economy in new merged Chaos server - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Economy in new merged Chaos server

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#26 Epsix

Epsix

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

don't forget that the prices on ymir and ygg do not fit the supply-demand model we're accustomed to. The last few months it has gotten much more closer to markets which have products of sole suppliers in a banana republic market system. These sole suppliers ask outrageous prices because they know they are one of the few (if not the only ones) who are selling the item. The price is even further inflated by the fact that most players have a ton of money to spend and will buy an item as soon as it becomes available regardless of price. Although these phenomena are intrinsic to the supply-demand model, you should realize that the price increase is non-linear when approaching extreme scarcity, and that these prices do not reflect the true value of the items in the ymir/ygg market, and can therefore not just simply be extrapolated into the new chaos market.

The answer to your question regarding high priced but common items most likely is: given a non-declining population and given the nature of the ygg/ymir servers; prices will drop below those of the valk market. But it may take a few weeks/months. But even that answer comes with a lot of footnotes. There are still many other factors to consider such as the rich-poor gap, stupid people, erratic pre and post merger buying behaviour, ignorant people, change of gameplay (more WoE/PvP, greater tolerance for squishy characters in TI's (so more build versatility), less MVP'ing, change of day-to-day activities, etc. etc.), greedy people, and many other factors.

So I finally come to the first line I actually wrote before writing the rest of this short essay: nothing sensible can be said about it. The only sensible things I have ever heard an economist say were all in hindsight. What can I say, it's a quack "science". Let's just wait and see and not start panicking like madmen. If you were looking to find a good business tip to make a lot of money, the community board is probably not a good place to look. Half the population already read it before you did!

#27 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Offline

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

My thoughts on the economy: Many long time players I have spoken to have said that prices of certains will go up. I think that prices of certain items will increase while everything else will go down. Mini boss cards such as deviling and ghostring will go up (i think) since Chaos renewal will be a lot more WOE competitive. Items such as Bryn and Asprika will go down since there are a huge influx of these items on the ymir and ygg servers. People on valk are already having a hard time selling these at the moment. I've seen many trying to sell Bryn and/or Asperika for weeks in Eden. What about PVM items? I think that top tier PVM items will go down by a bit. Items such as rwh, hbp, immune shield, ceb, nid, violet fear, alca bringer, imp spear, and so on. On the other hand, woe items such as vellum weapons and woe armor sets will spike due to more demand. Botted loots will go down dramatically. KP items will definitely go up. Why? It's Christmas, a holiday that is now celebrated globally. This means that most people will need to save up to buy for gifts for their real life peeps. Meaning that the majority wont have the extra cash to spend on virtual items anymore--at least not until early next year after the holidays.

#28 s0rrow

s0rrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

my $0.02. most prices will go up. the huge injection of z coming from the other two servers into an already over-inflated valk economy will cause everyone to try to sell at the highest price possible.

#29 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

People in Ymir who were saving money to buy expensive stuff got screwed.

#30 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

S> Cheap Jellopy 1bil/ea L/N/O

OT: I believe everything that isn't a supply type item will go up in price.

Edited by Daray, 18 December 2012 - 05:30 AM.

#31 Tamago

Tamago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

You have a talking dog?

#32 gerpogi

gerpogi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1341 posts
  • Server:classic,valk

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

RO fiscal cliff

#33 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

S>GR 1b (After Merge)

I bought a GR card 3hrs before the merger was announced for 2.3b, the price is gonna be less than half.

#34 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

S>GR 1b (After Merge)

I bought a GR card 3hrs before the merger was announced for 2.3b, the price is gonna be less than half.

Why do you say that? I bought a GR on Ymir a few days before the server merge was officially announced for 1bil, and immediately after people were offering like 1.5bil for it.

#35 Zangeon

Zangeon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

I dont mean to ask, but, I left town to seek employment in my States capital and wont be home till tomorrow.

How is the merge going? Has it Started? Is it done?

I cant seem to find any updates anywhere, not even patch notes.

#36 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Starts in 13.5 hours from now, or should.

#37 nightslave

nightslave

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

GRs and MPs after merge will be like 3-3,5b each one at least for 2-3 weeks due to high demand for woe (and also due to high inflation of valk zenys)....

#38 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

zeny will hold almost no value. It's going to pack a punch for newer/poorer players trying to advance and will most likely make them feel like they need to sell WPE to keep up.

#39 Eternityzero

Eternityzero

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

zeny will hold almost no value. It's going to pack a punch for newer/poorer players trying to advance and will most likely make them feel like they need to sell WPE to keep up.

i always fell sorry for people who sell wpe for zeny

#40 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

Scrapped all my zeny. Had 1.7 billion across all characters, but I went on a shopping spree for a lot of things and now I got 5 mil total on my account. I think it is a good investment stocking up on end game overupgraded gears (things like +9 backpack, etc.) and kafra shop items (BMx3, gums) because those increase over time or at least stay the same price for a while.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 19 December 2012 - 08:04 AM.

#41 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

xferred about 5-7b from valk when you could xfer zeny/etc items to ymir and ygg --> bought wpe at 60-100m / 1k along with other cheap things. when in doubt, stock up on wpe

Edited by Andini, 19 December 2012 - 08:45 AM.

#42 ATLienz

ATLienz

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

xferred about 5-7b from valk when you could xfer zeny/etc items to ymir and ygg --> bought wpe at 60-100m / 1k along with other cheap things. when in doubt, stock up on wpe

+1

#43 MordredKiller

MordredKiller

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1531 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

In my opninion the price of some Rare Items (Ghostring, maya, KK, AA, etc) will go down, in other way the most common items, supplies for example will go up

#44 Eternityzero

Eternityzero

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

its still time for a poll xD

#45 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

In my opninion the price of some Rare Items (Ghostring, maya, KK, AA, etc) will go down, in other way the most common items, supplies for example will go up

Nope. People got so much zeny to burn right now I'm pretty sure GR can hit 2 billion average.

#46 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

dafuk? i thought that was just ymir/ygg -> valk?

#47 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

Looks like the economy has become "chaotic". It's hard to predict whether the general price will go up or down. Just bought 2 RWHs vended 99mil. But dunno whether the price for them will go up or not in future. Now, I think I just refrain myself from buying/selling activities till everything calms down.

Edited by stygionyx, 21 December 2012 - 12:13 AM.

#48 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

Well I just had to do several /sadfaces after the merge. First a +14 beholder master elven bow started off @2bil on ygg/ymir, after merge went to 4bil, and now I see it at 8 bil. Talk about insane inflation on this item. Looks like I won't be affording one anytime soon. :sob:

#49 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

Well I just had to do several /sadfaces after the merge. First a +14 beholder master elven bow started off @2bil on ygg/ymir, after merge went to 4bil, and now I see it at 8 bil. Talk about insane inflation on this item. Looks like I won't be affording one anytime soon. :sob:

6B down a the drain, $300 in cash value, a bryn, enough to buy Gr/Dr cards combo. Ouch!

#50 Esalis

Esalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Server:Meow

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

Merry Xmas everyone!

(and still no rest in the market)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users