Homunculus S questions - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Homunculus S questions

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#26 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

We're gonna need one!

yeah i think that would be the best way to test right now my ai isn't working at all.... o and my homunculus was loyal so i can't be of any help there sorry

#27 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

let me know which one i'll help u out.

#28 Wateren

Wateren

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationSt. Croix
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

Can anyone comment on whether it needs to be loyal to change to Homun S?

Mine was loyal. On the updates page it mentions missing out on loyal skills so I'm guessing just 99 2nd form.

Edited by Wateren, 25 January 2012 - 10:02 AM.

#29 bigstuff17

bigstuff17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

well i changed my 99 homun to a lvl 100 homun S today, and took it down to zenorcs for a bit. it doesn't look like it's gain any exp off those monsters. is it because of renewal where the monsters need to be +/- 15 levels of the killer in order to get exp?

Edited by bigstuff17, 25 January 2012 - 10:05 AM.

#30 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

Be sure to reinstall your AI - likely this patch wiped it, however, it may be that there were unannounced changed to the API that will break AI's as well.

Also, if you're using AzzyAI, stay tuned, and be ready to help me too :-)

Tonight i'll be putting out an information gathering AI that needs to be run by as many players with Homun S's as possible, and I'll start spamming the forums about it when I do.

I'm also going to likely end up needing access to as many as 17 other peoples' accounts in order to test certain combinations of first/second homuns.

#31 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

Be sure to reinstall your AI - likely this patch wiped it, however, it may be that there were unannounced changed to the API that will break AI's as well.

Tonight i'll be putting out an information gathering AI that needs to be run by as many players with Homun S's as possible, and I'll start spamming the forums about it when I do.

I'm also going to likely end up needing access to as many as 17 other peoples' accounts in order to test certain combinations of first/second homuns.

Looks like it's gonna be a busy week for you. xD

#32 Soulkyoko

Soulkyoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

Just a confirmation, you dont need a loyal homun to evolve. My vanil was 99 evolved and I managed to change it into an eira =]
(Now if only we could get orc dun up and running like old times XD)

#33 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:33 AM

Azzy your AI will not let Vani based Homunuculus S, cast Caprice. Auto Cast Flittering and Moonlight are working as intended, im using a Fili/Dieter atm. Though i would like to get info from you as to how i can tell my homunculus to cast Flittering even after it runs out.

I also cannot Manually cast Flittering and Moonlight.

I also had to use /hoai to turn on your AI after i evolved it as it stopped working. Plus if i Bwing or change maps the AI will also stop working.

I also noticed some path finding issues when the Homunculus gets stuck in the middle of a Mob of monsters. It'll sometimes stand idly and not do anything till i move it manually, or i move my character.

Edited by Cubical, 25 January 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#34 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:42 AM

i would also suggest people using AIs to turn on Attack Dancing as it seems turning homunuculus S has reduced the homunculus attack speed for some folk out there

#35 recolector22

recolector22

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Server:Valky

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

ho no!
to my is a choose between beauty and strength

i hate dieter and bayeri
i love cera and the cat one

the butterfly hair thing is kinda worthless

anyone tried cera? is it good or at least competent?

#36 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

Azzy your AI will not let Vani based Homunuculus S, cast Caprice. Expected Auto Cast Flittering and Moonlight are working as intendedOnly by virtue of luck - they happen to be in the "else" clause of the routine that determines what skills the homun has, im using a Fili/Dieter atm. Though i would like to get info from you as to how i can tell my homunculus to cast Flittering even after it runs out. I thought you said autocast flitting is working? I think there may be changes in the handling of skill delays that are causing part of this issue, but this will require further investigation

I also cannot Manually cast Flittering and Moonlight.
Baffled on moonlight, will investigate - maybe due to skill selection; having homuns other than the four types is not handled. It also sounds like there's an API issue with manual casting of self-targeted skills, or manual casting in general

I also had to use /hoai to turn on your AI after i evolved it as it stopped working. Plus if i Bwing or change maps the AI will also stop working.
This is due to the data saving bug with the latest client, the same reason that sound settings don't get saved correctly, edit the UserKeys (or was it option info) lua file in the data folder of your RO folder to turn on /hoai.
I also noticed some path finding issues when the Homunculus gets stuck in the middle of a Mob of monsters. It'll sometimes stand idly and not do anything till i move it manually, or i move my character.Suspect changes to game behavior, but could also be due to being in an unhandled state (homun not one of the four types) getting hung up trying to do something dumb

Cubical, if you're interested in assisting more directly, PM me your GChat/AIM info (can't take MSN, MSN is buggy, and when I add people, they stop working after a week, and i can never talk to them again).

i would also suggest people using AIs to turn on Attack Dancing as it seems turning homunuculus S has reduced the homunculus attack speed for some folk out there

Good to know!

anyone tried cera? is it good or at least competent?

Aww, they localized it as Cera instead of Sera? Dang!

#37 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:29 AM

Though i would like to get info from you as to how i can tell my homunculus to cast Flittering even after it runs out. I thought you said autocast flitting is working? I think there may be changes in the handling of skill delays that are causing part of this issue, but this will require further investigation

What i meant with flittering is, i wanted to know if i could tell the homunculus to always keep it active through the AI, im happy its working automatically i just want him to use it more! Is there some way this can be done through the AI by tweaking something?

I also noticed some path finding issues when the Homunculus gets stuck in the middle of a Mob of monsters. It'll sometimes stand idly and not do anything till i move it manually, or i move my character.Suspect changes to game behavior, but could also be due to being in an unhandled state (homun not one of the four types) getting hung up trying to do something dumb

The more i watch my homunculus the more i sense the problem has to do with the AggroDist you auto set the homunculus at. I've been telling people passing me by in OD2 to set it to 24 over 10. Seems like over 10 the homunculus has problems getting to its selected target or it just bugs up and doesnt respond unless i move. Why did i set it over 24? Simply to give the homunuculs more roaming freedom.

I also have ChaseGiveUp listed as 1 over 3. I've seen the homunculus get caught in a 'loop' especially if the target is just off screen.

Though i think alot of these little problems can be fixed once it figures out what class of monster it is lol. I also dont have aim/msn/gchat. I'd prefer facebook if you wanna connect with me, let me know.

Edited by Cubical, 25 January 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#38 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

What i meant with flittering is, i wanted to know if i could tell the homunculus to always keep it active through the AI, im happy its working automatically i just want him to use it more! Is there some way this can be done through the AI by tweaking something?

It should be using it as often as it's skill use delay allows. Do note that at higher levels, it has a skill use delay longer than it's duration (unfortunately, when Renewal hit, the longstanding bug wherein this cooldown was ignored was fixed). My understanding is that this has not changed in Homun S, so likely you're running into moonlight's reuse delay. Likely this is also why you can't manually cast it. I think moonlight also has a reuse delay now too

The more i watch my homunculus the more i sense the problem has to do with the AggroDist you auto set the homunculus at. I've been telling people passing me by in OD2 to set it to 24 over 10. Seems like over 10 the homunculus has problems getting to its selected target. Why did i set it over 24? Simply to give the homunuculs more roaming freedom.
AggroDist should not be set higher than 13 under any circumstances, setting it higher than that will cause broken behavior as it gets bugged out by stuff off screen. I set it to 10, because setting it higher seemed to cause bad behavior - I didn't aggressively test how high I could set it though, iirc. Try setting to 10, 11, or 12. In AzzyAI 1.4, I will add a check to the GUI to prevent this from being set to something that will cause broken behavior.

I also have ChaseGiveUp listed as 1 over 3. I've seen the homunculus get caught in a 'loop' especially if the target is just off screen.

Though i think alot of these little problems can be fixed once it figures out what class of monster it is lol. I also dont have aim/msn/gchat. I'd prefer facebook if you wanna connect with me, let me know.

PM me the requisite info to friend you on FB? I guess we'll have to make do with that.

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 January 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#39 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

You might want to take a peek though the original MirAI azzy, it seems to be completely unaffected ( at least with my Lif - Eira ) targeting was no problem, dance scripts works OOTB, and tactics where unaffected. no /hoai or AI re-installs needed ( WIn7 / $INSTALLDIR = $DRIVEROOT\warpportal for no UAC BS )

#40 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

Trillian should support facebook's chat protocol.

#41 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

You might want to take a peek though the original MirAI azzy, it seems to be completely unaffected ( at least with my Lif - Eira ) targeting was no problem, dance scripts works OOTB, and tactics where unaffected. no /hoai or AI re-installs needed ( WIn7 / $INSTALLDIR = $DRIVEROOT\warpportal for no UAC BS )

Targeting (the targeting issue above was due to incorrect AggroDist setting), tactics, and dance should work fine on AzzyAI too.

The problem is skill selection, which you won't notice because you have a Lif, which has nothing worth autocasting post-renewal.

Trillian should support facebook's chat protocol.

Amen Sera! Do you have painkiller yet? If you do, hook me up, I could use a buzz... (pun intended)

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 January 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#42 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

Nono, I mean, I'm pretty sure Trillian *does* support it, was a statement not a suggestion.

I have apple pudding and a colony of spiders, will that do?

#43 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

Nono, I mean, I'm pretty sure Trillian *does* support it, was a statement not a suggestion.

I have apple pudding and a colony of spiders, will that do?

OH! SICK! I'll gotta set that up!

And... mmmm, I'd love the pudding if you don't mind - you can keep the spiders, thanks for offering them though!

#44 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

yea theres def something wrong with AggroDist over 10 lol, but it'll get fixed in due time hopefully.

Thanks for clarifiying the moonlight cooldown and flittering cool down. Sent you a pm about FB

what exactly does 'Kiting' do?

Edited by Cubical, 25 January 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#45 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:42 PM

yea theres def something wrong with AggroDist over 10 lol, but it'll get fixed in due time hopefully.

Thanks for clarifiying the moonlight cooldown and flittering cool down. Sent you a pm about FB

what exactly does 'Kiting' do?

I will investigate AggroDist, and either prevent it from being set to values that cause problems, or prevent it from malfunctioning when given excessively large values.

Will add you on FB tonight.

Kiting makes the homun try to stay away (and hence out of melee range) of monsters. It generally works very badly on homunculus because they have a short range with normal attacks (it'll make it do a dance unless it's set to not move to normal attack range) - the point of the skill was to improve survivability of archer mercenaries. Which it does, albeit rather poorly. The parameters are described in the documentation.

I can see it being used along with tactics by enabling paranoid kiting (ie, running away before it attacks) for a monster that you have the homun set to ignore, to try to keep it from getting on the homun. Kiting in general is best ignored for all except archer mercenaries though, particularly considering that I wrote it eons ago. It's not what I would call a shining example of good code, and doesn't work nearly as well as it theoretically could, but since it's not used much, i've left the lid firmly attached to that can of worms.

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 January 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#46 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

bathroys might be a better dungeon at this lvl

#47 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

I remember using something similar on MirAI and it worked pretty well.

My Main concern though, regarding the homunculus, are archer enemies. My homunculus is having difficulties targeting and killing Orc Archers despite the settings i have in place. They become even more trouble some if they're just outside of AggroDist range. I think if you were to look at MirAI's kiting script and apply it to your own it'd help with monsters like Orc Archers. Though im no lua expert, i know alot of time can go into making Lua script. I dont think its something you should necessarily abandon azzy. As Kiting was very useful in the past for auto casting bolts from swords.

Edited by Cubical, 25 January 2012 - 12:55 PM.

#48 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

I remember using something similar on MirAI and it worked pretty well.

My Main concern though, regarding the homunculus, are archer enemies. My homunculus is having difficulties targeting and killing Orc Archers despite the settings i have in place. They become even more trouble some if they're just outside of AggroDist range. I think if you were to look at MirAI's kiting script and apply it to your own it'd help with monsters like Orc Archers. Though im no lua expert, i know alot of time can go into making Lua script. I dont think its something you should necessarily abandon azzy. As Kiting was very useful in the past for auto casting bolts from swords.

MirAI's kiting worked very differently from mine - i know how they did it, and it may be a better way in theory, and it probably is in practice - but I was convinced my way was better when I did it/ I think my way in principle may be better, but the implementation is halfassed.

Some day i'll cut open that can of worms and rewrite it from the ground up, but first I need to add support foooor....

5 new homun types 6 new autocasting offensive skills, 6 (maybe 7) selfbuff skills, account for the fact that homuns have skills from their first form as well and find a way to sort those out, entirely rewrite the way I control buff skill use and the whole self-buff system, add support for combos, fix PVP since these are now relevant in woe, and of course fuzz-test the API to look for useful information not previously exposed as well as bugs and exploits, and then rewrite the GUI to support all these new features (which is a real PITA, because it's written in MSVC++, which I don't know).

Dun dun da dun
Swish slash I was killin some baths
On a recent saturday night...

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 January 2012 - 01:11 PM.

#49 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

Yeaaa OD2 is super slow even for afking standards lol.

#50 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

then lets all move to bathroys guys
yeah bathroys is a LOT BETTER

Edited by Niji, 25 January 2012 - 01:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users