[List] Quality of Life improvements. - Page 2 - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[List] Quality of Life improvements.

149 replies to this topic

#26 1903121229162606143

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUSA! USA!
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:RO2 is DEAD

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

Well remember they just hit steam so they have a huge position to make some money if they will only listen to the community. At least Warp Portal is doing Q&A which is more than kRO2 and SEA

Point taken.
I really hope they listen.

#27 Norava

Norava

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Well remember they just hit steam so they have a huge position to make some money if they will only listen to the community. At least Warp Portal is doing Q&A which is more than kRO2 and SEA

Steam could honestly care less about the quality of the game and what goes on in it. Steam doesn't pay WarpPortal; WarpPortal pays Steam to have their game featured in their portal.

DragonNest and Vindictus have been on Steam for a quite a while. Did that encourage Nexon to fix their games? lolnope.

#28 Lucy Ashely

Lucy Ashely

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

i think we are still well within benefit of the doubt territory, i can think of a few games that i shelled out real money for and had not had easily fixable bug fixed with in the first few months/ever

Edited by Lucy Ashely, 20 May 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#29 vFlare

vFlare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Steam could honestly care less about the quality of the game and what goes on in it. Steam doesn't pay WarpPortal; WarpPortal pays Steam to have their game featured in their portal.

DragonNest and Vindictus have been on Steam for a quite a while. Did that encourage Nexon to fix their games? lolnope.

I don't think that was the point at all. Steam's user count peaks at around 5 million users on a daily basis and they advertise new and popular games every day. I became aware of RO2 being publicly released because of Steam. You don't think Warp Portal invested in having their game featured on Steam because there was an increased possibility of attracting thousands of potentially paying players, thus increasing their revenue exponentially? You don't think more revenue allows for increasingly more development activity? If potential players look at RO2's Steam page and they see nothing but negative or unimpressive comments from their friends or other people, you think that those potential players are going to want to play, or pay anything to support them? With more marketing, comes more responsibility for improvement.

Dragon Nest garnered very little attention, even I hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it, with it's 1,500 recommendations on Steam since December 18, 2012. Vindictus managed 4,500 recommendations since June 22, 2012. This information doesn't really tell us anything of significance, but my theory is that Vindictus had far more players than Dragon Nest and that's why it also got content expansions. In comparison, Ragnarok Online 2 already has 2,100 recommendations in merely the first 20 days and has a pre-existing following because of the original Ragnarok Online. I don't think Warp Portal or Gravity are at all like Nexon either.

#30 Norava

Norava

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

I don't think that was the point at all. Steam's user count peaks at around 5 million users on a daily basis and they advertise new and popular games every day. I became aware of RO2 being publicly released because of Steam. You don't think Warp Portal invested in having their game featured on Steam because there was an increased possibility of attracting thousands of potentially paying players, thus increasing their revenue exponentially? You don't think more revenue allows for increasingly more development activity? If potential players look at RO2's Steam page and they see nothing but negative or unimpressive comments from their friends or other people, you think that those potential players are going to want to play, or pay anything to support them? With more marketing, comes more responsibility for improvement.

You're either completely naive or severely overestimate localized Korean online games. WarpPortal doesn't "invest" in having their game featured on Steam. They come to an agreement, have the game featured on Steam, and Steam takes a huge royalty for every transaction incurred by players playing via Steam. Increased reveneus with these companies will never, EVER promote faster development. Please show me a Korean gaming company that has rewarded its player base with a huge influx of extra content because of their sales.

If a player doesn't want to play a game based on what peers and random people on the internet have to say about it and not actually try it, then by all means. I'd rather not play with a mindless drone who can't make a decision for himself anyway.

Dragon Nest garnered very little attention, even I hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it, with it's 1,500 recommendations on Steam since December 18, 2012. Vindictus managed 4,500 recommendations since June 22, 2012. This information doesn't really tell us anything of significance, but my theory is that Vindictus had far more players than Dragon Nest and that's why it also got content expansions. In comparison, Ragnarok Online 2 already has 2,100 recommendations in merely the first 20 days and has a pre-existing following because of the original Ragnarok Online.

Vindictus has been out much longer than Dragon Nest. Both are published by Nexon, but developed by different companies. Steam "recommendations" and CCU numbers have nothing to do with new content. The argument here is that if the gamebreaking/aggravating bugs and mechanics aren't fixed right away (which they inevitably won't) then that "recommendation" momentum will come to a screeching halt once players see how low-quality this game is.

I don't think Warp Portal or Gravity are at all like Nexon either.

They're both Korean.
They both follow the microtransaction business model.
They both specialize in mmorpg's.
Definitely not alike at all.

#31 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:36 AM

I hear what you are all saying, but I think this thread is getting sidetracked from it's original intent, so could we please try to keep on track? Thanks.

I am quite aware that most of these suggestions will not see the daylight in RO2, but that won't keep me from updating on what could use a tweak or two in the game.

#32 vFlare

vFlare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

You're either completely naive or severely overestimate localized Korean online games. WarpPortal doesn't "invest" in having their game featured on Steam. They come to an agreement, have the game featured on Steam, and Steam takes a huge royalty for every transaction incurred by players playing via Steam.

This is called an investment, whether you acknowledge it or not.

Increased reveneus with these companies will never, EVER promote faster development. Please show me a Korean gaming company that has rewarded its player base with a huge influx of extra content because of their sales.

I didn't say faster development, I said more development activity. Any self-sustaining business isn't going to invest more of it's resources into a failing product. If the game isn't making them money then development seizes and they move on to another product. Otherwise, they continue on.

If a player doesn't want to play a game based on what peers and random people on the internet have to say about it and not actually try it, then by all means. I'd rather not play with a mindless drone who can't make a decision for himself anyway.

Despite your contrasting perspective, reviews can adversely affect a game. I don't necessarily care what other people say, nor do I think anyone should, but it's a fact that some people do. In fact, I had someone ask me if the game was good or not after posting 15+ screenshots on Steam. People are more apt to play a game if it's constantly getting updates and bug fixes; I know people who exclusively seek out this sort of information for any game. What I say in regards to that can completely dictate their decision and further affect future potential Kafra Shop sales.

#33 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

Guys, stop that discussion please. Take it somewhere else. It does not belong here. Sorry.

I added the point 8.5 about the Colusseum # XXXX NAME became the champion spam being annoying
I also added the point 8.6 with the Knight Bug -> Shield boomerang instead of Aura Strike. Annoying Shield Boomerang Mastery takes Aura Strike's hotkey (F).

Edited by MuuhMuuh, 21 May 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#34 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

Please refrain from talking about other games, and stay on topic! Thanks.

#35 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Please refrain from talking about other games, and stay on topic! Thanks.

Thanks Zanbee. It's nice to get some backup and recognition of the thread here. Hopefully I will one day get a reply on the future of these things that has been posted here. I will continue to maintain the list.

Added 8.7 about the Raid Marker being stuck over your head

#36 BerLeo

BerLeo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

User Channels are poorly implemented. When you log out you leave the channel and the "crown" goes to someone else. When you log back in and join the channel (haven't been able to get /join to work either, had to use the UI) you still don't have the crown. Your custom color for the channel is reset to default. ETC.
IMO it should be...
  • Channels people are in should be Remembered. I should be able to log in and resume talking with my buds without being in a guild or party.
  • Custom Color should be remembered. I don't want to set my channel's color to 0,200,200 every time I log in. (edit: you can probably store it in our charcter XML)
  • There should be a silver crown or something that the channel 'leader' can give anyone in the channel, that would allow them to expel users that don't have a crown
Otherwise, it's easier to just join a guild. but then you're stuck with the guild chat's color.

Edited by BerLeo, 21 May 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#37 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Great to see more Feedback and new posters here! Thanks BerLeo. Your link is added to the front page.

I was wrong about 8.6, it has been changed accordingly.

Edited by MuuhMuuh, 21 May 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#38 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

I am going to pin this since it has a lot of good ideas.

If other players want to add to the topic, we can make this the base for "Quality of Life" fixes.

#39 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

I am going to pin this since it has a lot of good ideas.

If other players want to add to the topic, we can make this the base for "Quality of Life" fixes.

Thank you Njoror. I appreciate it. It's nice to see things like this isn't overlooked.

If the list gets big enough, I will reformat it and re-write it, so it will be easier for all to navigate and read. Including more in-depth and detail.

Keep up the good work folks.

#40 SSpardAA

SSpardAA

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

9.1 The Colusseum - The award for killing a person should be based on % damage dealt, or at least who contributed to the fight. Only giving a reward to the player dealing the killing blow, leads to people waiting to attack, just to get the award. Include Assists in this system. This would also solve the problem about Healers not really gaining anything from joining the Colusseum - Submitted by 1812130505113343537

Agree with the Coliseum award base on % of damage dealt.. It's so annoying when someone just steals ur kill and win the Coliseum because of it.. Happened to me twice already.. I was number 2 killing this Sorcerer that was number 1 and there's like 200 left on her health then an Assassin suddenly appeared used his jump skill then stole my kill.. Another one was a sorcerer stealing my kill.. Winning Coliseum using a Melee character that are not DPS based like Monk, Knight, Warrior or Beastmaster is so hard because we can't out DPS an Assassin, Rogue, Ranger, Sorc or Wizard. Assassins and Rogues most of the time just hide and killsteal. Rangers got their traps and emergency jump backward skill combined with Wind Walk plus their Range advantage killing them is so hard coz they run so fast and can suddenly make ur character stop because they can poop a trap, then for Wizard and Sorcerer they got lots of DOTS, slowing us down with cold bolt, freezing us with frost driver plus their range advantage. With the kill stealing, sliding character bug and Coliseum catering to range and dps characters it's hard to enjoy it..

Edited by SSpardAA , 22 May 2013 - 05:51 AM.

#41 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Hey SSpardAA.
I'm glad you're interested in this, and yes I really agree on the Colusseum being a mess at the moment. Could you please edit your post, so instead of quoting my original post, put it in
[spoiler]here goes text[/spoiler]
the spoiler tags? That way, it won't fill as much, and easier for people to read through the post. Once again, thanks for your input! I really feel the Colusseum at the moment could use quite a rework, because I don't think it's a very good addition to the game. As I said, it's a mess. I will probably get more into detail on it once I get more experience with the whole system.

#42 toskene

toskene

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

Glad a thread with multiple suggestions finally got pinned! I agree with everything listed here 100%, but aren't the Knight problems bugs and not suggestions? If you are adding bugs to this list... I had lots of problems with my thief and the skill Dark Illusion. If this skill is used slightly out of range the skill still goes off, teleports your character to the backside of a mob but instead of attacking you just stand there or worse your attack goes off but misses completely and pulls you out of hiding.

One thing to add to this list of UI fixes/customizations is the ability to scale the UI (player bar, party bars, target bars, bag size, XP meter, etc.) Many people play at a smaller resolution, especially because their window mode doesn't allow for maximizing. So either an option to maximize the window in windowed mode or the option to scale the UI or even better, both of these.

#43 Gravitor

Gravitor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

Great list of suggestions!!

I play with an HD TV and sit back a bit from the screen - without being able to change the font I can't read chat. I'd love to see some of those user interface additions, would be terrific.

I'd like to add one thing - BAGS. I would like to be able to use the item filter in a way that will auto filter how I want it to. If this means allowing me to label my bags by item type, or even saving a user default to the sorting order that lets me retain the way I like my bags sorted - this would be amazing.

And fast swapping bags. If i get a new bag and have to replace a small bag that has 12 slots, but only have 3 free slots left to empty that bag out, I'd love to be able to just equip the large bag and have the small bag replaced - this saves me the 20 minutes of needless item sorting just to add 4 more inventory slots. Oh, first world problems!

Anyway, great list!

#44 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

I'm not exactly sure this suggestion fits here, and there's already 2 threads on it (one started by me and then another started later by someone else), but I'll post it anyway, as I would consider it a huge quality of life improvement.

Add a follow command, so I can right click a character in my party and follow/unfollow them.

I like to play games with more than one character at a time, and it gets very difficult to move multiple characters around in a coordinated manner without a follow command. Most games have one, so I think its a perfectly reasonable request (I was quite surprised when I found that there wasn't one in the game actually).

#45 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

@toskene Regarding the bugs, yes, but as it's not totally gamebreaking bugs, I still consider it a QoL improvement. Easier to keep it in one list. As stated earlier, when the list gets bigger, I will re-format it, so it's easier to navigate it. Thank you for your suggestion.

@Gravitor Thank you! Great QoL suggestions :] Thank you for contributing.

I have added your suggestions (9.4 , 9.5 , 9.6)

#46 Ansune

Ansune

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

One thing to add to this list of UI fixes/customizations is the ability to scale the UI (player bar, party bars, target bars, bag size, XP meter, etc.) Many people play at a smaller resolution, especially because their window mode doesn't allow for maximizing. So either an option to maximize the window in windowed mode or the option to scale the UI or even better, both of these.

In addition to this, I'd like the ability to hide my name, player names, NPC names. Also the ability to not only resize the UI, but to move every part of it to a custom location. Lastly, I'd especially like to be able to move the meter and skill notifier that pops up to the left/right of your character when using skills, such as Aura for Swordsman, Holy Water for Acolyte, etc.

#47 3329130502155026273

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

I've got something I'd like added to the OP:

I'd like this to be fixed. I'm not sure if it's intentional as the commenters state or if it's a glitch. Regardless, it's something that should be fixed by WP.

#48 Chimiko

Chimiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Bug list i've gotten from playing my rogue also a few sugestion how to improve the rogue gameplay:

Bugs:

Dark Illusion: does not always hit its target, it can teleport you behind the target without attacking it. It's almost unusable in colo and fast moving mobs.
Mark of Death: Can actually miss, im not sure if its intended or not but i doubt it is for a 2min cooldown.
Moonlight Drive: Does not always deal the 2x damage from crits on the last "big attack" (not sure how the damage calculations are handled so this is unconfirmed for the time being)

Gameplay Improvments:

Moonlight Drive: The animation is waaay to long as it is right now. It makes it more of an annoyance to use. We're already heavily crippled from being melee. We dont need to be crippled even more. PvE and PvP alike.
Suggestion: Increase the animation speed of the ability.

Mark of Death: The animation of this is way to long aswell, it also cancles your auto attacking, it is rather annoying when your trying to weaving. That's a DPS loss right there.
Suggestion: Make it so Mark of Death counts as an offensive ability and does not break auto-attacking

Smoke Bomb: Smoke bomb should remove all form of dots/cc's we have on us and make us immune to damage for like 0.5 sec. Call it WoW rogue's or not but people's dot's holds way to long we can hardly use it without going out of stealth 0.5 seconds later. It would also help us to get closer to a target. Right now we cannot do ANYTHING other than 1 ability when we're snared and we have no movement speed increases so we can't catch up with people
Suggestion: Give smokebomb a 0.5 damage immunity when hopping into hide also break all CC and removes all DOT's when doing so to increase the mobility of the rogue class.

Dirty Plan: This is problay the most annoying ability to use in Colo even considering how good it is. The "animation" and "Animation lock" needs to be removed from this ability. It hinders our "fast paced" gameplay button mashing style. I've died SO many times due to the stupid animation.
Suggestion: Remove the Animation and the Animation lock on your character completely from this ability.

Unstable Dopping: This ability is great don't get me wrong but the cost of keeping this ability up is way to high. The convert rate should be more up around 20~30% insted of 10%. It takes way to long to rack up the 30% attack power. Specially if you died in a fight or doing colo. Even with spamming pots. Also its VERY costly.
Suggestion: Increase the HP to ap convert rate to speed lessen the burden on rogues to always have to carry tons of pots to rack up 30% AP or you could buff the buff duration but that wouldent help rogues in colo. to maybe 5min or 4min insted of 3.

Gangster's Paradise:This ability is for our survival, it's actually its our only ability for survival other than smoke bomb. It's a very good one aswell for duels. Unfortunaly it costs 5 CP to make it 10 seconds to make use of its full potential that make's it VERY VERY hard to use in high pressure situation both with PvE and PvP. The 5 CP cost is simply to high. Why you might ask. If you get hit by an AoE attack and have 1k hp left the first thing you're going to do is pot(pve) then your going to use Gangster's Paradise. The problem is that you almost never have 5 CP's up and running to use the full duration of GP. So before you racked up 5 CP's against your going to be at full health from all the AoE healing and you just wasted GP cooldown for nothing. Im not saying the ability is bad cause it's not its very much essential for the rogue class but it feels like it cripples us more than it helps us at times. GP should also heal you the moment you activate it. It does not. It ONLY heals you after 2 seconds of running.
So here is a scenario:
You get hit by 5k damage > you have 1k left > you pot for 1k > so you have 2k > activates GP > 1 second goes and you get hit by another AoE ability that hits you for 2k, you die.
The point is that we need it to heal us the moment you use it. Not 2 seconds afterwards cause then its problay to late. All the mobility was given to the assassin's rogues got no mobility at all, we need to become a more durable class else our class will eventually die out.
Suggestion: Increase the cooldown on GP from 30 > 40 seconds at max rank, also consider making it cost less CP or none at. Make GP "heal" the moment you activate the ability instead of 2 seconds later.

Edited by Chimiko, 27 May 2013 - 01:50 AM.

#49 BerLeo

BerLeo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

In addition to the Rogue QoL improvements I'd add that the current implementations for Hide/Smoke Bomb are a little confusing.
If you have any of the capture mallets equipped you can't use Hide, but you can smoke bomb. I doubt that was intentional and I feel its silly to not be able to hide without a dagger.
Also, Meteor Assault works with the hammers but Rolling Cutter doesn't. I know this makes a bit more sense since you're not throwing kunai or anything around with meteor assault, but is it intentional?

and something else I thought would be nice,
It'd be great if there were a way to toggle writing chat logs to disk. I looked and I'm pretty sure there's no logging right now, but it'd be nice to see if you missed anything your friends said while idling, or you can open up the "all" log and Ctrl+F for price checks on items.

#50 grizby2

grizby2

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

hi guys, glad this thread is here!

i have a few suggestions.

its kind of hard to tell when someone you know logs in if they arent your friend on steam when playing this game.
i think it would be great if a small notification poped up telling you who just logged in, wether it be a friend or a guild mate ect.
i feel bad when i say "welcome back ____!" only to have them tell me that they logged in 10 minutes ago.

also, i feel that the guild notice is WAY too small. it isn't much of a notice if you cant write much. its a bit of a chore to keep in touch with guild mates in general.
ive played other mmo's that had a "bulletin board" tab, which allowed guild members to "leave a message" for other guild mates to see. if it was an old message, they could delete it themselves or a higher ranking member could delete it for them.
i think this would help new players become more social. ive learned that most players are great people, its just that they're shy at first!

now im not sure if having to look at the enemy will go away, (i doubt it) but im going to say it: other 3d mmorpg's simply auto-target the monster behind you when you attack again. i understand it realistically makes sense to have to turn your character around and face the monster to hit it, but there are times when its too much, especially when the monster runs past you (a consistant problem for melee classes as the OP has stated). i don't think auto-targeting things behind you would tip the scales of gameplay that much.

tab-targeting should prioritize the closest enemy to you. theres nothing worse than accidentaly getting the attention of a monster 20 meters away from you, all the while still being hit by the monster in front of you.

i also remember reading a thread that suggested DoT skills stacking from seperate players (ie: two priests in a party, 1 priest's DoT skills are now useless). :sob:

thats all i can think of. i'll come back if i can think of anything else!

Edited by grizby2, 22 May 2013 - 09:29 PM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users