Memorial Weekend+May 22nd Maint. Thread - Page 7 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Memorial Weekend+May 22nd Maint. Thread

• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

#151 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

The buck does stop with me, and there is a wonderful system in place for reporting bugs, it is the ticket system. I and my team received no tickets about the errors, I will be finding out why any submitted didn't get to us now. I am not a Community manager anymore, if I were I would be on the forums everyday yes I would know more, but my time won't allow that. I do accept responsibility and always have, but I don't need the attitude and the constant beligerence from the community. It only poisons the community more against us and frankly if I listened to the community 100% I would be under the impression that we should never do anything, and I would just sob in a corner doing nothing until I'm eventually fired. From a perspective of keeping the community "Happy" you want things, we do those things and you are unhappy about it. We don't do things and you still are unhappy.

You all are fortunate that we do give a crap and want to keep expanding the game, yes malaya had 2 bugs, both are fixed now. I am reasonably sure that we would have been able to fix both of them 1st day if we got the tickets submitted about the bugs. Instead a forum post was made when we specifically are looking for very very explicit bug reports in the tickets. The forum post was not very specific and took us searching every single NPC file we have to find what they were talking about... which is a huge waste of time when a screenshot or a thorough report was made.

As for the EXP bonus for Alora hats, yes that was a mistake and it is being MORE THAN MADE UP FOR by giving more exp for the remainder of the event than would otherwise be given. The purchase is for the lingering hat, not for the temp exp bonus. I'll be honest we have a lot of unfortunate things that have happened in the past week or so that are taking up time, this is just 1 more. Right now the community seems to be attacking us trying to ruin the business, so please forgive my agitated attitude this week regarding the community, there are about 40 people in the community that I wish nothing but the worst for due to this past week and their activities in the game. The only thing that can kill iRO is the community and frankly it looks like some want that to happen.

So if you are against us, leave, if you are for RO then please give us your morale support and save your bottles of hate for a later time.

I bet there isn't one person complaining about the job Heim or Ralis is doing that would be willing to do what they did even for a week!

#152 mackey

mackey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Server:Valk

To try and give you some moral support, on the bright side, I really enjoyed the actual DOING of the Bio3 Turn In. It was really fun getting together with a party and actually having to work together and coordinate for a change.

Props to Ralis for the guess the monster event. It was really fun actually. Karakasa, Jejeling and Mi Gao were always my first three guesses ^^

Hey where do you guys read whats been changed/fixed in maintenance/patches. kinda newb at finding that anywhere.

#153 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Am I the only one that bought goggles from the NPC and upgraded till I got one to +8 then made it into a costume?

#154 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

To expand on this, those 40 people as far as I know are not anyone on the forums, they are people that are directly doing things to cause tons of headaches.

Man, if the forums are giving you this much grief and the people you're talking ill of isn't even anyone on the forums then that really says something.

#155 taskmidget

taskmidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

. If you knew what they were doing you would likely join me in my posse of justice.

CAN I JOIN THIS GUILD?

#156 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

I have Advil and Tylenol extra strength if you wants it too. Btw Heim what do you think about recent news of Volkiba trying to ally Valkyrie, shocking isn't it.

lol wut u talking about?

#157 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

I have Advil and Tylenol extra strength if you wants it too. Btw Heim what do you think about recent news of Volkiba trying to ally Valkyrie, shocking isn't it.

I know this game! Its "Who can spread the most false rumors during maintenance!"
What do you think about the recent news that African System is transferring to Yggdrasil to join Volkiba!

Edited by Riakuta, 22 May 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#158 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

I know this game! Its "Who can spread the most false rumors during maintenance!"
What do you think about the recent news that African System is transferring to Yggdrasil to join Volkiba!

dafaq u talking bout???

#159 taskmidget

taskmidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

What do you thing about the recent news that African System is transferring to Yggdrasil to join Volkiba!

I'm down I love African System. In no way am I a racist I accept guilds of all color.

#160 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:32 PM

I bet there isn't one person complaining about the job Heim or Ralis is doing that would be willing to do what they did even for a week!

I call it critiquing their work and I'm more than up for the challenge. Well, Heim's work anyway, Ralis is just modding and defending the GM teams honour.

#161 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

The costume hats will be raised 15% to 30% bonus until their event ends.

Also I assure you that there will be at least 1 more 2x EXP event during that time, it is anniversary month after all.

We are going to delete the unearned Soul Pieces, write in if you actually got it from the MVP and we will restore it.

As for not reporting stuff via tickets, I would like more info on why you don't. They don't have to understand, they just need the data to report up, if they aren't doing that then retraining is in order. In no case should the ticket system be unused because it is ____ . If we can't get reports that means we likely aren't getting normal players asking for help either which means that is a lost player.

#162 Judgemental

Judgemental

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationMasshole

The Posse of Justice; Join now and get a free hat.

Posted Image

#163 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

What is being fixed about the ultimate workbook quest?

#164 Shadiah

Shadiah

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

To expand on this, those 40 people as far as I know are not anyone on the forums, they are people that are directly doing things to cause tons of headaches.

Yes they are kinda mean, and it raises my stress level to new heights in an already somewhat stressful time of year and updates. If you knew what they were doing you would likely join me in my posse of justice.

No Heim. You are commissioner gordon/harvey dent. You must fight injustice the right and legal way. Leave it to RO man to bring them to vigilante justice.

Edit: Adding more stuff.

Heim, it would really help if the ticket system was integrated into warpportal in a way that... I didn't need a seperate log in to make a ticket. The first time I was going to report a bot, I got to the support screen, tried to log in but failed. Only later did I realize you needed to register ANOTHER id for the ticket system. This is enough to deter most people from even submitting a ticket. To be honest, if i was going to report a ticket right now, I would probably have to try several times to log in since I'm not completely sure what my login details are for the ticket system.

Edited by Shadiah, 22 May 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#165 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

Am I the only one that bought goggles from the NPC and upgraded till I got one to +8 then made it into a costume?

I did it too... and after I realized that you could just buy the Alora Box and get one of the four

Luckly I have some 20+ Goggles[1] in my storage.

#166 taskmidget

taskmidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

Also I assure you that there will be at least 1 more 2x EXP event during that time, it is anniversary month after all.

Can we have infinite repeatable anniversary quest again please because I need to level up like Valkyrie did last year. Need dat Supa Mi Gaos.

#167 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

Yes they are kinda mean, and it raises my stress level to new heights in an already somewhat stressful time of year and updates. If you knew what they were doing you would likely join me in my posse of justice.

I'm in, where do I sign up? I'm good at posse of justice stuff.

As for not reporting stuff via tickets, I would like more info on why you don't. They don't have to understand, they just need the data to report up, if they aren't doing that then retraining is in order. In no case should the ticket system be unused because it is ____ . If we can't get reports that means we likely aren't getting normal players asking for help either which means that is a lost player.

Dead honest feedback? There's the sense of automated reports and somewhat uninformed replies that come back. I know for a fact there was a ticket I sent in once and oda went and had to have words (or maybe it was you that had to have words, I really can't remember - I guess it's in my PM histroy somewhere).
In general the ticket system isn't actually very nice to use because of the kinds of replies that come back. Anyway the point is I've had a couple of bad experiences with the ticket system combined with a general dislike of the templated replies. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

It also loads really slowly and I can envision players closing the browser before the send is complete.

edit: it's also ugly. <3

Edited by Xellie, 22 May 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#168 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

Can we have infinite repeatable anniversary quest again please because I need to level up like Valkyrie did last year. Need dat Supa Mi Gaos.

Can we make portal recalling 100% legal. Because everyone loves copying Valkyrie :D!

#169 Weeeelium

Weeeelium

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 452 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

May I hope that the 2x exp continues. I believe Many costume buyers who bought it in due to the extra 15% and 2x exp were expecting to get the most out of it during the exp event. Enabling the costume's effects now without the 2x exp seems to dull the effect of the costume hats. 2x exp to make lvlers happy ^_^

#170 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

Can we make portal recalling 100% legal. Because everyone loves copying Valkyrie :D!

Too far

#171 orphels

orphels

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

I'm in, where do I sign up? I'm good at posse of justice stuff.

Dead honest feedback? There's the sense of automated reports and somewhat uninformed replies that come back. I know for a fact there was a ticket I sent in once and oda went and had to have words (or maybe it was you that had to have words, I really can't remember - I guess it's in my PM histroy somewhere).
In general the ticket system isn't actually very nice to use because of the kinds of replies that come back. Anyway the point is I've had a couple of bad experiences with the ticket system combined with a general dislike of the templated replies. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

It also loads really slowly and I can envision players closing the browser before the send is complete.

^
I second this, usually whenever i sent a ticket i filled in the information, everything they would need to fix the problem, yet ... the answer i would get back would request that same information for several times. It DOES give a sense of automated or uninformed replies as Xellie and the *bunny person stated. Personally i think forums are more used because of those 2 reasons stated, and because using the forums gives the people a sense of getting a more quick answer.

*Ramen

Edited by orphels, 22 May 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#172 Judgemental

Judgemental

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationMasshole

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

Too far

Posted Image

#173 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

Dude, just reading this thread gives me a headache. And all I see is a whole lot of QQing. I know RO has it's problems, but there are more constructive ways to go about expressing those issues. <_<

Edited by eerie, 22 May 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#174 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

We are going to delete the unearned Soul Pieces, write in if you actually got it from the MVP and we will restore it.

My guild leader just had a little rant about this on Vent after reading your post, I'll try to summarize.

Many people feel that sending tickets is not worth the effort, because a lot of the time you either get an automated response, or a response that just doesn't hit the mark. He has, on some occasion, been passed between 3 different staff members responding to his problem and then shifted onto an automatic response, by which point he gave up.

Part of this is the ticket system already having a bad stigma attached to it. People can say 'send a ticket' and the natural response to that seems to be 'lol, tickets don't work.'. Recently tickets have been a lot better, but the nasty reputation surrounding poor ticket service isn't going away with the current awkward ticket system.

A remake and more streamlined version of the ticket system could fix this problem. I don't enjoy having to log in to a separate forum every time I want to send a ticket about something, only to get a generic automated response five days later. Sure, it doesn't always happen, but when it does it's very discouraging. At least on the forums, you're going to get a response from another player, showing that awareness of the problem has been raised, or from a GM who's actually reading and responding.

If we had more of an indication that our tickets really are being read and taken seriously, I think more people would be willing to do it. I wanted to send a ticket about the bakonawa glitch the first time I discovered it, but after getting lost on the main site again and remembering my previous experiences with trying to report a certain botting rune knight (with excellent picture evidence, I might add), I just got lazy and made a forum post about it instead.

I do not wish to compare Gravity with any other company, but recently I've been playing League of Legends and browsing their forums. While their forums are horribly moderated and the community even worse than RO's, the game developers are VERY active and involved with their community, kind of like Oda except multiplied several times. Issues are usually quickly responded to by a red and openly discussed, and forumgoers can easily see the 'riot' tag above a post with a GD response in it. Something like that would help a lot.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 22 May 2012 - 09:49 PM.

#175 taskmidget

taskmidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

Yo Heim which is you in this vid to clarify which one are you and I beleive Oda is the asian who scares you and pops out at 00:32

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users