Memorial Weekend+May 22nd Maint. Thread - Page 6 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Memorial Weekend+May 22nd Maint. Thread

• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

#126 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

Eh, all good. Can't wait till maint's over. <:

#127 taskmidget

taskmidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

Let's just agree they rushed out exp hats, super exp bio turn in, new malaya update, and 2x exp just to keep us from playing Diablo 3. Too bad they messed up everything in this event and more crap came out then good.

#128 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

I think we'd all love for things to work the first time, but that's not really how the world works. Things are being worked on and fixed, so keep your pants on.

It's not Ralis fault or anyone Else's that everything that is implemented every week works correctly. It's not like they are able to test it all in a real game situation before they go live with it.

What do you want or expect them to do take the system down for maintenance every time there's a problem that needs to be fixed instead of once a week?

Every week people are complaining more & more over the smallest things.

We all know you can't get refunds on items bought from the Kafra Shop.

There also is no way possible for the GM team to give EXP for past Quests that have been completed believe me I've been through it & been there. They can not add EXP period.

Last week can't be changed but they are fixing things so this week will be better.

Be grateful for all the hard work they do put in & as far as tickets go they do reply to them within a day, two at the most if it's a weekend. The only way a ticket gets closed is after two days of no reply or you close it.

#129 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

Why don't we pay attention to the Bug Reports section of the forum? Isn't that where you're supposed to report bugs?

That would be too sensible. So shut up and go away Mr Tyranitar.

#130 mackey

mackey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

From Gravity:
Dear player, sorry about our junk item that you only purchased for a 2x exp event. Here's a refund.

(Me daydreaming during maintenance.)

Edited by mackey, 22 May 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#131 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

Bad analogy. I can return those and get another, or if I just don't want it anymore, get a refund. I can't do that with an item that doesn't work.

Have you even tried to send in a ticket to ask for a refund and the item be removed?

#132 OrochiKusanagi

OrochiKusanagi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Wow...

there are about 40 people in the community that I wish nothing but the worst for due to this past week and their activities in the game.

Way to act professional.

Edited by OrochiKusanagi, 22 May 2012 - 09:16 PM.

#133 taskmidget

taskmidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

there are about 40 people in the community that I wish nothing but the worst for due to this past week and their activities in the game.

Thats kinda mean dude. I have a coupon for anger management if you wants it.

#134 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

Protip: GM approval rate will never exceed 40%

#135 taskmidget

taskmidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

In other news on Yggdrasil this JUST IN Volkiba wants to ally Valkyrie.......Lulz

#136 Ashore

Ashore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

I thikn people are asking for proper compensation.
Yea we know the gms work hard and they dont mess up on purpose.
it just seems like you have an lot of unhappy customers now and you have more concerned over a bugged quest then customer's satisfaction. Insteading of pleasing the customer you run off to fix teh quest. Yes people saw your apologies but aren't satisfied, so they are complaining. I dont think people want to attack you but if issues aren't resolved, that's the best people can do. Cry or attack. I dont condone personal attacks either. that's teh issue , customer satisfaction.

Its a virtual game, you could implement things with a couple program lines or modify some settings. ie 2xexp but you dont choose to. the problem is real money is being spent on a virtual game, so when things/virtual items dont go out as advertised pepole are naturally going to demand money back or proper compensation.

Let's not fool ourselves teh alora hats are mostly bought due to extra experience given. not to soley make costume hats alone. How many people bought the hats to soley make pretty constumes and not do it for the exp. not to mention 2x exp event. Yes i know its a business, and i get its a good idea to entice customers to buy exp giving items during exp events. IF it wasn't planned that way you'd get less customers buying that hat.

EDIT: this issue has been resolved. go here to view details

Edited by Ashore, 22 May 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#137 Shadiah

Shadiah

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Valkyrie

The buck does stop with me, and there is a wonderful system in place for reporting bugs, it is the ticket system. I and my team received no tickets about the errors, I will be finding out why any
LONG RANT...

Heim, it's ok. I don't know how long you've been at this job but some people want everything. Gotta grow some thick skin for the job (although it looks like Ralis needs it more since he's community manager who has no power over what people think he does) Also, it took me 25 lucky packs to get an observer, only to have them drop to 3 mil on valk a few days later. :p_sick:

While I do agree that the ticket system isn't the best, for a big patch like this with potential bugs, it should be expected that the forums will be abuzz with discussions about the new content. Shouldn't there be some sore of general liaison between the management and the community or at least a dedicated forum person who could relay important issues back and forth? This isn't the first major patch with issues (and not the last) so shouldn't there be at least some increased monitoring of the forums at release?

You're expecting us, the community, to follow directions and make intelligent decisions, I guarantee you that we won't (as a whole). So while making a ticket would be the logical thing to do rather than tell everyone about a major exploitable bug, shouldn't this be anticipated by now? I'm not asking for constant GM forum monitoring but just heightened browsing at the release of new patches. It does say something when the community doesn't fully trust the right (ticketing) way.

#138 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Server:ymir

that's the whole point, pepoel bought the hats to stack with 2x exp. I did too, infact these "events" enticed me to buy a vip package. 20% more exp w/o 2x exp event.? I wouldnt have bought the vip package. I have gears taht can already give me 20% more exp w/o a alora hat. WHy buy the hat unless it can be stacked with 2xexp. now that 2x exp is gone, the hat compensation isnt worth much to me.

my point exactly!

#139 Judgemental

Judgemental

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationMasshole

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:21 PM

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#140 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

The buck does stop with me, and there is a wonderful system in place for reporting bugs, it is the ticket system. I and my team received no tickets about the errors, I will be finding out why any submitted didn't get to us now. I am not a Community manager anymore, if I were I would be on the forums everyday yes I would know more, but my time won't allow that. I do accept responsibility and always have, but I don't need the attitude and the constant beligerence from the community. It only poisons the community more against us and frankly if I listened to the community 100% I would be under the impression that we should never do anything, and I would just sob in a corner doing nothing until I'm eventually fired. From a perspective of keeping the community "Happy" you want things, we do those things and you are unhappy about it. We don't do things and you still are unhappy.

You all are fortunate that we do give a crap and want to keep expanding the game, yes malaya had 2 bugs, both are fixed now. I am reasonably sure that we would have been able to fix both of them 1st day if we got the tickets submitted about the bugs. Instead a forum post was made when we specifically are looking for very very explicit bug reports in the tickets. The forum post was not very specific and took us searching every single NPC file we have to find what they were talking about... which is a huge waste of time when a screenshot or a thorough report was made.

As for the EXP bonus for Alora hats, yes that was a mistake and it is being MORE THAN MADE UP FOR by giving more exp for the remainder of the event than would otherwise be given. The purchase is for the lingering hat, not for the temp exp bonus. I'll be honest we have a lot of unfortunate things that have happened in the past week or so that are taking up time, this is just 1 more. Right now the community seems to be attacking us trying to ruin the business, so please forgive my agitated attitude this week regarding the community, there are about 40 people in the community that I wish nothing but the worst for due to this past week and their activities in the game. The only thing that can kill iRO is the community and frankly it looks like some want that to happen.

So if you are against us, leave, if you are for RO then please give us your morale support and save your bottles of hate for a later time.

Hopefully I'm not one of those people. To try and give you some moral support, on the bright side, I really enjoyed the actual DOING of the Bio3 Turn In. It was really fun getting together with a party and actually having to work together and coordinate for a change. It was also fun for my class to actually be useful in a TI for once. Cool move by the way of having a Bio3 Signboard. I know there were a number of people who weren't able to complete it, so I think it will really help since they won't have to go to the actual dungeon. Not having to deal with the MVPs and the minis really helped the TI go smoothly in my opinion.

Also, I didn't know you're not a CM anymore. I had thought it seemed like you weren't on the forums as often. D:

#141 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

New policy we will specifically NOT do anything about reports on the forums..
Forums are for events, notification and you talking to each other. Not for any sort of reporting.

Yes the above would be stupid.. but the forums are NOT a direct line to the fix it place, it has to be entered into our testing queue which is only via Tickets. Yes occasionally we may notice something on the forums but is the lowest place on my and the fix it teams priority list for good reason. I hate when people post exploits on the forums we used to ban people for posting exploits and I didn't like the draconian methods I must admit it kept things more peaceful.

ok if u dont do anything of forum reports why does this section exist?
http://forums.warppo...tbug-reporting/

sorry but blame mods for not moving it to that section or reporting it

also on 20% on headgear, are u mocking us?
instead of 15% 3 weeks( 2 week was 2x exp )
u give us 15% 1 week 2x exp and 1 week 20%?

wow man thanks for doing that i guess that was FIRST and LAST time i bought WPE
that i consider a bloody scam if u seriously wanna compensate it either increase bonus to 30 or 40%
or add it to boxter to give enough points for two lucky boxes

else it just wrong, you're just gonna lose more customers like me, and i was just starting to buy WPE
good job atleast i ll be richer in real life now thanks to you

Edited by Heart, 22 May 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#142 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

Thats kinda mean dude. I have a coupon for anger management if you wants it.

To expand on this, those 40 people as far as I know are not anyone on the forums, they are people that are directly doing things to cause tons of headaches.

Yes they are kinda mean, and it raises my stress level to new heights in an already somewhat stressful time of year and updates. If you knew what they were doing you would likely join me in my posse of justice.

#143 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

In other news on Yggdrasil this JUST IN Volkiba wants to ally Valkyrie.......Lulz

This just in on Yggdrasil! Valkyrie is disbanding and giving away their accounts & equipment as they are leaving for Valkyrie Server Permanently!

#144 Shadiah

Shadiah

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Aww, am I the only one who bought the goggles costume hat to wear on my ab?

#145 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Server:ymir

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

I thikn people are asking for proper compensation.
Yea we know the gms work hard and they dont mess up on purpose.
it just seems like you have an lot of unhappy customers now and you have more concerned over a bugged quest then customer's satisfaction. Insteading of pleasing the customer you run off to fix teh quest. Yes people saw your apologies but aren't satisfied, so they are complaining. I dont think people want to attack you but if issues aren't resolved, that's the best people can do. Cry or attack. I dont condone personal attacks either. that's teh issue , customer satisfaction.

Its a virtual game, you could implement things with a couple program lines or modify some settings. ie 2xexp but you dont choose to. the problem is real money is being spent on a virtual game, so when things/virtual items dont go out as advertised pepole are naturally going to demand money back or proper compensation.

Let's not fool ourselves teh alora hats are mostly bought due to extra experience given. not to soley make costume hats alone. How many people bought the hats to soley make pretty constumes and not do it for the exp. not to mention 2x exp event. Yes i know its a business, and i get its a good idea to entice customers to buy exp giving items during exp events. IF it wasn't planned that way you'd get less customers buying that hat.

as for myself, if the gm's/cm's wanted to keep the personal attacks down, they should be more understanding of what their customer base is trying to express

#146 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

ROs problems are minor compared to the major screw up @ Blizzard with D3 - some Packet trick allowed users to access your account and empty you~ and its not a MMO, its a "single player game", hahaha
I had fun this week on RO - Nogg TI for 90-110 was epic, Homunculus leveling was easier and its sad to see the x2 exp go but I have like... a week or 2 of feeding to do on my lil sheep ~_~ the pain.

Heim, give us something to accelerate this stupid homunculus intimacy. Especially since I have to do it twice (loyal once to evolve, loyal twice to gain new skill and then evolve to S and keep it fed so it doesn't run away)

UGH O:

anyway, x2 exp event allowed me to go 96 Hunter to 102 ranger in oh about 6 hours? Would've been faster had I not wasted time on the board quests but I like doing quests, breaks the monotony of grinding the same map.

This just in on Yggdrasil! Valkyrie is disbanding and giving away their accounts & equipment as they are leaving for Valkyrie Server Permanently!

I'll take Sleipnir and Brynhild.

Edited by Kalandros, 22 May 2012 - 09:27 PM.

#147 LangyLang

LangyLang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

GM,

Can I please get an answer on what is the new Gramp's TI? Thank you! :)

I'm thinking my question has been missed, with all of the other issues!

Edited by LangyLang, 22 May 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#148 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

New policy we will specifically NOT do anything about reports on the forums..
Forums are for events, notification and you talking to each other. Not for any sort of reporting.

Yes the above would be stupid.. but the forums are NOT a direct line to the fix it place, it has to be entered into our testing queue which is only via Tickets. Yes occasionally we may notice something on the forums but is the lowest place on my and the fix it teams priority list for good reason. I hate when people post exploits on the forums we used to ban people for posting exploits and I didn't like the draconian methods I must admit it kept things more peaceful.

I think you know that a lot of players (myself included) gave up on reporting via ticket because the ticket answerers generally don't seem to understand what we are talking about X_x I'm not saying this to be douchey, it's true.

Right now the community seems to be attacking us trying to ruin the business, so please forgive my agitated attitude this week regarding the community, there are about 40 people in the community that I wish nothing but the worst for due to this past week and their activities in the game. The only thing that can kill iRO is the community and frankly it looks like some want that to happen.

Curiouser and curiouser!

Edited by Xellie, 22 May 2012 - 09:30 PM.

#149 Ashore

Ashore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

40 people during the weak was causing you havok? it must have been ultra serious and hateful to have a response like that.

#150 taskmidget

taskmidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

To expand on this, those 40 people as far as I know are not anyone on the forums, they are people that are directly doing things to cause tons of headaches.

I have Advil and Tylenol extra strength if you wants it too. Btw Heim what do you think about recent news of Volkiba trying to ally Valkyrie, shocking isn't it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users