Memorial Weekend+May 22nd Maint. Thread - Page 5 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Memorial Weekend+May 22nd Maint. Thread

• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

#101 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

i don't know what your work ethic is, but i was raised that you did it right the first time, or you didn't do it at all.......omg, damn near every answer from you gm's/cm's confirms that you truly don't care about your customer base

From what I know, Ralis and many of the other mods are only volunteers and aren't paid, so you aren't really their "customer" per se. I also don't think they don't work directly on game patches or anything of that sort. So you probably can't really expect them to be in the know of every existing game bug / fixes / compensation.

#102 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Server:ymir

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

New policy we will specifically NOT do anything about reports on the forums..
Forums are for events, notification and you talking to each other. Not for any sort of reporting.

Yes the above would be stupid.. but the forums are NOT a direct line to the fix it place, it has to be entered into our testing queue which is only via Tickets. Yes occasionally we may notice something on the forums but is the lowest place on my and the fix it teams priority list for good reason. I hate when people post exploits on the forums we used to ban people for posting exploits and I didn't like the draconian methods I must admit it kept things more peaceful.

that's just it heim, people DID submit tickets, and nothing was done, so now what are you planning on doing to fix the that?

#103 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

I would imagine that staying in touch with the player base does involve reading forums though. There will always be things that slip through the net, considering that the ticket system is unnecessarily convoluted and annoying. (and according to a lot of people, not always reliable.)

Perhaps a revision of the ticket system could be discussed at some point? Something a bit more user (and hopefully GM) friendly?

#104 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

Correct, I do not speak for Gravity nor are us mods considered their 'employees'. I pay and play the same as everyone else.

As for work ethic, I would love for everything to be perfect, flowery and happy, but it just doesn't work that way. We pay money every day for imperfections. Clothes that have holes in them, things that don't work when you take them home, things that are missing pieces when you try to build them... There are going to be issues and you just have to deal with them. They're compensating you pretty well, I'd say, by upping the EXP bonus and keeping it in longer... So I'm not sure what all the complaining is about.

#105 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

From what I know, Ralis and many of the other mods are only volunteers and aren't paid, so you aren't really their "customer" per se. I also don't think they don't work directly on game patches or anything of that sort. So you probably can't really expect them to be in the know of every existing game bug / fixes / compensation.

you are incorrect, they may be volunteers, but they still represent gravity, and i am a vip member, so no, i AM their customer

#106 Ashore

Ashore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

regarding the missing exp from alora hat. /.//////////////

I hope some good compensation like 2x exp for a week or half the week. The reason is because It was a gravity promotion.

They promised things , similar to misadvertising. Listen it was listed in patch notes there would be a 2x exp event. It's natural people would want to
buy the hat to increased their exp more during the 2x event. If there wasn't a 2x event there'd be less people purchasing the hat./box

also I feel double dupped because There was also a VIP +KP bonus limited time bonus. OKay! 2x exp, alora hat = very convincing to buy that VIP package w/ extra KP.

Its true i didnt have to pay any money and no one put a gun to my head. BUT gravity did do a promottional package during 2x event and during a hat/box event that gives exp.

So isn't that misleading to not give the exp for the hat? because teh promised exp bonuses I bought the vip package. now that i realize there was no hat bonus, i feel like i shouldnt have bought the vip +kp package (which was bought to use KP on the alora hat)

kind of late . I spent money based on advertised bonus. Yes I will accept our apology after legitimate compensation. thx

PS. CAN I or anyone trust gravity anymore? they promise things (alora hat exp bonus) at convient times(2x exp announced in patch forum notes) and can't deliver. There has to be some compensation like half 2x event. IF asked teh question is would I have bought a vip package if i could use a hat that gives 20% more exp for 2 weeks w/o 2x exp event? the answer is undeniable "NO".

EDIT: this issue had been resolved, skip to here for details.

Edited by Ashore, 22 May 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#107 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

I don't know what everyone's problem with the ticket system is. My biggest issue is that it takes forever to load when you submit it, but I'm always answered within 48 hours and anything and everything I've reported has been replaced or fixed.

#108 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

but is the lowest place on my and the fix it teams priority list for good reason. I hate when people post exploits on the forums we used to ban people for posting exploits and I didn't like the draconian methods I must admit it kept things more peaceful.

weak sauce Heim

no wonder RO is toast.

This ticket system has no provision to prioritize serious issues from mundane queries. Your turn around and actioning the tickets is also somewhat random (and that's being polite).

Lets live in the real world for a second. Of course serious issues will be reported on the forums first. If you try and deny that, then you really live in fantasy land, too lazy to do your job properly (you can delegate to make sure someone reads the forums), or are just plain incompetent.

For once, man up take it on the chin and accept that you screwed the pooch this week as you were not paying attention to the game.

The buck stops with you, as much as you try and pretend that it doesn't.

Edited by lainee, 22 May 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#109 mackey

mackey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

that's just it heim, people DID submit tickets, and nothing was done, so now what are you planning on doing to fix the that?

It's weird since, when you send a ticket about someone KS'ing you, you generally get an apology. 'sorry that happened' The mods here have no control over what goes on in the cash shop of course.
But we will remember, I wonder how many people will buy EXP increasing gear in the future. I know I don't want to anymore.

#110 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

Correct, I do not speak for Gravity nor are us mods considered their 'employees'. I pay and play the same as everyone else.

As for work ethic, I would love for everything to be perfect, flowery and happy, but it just doesn't work that way. We pay money every day for imperfections. Clothes that have holes in them, things that don't work when you take them home, things that are missing pieces when you try to build them... There are going to be issues and you just have to deal with them. They're compensating you pretty well, I'd say, by upping the EXP bonus and keeping it in longer... So I'm not sure what all the complaining is about.

unlike many on this game, i'm not rolling in zeny, i paid 19mil for the alora costume box, and now have less than 9mil, for something that did not work, and i find this to be completely unacceptable

#111 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

weak sauce Heim

no wonder RO is toast.

This ticket system has no provision to prioritize serious issues from mundane queries. Your turn around and actioning the tickets is also somewhat random (and that's being polite).

Lets live in the real world for a second. Of course serious issues will be reported on the forums first. If you try and deny that, then you really live in fantasy land, too lazy to do your job properly (you can delegate to make sure someone reads the forums), or are just plain incompetent.

For once, man up take it on the chin and accept that you screwed the pooch this week as you were not paying attention to the game.

OMG!!!!! i SECOND!!!!

#112 Shadiah

Shadiah

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

For those complaining about the costume hat box (I bought 3 tickets), I think the costumes did work, they just stopped working when they did the 2x exp event. I too wanted to see 2x exp + costume hat but too bad. Now they're improving it to 20% for the duration so ... it's done and over with? I mean what more can they do other than extend the event of bonus/rush us some more costume gear (please romantic gent/sweet gent/cowboy hat).

I can tell heim's already stressed out and frustrated since his posts being a bit snippier than usual so yeah, a fix/compensation has been named for this and the bio3 ti so stop spamming about it.

#113 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

you are incorrect, they may be volunteers, but they still represent gravity, and i am a vip member, so no, i AM their customer

Looks like Ralis replied just before you posted.

One thing the ticketing system doesn't provide is that sometimes another user may have ran into the same problem and may have found a workaround or a fix. It's always nice to know somebody else is having the same problem too. And with so many 23 hour cooldown quests, sometimes a 48 hour wait just doesn't cut it.

But I'll be sure to post a ticket on anything I've found from now on.

Edited by kasshin, 22 May 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#114 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

weak sauce Heim

no wonder RO is toast.

Damn girl, you freaking rock. +9001!

#115 mackey

mackey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Server:Valk

I have never purchased 'clothing with holes in them' I didn't buy second hand crap at a Kafra thrift shop. I bought something to supplement my VIP battle priest during the 2X EXP event. Also when i buy things that are broken out of the box in the real world, I get a refund. (and usually an apology)

#116 Yomihime

Yomihime

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationWandering aimlessly in Ragnarok universe

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

Gramps will give those BB and any unturned in BIO TIs with double normal XP

Does it mean that it's already "fixed"? I'm glad that I haven't turned in mine yet.

#117 Hyperlink

Hyperlink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

no wonder RO is toast.

:no1:

#118 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

I have never purchased 'clothing with holes in them' I didn't buy second hand crap at a Kafra thrift shop. I bought something to supplement my VIP battle priest during the 2X EXP event. Also when i buy things that are broken out of the box in the real world, I get a refund. (and usually an apology)

same

#119 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

New policy we will specifically NOT do anything about reports on the forums..
Forums are for events, notification and you talking to each other. Not for any sort of reporting.

Yes the above would be stupid.. but the forums are NOT a direct line to the fix it place, it has to be entered into our testing queue which is only via Tickets. Yes occasionally we may notice something on the forums but is the lowest place on my and the fix it teams priority list for good reason. I hate when people post exploits on the forums we used to ban people for posting exploits and I didn't like the draconian methods I must admit it kept things more peaceful.

My problem with the ticket system is this:

If I report a bug, I am very specific about every known detail of what I believe to be a bug, and list everything I know that you need in order to do your tests and whatnot. I even include screen shots of what is going on. I expect to get an email to the effect of, "Thank you for informing us of this bug. We'll take a look at it and try to get it fixed soon." Not really expecting anything spectacular, but instead what I get is, "Please fill out this form and let us know what you are experiencing in game," which let's me know that whoever was replying to my ticket did not even read the initial ticket, because if they had they would have been able to fill out that form themselves.

If there was some bit of information that they needed that I hadn't provided in the initial report, the appropriate action would have been to tell me specifically what they need to know, not ask me to fill out some stupid form that I've already answered all of the questions to. >_>

#120 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

The buck does stop with me, and there is a wonderful system in place for reporting bugs, it is the ticket system. I and my team received no tickets about the errors, I will be finding out why any submitted didn't get to us now. I am not a Community manager anymore, if I were I would be on the forums everyday yes I would know more, but my time won't allow that. I do accept responsibility and always have, but I don't need the attitude and the constant beligerence from the community. It only poisons the community more against us and frankly if I listened to the community 100% I would be under the impression that we should never do anything, and I would just sob in a corner doing nothing until I'm eventually fired. From a perspective of keeping the community "Happy" you want things, we do those things and you are unhappy about it. We don't do things and you still are unhappy.

You all are fortunate that we do give a crap and want to keep expanding the game, yes malaya had 2 bugs, both are fixed now. I am reasonably sure that we would have been able to fix both of them 1st day if we got the tickets submitted about the bugs. Instead a forum post was made when we specifically are looking for very very explicit bug reports in the tickets. The forum post was not very specific and took us searching every single NPC file we have to find what they were talking about... which is a huge waste of time when a screenshot or a thorough report was made.

As for the EXP bonus for Alora hats, yes that was a mistake and it is being MORE THAN MADE UP FOR by giving more exp for the remainder of the event than would otherwise be given. The purchase is for the lingering hat, not for the temp exp bonus. I'll be honest we have a lot of unfortunate things that have happened in the past week or so that are taking up time, this is just 1 more. Right now the community seems to be attacking us trying to ruin the business, so please forgive my agitated attitude this week regarding the community, there are about 40 people in the community that I wish nothing but the worst for due to this past week and their activities in the game. The only thing that can kill iRO is the community and frankly it looks like some want that to happen.

So if you are against us, leave, if you are for RO then please give us your morale support and save your bottles of hate for a later time.

#121 Shadiah

Shadiah

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

Eh, but you have in-game events (I know you use your own items for a lot of these) and a big yellow voice. I want a big yellow voice so I can tell everyone to dance for me and dance they will for the mystery item that I have (which is a poopoo hat since I am cheap).

#122 Ashore

Ashore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

For those complaining about the costume hat box (I bought 3 tickets), I think the costumes did work, they just stopped working when they did the 2x exp event. I too wanted to see 2x exp + costume hat but too bad. Now they're improving it to 20% for the duration so ... it's done and over with? I mean what more can they do other than extend the event of bonus/rush us some more costume gear (please romantic gent/sweet gent/cowboy hat).

I can tell heim's already stressed out and frustrated since his posts being a bit snippier than usual so yeah, a fix/compensation has been named for this and the bio3 ti so stop spamming about it.

that's the whole point, pepoel bought the hats to stack with 2x exp. I did too, infact these "events" enticed me to buy a vip package. 20% more exp w/o 2x exp event.? I wouldnt have bought the vip package. I have gears taht can already give me 20% more exp w/o a alora hat. WHy buy the hat unless it can be stacked with 2xexp. now that 2x exp is gone, the hat compensation isnt worth much to me.

Edited by Ashore, 22 May 2012 - 09:09 PM.

#123 frohzn

frohzn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

@Heim Clam down

#124 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

I think we'd all love for things to work the first time, but that's not really how the world works. Things are being worked on and fixed, so keep your pants on.

I would love for things to work, period. We get Thursday/Friday maintenances all the time according to Oda and in a situation where an item that people spent real money for isn't working, a quest that takes several hours to do is giving half of it's reward/not even working, the new island we rushed out isn't working properly/at all... we can't get an emergency maintenance?

We've had them for the silliest of things before, but when a lot of the game isn't even working we couldn't get any?

Better idea instead of the tickets for bugs. Why don't we pay attention to the Bug Reports section of the forum? Isn't that where you're supposed to report bugs?

Clothes that have holes in them, things that don't work when you take them home

Bad analogy. I can return those and get another, or if I just don't want it anymore, get a refund. I can't do that with an item that doesn't work.

#125 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

From a perspective of keeping the community "Happy" you want things, we do those things and you are unhappy about it. We don't do things and you still are unhappy.

Sadly, this is kind of true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users