Kagerou/Oboro testing open on Sakray - Page 6 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Kagerou/Oboro testing open on Sakray

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
382 replies to this topic

#126 Fluffyninja

Fluffyninja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

So Oda, I went ahead and made some screenshots of which NPCs don't recognize you as a "Ninja" when you're an Oboro. (Haven't tested as a Kagerou personally.)

Kaibara:
Spoiler

Kaishin:
Spoiler

Batshu:
Spoiler

Boshu:
Spoiler

Tetsu:
Spoiler

Also, Mikatsuki doesn't display its weapon description info.
Spoiler

*EDIT1: Modified the post so the screenshots are in spoilers.

*EDIT2: Accidentally posted wrong SS for Kaishin.

Edited by Fluffyninja, 27 January 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#127 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

What is the best weapon for Kunai Build Kagerou?

#128 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

What is the best weapon for Kunai Build Kagerou?

Probably nothing. They seem incredibly pitiful if Sakray tests are any indicator of how they'll be on official servers.
Probably a +9 Double Expert Archer Grimtooth and a Quad Kingbird Main Gauche on the left-hand, although I doubt even any of that will help. I also can't even test if ranged % damage affects the new Kunai "skills".

#129 natsume1990

natsume1990

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationGeffen

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Today I am getting sprite errored the moment I get on Sakray. um meh

#130 Maximz

Maximz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

Are you sure? Dex added a "lot" of damage for the two Kunai skills it looked like. (it also added 600 to Throw Kunai, if that matters)

I just feel the skills are awfully weak. Hopefully it's just Sakray being wonky with damage output like it usually is, though.

Oda, I'd also like if possible, for you to post on the forums for what the skills are supposed to do. The descriptions currently are a bit... Engrish-y. I think one of them says it eliminates fixed cast time and reduces variable cast time by 50%?

yes im sure i tested the dmg first without dex then i tested it with 90 dex no change in dmg if there was change it might be like 100 dmg >.> not enough to warrant that its adding more dmg the dmg it atk based and dex is not giving much atk. i dont know which skill you tested alltho i assume its swirling petal swirling petal is reliant on dex/agi i dont have rapid throw alltho i dont consider that a kunai skill. i didnt test throw kunai and since there is no stat reset npc i have no way of trying. kunai explosion and kunai splash however did not change in dmg with dex where as if i equip a meg which is about 120 str (yea i kno 120 is alot but its the only way to modify my str at the moment) my dmg goes up by about 2k so i go from dealing 3k with lvl 1 kunai splash to 5k with kunai splash so yes...im positive

Is it Tetsu? What is the last dialog the NPC says to you?

sorry i didnt respond sooner alltho Fluffyninja seems to have covered what i was talking about

So Oda, I went ahead and made some screenshots of which NPCs don't recognize you as a "Ninja" when you're an Oboro. (Haven't tested as a Kagerou personally.)

Kaibara:

Spoiler

Kaishin:
Spoiler

Batshu:
Spoiler

Boshu:
Spoiler

Tetsu:
Spoiler

Also, Mikatsuki doesn't display its weapon description info.
Spoiler

*Modified the post so the screenshots are in spoilers.

also oda please please pleaseeee if you can i feel it would be better for testing if all currently available gear from the chaos server (things like CEB, robo eyes, backpacks etc etc...) would be available on sakray (someone was also asking for all cards aswell...i kinda would like that too it would make testing builds and skill dmg a whole lot easier!) as well as a npc stat/skill reset pleaseeeee remaking takes forever i know you orginally wanted everyone to test the quest but i feel after all this time i believe the quest has been tested enough to say its working i dont see any bugs with it ...other then what one person said that the last portion should have more spawn of the single enemy cause then you have multiple people looking for one enemy and if possible please put some more targets so not everyone focuses on one target and if you can make them demi-human with WoE Reductions that would be greatly appreciated if not ....please make them demi human (im just trying to figure out the damage accordingly and test out my skills and such as best i can im sorry if im asking for too much)

Edited by Maximz, 27 January 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#131 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

they really need to put a skill/stat reset in

#132 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1811 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

^agreed
made several kagerou (since the job change test isnt hard anyways); havent tested the new kunai skills with archer skel cards/proper gear yet, but i think at this rate, magic ninjas will be more efficient for leveling (even with crap gear); get to 150/50 then reset to get debuff/support skills for woe (if it turns out to be viable anyways/or maybe even just for fun)

Edited by ka10, 27 January 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#133 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Skills
------------
Learning some skills to lv5 sometimes give you sprite error although logging back in makes it go away.
Currently the skill "Illusion - Shadow" also gives everyone on the screen sprite error, the one that copies yourself.
The skill "Shadow Trampling" does not reveal any hidden monsters/players - hide, shadow hide, etc. Does nothing. Maybe the description is wrong.
"Illusion - Bewitch Lv1" makes the monster go onto your cell but you don't move (not position bug).
"Illusion - Bewitch Lv2" does nothing and both lv 1 and lv 2 gives the long skill delay.
Not sure if intended but the effects of "Cast Ninja Spell" prolongs in the area (the new lunatic who spawns automatically get all the effects) forever without any indication (just invisible). So when fire, ice are casted onto the area, new lunatics immediately get ice & burn same time even after a while.

Weapons
--------------
Currently "Huuma Thunderstorm" and "Humma Fluttering Snow" do not auto-cast the skills that are in the descriptions, Lightning Jolt and Flake Snow Draft, respectively.
"Mikatsuki" has no weapon description on it.

Edited by michaeleeli, 27 January 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#134 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Ah this is gonna be a long list of fixes before it even gets implemented on chaos... I'd like to get past the sprite errors first though. :p_sad:

#135 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Skills
------------
Learning some skills to lv5 sometimes give you sprite error although logging back in makes it go away.
Currently the skill "Illusion - Shadow" also gives everyone on the screen sprite error, the one that copies yourself.
The skill "Shadow Trampling" does not reveal any hidden monsters/players - hide, shadow hide, etc. Does nothing. Maybe the description is wrong.
"Illusion - Bewitch Lv1" makes the monster go onto your cell but you don't move (not position bug).
"Illusion - Bewitch Lv2" does nothing and both lv 1 and lv 2 gives the long skill delay.
Not sure if intended but the effects of "Cast Ninja Spell" prolongs in the area (the new lunatic who spawns automatically get all the effects) forever without any indication (just invisible). So when fire, ice are casted onto the area, new lunatics immediately get ice & burn same time even after a while.

Weapons
--------------
Currently "Huuma Thunderstorm" and "Humma Fluttering Snow" do not auto-cast the skills that are in the descriptions, Lightning Jolt and Flake Snow Draft, respectively.

That, and adding some:
- Skill "Cast Ninja Spell" has no effect visible, but the effect occur on monster in the area

- About skill "Shadow Trampling": it works on PvP, already test it, reveal hidden player and imobilize them, but the duration is short. But not working on PvM, cast it while mobbed by Frildora and Sleeper, it won't reveal them when they cloaking.

Weapon and Armor:
- Artisan Tene won't recognize Ninja Scale Mail and Raksasa Dagger as gear that can be enchanted.

Job change quest:
- A minor bug I think: on Weaponry Test, if you choose to melt rough elunium, I spent 50 rough eluniums and no weapon created, it just says that I need to melt more ore (though I wondering who would use r.elunium while we can use cheaper one :D).

#136 Xyst

Xyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

That, and adding some:
- Skill "Cast Ninja Spell" has no effect visible, but the effect occur on monster in the area

- About skill "Shadow Trampling": it works on PvP, already test it, reveal hidden player and imobilize them, but the duration is short. But not working on PvM, cast it while mobbed by Frildora and Sleeper, it won't reveal them when they cloaking.

Weapon and Armor:
- Artisan Tene won't recognize Ninja Scale Mail and Raksasa Dagger as gear that can be enchanted.

Job change quest:
- A minor bug I think: on Weaponry Test, if you choose to melt rough elunium, I spent 50 rough eluniums and no weapon created, it just says that I need to melt more ore (though I wondering who would use r.elunium while we can use cheaper one :D).

I used 7 rough elunium + 7 rough oridecon

#137 Maximz

Maximz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Skills
------------

Weapons
--------------

Shadow hiding works for me im using an oboro i've been casting shadow hiding and jump from the day i made my oboro and i saw others using it to move around with pure soul (cast pure soul, shadow hide, jump)

Illusion-bewitch 1 seems to work but by chance i casted it 5 times on a poring and the 5th time it put the poring on my cell but we didnt switch places

Ilusion Bewitch 2 seemed to work better it didnt fail it would always pull the poring to the cell im standing on alltho again we didnt switch places it just ended up on my cell

about the weapons. do you have those skills? i read them the first time and was like oh so it should auto cast them then at the end it says (at the level learned) so im assuming you have to have the skill

#138 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

I used 7 rough elunium + 7 rough oridecon

I believe rough elunium was not counted. I've test it using all kind ingredient. You need 7 rough oridecon to have a result.

Btw, these are the result from weaponry test I've done:

- Iron Ore: 20 ea
- Iron: 10 ea
- Steel: 7 ea
- Phracon: 20 ea
- Emveretarcon: 10 ea
- Rough Oridecon: 7 ea
- Rough Elunium: currently bugged, spent 30 till 50 ea but no result

Don't know about ore combination result

#139 magiccircle

magiccircle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

I made a bug report in the correct section of the forums. you guys should post your errors and findings there. It's a lot easier.

#140 Xyst

Xyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

I made a bug report in the correct section of the forums. you guys should post your errors and findings there. It's a lot easier.

Oda was the one who told us to keep reporting in this treat.

#141 NaYeeH

NaYeeH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

Can't find the Family Secret monster..been an hr already..

#142 Xyst

Xyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

Can't find the Family Secret monster..been an hr already..

Bad Luck there is just 1 there. Took me 20 Mins for me.

#143 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

Hmm all I did was melt 20 iron ores and 10 iron and it gave me a weapon.

#144 natsume1990

natsume1990

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationGeffen

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

I melted 7 iron ores 7 steel and 7 iron and clicked the two finishing options once and done :o

#145 AdonBlitz

AdonBlitz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationA Frozen Wasteland
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

Please make the "Battle Test" room smaller with less monsters...Or at least make the monsters stay still...I don't want to spend another hour or more walking around in circles searching for the thing...*Sigh* :dotdotdot:

#146 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Is there a weapon NPC for things like bazerald?

#147 VidarWolf

VidarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

i think the quest bugged again, there is no "Family secret" in there

#148 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1811 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

probably bugged if thats the case; for all the kagerou i made for testing builds. none took me longer than 3 mins to find the family secret

#149 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

That board game is pure evil

#150 ChocolateDreams

ChocolateDreams

I made it Off Topic