v457 Patch Notes, Server Maintenance - February 7, 2:00PM (-8 UTC) - Page 4 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

v457 Patch Notes, Server Maintenance - February 7, 2:00PM (-8 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#76 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

I worded my opinion that way because what I want might not be what others want, I am sure there are tons of players that like the storage coupons and the medals, they seem to be good sellers. It wasn't really my intention to say the boxes should only contain what I like.

I realize that's why you worded your opinion.
I'm trying to lead it to more solution orientated. Maybe i should have explained better.
Since you highlight it, you already know what the problem is for you and i'm sure for many another player. So lets say, you have two sets of Players....

One set likes the storage coupons, medals etc

Other set hates them, maybe because they no longer need the medals etc.

Maybe it would be better to have boxes more suited for the groups?
Like a box for the more advanced pro player and then a completely separate
Box for the still levelling or newer player.

#77 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

Its a revenue raising scam. Just like reroll hammer you might get what u wanted after buying a few hundred. They wont change it because it makes money.

#78 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

I realize that's why you worded your opinion.
I'm trying to lead it to more solution orientated. Maybe i should have explained better.
Since you highlight it, you already know what the problem is for you and i'm sure for many another player. So lets say, you have two sets of Players....

One set likes the storage coupons, medals etc

Other set hates them, maybe because they no longer need the medals etc.

Maybe it would be better to have boxes more suited for the groups?
Like a box for the more advanced pro player and then a completely separate
Box for the still levelling or newer player.

That could work, although that might even be over-thinking it. I really do feel that if I didn't feel cheated my opinion would have been different.

If I get items that aren't really what I want and get less value than I paid I feel robbed.
If I get items that aren't really what I want and get equal value I still feel let down because I wouldn't have bought them anyway.
If I get items that aren't really what I want but get more value in them than I paid I'd be fine since at least I got extra value for my money.

The other thing they need to do is never, and I mean NEVER put account or character bound items in these things. It sucks getting something you don't really want or need, it sucks worse not being able to at least vend them.

So I don't think more boxes needs to be done, then you'd just get people complaining "oh the advanced boxes don't drop the wings the same SCAM!" They just need to change how they choose and the quantities they put in, that's all.

#79 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Was under the impression the karate outfits bonus was to expire on this patch leonis?

Patch notes say, maintenance on February 12th. :) So, this coming Tuesday and it'll be a short maintenance.

#80 Indow

Indow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAman
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Guild Wars 2

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

I don't want this to sound mean or brutish, but these forums do not have freedom of speech. This is a privately moderated forum for our games. We do our best to allow players to speak their mind, but there is a limit to what will be tolerated. Forum rules have many stated conditions behind why a thread or post may be removed from viewing or locked from additional posts. I encourage that you go read them, so you can be better aware of what those may be.

With what I was saying, I was referring to the deleted post.

I am well aware of the forum rules. I've read them and noticed that they are very similar to the rules I've put up for my own gamers-community site. The post in question may have been on the negative side but I've seen a lot worse on these forums. The response that the Moderator in question gave hinted that he obviously felt personally attacked in the context of the situation, which was not the case. He led emotions rule over his duty to judge with fair reason.

On top of that I thought that Moderators are supposed to make a significant difference in personal opinions and moderating text by the use of a red font? I have not seen this in a while.

I have alot of respect for you Leonis, but action must be taken when neccessary. These Moderators are not above the law and must abide these simple rules that everyone else is following.

Edited by Indow, 08 February 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#81 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

These Moderators are not above the law and must abide these simple rules that everyone else is following.

Same sentiment here! I have reported the moderator with some evident that he abused their power! Still waiting for the GM reply.

#82 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Reporting moderator(s) in question is the only thing I can really suggest. It may seem like I'm the one in charge of everything, but the forums have their own head. I only oversee development for ROSE. If you wish to PM someone directly, you can contact Hastur or Oda, as they are directly more responsible for all the forums on goings.

#83 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

I'd add my opinion, but I've already been told it will just be deleted anyways. soooo... <.<

#84 VolunteerMod03

VolunteerMod03

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

I'd add my opinion, but I've already been told it will just be deleted anyways. soooo... <.<

Your opinion won't be deleted if you follow forum rules.

#85 Indow

Indow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAman
  • Server:Guild Wars 2

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

You gave me a good laugh by mentioning the term 'spanish inquisition' :lol:

Edited by Indow, 08 February 2013 - 11:01 PM.

#86 VolunteerMod03

VolunteerMod03

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Let me clear things up a bit. Red text is when quoting exact rules word for word. Anything else we are not to put in red text. The thing is, we as moderators are players too. As we will always remain professional in any situation, we also won't be stomped on over and over again by certain people who try to do so. A lot of what we delete is negativity and personal attacks towards us, trying to make us look like the bad guys. It is easy for people to manipulate a situation and make the finger pointer the bad guy, but all we are doing is what we are told to do and we will continue to do that. As my sig says "emotions of a zombie", it is plain and simple. I have no hatred towards anyone, but if you break forum rules I can and WILL do the necessary action to be taken on the situation without emotion. It is clear as day to what is and is not allowed on these forums, yet some people still break the rules for whatever reason... whether it be to stand out, to try and "one up" a moderator, but the fact remains if you break a forum rule... necessary action will be taken.

Just have fun, enjoy the games you play and give constructive criticism. Flaming, harrassing, name calling, accusing, making false truths, acting superior to someone, will do nothing but get you in trouble.

Edited by VolunteerMod03, 08 February 2013 - 11:29 PM.

#87 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

You gave me a good laugh by mentioning the term 'spanish inquisition' :lol:

Well.. Its that, or witch hunters.. Same Idea--I think. They both kinda got rid of you if you had too much of an original opinion that didn't fit with their own agenda.

#88 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

Those Sweetheart boxes are a scam...just sayin.

#89 LoveU4ever

LoveU4ever

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

I have a question for Leonis what is Super Cherry Berry for?

Gojio ya i spent 10K IM pts and still dont get the pink seraph wing lol

#90 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

I opened 20 Boxes...I don't really mind getting the Teletickets\Storage coupons or Plutorunes, at least with those i can partially recover the money spent on boxes...but the berries...they really make no sense...they should have put something else instead of those...idk...

#91 LoveU4ever

LoveU4ever

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

That's y i wanna know what is super berry for ? recovery MP? or what ?

#92 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Super Cherry Berries restore a portion of your HP and MP (maybe 50% or something), but they have a casting animation like using a buff pot so they aren't really that practical.

#93 BoRnToKoS

BoRnToKoS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • LocationJunon

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Yeah it's definitly too hard to get those wings from sweetheart boxes x)

Edited by BoRnToKoS, 09 February 2013 - 02:39 PM.

#94 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

The question about the Qpid summon being available to get again this year hasn't been answered. Is this available or will it be?

#95 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

The question about the Qpid summon being available to get again this year hasn't been answered. Is this available or will it be?

Yes, the Qpid summon book will drop from the Pinkheart Pork-Fiend this year.

#96 JoshRamsammy

JoshRamsammy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

does it still spawn all around orlo? & what are the spawn times :o

Edited by JoshRamsammy, 09 February 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#97 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Mkay, how will someone obtain a Pinkheart Pork-Fiend? It is not available in Item Mall nor mentioned how to get it on the thread.

Anyhoo, about the Qpid bow?

I'm sorry, but like most of the new players around here, this is my first Valentine IM event.

#98 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Mkay, how will someone obtain a Pinkheart Pork-Fiend? It is not available in Item Mall nor mentioned how to get it on the thread.

I'm sorry, but like most of the new players around here, this is my first Valentine IM event.

Its a monster in orlo you kill it and it has a chance to drop a summon book.

#99 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

I think that is a King type monster that spawns in Orlo.

#100 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Oh, it's a monster :x I thought it's a box or something. Thanks to both of yah :)
Can you tell me a specific maps/coordinates it'll spawn?

Edited by claw68, 10 February 2013 - 10:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users