I would like you to meet my pet snail. - Page 2 - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

I would like you to meet my pet snail.

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#26 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

Try leveling as a Novice to Super Novice then Past 99 to 150, then come back to me as the "hardest class to level up"

Actually it wasn't. All I did was leech in TIs... lol

TIs make this game's leveling methods a joke now and all you need is just autofollow an AoE (mostly Rangers) and you're path to 150 is set in stone.

As for leveling an acolyte, you should buy some SP large pots and Vitata500s. It should give you a decent 2k max SP for 10 minutes or so. You should be able to heal bomb stuff a lot more often now. lol

#27 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Actually it wasn't. All I did was leech in TIs... lol

TIs make this game's leveling methods a joke now and all you need is just autofollow an AoE (mostly Rangers) and you're path to 150 is set in stone.

As for leveling an acolyte, you should buy some SP large pots and Vitata500s. It should give you a decent 2k max SP for 10 minutes or so. You should be able to heal bomb stuff a lot more often now. lol

Shhh. I was talking in terms of not leeching. :p_swt:

Though yeah... What she said about the SP pots. Honestly I NEVER thought of that til now. I just kinda sat there patiently to regen it with that low SP Pool.

#28 wasabee

wasabee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • LocationDarkroom
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

i dun see why u have to complaints..now its double exp/drop i hope u grabs this chance to level up ur char

#29 SergioSSA1LER

SergioSSA1LER

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Posted Image
Also you should try to level up a novice, or a SC, they can kill everything ;)

#30 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

It's kinda funny how many people don't use large hp/sp pots it make early lvl levelling so simple it's crazy. You can get 2k hp easy so you won't die and loads of so for skill spamming :/

#31 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

I am currently a lv.15 High Acolyte and it is just a pain to even get this character to 70 so I can finally TI it out to AB. I have to burn a lot of Straws, yes!, a lot of Straws, just to get this damn character to 56, and a lot of Maneaters, just to get to 70. I am starting to lose hope and I don't know what to do anymore. Maybe, I should go to Vatican City, meet Pope Benedict XVI, and ask for their help on how to get to AB. Well, I am desperate, I just have to try these out, and maybe I can get my answers.
I have the FS build, meaning I have no DEX, no STR, and no AGI whatsoever. I have a very low SP to even Heal Bomb, yet no SP Recovery like Mages does, thus my only means of leveling is through my poor melee performance which does very little damage, very slow ASPD, often times misses, and consumes a lot of HP pots. It is a sluggish way to leveling. It is very hard to level! that is my point. I could not even Heal Bomb until I probably get to Priesthood.
Don't tell me to Heal Bomb because I could not Heal Bomb. There's just not enough SP to even do that. 3 to 4 lv.10 heals and my SP is completely drained out. Straws??? What the hell do you think I am??? The Smucker's Company??? I will not waste money on Straws.

Fix this goddamn issue about the Priest class. Do you expect me to melee my way out to Priesthood with a Grey's Anatomy build??? It is very hard to level up due to my FS setup, and very few gear options. My SP is at around 70-80 and my HP is 100, with no SP Recovery. I could not even provide Heal for myself, better yet, Heal Bomb.

This is indeed the hardest class to level up. Atleast a Monk goes with the battle build and not lag behind as an Acolyte. A Mage has SP Recovery, so they can spam, and as an Acolyte with a pure INT build, SP is my problem. 80 SP at 40 INT??? Heal eats up more than 20 SP, so definitely, I could not Heal Bomb, and I will have to bear the painful and slow melee method of leveling.

This is Ridiculous! I am making a good time investments in here. Don't even talk about Merchants, atleast they have the STR, AGI, and DEX to aid them with their leveling. It is not as painful as an FS Acolyte with or without a skill. I will have to melee my way to 25 which will take me forever, and it will burn a lot of pots than most characters, till I can get enough SP to Heal Bomb and consumes Straws for that till I can get my to 56, in which case, I will just buy out my way to 70 with Maneaters from my Reset Stone farm because simply, there is no other quick way to get to 70.

I'd like to give you advice...but with your attitude towards people that attempt to assist you...I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show. -gets popcorn-

ignore this thread... and ignore the troll OP... remember this is the same person who is "The Big Time KSer"...

I got to lv.56 as a Battle Priest. I am now an FS, no one, for some odd reason, will take a Battle Priest into a TI party.
It is godforsaken hard to level it up. you know I was doing only 15 damage, and 50%-60% of the time, I was completely missing. That was during lv.1 - lv.14.

Use holylight to lvl early..or like..have friends party with you! thats like the point of the class! I bet you have a lot of friends with how you seem to roll!

I will have to do this with two accounts then, otherwise I will have to bear the slow leveling, with the Acolyte sitting down at the entrance, leeching and doing absolutely nothing. As a reborned character, do I get an unlocked Holy Light from the start??? because it says, that the Holy Light quests is for job 30+.

Why do you even continue to play this class, if all you can do is whine about it? Go play something else. :/

how many locked threads are you trying to achieve?

Posted Image
can't believe you just asked here how to lvl up a high acolyte !! @_@..the samy way you did it when you were aco..:D

#32 Rirezz

Rirezz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

It's kinda funny how many people don't use large hp/sp pots it make early lvl levelling so simple it's crazy. You can get 2k hp easy so you won't die and loads of so for skill spamming :/

Mostly this. HP pots in particular basically make you invincible if you buy enough carrots and don't do anything crazy.

At this point, though, I'm pretty sure the thread starter just has a thing about public attention, even if he gets hated for it.

#33 SilX

SilX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

Anyone watch Sword Art Online? If so do you remember the name of the leader of the Laughing Coffin PK guild? You know the one who blamed everything wrong on the game/others and not himself for sucking?

The OP reminds me of that person.

On Topic: I mentioned earlier that you probably wouldn't get much in the way of help due to your attitude towards things...this is what happens when you're arrogant, condescending and stubborn. P.S. Not sure if you got the memo or originated from Valk (Sorry, but a lot of the unapologetic KSers are from Valkyrie, non KSers you're cool as frost) but KSing really is rude.

#34 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

If you can stay with battle priest, you can make something like this : 90 agi, 90 int, 90 vit, 70 dex when touching AB... FS stat should be covered that way, not to mention you can reset stat/skill once you lv 150...

This is your fault, not people/GM fault...

Edited by Exvee, 13 February 2013 - 04:48 AM.

#35 Teffa

Teffa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

No dex?.... Oh lord.

#36 Medicine

Medicine

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

It is a damn "HIGH ACO" which means you have done this before to get your regular ACO through. Stop trolling and whining.

Having done the aco thing several times, your whine is lame. Spend your time doing it instead of trolling, it gets you to AB faster.

#37 antiepaloids

antiepaloids

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationDubai, Philippines
  • Server:Classic: Loki

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

Rant topic. Lol

#38 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

I know exactly how you feel, it's very difficult to gain some levels as a High Acolyte, especially if you already did all of the Overlook Dungeon exp quests as a regular Aco.

Your best bet would be to get Lv 1 Heal, 10 Agi and 10 Bless and find some other players in Overlook you can even share with (if you happen to be VIP)
This is how I managed to get Job 50 as High Aco.
Party'd with 2 different Ninjas and later on a Bard who helped me to get up to Job 50, while i buffed and healed them.

When you reach Base Lv 56, you can do those Collect Item sign quests in eden.
Most cheapest would be the "Sticky Feet" one, a bit more expensive the "Maneater Blossom" one.

It'll cost you around 2 - 3m zeny to get Base Lv 70 that way. (with 2x exp now, it should be only 1 - 2m zeny)

For non-VIP High Aco's there's only the generic Heal Bombing Undead monster way of leveling up, with limited SP and low SP recovery :S

And the best thing about this is, as soon as you reach Lv 70, after wasting so much zeny on the Meaneater Blossoms you gained through selling that Phen Card from the Overlook Dungeon, you won't get any of the precious loots from the TI's or Nogg.
You're just a heal slave, eternally even share dependend and struggling to gain enough income to afford Blue Gemstones to be able to revive players that pick up some goodies every once in a while, because they're the killers and don't feel like sharing at all D:

Had a Knight rumble about an OCA an Alchemist in our party picked up during TI, because apparently "HE" killed it and thus the OCA belongs to HIM >.>
Yup, we do not count in the revives, buffs, heals and status recoveries, since we get "free exp" for doing apparently "nothing", so no loot for us.

Was just too funny to be true, I left him lieing dead on the ground afterwards.

Edited by Morlord, 13 February 2013 - 06:50 AM.

#39 TheSkirtChaser

TheSkirtChaser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationThe Gray Area
  • Server:<~~~ what is that?

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

Please post your IGN incase I encounter you in TI so I can pack more patience

http://ropd.info/?na...vel&dir=asc&s=7
http://ropd.info/?na...vel&dir=asc&s=7

Edited by TheSkirtChaser, 13 February 2013 - 07:21 AM.

#40 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

Also if you're gonna heal bomb...

Consider finding one of these. http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/2677/
A clip or Slotted/Unslotted Rosary is cake to find.

Edited by Senkasa, 13 February 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#41 TheSkirtChaser

TheSkirtChaser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationThe Gray Area
  • Server:<~~~ what is that?

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

Use holylight to lvl early..or like..have friends party with you! thats like the point of the class! I bet you have a lot of friends with how you seem to roll!

i m sure OP dosent have friends thats y hes here for attention.. and its not hard to lvl an F'n FS aco.. espicaly its an FS aco high.. wack your way up... atlest its not the slowest lvling class there is.. next to merch and SN.... so suck it up.. go lvl at anthell or poring island... i m sure comming from this "#1 KSer" he/she should have the zennie to get a nice starter weapon for this FS aco high..

#42 Tenshi143

Tenshi143

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

i m sure OP dosent have friends thats y hes here for attention.. and its not hard to lvl an F'n FS aco.. espicaly its an FS aco high.. wack your way up... atlest its not the slowest lvling class there is.. next to merch and SN.... so suck it up.. go lvl at anthell or poring island... i m sure comming from this "#1 KSer" he/she should have the zennie to get a nice starter weapon for this FS aco high..

Yep Aco is not that hard to level, you just have to learn how to do things the right way. :ok:

#43 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

VM05, where art thou? I call on thee, oh thee of great assessment and moderation. This boy's inquiries have been answered...and trolled.

Now, it is time. Plunge thy Sword of Locking into the heart of this thread with great force, that it may take no more breaths and be forever subdued, and that it may slip into the endless abyss of forum historical texts, to be viewed, but never again published further.

Oh VM05, wilst thou not heed our call?

#44 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Priest, an easy class to play and everyone uses one in party.

Everyone has been leveling up priests for years without complaints.

Edited by VolunteerMod05, 13 February 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#45 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

VM05, where art thou? I call on thee, oh thee of great assessment and moderation. This boy's inquiries have been answered...and trolled.

Now, it is time. Plunge thy Sword of Locking into the heart of this thread with great force, that it may take no more breaths and be forever subdued, and that it may slip into the endless abyss of forum historical texts, to be viewed, but never again published further.

Oh VM05, wilst thou not heed our call?

omg I died xDDDD

#46 nitramoyo

nitramoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSouth Pront

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

friends

^
This thread made me lol.

#47 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

Use a mercenary Gad damn it!

#48 VolunteerMod05

VolunteerMod05

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Pope Benedict the XVI will not be there to service you, because he will be resigning from his position very soon. Surgeons can hit hard too...with the right equipment and build.

Sometimes people should hire mercenaries to do the dirty work. *Referring to your High Acolyte's dire need of leveling...* The zeny you spend on Strawberries is better used in other things, such as the Mercenary. This has been suggested.

Please attempt to take what remaining advice may be offered in this thread's sea of flames. I will move this topic to the proper section, but please take care not to complain about an issue that may be non-existent. It is best to ask for advice and see what can be done before a proper complaint may be mounted.

OP has a right to ask for advice, but not to complain about issues that doth not exist. Thank you and have a nice day everyone!

Edited by VolunteerMod05, 13 February 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#49 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

my favorite part of these threads is always when VM05 chimes in :heh:

#50 roseo

roseo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

Trolling? What's that?
I can rant too, happens to anyone. And leveling fs aco Is a pain for many relatively new players.
Half of responses here are not helping the poster sometimes offensive. Behave, people!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users