Battlemagician Week 2 Discussions
Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:29 PM
Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:28 PM
Best analogy ever, I know.
Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:22 PM
The elementalist with bliss maxed should get a good 150 bonus dmg at lv 10 and 200 with DNA an extra 50 isnt a problem, This isnt as bad as nearly 400 with DNA from what i heard in s2 or s1 whatever it was since I didn't play.
- Hydrochloric Acid Throw - The main problem with this skill is the accessibility of it on both trees, that combined with the DNA to lower the cool down to 7 seconds is very strong, but that is not the problem. The problem is the availability of this skills DNA to Druids, and the ability to also be able to max it out to hit 7 targets combined with the DNA on Approach to make that a 5 second cooldown means that you can effectively chase a target and have both skills up within a rotation of another skill (example being: HCL, Invisible Arrow, Dash [this being the start of a usual chain of skills]) Personally, I think the ability to spam this should only be available pre-49 to Battle Magicians, and post-50 to Elementalists. Everything else is fine about it, but it's the availability to Druids that is the main problem with this as it is used even more than transformations currently.
- Raging Strike - This skill was heavily nerfed for Elementalists, it was their third source of magic damage, and being the best nukers (or at least from a design aspect they should be) it doesn't make sense. First, you have to land the skill in order to get the buff, and you don't always get the buff that being said. Before this skill used to scale at 34/39/44/50/57/64/73/82/91/102, now it scales at 1-3/2-6/3-9/4-12/5-15/6-18/7-21/8-24/9-27/10-30 without the available DNA on it. It only scales up to 50 max damage, this shouldn't be like this. If possible the higher levels of the skill should only be available to Elementalists as well, but the damage should be tweaked to whatever value people find fit (considering the level needed to cap this is 57)
- Wave of Healing - This being tweaked I see as option, but currently this heal does not crit. If this isn't changed there is still Absorbing Energy that does heal for a high value (but requires 10 DNA investment into it since generally you leave the skill at 5 and invest the DNA for another 50%) But as I said, this one is optional seeing as other classes rely on their single heal from their first tree only as well.
- Mysterious Storm - This is another troublesome skill, but not because of the DNA. It is troublesome because of the lack of resistance for it. (Given the fact that currently most players have everything except this resistance maxed due to elec resist sets being the most popular, but it could be argued for HCL too since the next popular set is Fire Resist based thus providing you with little to no water resistance and by all means I consider HCL to be more dangerous of the two) This should also be modified for Druids post-50 as it is another weapon in their arsenal, that combined with their mobility makes them deadly
Overall, these skills need to be tweaked in order to increase the popularity of Elementalists, and decrease the popularity of Druids (or what the community dubs 'Druideles'), Things can be tweaked around these changes to make both classes viable in their own unique ways. Of course there are other skills such as Thrown Vine that can be tweaked, but my experience with those skills are little to none due to how unviable I saw them as.
- Lightning Chill Slash- Just change the damage back to physical and you will see this more viable as a druid, it's under a one second cooldown and rarely used in favor of Lightning Chill Throw, which also has a one second cooldown. This skill could become a bread and butter skill for Druid again like it was previously.
- Rage of Bugs: Apart from being the most hated skill next to approach, this should simply not be on a sub-class' skill set that is based around transformations. First off, it is Light property magic damage, which at some PvP brackets is not a resist that is maxed out by many; but there are ways around this. The problem is that it is a skill based on magic, not your physical damage, everything else in Druids skill set screams physical except this. Elementalists would definitely benefit from having this skill and the subsequent DNAs for it.
Now onto the transformations:
- Promise of Trust/Cry of Will - Make these party buffs.
In terms of individual skills for this form:
- Contract with Inferno/Doomguard: The first thing wrong with these skills is the mana cost, currently it is not beneficial to use your transformations for PvP to skill spam unless you have to use the stuns for them (or in rare cases the extra dash) Lowering the mana costs would allow Druids to rely on their transformations more.
- In terms of the individual contracts Inferno should have 'Swift Arm' (providing -0.2, -0.4, -0.6, -0.8, -1.0 Attack Speed) built in to the contract. Why? Because the more PvE side of a Druid build relys heavily on the attack speed as it is Critical Attack Damage based, it also frees up 5 skill points to be distributed elsewhere for both styles. Currently there is no other reason to level up Inferno for Druids, unless you go full physical which is highly unattractive because of the comparison in mana costs and high risk versus low reward in terms of damage dealt. You waste about 1.5k mana using 8 or so (max level or close to) BM/Druid skills from 20 meters away, versus using 1.8k for about 4 offensive Inferno Skills, and 1 Defensive or Offensive Dash while subsequently dealing extremely inferior damage. This skill is such a shame to waste as a level 1 wonder, which is the current condition of it, it gives a monstrous bonus to your attack damage when maxed, but BM skills are still more attractive because of the risk/reward.
There could be other skills added to this tree to make it a Druids main form of offense and make the BM form a bit more defensive/utility. But, this would require a lot of careful thought as you don't want to create another melee monster.
- Advance - Two dashes for 25m? Okay, that's a bit strong considering the other class with dashes can only go 30m once or 18m/15m twice. This skill is fine in my book, I would just wish to see it as something offensive that is targeted like a Commander 'Rush'. The cooldown on it is 16 seconds, which is long enough.
- Swift Leg - 5 wasted points here for a +1.0 movespeed buff for 5 minutes, this could be better suited for an attack skill. This tree has enough mobility as is.
- Double Slash - This is currently our most spammed skill as Inferno, the damage values at level 1 (126) and level 10 of the skill (+323) are good and it being a 6 second downtime skill is fine, but I wouldn't mind tweaking this skill down to 5 points to max it, or lowering the cooldown and leaving it as is. Currently this and Bleeding are our only spammable skills.
- Bleeding - The only other spammable skill, and I use this loosely as it has a 10 second cooldown. The additional damage on this skill is also less than Double Slash (+171 vs +323) but, this skill also has a 16/2 30 second DoT at level 5 or higher.
- Now onto Doomguard, again we have the problem here with the subsequent buffs/skills under this tree not being worthwhile to skill aside from Heavy Blow and Staggering Shout. First what needs to be done is to combine the skill 'HP UP',(Providing HP Recovery %) into the contract, And removing 'Strengthened Skin' as it is a useless defense buff considering you can sit at 3.5k defense comfortably given the proper build.
Both transformations need some new skills in order to fit the intended roles for them better, but changing these things is a start.
- Healing Power - I remember when this skill was actually worth taking, as the heal provided an ACTUAL heal and not a weak heal over-time. It used to scale from 345/385/432/481/539 with the ability to critically heal, which was very strong with 'Druideles' as they could pop doomguard on Battlegrounds and heal for most of their HP while being immune. Then it was changed to a HoT, with the minimum value being 10/2 for 10 seconds, and the maximum value being 91/2 for 20 seconds. If you change the Battle Magician skills I previously mentioned, then this skill should not be a problem as Druids will be more melee based. In order for this skill and the intended transformation as a tank I think the Heals previous value and the HoT should be combined much like Lesser Party Heal from the Protector tree.
- Giantizing - It's your standard HP buff for Doomguard, the problem is that it is a 8 point sink for only +1883 HP, if a druid is investing that many points for that return then they are missing out on other things they could skill, this buff is only lasting as a Doomguard. Currently it gives the same HP as a full DNA'd Holy Bliss exclusively to Doomguard, the values would be better if it was more like a fully DNA'd Bear-like Stamina (+2424 HP) as it is form exclusive. (Personal note, if you cast this on BG to escape, you're probably going to die anyway.)
- Taunting Cry- Double the aggro, decease the cooldown to 5 seconds, and decrease the amount of points needed to invest in it. It is the only way for a Doomguard to build up aggro on a target, but it's currently at a +3375 for 10 points. Not too many people invest a full 10 into this skill, especially seeing as it is the only means to generate aggro because the damage from Doomguard is very poor, and there are no other skills to increase hostility towards you if you try to tank traditionally. For example, in an equally geared party your Damage dealers will ALWAYS get aggro after a while, even if you use this skill often.
For Elementalists a lot need to be changed too, which I'm not one hundred percent familiar with, but I don't believe in giving this class a dash as it is just taking what people think the problem is and putting it somewhere new making another problem.
- Holy Bliss/Fairy King's Protection/ Bliss of Fairy - The first change is simple, make these party buffs. The second change is increasing the damage done by Bliss of Fairy, it used to be +114/128/+143/+159/+175/+191/+208/+215/+232/+252. The values should not be this high, if it becomes a party buff. If it becomes a self-buff you will find yourself at odds with other players given the recent magic attack passive nerfs. If you do intend to ramp up the damage given by Bliss of Fairy it should be at a reasonable level, but the current values for this are extremely low and don't even merit even more than 1 point in the skill. As for Fairy King's Protection, raising the resistance given from the skill to %14 would fulfill a lot of the complaints that certain players have had about there only being defense party buffs and not being any resistance party buffs at all.
In short, both of these classes require extensive tweaking and definition as to what their roles are. But these skills are what I, and many other people I've discussed with view as lacking/and or in need of a change because of their strength. Of course this is just a start.
As for Druids Remove RoB give Ele RoB (Rage of Bugs and implement a skill that is a phys aoe skill something reasonable tho and not blown out of proportion.
As for Dash i think eles should get to dash too. Here is why clarivoyance is great if you are 18 meters but what good is that if a sin can retreat 13-15 m and dash 2 times for 15m each so lets say 45 meters of escaping to restealth clairvoyance would be deemed useless now if you get lucky and force combat on the stealthed sin that you should at lv 69 should be able to see even if same lv with buff were to force combat making him out of stealth then would be good. But I would recommend a dash or instant cast on Invisble arrow to stun the sin because even unstealthing him by force of combat wouldnt be enough dash dash dash dash dash stealth scud- GG
Note:with DNA max you can get is bout 30 ish meters and still thats at what lv 75+ lol better hope to have end game gear if you plan to FoC with it any higher lvs
Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:43 AM
i bet ..will be december and wil stay the same..nothing
Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:29 AM
So they just say nothing
Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:25 AM
Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:13 AM
*sorry my english people >w<
Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:29 AM
Upper Job Class Change added to Cash Shop
Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:56 AM
Terrible opinion you are trying to make druids caster based which is terrible their gear and their skills are physical look at fascination set gear 72 for Druids no one buys it instead they go with Destruction or FoC/RH gear for SCAD and INT, because Rage of Bugs a CASTER skill that should be on Eles side is in their skill list.
For sure when the first topic of BM and sub classes being changed skill wise to try and balance was started back in Febuary. First off all you really need to do with skills is add more skills to the current stat of things I see nothing wrong with druid other then, the transformations are physical based but your main class is caster based easy way to fix this would be give your transformation caster type skills and get rid of the physical base part of them oh wait your BM is suppose to be good at in close range battle but it is actually to weak to try to fight hand to hand. I honestly think some druid skills should actually be on the BM skill tree and some other skills from BM tree should be swapped over to the elementalist. I know many people say it would then make the elementalist OP but if the dev actually took away +30 and put everyone back to +15 or so it would fix a lot of this in-balance more then trying to change skills and what they do and who gets them, or made it possible during event to actually make +30 end game gear for free players or get it to +20 to +25 at least.
Rage of bugs + druids stuns and 30 meter dash every 10 sec without having a target. That is really already OP they don't need anymore they just need a fix on their inferno so thay can just be physical damage with a side of throwing waste water or hydrolic as a guarantee kill for runners.
As for BMs they need to do like they've done with most classes minus a few that I've seen.
They need to make a side for Druids and Eles in the main tree which is your first job. Technically the class was meant to use knucks bc of the phys/mage hybrid which the game devs planned on but they didn't do very well with that in the BM tree its all casting and no phys dmg.
As you can see on knucks its got a good phys dmg with a decent magic dmg on it.
This class is far from being a hybrid here is why in the BM 1-49 tree you get mostly property damage attacks which calls for Magic damage. You don't get any physical damage.
Elementalist are meant to be casters as in most games they are. There is a down side to this class though.
It was by far the class deemed to been mega nerfed.
Some Adjustments would be:
10 sec CD
Instant cast (with or without dna you decide)
Lv 1: -2% resist , Lv 2: 4% , Lv 3: 6% , Lv 4: 8% , Lv 5: 10%.... so forth increments of 2% each level would make it useful.
By level 10 you have 20% debuff this would make this skill more useful, to me atm its something i use if i get the time.
Bliss of Fairy
Downtime: 10sec (normally)
the rest as skill says
Lv 1:10 Magic attack power , 20 ,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100 + 50 with dna
Would make this skill better
Rage of Bugs taken away from druids and druids be handed an AoE that is physical damage.
Rage of Bugs implemented into Eles tree.
another problem would be Clairvoyance should get 2 meter extension so it would be 20 meters.
This class is suppose to be a nuke for sins/stealthed targets. How are we suppose to nuke if we can't see them before they get in our range and scud us. Happens to me in FOC all the time. Also how can this class be a nuke if you need +30 to make it worth something. or +15-20 NM jewls and RH set if 69 with RH weapon +15-20 and dble down all property resist we shouldn't have to use just water dble down because we use all elements and thats why fairy's curse is there to give the boost so we don't need a-20% we would already have with the weapon debuff and fairy's curse
I enjoy both Avengers and Elementalists , as I enjoy any class on this game but I'm not getting hopes up that this class will be fixed anytime soon best scenario is to wait 6 months or around xmas time update and pray they've actually fixed the game.
Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:26 PM
Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:53 PM
Hi, can you change the minimum attack range of Battle Magician from (4.0-30.0m) to (30.0m)?
and can you give AOE summon skill for Battle magician? thanks...
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users