Any tips for newbie cleric playing CD?I m tired of getting insulted - Page 3 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Any tips for newbie cleric playing CD?I m tired of getting insulted

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#51 chirengan2

chirengan2

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

It takes a few weeks to learn how to play a cleric in CD effectively.
It also used to take a few weeks to earn pvp gear and the runes you needed to refine it.

With the new timer, you're SOL if you're getting 10 - 20 pts a match and can only do one an hour, provided the queue you joined has a spot for the cleric.

Gear and IM buffs does not mean a cleric is good. I've seen plenty of fully refined pvp clerics in honor gear with IM buffs suck big time, and have been in winning groups where there was only a solo cleric with no IM buffs.

It all boils down to learning how to play. You need to be able to stun, heal, mute and purify in rapid succession. Unless your team is winning, you should always have at least 2-3 skills on cooldown.
My advice is that you put "target enemy" under basic skills in your toolbar to make it easier for you to spam voltage storm, learn to use the shift key to quickly target yourself if you need heals and grow a thicker skin.

A large percentage of the people in CD are selfish pigs who only care about crystal hitting, or doing the most damage. Learn how to spot the crystal hitters and don't waste your time healing them. If your group has communicated that you will try to lure the defenders away from the xtal and you have players who still run up to spam aoe, don't bother with healing them, because you'll die next. Support the other 8 players who understand teamwork, not the one rogue who thinks he is invincible. From experience, these people are the first to cry that they get "no heals".

As time goes by you'll also notice that some players have more effective health than others. Meaning all things being equal, including class and number of players hitting them, one player will be tankier than the other. This could mean you standing next to 2 champs, one whose hp drops to half within 2 seconds, and one whose hp gradually falls. You would want to learn how to use the larger hp heals on the player with more effective health because you can afford to let his hp get down to 30% before you do a big heal, whereas the champ with no defense and no hp can survive if you spam the smaller heals + party heal. Also, it's better to heal a player with better defense than the player with lousy defense, because if the good player dies, the lousy one will die shortly after and you will be the next target.

If you see players who hit crystals, run ahead of the pack and die, or are rude to you, withhold from buffing or healing them. There are a few players I've blacklisted, so even when the team is winning and the other 9 players have full health, I will not heal the person who throws insults around.

Finally, let me just say that I do play other classes and as melee it is pretty frustrating when you are trying to defend your team without good support. Playing other classes allows you to understand game mechanics a lot better and how to utilize proper crowd control. However, it is the melee/ ranged's class duty to know their own limitations, and if they are poorly equipped trying to take on 8 players in the middle of the crystal while everyone else is still en route, then they have no one to blame but themselves.

I once read a retardly stupid comment someone made on this forum that "if someone on the team dies, then the cleric is not a full support cleric". That is like saying unless a champ/raider/artisan can kill all 10 people on the other team singlehandedly they should not be considered a fighting class.

Edited by chirengan2, 07 March 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#52 TooCool4You

TooCool4You

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • LocationLewiston,ID
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:ARUANIANS

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

just ignore the wannabes.. as long as ur enjoying the game and doing what u supposed to do..
oh well let them suck it up..

#53 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

Fact: Cleric is only as good as the party.

You know it's true.

#54 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

You know it's true.

^ True.

#55 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

Well said!

#56 BluePlasma

BluePlasma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCadada
  • Server:Arua

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

True! But there is a limit xD

#57 seeyourhead

seeyourhead

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

after a week plus i still don't show improvement even though i met so many wonderful people who have helped me....
when i tried to self target myself n heal outside of cd i have no problem but when i m in CD, its hard to press the key and hard for me to run off...i ended up abusing my keyboard..lol

I tried to mute clerics but i can't cos i was busy healing myself and also my team mates die because they got no heal from me.....but if i heal them i am sure i will die too...but if they die i will die shortly too.

I can't press the shift button to target myself,doesn't work on my laptop too

#58 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

after a week plus i still don't show improvement even though i met so many wonderful people who have helped me....
when i tried to self target myself n heal outside of cd i have no problem but when i m in CD, its hard to press the key and hard for me to run off...i ended up abusing my keyboard..lol

I tried to mute clerics but i can't cos i was busy healing myself and also my team mates die because they got no heal from me.....but if i heal them i am sure i will die too...but if they die i will die shortly too.

Tip: If you really need to heal yourself, press shift that's another button for self target and then you execute your heal skills, but I mean really, you are not suppose to worry about healing yourself, what you should be doing is either voltage storm to temporary disable the enemy movement and try to run off or purify yourself, since I can tell you suffer from movement speed/dodge down from scout, def down/burn from raider. So I recommend purify than healing yourself over and over.

Soul doubt (mute) is something you learn after you master the skill of supporting the team, but it isn't something hard to learn, make sure you use your voltage storm as cover then use that 2 seconds to aim the one you want to mute, that way you don't get stunned while you approach your target and lose your mute quota.

#59 Bllackberry

Bllackberry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

get some practice, group with another cleric, see how they play

#60 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

A week, is not long at all, to master everything. Dont be too hard on yourself.
It's nice to read, that you have managed to meet some wonderful people =)

#61 Broadway

Broadway

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

Just some advices cause i had the same problem, i just starded and it was really hard to stay alive.

- Stay back, buff when they need, if they die and you're in the middle of battlefield, don't rebuff them if your friends are in danger.
- Stay on the crystal. It will be hard for them to select you, even if it will happen.
- Use the group names to select your friends, and watch their hp there. You'll be faster to heal them.
- As gears, you should wear Reinforced 60/40, and ref it. It does not cost too much as honor or valor, but it will help you alot. Don't focus too much on int. I have 2 sets : one to buff everyone in the beggining, and one 60/40, to stay alive. It will help you, since you'll not have to heal you all the time.
- If people are mean to you, don't listen, cause if they die, that's on their own. They just stand too much on clerics... And sometimes, they'll not even help you when someone try to kill you.

However, if you want to get points, pray to be on def side, and then heal the crystal, staying on it. But don't ignore group's char, heal them in priority. If they are out of range, don't move, you'll die as soon as you left the crystal. Keep Party Heal, and cure them when they are enough closed. And when attackers are all dead, or mostly, heal as much as you can the crystal, you'll get 100 pts easily

#62 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

She's lying. I've seen improvement, maybe its not instantly pro improvement, but its there. Just takes time and practice <3. Don't worry! I'll harass you enough so you get it!

#63 8800121104201448080

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

You know it's true.

Hmmm. I beg to differ.

A cleric that supports his/her party and ends with a Win is good.

A cleric that inflicts the most heals (and sometimes get the most Honor points) but nevertheless lost the game would still be considered as good, am I right?

#64 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

To be honest with you, clerics aren't to be blamed for the game's loss. I have seen plenty of games. In one team, clerics die fast because high DPS classes of the enemy team have good focus while the opposing cleric is untouched because the dying cleric's allies are attacking or trying to kill other champs.

If I could, I would try to capture screenshot of these moments.

#65 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

That's rare. The only reason you could blame cleric for is exposing themselves for open kill if they can try to minimize their presence at all cost.

#66 8800121104201448080

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

Must be rare since I've only seen it done only yesterday. It was quite frustrating but what can we do, nothing. Unless the player actually listens to other people's remarks.

Anyway, as this thread is about tips into being a better cleric - just practice and listen to what others has to say. If the majority of the people in your group tells you that you're doing something wrong, best thing to do is to listen and follow.

#67 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Hmmm. I beg to differ.

A cleric that supports his/her party and ends with a Win is good.

A cleric that inflicts the most heals (and sometimes get the most Honor points) but nevertheless lost the game would still be considered as good, am I right?

You're not entirely right. I agree partially with the first statement, and not at all with the second. A cleric with the most heals could just be spam healing the crystal. That doesn't account for a cleric that makes sure their team is full buffed, purifies you when you're muted, stuns someone to make sure the team takes less damage/or that you get away alive, a nicely timed mute against the other team, and these are just the few things on the top of my head( I could think of plenty more). The system doesn't account for that stuff--award points for it and it often goes unnoticed..It also doesn't account for clerics who get muted,stunned, or otherwise are tied up from healing. What good is a cleric to you if you barely get buffs and they would rather heal the crystal then you?

I've ended up with some really cruddy teams before and just got ganked left and right. If I don't get some support from the team, I can end up at the bottom of the list for heals because I never get a chance to get the heal off. I've seen it happen to almost every cleric anyone might consider a 'top' cleric. Does that make them any less good--no. A cleric is often as only as good as their team.

#68 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

lmao who cares who's right. no point in defending one side over another, it takes two to tango! both sides have their own part to play in order to work together and complete the objective :3

Edited by tENLAVUU, 11 March 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#69 chirengan2

chirengan2

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

You get clerics that do nothing but heal crystal, you also get champs that do nothing but spam aoe in the middle and die within 3 seconds, run back, asking for buffs while everyone else is dying.
A bad player is one that does not support the team, regardless of how many points they get.

#70 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

In other words, PvP-GA is a battlefield of earning points, not teamwork and winning.

#71 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

In other words, PvP-GA is a battlefield of earning points, not teamwork and winning.

very well said. Which is why I would tell any new cleric to ignore their standings and just focus on helping their team how they seem fit. So long as they feel like they are contributing, watching the numbers means nothing.

#72 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

may i guess your name?

ikumatsu or something like that, right?

#73 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:43 AM

If you are new, you can play a cleric and buff and heal players while leveling, but when you are new and playing a Cleric in CD, you will be killed in a couple of seconds and your team will rage at you for not healing them, as they expect fully geared battle clerics to be part of their team.

I think you should make a bit more money, buy the gears you need and then heal your team, but if you still like to play CD as a new cleric, just ignore those who insult you and report them :)

#74 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

report them :)

Effective since 1860's

#75 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

if your playing along side a cleric in cd or against even and you think they are doing a good job then just whisper them, im sure they will give you some good advice or also direct you to someone who can give you some help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users