Any tips for newbie cleric playing CD?I m tired of getting insulted - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Any tips for newbie cleric playing CD?I m tired of getting insulted

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#26 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

Oh yeah? We won a CD match once with a Non-IM buffer cleric. It's not the Cleric's IM buffs/gears, it's the teamwork.

And also, you speak like you haven't gone through the whole "ungeared" process.

Cleric overly dependent players are the one who must be called "noobs". Just finding someone to blame for their own weakness than admitting it and improve themselves.

#27 coalchamberloco

coalchamberloco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Server:leo

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

easy just don't enter untill you learn how to play and get full geared cause ppl wait alot for ga when they see noob cleric they just waited for nothing and lost the ga and probably need to relog

Like the guy above me, there is only non credit card involved way to quickly become geared in this game, and that is CD. Either that or farm in dod, good luck with no gear to protect yourself.
Sure if you throw a bunch of money at the game you will be geared and ready for end game content almost instantly, but for a lot of people this not an option. I got most of my gear from using my ungeared bourg to earn the points. When you have nothing you have to start some where.

And like the guy above me I have won a few CDs with a cleric with no im buffs, hell it didn't have a clue what was going on. But it was a strong team and good things happened. Don't be so quick to blame the cleric...

#28 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

easy just don't enter untill you learn how to play and get full geared cause ppl wait alot for ga when they see noob cleric they just waited for nothing and lost the ga and probably need to relog

Go cry somewhere else. You should be ashamed of yourself for saying something like this. Here the cleric is asking the community to help them improve so they can go to GA and be helpful to their team and you're going to come off with something like this? Too many people just blame the cleric, but how many times am I by myself and I die because not one player tried to help me. When a lot of times, all we need is someone to hit one of the people hitting us a few times to get them off and my survivability goes up drastically. Often I want to leave GA because of people who want to go do their own thing. I did actually leave one a few days ago because every player on the team(minus maybe one other person) was running in and soloing instead of waiting for the whole team. I'm, honestly, Only as good as what I'm given. Sometimes people expect the cleric to be a miracle worker and we're not(Although, many of us do seem close given some of the teams we deal with). Clerics are not a solution to all your problems.

And they can't not enter if they want gear, how else are they supposed to get their honor points. People like you, make me sick. If I was this cleric, and had you on my team--I'd tell you to go heal yourself. Everyone starts as a noob, get over yourself.

#29 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:42 AM

More clerics that play CD = more CD matches going. I have seen a lot of new clerics get abused as hell, but still keep coming back to learn and try their best. After awhile they are good clerics. I have been in a lot of matches where a few of the fighters are new and no one yells at them for dying all of the time, yet yell at a new cleric for not doing their job.

Namir is 100% right, part of the fighters job is to protect the cleric, but few do that anymore. I love people yelling for heals or buffs while I am being attacked by 2-3 scouts, their hawks and a raider that snuck in and no one is decloaking. I am healing myself in hopes that someone will help, then I am laying dead and people are mad that I did not heal them. Anymore I just laugh and respawn or say something sarcastic back.

New clerics need to gear up the best they can, ask other clerics questions, buff as you can, heal as you can and have a thick skin. As long as you are trying and learning that is the best you can do. Get points as you can and get better gear and most of all ignore the idiots.

#30 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

Oh yeah? We won a CD match once with a Non-IM buffer cleric. It's not the Cleric's IM buffs/gears, it's the teamwork.

And also, you speak like you haven't gone through the whole "ungeared" process.

Cleric overly dependent players are the one who must be called "noobs". Just finding someone to blame for their own weakness than admitting it and improve themselves.

Agreed I never understood those fools who talk thrash and blame people, some clerics also do that, blaming the whole team sometimes. Or would say this team is bad Champs suck, Raiders are cristal hitters, Soft Mages and what not.

I never ever blame anyone in CD because they could not heal me or assist. In fact when the team loses I always feel that we could have won had I just played a bit better. I am always thinking like "had I run a little sooner to the oppoenents cleric maybe my poison knife is the last nail in the coffin for that cleric.

#31 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

I would recommend you talk to ClericEN. He is one of the best clerics in game. He can help you a lot with becoming a better cleric for CD. And yes, you will be insulted, trashed, etc., no matter how good of a cleric you become, because there will always be people that blame the cleric, for their own bad play strategies. You can do as some do, and don't buff/heal them, or go ahead and be the bigger person, by continuing to buff/heal those that try to put you down. I applaud you for your determination, and willingess to seek advice.

#32 seeyourhead

seeyourhead

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

I just finished another CD and only got two points. So far i went to eight battles and 7 of it i m the only cleric. I admit in some battle i didn't do much healing because i was busy running around and avoiding attack n using voltage storm.

Thank you all for trying to help!My questions are all over the places sand i have arranged it in point forms. Appreciate if i can get some pointers from all of you.

1) Could you please tell me during CD which is the most important? Re-buff people that respawn, healing survivors out there in the front line, spamming voltage storm and healing myself?

2) Sometimes they will randomly shout buff like critical/def buff, i guess i am still a bit slow in clicking and buffing. I have party buff but i click on the selected people that shouted the buff cos i did a full party buff before and doing another round of party buff will mess with their stats again right? So i do it individually and its kind of slow.... Do you all do a party buff when 1 or 2 people asked for a certain buff again?

3) Where are the nice places to hide? is it common that our of 8 battles,7 battle i am the only cleric?

4) I have all my items to (11) reinforced orleans but i still die within a few hits, there is nothing more i can buy. i have already spent all my money on buying things for CD.... but i still get party members that said "Our cleric died in 3 hits....lol..good luck". No rude words but i didn't retaliate as well because i did indeed die in 3-4 hits.

5) Is it common to die 4-5 times in battle? I cant seem to find a good place to heal my members. do you guys stay away from front line and if ppl need healing they come to you?Or do i have to go to the frontline to heal team members?

6) Sometimes when i die and respawn,there r other party mates there so i did a full buff and when i am half way through another spawn and another and another.....How do you all react in such situtation?Re-buff again or off to heal other survivors?

7) Someone mention to me to auto spam voltage shock...while another told me to auto spam heal..which one should i do?

Edited by seeyourhead, 01 March 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#33 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

Minimum requirement for GA survivability for clerics is Reinforced +10. The rest are all up to your allied champs to keep you alive.

#34 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia
  • Server:Best Artisan in the world

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

welllll regardless, i'd prefer to do my job even if they don't appreciate it or think they won because of their awesome efforts, instead of potentially losing the game for the rest of the group who aren't being rude. i mean you can't really have pride as a cleric if you aren't doing your job as one.

yes you can.
"where are my heals sven?"
next thing you know, i skill reset to a battle cleric cause lol sup

#35 Stachola

Stachola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

. AND START FLEXING ON THESE GOONS!!

Flex on these haters like John Wall?

#36 chuchuchubaka

chuchuchubaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

Of course you're gonna get insulted playing in CD without gear. its standard.
dont play CD until you're fully geared with IM buffs. nuff said

#37 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

1) Could you please tell me during CD which is the most important? Re-buff people that respawn, healing survivors out there in the front line, spamming voltage storm and healing myself?
Keeping group members alive by keeping yourself alive, and buffing them (when you can). Since you can't tank very well atm don't worry about voltage storm, just focus on healing other ppl and yourself.

2) Sometimes they will randomly shout buff like critical/def buff, i guess i am still a bit slow in clicking and buffing. I have party buff but i click on the selected people that shouted the buff cos i did a full party buff before and doing another round of party buff will mess with their stats again right? So i do it individually and its kind of slow.... Do you all do a party buff when 1 or 2 people asked for a certain buff again?
Yes, just buff them with party buffs, you don't need your individual buffs in CD. Like I said, get a skill reset so you can use your points on def passives instead.

3) Where are the nice places to hide? is it common that our of 8 battles,7 battle i am the only cleric?
If you're defending, inside the crystal (unless your opponents have a lot of bourgs with ranged aoe). Other than that, nowhere. Because you're a cleric, they'll always target you first. Yes it's common to be the only cleric in an non-full cd match. In a 10vs10 you'll have another cleric.

4) I have all my items to (11) reinforced orleans but i still die within a few hits, there is nothing more i can buy. i have already spent all my money on buying things for CD.... but i still get party members that said "Our cleric died in 3 hits....lol..good luck". No rude words but i didn't retaliate as well because i did indeed die in 3-4 hits.
Do a skill reset first. Do you have gems in your jewellery/reinforced chest? Getting better gear will take some time if you're buying them with points.

5) Is it common to die 4-5 times in battle? I cant seem to find a good place to heal my members. do you guys stay away from front line and if ppl need healing they come to you?Or do i have to go to the frontline to heal team members?
If you're winning, you shouldn't die too much. But if you're losing, 4-5 sounds about right. It's best to be close to your team. That way, they can protect you and you can be there to heal them. Use party heal every chance you get.

6) Sometimes when i die and respawn,there r other party mates there so i did a full buff and when i am half way through another spawn and another and another.....How do you all react in such situtation?Re-buff again or off to heal other survivors?
If you die, there's a good chance most people in your group will die too. Wait for them all to respawn with you and rebuff them again. You should always try to attack/defend as a group so make sure you tell people to stay together.

7) Someone mention to me to auto spam voltage shock...while another told me to auto spam heal..which one should i do?
Heal.

#38 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

Of course you're gonna get insulted playing in CD without gear. its standard.
dont play CD until you're fully geared with IM buffs. nuff said

And how do you expect them to get honor points without playing. Don't knock someone who's trying to learn. You disgust me.

#39 chuchuchubaka

chuchuchubaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

And how do you expect them to get honor points without playing. Don't knock someone who's trying to learn. You disgust me.

theres a way to get honor gear without honor points. its called zulie

nubbie.

#40 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

Which is a pain to get unless you sell im. Nubbie. And prices are going to jump again. Hardly a way to get it for someone who has been playing for a month.

#41 chuchuchubaka

chuchuchubaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

if you have any bit of intelligence its not hard to gear up without buying IM. People SHOULD be struggling to get the endgame pvp items. What's the fun in being able to get fully geared in just a couple of months?

Which is a pain to get unless you sell im. Nubbie. And prices are going to jump again. Hardly a way to get it for someone who has been playing for a month.

quoting massive IM buyer

#42 TiToTeo

TiToTeo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

what doesn't kill you make you stronger.

#43 Kermaperuna

Kermaperuna

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

As I'm not a cleric myself, all the advice I can give you is: keep playing and don't let the retards of this game get to you.

#44 seeyourhead

seeyourhead

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

thank you all for the replies and Namirbarades for being a great help:D

#45 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

I really think that it is more fun to play the game that way - earning honor points using your own characters. HAHA. This post is nostalgic really, back when I only have reinforced set and still saving up honor points for the gears. Little by little, you can fell you are being stronger by knowing your job and the weaknesses. It makes you a better player by not being so dependent on your gears, but rather, how you play. :)

#46 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

it used to be fun..before this timer

#47 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

#48 Indow

Indow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAman
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Guild Wars 2

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

What a bullcrap, how is one supposed to learn without practice?

#49 Metaleux

Metaleux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

if you have any bit of intelligence its not hard to gear up without buying IM. People SHOULD be struggling to get the endgame pvp items. What's the fun in being able to get fully geared in just a couple of months?

quoting massive IM buyer

So if people should be struggling for endgame gear, you should be happy to have an ungeared cleric on your team, makes it even harder !

@OP : Just ignore those people who insult you, if they are raging cause they lose one war, they probably don't have much endgame stuff themselves. Just follow the advice given on the forum and when you get better those people will regret that you are not on their team.

Edited by Metaleux, 02 March 2013 - 03:37 AM.

#50 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

Hush little chicken and just read your book. Hush now, it will be over soon. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic