Need help with Mastersmith>Mechanic Build - Page 2 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need help with Mastersmith>Mechanic Build

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#26 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

It's usually cheaper to buy a brocca and safe certs than to buy a pile bunker already made.

#27 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationHorcatereilberg-the Grand City
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

It's usually cheaper to buy a brocca and safe certs than to buy a pile bunker already made.

Thats what I thought...
But sadly there is not much people selling an ordinary Brocca. I found that there are other ways but its going to be more costly to get it and it is a chance! Ive posted in the chaos market, but there's no luck! /sob

ALSO, Do you know anyone who happen to sell one? :)

#28 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

The way to get one is to find someone with prize medals saved up from box events, and pay them to convert them into a Brocca - unfortunately, they could just as easily make any other weapon that you can trade hugel medals for - the most valuable of which is a combat knife. So the price of brocca through that means like 60-75m.

There are only four sources of broccas, though...

1) From Lord Knight MVP (this is a trivial contribution to brocca production - he is nigh impossible in renewal).
2) From Prize Medals
3) From old players coming back selling ones they got back when people hunted the Bio3 MVPs (they were killable pre-renewal through various cheap tricks. I think I even killed the LK once with IWAB. Or maybe that was sinx.
4) From High Weapon Boxes (this is a small contribution - not as small as freshly killed LK mvp though; I don't think _anyone_ is killing bio3 MVP now)

#29 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

I Finally got the BROCCA!!! :D /rice /rice :p_idea: :p_hi: :p_laugh:

#30 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

If I for example become a 150/50 Mechanic and the upgrade weapon skill that I have is lvl 7 - does the effects of that skill still works like 99/70? or not.
Im talking about the successful chance of upgrading items by the way.If not, does it mean that I have the chance of upgrading weapons like an NPC does?

Thanks in advance

#31 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

If I for example become a 150/50 Mechanic and the upgrade weapon skill that I have is lvl 7 - does the effects of that skill still works like 99/70? or not.
Im talking about the successful chance of upgrading items by the way.If not, does it mean that I have the chance of upgrading weapons like an NPC does?

Thanks in advance

Upgrade weapon is better on a perma-mastersmith.
You need job 70.

#32 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

Upgrade weapon is better on a perma-mastersmith.
You need job 70.

Im a mechanic when you will be reading this message.
What are the available builds for a mado mechanic?

#33 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

they have the 2 trees broken down for you on the official page:

http://www.playragna..._tree.aspx?c=42

Basically your 2 choices are

Full Support build with maxed out Neutral barrier for party support (parties will love you for this)

or full killer build with maxed out arm cannon and ice launcher

statwise you want 120 str 100 vit 100-120 dex (more dex if youre arm cannon build) and like 30-40 INT for skill spam, and the rest into LUK if you want or more int

#34 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Use search function. There are several threads available with Mado builds.
Also When riding mado, the only smith skill you can use is greed.

#35 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

they have the 2 trees broken down for you on the official page:

http://www.playragna..._tree.aspx?c=42

Basically your 2 choices are

Full Support build with maxed out Neutral barrier for party support (parties will love you for this)

or full killer build with maxed out arm cannon and ice launcher

statwise you want 120 str 100 vit 100-120 dex (more dex if youre arm cannon build) and like 30-40 INT for skill spam, and the rest into LUK if you want or more int

Those skills help, but Im not sure if they are in sync with the Post-Renewal effects though.
Do you have any templates that are available, base on the two builds you suggested, like I want to know if I can MVP with them not just in party.

#36 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Use search function. There are several threads available with Mado builds.
Also When riding mado, the only smith skill you can use is greed.

I notice :)

Sadly there are not many of mechanic builds lately.
There are some, but most of them are outdated. This forum does not distribute any mado builds. Its FULL of ALCHIES!!!!!!! D:
If the merchant forum is divided by two to serve smiths and alchies, alchies would have more post than mechs. /sob

#37 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

There are some, but most of them are outdated. This forum does not distribute any mado builds. Its FULL of ALCHIES!!!!!!! D:
If the merchant forum is divided by two to serve smiths and alchies, alchies would have more post than mechs. /sob

Honestly I was one of the few people left that played Mechanic and enjoyed it.
But I quit and i'm too lazy to write a guide. /sry

#38 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

Those skills help, but Im not sure if they are in sync with the Post-Renewal effects though.
Do you have any templates that are available, base on the two builds you suggested, like I want to know if I can MVP with them not just in party.

They are still the same in renewal. The only thing though is that its questionable as to whether they hold up past lvl 130/140ish+. Alot of people complain about the fall in DPS vs the monsters youre against. For WoE build, you will DEFINITELY go full support. The benefits to castle defense are astounding and suiciding is still a viable way of wiping everyone on screen (although its annoying as hell and you have to return to town to rerent a new madosuit). Neutral barrier also has a place in TIs as it can help undergeared players and squishies from being 1 shotted

i agree. It seems the majority of people making smiths these days are only botters lol. Its no secret that Chaos has become overun by Genetics. Ive also noticed that everyone making smiths are choosing to go axe build. I strongly advise against this for multiple reasons. Axe build is painfully nerfed and youll find yourself getting frustrated that you cant compete against other classes in anything. Even in maxed out gear, this build still underperforms. Ive noticed that people are too indimidated to try out the madobuilds because they dont really understand them and dont have enough info on their damage output or play style to give it a shot (not sure why you need to rely on others to play your character). Also, ive noticed that the axe builders seem to be too intimidated to try using the FAWs to boost their damage. They really arnt that hard to maintain/use due to their ridiculously easy mats (unlike other classes like rune knights that need to hunt hard to find mats) and youre only cheating yourself by not using them.

Axe isnt the worst thing in the world, and if you like the playstyle of blacksmith alot, then by all means, go the way of the axe. But you put in all of this work to get this far. Why not advance to the next level of your class and utilize their awesome new ranged skills. Plus the mado attacks just look all around bad ass =p

axe:
100-120 str
50agi (dont bother getting any more then this)
100-120 vit (depending on what youre doing)
70-90 dex
LUK (up to you. beneficial in crits for single target killing, perfect dodge for mob tanking, more dmg for dmg output)

mado:
120 str (or 100 and put the rest in LUK)
1 agi
100-120 vit
30-40 int for spell spam (some people go as high as 50+)
100-120 dex (raises the speed of your attacks)
LUK (same as above. you can choose to raise this instead of STR since STR points will start costing too much at higher lvl)

Edited by killedbytofu, 13 April 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#39 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

They are still the same in renewal. The only thing though is that its questionable as to whether they hold up past lvl 130/140ish+. Alot of people complain about the fall in DPS vs the monsters youre against. For WoE build, you will DEFINITELY go full support. The benefits to castle defense are astounding and suiciding is still a viable way of wiping everyone on screen (although its annoying as hell and you have to return to town to rerent a new madosuit). Neutral barrier also has a place in TIs as it can help undergeared players and squishies from being 1 shotted

i agree. It seems the majority of people making smiths these days are only botters lol. Its no secret that Chaos has become overun by Genetics. Ive also noticed that everyone making smiths are choosing to go axe build. I strongly advise against this for multiple reasons. Axe build is painfully nerfed and youll find yourself getting frustrated that you cant compete against other classes in anything. Even in maxed out gear, this build still underperforms. Ive noticed that people are too indimidated to try out the madobuilds because they dont really understand them and dont have enough info on their damage output or play style to give it a shot (not sure why you need to rely on others to play your character). Also, ive noticed that the axe builders seem to be too intimidated to try using the FAWs to boost their damage. They really arnt that hard to maintain/use due to their ridiculously easy mats (unlike other classes like rune knights that need to hunt hard to find mats) and youre only cheating yourself by not using them.

Axe isnt the worst thing in the world, and if you like the playstyle of blacksmith alot, then by all means, go the way of the axe. But you put in all of this work to get this far. Why not advance to the next level of your class and utilize their awesome new ranged skills. Plus the mado attacks just look all around bad ass =p

axe:
100-120 str
50agi (dont bother getting any more then this)
100-120 vit (depending on what youre doing)
70-90 dex
LUK (up to you. beneficial in crits for single target killing, perfect dodge for mob tanking, more dmg for dmg output)

mado:
120 str (or 100 and put the rest in LUK)
1 agi
100-120 vit
30-40 int for spell spam (some people go as high as 50+)
100-120 dex (raises the speed of your attacks)
LUK (same as above. you can choose to raise this instead of STR since STR points will start costing too much at higher lvl)

By all means, I have to agree with you. We have all work hard for getting our Smiths to 99/70 and then at the end some of us just follow the way of the axe lifestyle, and avoid embracing ambiguity in the way of Mechanics. With that I proudly say to all people reading this topic to stop holding an axe and embrace the ambiguity! *waves the Mech flag.

For me personally, I chose the path of the Mechanics because I am fully exhausted of getting bullied by range monsters, or players in PVP :pif: , and it is time to have retribution against all ranger monsters! /heh

Since I still got agi on my Mechanic, on which I am a mado, do you advise me to keep it or reset it? I am still doing TI at lower tier so I can get more skills out of it. What should my job level be, in order to advance to mid-tier ti? Currently I got it at lvl 11.

RIght now, my Dex is in 70, Im focusing on getting Vit to 70 then go back to focusing on Dex. Is it wise to do that?
My HP right now is around 11k without my Goibne Set which gives me 15k HP. Current HP now is 13k, still wearing the other goibne gears except for the helm.

Should I get int as soon as possible? I got int 2 at the moment.

Thank you in advance, also, I love the updated mechanic guide in the wiki. :rice: :p_idea:

Viva la Mechanics!

#40 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

By all means, I have to agree with you. We have all work hard for getting our Smiths to 99/70 and then at the end some of us just follow the way of the axe lifestyle, and avoid embracing ambiguity in the way of Mechanics. With that I proudly say to all people reading this topic to stop holding an axe and embrace the ambiguity! *waves the Mech flag.

For me personally, I chose the path of the Mechanics because I am fully exhausted of getting bullied by range monsters, or players in PVP :pif: , and it is time to have retribution against all ranger monsters! /heh

Since I still got agi on my Mechanic, on which I am a mado, do you advise me to keep it or reset it? I am still doing TI at lower tier so I can get more skills out of it. What should my job level be, in order to advance to mid-tier ti? Currently I got it at lvl 11.

RIght now, my Dex is in 70, Im focusing on getting Vit to 70 then go back to focusing on Dex. Is it wise to do that?
My HP right now is around 11k without my Goibne Set which gives me 15k HP. Current HP now is 13k, still wearing the other goibne gears except for the helm.

Should I get int as soon as possible? I got int 2 at the moment.

Thank you in advance, also, I love the updated mechanic guide in the wiki. :rice: :p_idea:

Viva la Mechanics!

I would say stay at lvl 99 till you have at least Arm Cannon and Ice Launcher maxed (job lvl 18) since those will be your primary leveling spells. Youre smart to stay 99, since job levels are hard to get post lvl 100. Just keep milking the sign board quests as much as you can (and popping job manuals and BMs if you have the money to do so)

also hold out on using your stat reset until youre fully ready to commit to the mado suit full time. Youll basically be switching from single target killing to pure AOE massacre at that point and will have no need for any agi.

i will also mention that, if you want, you can get axe tornado right now to level with, then when you DO reset (you have until may 7th) just dump it. Or if you are planning on being hybrid or something, just keep tornado for emergency purposes (although HSCR works just fine if you find yourself out of suit). Although if you do decide to keep tornado, youll have less points to spend on mado spells. The good thing about the Mechanic tree though, is you have alot of leeway to get creative

Edited by killedbytofu, 15 April 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#41 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

I would say stay at lvl 99 till you have at least Arm Cannon and Ice Launcher maxed (job lvl 18) since those will be your primary leveling spells. Youre smart to stay 99, since job levels are hard to get post lvl 100. Just keep milking the sign board quests as much as you can (and popping job manuals and BMs if you have the money to do so)

also hold out on using your stat reset until youre fully ready to commit to the mado suit full time. Youll basically be switching from single target killing to pure AOE massacre at that point and will have no need for any agi.

i will also mention that, if you want, you can get axe tornado right now to level with, then when you DO reset (you have until may 7th) just dump it. Or if you are planning on being hybrid or something, just keep tornado for emergency purposes (although HSCR works just fine if you find yourself out of suit). Although if you do decide to keep tornado, youll have less points to spend on mado spells. The good thing about the Mechanic tree though, is you have alot of leeway to get creative

Currently I am now 102/17.
I shouldve gone for one more job level but some accidental activation of BMs were not avoided. :pif:

I have decided to the path of becoming an FS Mado-Mech but I am having some difficulties on getting the available choices.
For an FS build, I realise that there are a lot of skills that I need to choose like maxing SD, Neutral Barrier and Stealth Field Skill.
But to be in an FS build, I must be able to take care of myself and have those natural resistance skills.

This is what I am planning to get out of my Mado-Mech when 150/50 is reach for an FS build.

Mado License LVL 5
Knuckle Boost Lvl 2
Pile Bunker Lvl 1
Vulcan Arm lvl 3
Ice Launcher and Flame Thrower Lvl 2 each.
Arm Cannon either lvl 1 or 2.

Acceleration, Hover, Front and Back Slide lvl 1.

Remodel Mainframe lvl 2
Suicide Destruction lvl 2 or 3.
Elemental Shift lvl 2
Infrared scan lvl 1
Magnetic Field lvl 2
Cooldown 1
Analyze 3
Neutral Barrier 3
Stealth Field Lvl 3
Repair lvl 3

Overall, I have 5 unspent stat points left, and not sure where the other 5 should go... (Fire-Earth Mastery lvl 3 or 5?, or Remodel max lvl 4? or Elemental Shift max lvl 4? or Repair lvl 5?)

http://irowiki.org/~...hddBdPeddQkAcH1

The link above is my plan build for FS-Mado Mech Build. (Not-Reset)
Some of the 1st & 2nd Class skills there are my current skills.

Pls critic and give feedback on my chosen skill build for my FS-Mado Mech, as it will be greatly appreciated! :p_smile:
By choosing FS Build, is that the right thing to do? I am just experimenting at the moment on the skills and being creative. I am not sure if I can still MVP with that propose FS build of mine. I can definitely do WoE with those skills, in my opinion, though lacking the damage output. So pls give me feedback on what you guys think.

Once Again, thank you for your help!

Edited by LawrenzTyr18, 18 April 2013 - 01:36 AM.

#42 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Currently I am now 102/17.
I shouldve gone for one more job level but some accidental activation of BMs were not avoided. :pif:

I have decided to the path of becoming an FS Mado-Mech but I am having some difficulties on getting the available choices.
For an FS build, I realise that there are a lot of skills that I need to choose like maxing SD, Neutral Barrier and Stealth Field Skill.
But to be in an FS build, I must be able to take care of myself and have those natural resistance skills.

This is what I am planning to get out of my Mado-Mech when 150/50 is reach for an FS build.

Mado License LVL 5
Knuckle Boost Lvl 2
Pile Bunker Lvl 1
Vulcan Arm lvl 3
Ice Launcher and Flame Thrower Lvl 2 each.
Arm Cannon either lvl 1 or 2.

Acceleration, Hover, Front and Back Slide lvl 1.

Remodel Mainframe lvl 2
Suicide Destruction lvl 2 or 3.
Elemental Shift lvl 2
Infrared scan lvl 1
Magnetic Field lvl 2
Cooldown 1
Analyze 3
Neutral Barrier 3
Stealth Field Lvl 3
Repair lvl 3

Overall, I have 5 unspent stat points left, and not sure where the other 5 should go... (Fire-Earth Mastery lvl 3 or 5?, or Remodel max lvl 4? or Elemental Shift max lvl 4? or Repair lvl 5?)

http://irowiki.org/~...hddBdPeddQkAcH1

The link above is my plan build for FS-Mado Mech Build. (Not-Reset)
Some of the 1st & 2nd Class skills there are my current skills.

Pls critic and give feedback on my chosen skill build for my FS-Mado Mech, as it will be greatly appreciated! :p_smile:
By choosing FS Build, is that the right thing to do? I am just experimenting at the moment on the skills and being creative. I am not sure if I can still MVP with that propose FS build of mine. I can definitely do WoE with those skills, in my opinion, though lacking the damage output. So pls give me feedback on what you guys think.

Once Again, thank you for your help!

youll be able to run ET and kill mvps with friends/guildies and provide much support, such as immunity to Earthquake, which is one of the most devistating attacks. if youre just looking to solo mvps, i think the lower end ones will be easy for you, but without a high dmg attack to spam, you may have some problems with the upper tier ones. I assume youre choosing FS build though to be able to mvp with other people?

#43 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

Hmmm. This is a tough choice for me. I want to be able to MVP and at the same time be a FS Mado during Woe and/or ET runs. I have been testing the offensive skills that I have for mado mech currently, and find out that they are good but needed to be max out so it can kill better. So far, I am not satisfied with the Arm Cannon's cast rate - I have it at level 1. To answer your question, yes I am planning to make an FS Mado in the future but the skill plan to it is still in draft stages. I think it's best for me to increase more job levels so I can start trying the other skills and have a feel for it.

These are my questions so far,

Q1&2. Are you sayin that, if I have max those offensive killer skills for mado mech, I can MVP higher bosses? If so, which are the best skills for doing that?

Q3. Is it good to invest on Arm Cannon Lvl 3 in the long run?

Q4. Do I have to max out Repair? or just lvl 3? in the long run? I am using Witch Pumpkin Hat set so I can heal better using Pumpkins.

Q5. Is it a wise choice to have an FS Build that is chosen under the requirements? Reason I ask for this is so I can have more skills to allocate to other skills as well. However, that means that it sounds more of a hybrid-like build of a mechanic.

#44 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Hmmm. This is a tough choice for me. I want to be able to MVP and at the same time be a FS Mado during Woe and/or ET runs. I have been testing the offensive skills that I have for mado mech currently, and find out that they are good but needed to be max out so it can kill better. So far, I am not satisfied with the Arm Cannon's cast rate - I have it at level 1. To answer your question, yes I am planning to make an FS Mado in the future but the skill plan to it is still in draft stages. I think it's best for me to increase more job levels so I can start trying the other skills and have a feel for it
How much dex do you have? 100 is preferred for mado.I know you really want to MVP on this character, but you got to understand mechs just aren't cut out for it. We don't do enough damage to compete and we go into overheat from the mobs. it's better to sit back and help. FS is where mado shines.
These are my questions so far,

Q1&2. Are you sayin that, if I have max those offensive killer skills for mado mech, I can MVP higher bosses? If so, which are the best skills for doing that?
Arm Cannon 3 is as good as it gets for Mado Mech damage wise.
Ice launcher 3 is also very good, Knuckle Boot max is nice for high agi mados.
Pile Bunker is useful for WoE. At a min, get AC 3 and IL3.

Q3. Is it good to invest on Arm Cannon Lvl 3 in the long run?
3 has the best damage, but the smaller AOE can be a pain in mobby areas.
Because of overheat, tanking for any length of time can be deadly.

Q4. Do I have to max out Repair? or just lvl 3? in the long run? I am using Witch Pumpkin Hat set so I can heal better using Pumpkins.
if you have better alternative healing, stick with that.
Q5. Is it a wise choice to have an FS Build that is chosen under the requirements? Reason I ask for this is so I can have more skills to allocate to other skills as well. However, that means that it sounds more of a hybrid-like build of a mechanic?
Best Build for mado is support. Monster HP starts to outpace your arm cannon damage around 135 in a mean way. Support is a better option for finishing off those last levels.

#45 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

^beat me to it lol

support is fun as hell in ET because you get to play big daddy protector to the squishies that would normally die in 1 earthquake cast (and they will love you for it), and you get to vacuum up all the loots with greed which means you walk away with a ton of profit. I wouldnt try doing any of the big time MVPs solo as a mechanic. Very few classes can do that at all, so dont feel bad. As for arm cannon lvl 3, its pretty much your biggest dmg output and does require alot of dex/caster gear to get the time down on it (90 minimum). sprint rings, crowd of deceit, and KK card can help with this on top of DEX if youre fine on HP. Youll find that having the high dex helps with your overall dmg output because you can spam your spells faster. I wouldnt bother with repair since you already have efficient means of healing (although it can be helpful for soloing if youre taking big dmg).

Mech is a great party class, and does fine enough soloing due to the high amounts of HP and wide variety of AOE. Although as he said above, it does fall off after about 135 in terms of dmg (which is where cast speed is going to help you out alot)

if youre just looking to solo mvps though, i suggest making a geneticist =p

Edited by killedbytofu, 22 April 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#46 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

My mech is lvl 103/19 so far. Im not home right now, but this is what I remember from my stats.

Str:95
Agi:50
Dex:75
Int: 12
Vit: 55
Luk:1

My focus right now is gettin VIT to 60, Dex to 80 and INT to 30, till I get Vit 80-90, Dex 100? or more? INT to 30-50.

Hmmm, I guess sitting back and helping defend the squishies are best, since you said and from experience, that monster's HP pool is ascending, and we won't become effective killer like we used to later..

Arm Cannon Lvl 3's reduction of AoE range is pretty much annoying, despite I only have lvl 1 of it. Hearing from other Mado's opinion in mid-tier TI about AC is that they wish they should've stayed level 1 AC. So far, Im having doubts of adding more because of those information.

Ice Launcher doesn't give much a wow factor for me, I need more practice with this skill later, to see if its worth gettin it to 3. So far its just lvl 2. on average.

Flame Thrower, is nice imo. :)

Knuckle boost is awesome, because I can spam it multiple of times without delay. <3
Would it be better if I put more stats in KB than AC?

Since I have agi, I heard that around 40-50 will give me Masq resistance, is that true? If so, should I keep it, in case I am planning on Woe-ing with it? Otherwise, I'll use the points I get after I reset and dump it to Vit...or Dex..

When in May is the last time for free reset?

#47 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

^beat me to it lol

support is fun as hell in ET because you get to play big daddy protector to the squishies that would normally die in 1 earthquake cast (and they will love you for it), and you get to vacuum up all the loots with greed which means you walk away with a ton of profit. I wouldnt try doing any of the big time MVPs solo as a mechanic. Very few classes can do that at all, so dont feel bad. As for arm cannon lvl 3, its pretty much your biggest dmg output and does require alot of dex/caster gear to get the time down on it (90 minimum). sprint rings, crowd of deceit, and KK card can help with this on top of DEX if youre fine on HP. Youll find that having the high dex helps with your overall dmg output because you can spam your spells faster. I wouldnt bother with repair since you already have efficient means of healing (although it can be helpful for soloing if youre taking big dmg).

Mech is a great party class, and does fine enough soloing due to the high amounts of HP and wide variety of AOE. Although as he said above, it does fall off after about 135 in terms of dmg (which is where cast speed is going to help you out alot)

if youre just looking to solo mvps though, i suggest making a geneticist =p

Yes, my healing is sorted, however, my fear of WPumpkinHat + AM getting nerf or change is bothering me. It is what I am using for healing purposes. :)

Hahahahaha..gene..I see I am wishing too much. :wah:
But when you emphasise that I can support the party and grabbing the loots :gg: it made me cry! :p_laugh:
I better get more Dex for fast casting time and damage in the future.
This really made me happy! :p_smile: :thx:

#48 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

Yes, my healing is sorted, however, my fear of WPumpkinHat + AM getting nerf or change is bothering me. It is what I am using for healing purposes. :)

Hahahahaha..gene..I see I am wishing too much. :wah:
But when you emphasise that I can support the party and grabbing the loots :gg: it made me cry! :p_laugh:
I better get more Dex for fast casting time and damage in the future.
This really made me happy! :p_smile: :thx:

mado has no use for agi unless you want to be a knuckle boost spammer (im not sure how much agi even effects this because i never use it). it sounds like you found a niche with knuckle boost though, and if its working for you as a leveling skill, then that frees up more points for other stuff. Arm cannon lvl 3 does alot of dmg but you need the high dex to support it, otherwise its too slow and you end up losing overall DPS. As for its short range, welcome to the world of Cart Cannoning geneticists :heh: . and yea flame thrower is fun as hell but its kind of a pain to use hahah

IMO i would dump the agi and put those points into dex and vit instead. i dunno how youre doing on SP right now, but if 12 is getting you by then by all means keep it. also, a rideword hat might help out out with the healing issue, as it frees up headslots for a pirates dagger, or fish in mouth + slotted glasses (if you can afford all this).

this is an ideal stat setup for a lvl 99 mado:

str 80, 1 agi, 70 vit, 19 int, 90 dex, 1 luk

you would be raising dex vit and luk at this point (luk last for that extra dmg boost).

heres some motivation to get you going:

neutral barrier:

Edited by killedbytofu, 23 April 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#49 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

Mechs need agi so you have something to do when you are mado-less
Sometimes there will be times when you lose your mado and may not have the luxury of going back to get one.
Get around 50 agi and with Adrenalin rush you can have very sexy dps and can spam HSCR and still be useful
Luck is the only stat Mechs have no use for

Clarifications about Ice Launcher:
Ice launcher has the same damage formula as arm cannon with a different level modifier.
it has a shorter cast time , longer cast delay and is a larger AoE. So for things weak to water, it is tends to be superior to arm cannon. i don't have arm cannon 3 on my Mech and I don't miss it. Having only AC 2 is doable so no worries. Also with a well carded mail/sword breaker you can have all the lols in WoE. with Ice launcher.

#50 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:31 AM

Mechs need agi so you have something to do when you are mado-less
Sometimes there will be times when you lose your mado and may not have the luxury of going back to get one.
Get around 50 agi and with Adrenalin rush you can have very sexy dps and can spam HSCR and still be useful
Luck is the only stat Mechs have no use for

Clarifications about Ice Launcher:
Ice launcher has the same damage formula as arm cannon with a different level modifier.
it has a shorter cast time , longer cast delay and is a larger AoE. So for things weak to water, it is tends to be superior to arm cannon. i don't have arm cannon 3 on my Mech and I don't miss it. Having only AC 2 is doable so no worries. Also with a well carded mail/sword breaker you can have all the lols in WoE. with Ice launcher.

ac 3 is better for pvp/woe though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users