Need help with Mastersmith>Mechanic Build - Page 3 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need help with Mastersmith>Mechanic Build

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#51 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

ac 3 is better for pvp/woe though

Only if you are camping in one of your mech barriers.
If you actually need to kill someone that is bothering you, knuckle boost is much more reliable
for pvp/woe situations. WoE mechs are usually geared for survivability and Suicidal destructioning not cast speed. Why even bothering casting AC when your opponents have skills that cast faster and hit harder. Unless they are haxing, you can hitlock most people with Knuckle Boost and ASPD boosting consumables tend to be very cheap.

Usually, one again I'll say it, you should be using a status carded mail/swordbreaker with ice launcher in WoE/PvP. That's 4 status effects.

#52 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

Being one of the first 150 mechs on this server ill tell u that 50 agi is not enough. HSCR is the best skill mechanics have besides SD.

#53 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

Being one of the first 150 mechs on this server ill tell u that 50 agi is not enough. HSCR is the best skill mechanics have besides SD.

The game play environment has changed since you 150'd your mech.
Knuckle boost was the the only good skill mado mechs had after renewal debut.
it was very common for mado players to optimize their builds to make the most of knuckle boost with 100+ agi but that isn't necessary anymore because mechs can do other things now and there is no need to make pretend like a mech's DPS is important in WoE or PvP.

#54 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

knuckle boost?  did u 150 a mech from turn-ins? read the op. he aint going to knuckle boost no mvps. he can tho hscr mvps at acid bomb speed.

Edited by stoenr, 26 April 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#55 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

lol relying on knuckle boost for leveling or anything else is completely ridiculous. if youre going to waste stat points on agi, you might as well just play an axe build instead cuz that totally defeats the point of madomech.

#56 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

agi is not a waste even going full support which is pretty lame to fulfill the agenda of someone else as a mech.  u still need short range dps as a mech or how do you even 150 in the first place? wow what has this game become.

Edited by stoenr, 27 April 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#57 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

agi is not a waste even going full support which is pretty lame to fulfill the agenda of someone else as a mech. u still need short range dps as a mech or how do you even 150 in the first place? wow what has this game become.

wut? :p_sick: :questionmark:

#58 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

by reading your comments i can tell you guys leveled by turn-ins pretty much the whole way. im pretty sure he doesnt want a borked support mechanic because thats the route everyone is suggesting. madotech is crap. 100% crap. its better to get 190 aspd with a shield and HSCR everything. i can solo bio3, hunt pretty much whatever i want. can your mech do that? and whenever i can go mado. but rather not because its crap.

Edited by stoenr, 28 April 2013 - 06:11 AM.

#59 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationHorcatereilberg-the Grand City
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

mado has no use for agi unless you want to be a knuckle boost spammer (im not sure how much agi even effects this because i never use it). it sounds like you found a niche with knuckle boost though, and if its working for you as a leveling skill, then that frees up more points for other stuff. Arm cannon lvl 3 does alot of dmg but you need the high dex to support it, otherwise its too slow and you end up losing overall DPS. As for its short range, welcome to the world of Cart Cannoning geneticists :heh: . and yea flame thrower is fun as hell but its kind of a pain to use hahah

IMO i would dump the agi and put those points into dex and vit instead. i dunno how youre doing on SP right now, but if 12 is getting you by then by all means keep it. also, a rideword hat might help out out with the healing issue, as it frees up headslots for a pirates dagger, or fish in mouth + slotted glasses (if you can afford all this).

this is an ideal stat setup for a lvl 99 mado:

str 80, 1 agi, 70 vit, 19 int, 90 dex, 1 luk

you would be raising dex vit and luk at this point (luk last for that extra dmg boost).

heres some motivation to get you going:

neutral barrier:

First of all, I would like to apologise for this tardy reply.
Second, I have finally resetted my mado mech into a proper one, however, the stats implemented to it, is different from what you have suggested. As they are build for my preferentials. My stat build currently is around: 95 Str, Agi 1, Vit 70, Int 20, Dex 90 and Luk 1. My level at the moment is 107/20. For now, I am focusing on leveling my mado first instead of the skills as it is more reasonable to do so - because during turn-ins, people are extremely picky nowadays and tend to focus more on getting the axe mechs than the mados.

When I resetted, I noticed that my knuckle boost is no longer spammable anymore, but it still does the damage it usually gives out. Its just slow really, and yes, it is affected by agi and 50 was the reasonable value it has to have for continuous spamming in my opinion. Also, since agi was already out of the way, when madogearless, I turn into a novice-like mech that has no ASPD. It wasn't fun. I still have some sentimentality of having AGI but in the future, I might restore 50 agi back, if I have stat points left.

That video was sure motivating, I was impress that the NB was like the KE of the Priest class.

Also, after reset, I have re-structured my skills. The only thing that had change in it was that I had discarded, the useless (IMO), Upgrade Weapon Skill into Lv.10 HSCR, Lvl 5 Shattering strike, lvl 3 Max.Power Thrust and lvl 10 Mammonite. However with those, implemented skills, I had forgotten to take the Item Appraisal skill! :p_swt: :p_laugh: :wah: :pif:

I was not please about it, but whats done is done. Sigh..... XD

#60 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Mechs need agi so you have something to do when you are mado-less
Sometimes there will be times when you lose your mado and may not have the luxury of going back to get one.
Get around 50 agi and with Adrenalin rush you can have very sexy dps and can spam HSCR and still be useful
Luck is the only stat Mechs have no use for

Clarifications about Ice Launcher:
Ice launcher has the same damage formula as arm cannon with a different level modifier.
it has a shorter cast time , longer cast delay and is a larger AoE. So for things weak to water, it is tends to be superior to arm cannon. i don't have arm cannon 3 on my Mech and I don't miss it. Having only AC 2 is doable so no worries. Also with a well carded mail/sword breaker you can have all the lols in WoE. with Ice launcher.

I believe your point of having Agi is true. I found myself completely incapable of killing monsters without the ASPD that I needed. In case I lose my mado from death or accidental cases of self-destructing, (Ive done that 13 time already :3), I always made sure I have Berserk pots or awakening & concentration pots with me. It still helps, but its the only way of having an ASPD. Adrenaline Rush does help, but I have to re-cast that every time it is running low.

Since I have HSCR max, I might add agi in the future for fun in the future. Hopefully.

Im curious though, why is Luck has no use for us MEchs? I mean it does give us the bonus of having P.Dodge, increase status defense, some added damage. (Well, not alot since we rely on Dex for damage with AC/IC.) Can you explain more about it.

About the IC, I still need more experiment about it in a controlled environment, say a group of magmarings perhaps or stapos, etc....
I max out AC because I find that it has better damage but low AoE range. Not really fond of that, but the damage compensates. Another flaw or a nuisance thing about AC is I have to carry cannonballs in my cart in case of annoying monsters. My cart contains all kinds of cannonballs, and stack 100-200 of it. Other than that, I have heaps of fuel stored in my cart aswell.. I feel like I am a walking dispenser, and this is why I need 95 str, just for the sake of carrying items and of course, looting! XD

So which is a better armor for a mech to have? Diabolus, Valk or Assaulter Plate? for an all-around use?(excluding WoE)
If WoE, what is the best armor and the card that is a must have for WoE with IC? Im just intrigue thats all!

#61 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

The way I see it, it seems that choosing Knuckle boost as part of an FS build is entirely depended on the player itself. When it comes to Woe/PvP, in my opinion, Knuckle boost is kind of a good option to have in order to retaliate the ones who are a nuisance to our presence. The AGI debate is kind of reasonable to have when it comes to spamming it because before I resetted, I can spam the skill really fast with 50 agi on me. But after reset, with AGI 1, KB is no longer spammable but still delivers the same damage.

Like I said before from my recent replies, adding agility in the future is an option, only if I have a considerate amount of stat points left. But if I do have points for that, then my agi would be around 40-50. Besides, I might even in fact need agi whenever I loose the suit. I still need to defend myself by having some ASPD against any enemy that I might face in the latter, and it seems to be valuable at some stages.

Lets just face it, it is up to the players really, if they want to have agi or not on their FS-Mado Mech or a Killer-Mado Mech builds. It's just our preference really and its what we are comfortable at. It's all about trial and errors, and learning from it. The ability to be comfortable at something is possibly the way on how we will have fun in this game!!

Edited by LawrenzTyr18, 28 April 2013 - 04:33 PM.

#62 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

by reading your comments i can tell you guys leveled by turn-ins pretty much the whole way. im pretty sure he doesnt want a borked support mechanic because thats the route everyone is suggesting. madotech is crap. 100% crap. its better to get 190 aspd with a shield and HSCR everything. i can solo bio3, hunt pretty much whatever i want. can your mech do that? and whenever i can go mado. but rather not because its crap.

Not everyone levels up in this game by turning in. Some of us level from point A to B if we have time. TI is just there, in my opinion, to boost our levelling so we can gain lvls and skills faster. My mado level up mostly in turn-ins as I don't have the extravagance of time in my hands and TI's existed there for a reason.

I want my mado to at least go against an MVP as it is kind of fun in my nature of choice. However, if I am only to level alone without no means of support from other people, then I might end up being a fool or an attention-_- in the forums complaining why can't I kill this certain MVP. Knowing about the FS-build of Mados is extremely handy for me as I learnt that its not just about how much damage I deal to the enemy but it is about having fun with the help of your friends in the game. Sure HSCR is fun and impressive for soloing the MVPs but I bet that is just for fun. HSCR is not the only way of killing the enemies...its just going to be blend and tedious if that happens.

They are suggesting a support mechanic because they have experience it, and I have nicely ask them about what other builds existed that's going to make my mado-gear fun.
I have no knowledge at all to this support build because there are not many mado-mechs build out there as people prefer to have an axe build instead. Having an axe build for them was the safest bet as it seems the breed of mado was dying.

With the updated information in irowiki, I have seen an increase amount of mado-mechanics in the game, or its just possibly me.

Saying, madomech is an absolute 100% crap, seems to be reasonable for you stoenr because of your experience. I think this is one of the reasons why people dislike or doesnt want to become a mado because of people like you influencing them that they shouldn't be one or not play as it.

I am only at least one or two weeks old on my madomech, and I found it absolutely fun!!!
I don't really see anything crap or horrible about it because it is too early to tell.

Overall, I am summing this mado experience in my own words as a fun overall experience, and its definitely worth the hardship that I felt of wielding an axe through the smith stages, and it is definitely worth it of being a mado because you can now retaliate and effectively kill them fast......

#63 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1811 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

hmm opinions on these:

- acceleration-3, arm cannon-3, ice launcher-3
OR
- acceleration-1, knuckle boost-5, arm cannon-3, ice launcher-2 (OR AC-2, IL-3 instead)

because i thought accel-1 would be enough, and wanted to get KB-5 if possible; though it means i have to leave either AC or IL at lvl 2 only, hmm...
have the whole stealth field tree skills maxed (except with magnetic-2 and shape shift-2 only)
pile bunker 3, MG license 5, both slides, no repair

Edited by ka10, 28 April 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#64 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

its because everyone was stating that agi is useless as a mech, mado or not.  agi has nothing to do with going mado.  there are plenty of stat points available to get agi and nobody will want to get close if they know u can dish out the damage.  for example you lose your suit and a edpd GX comes up to you, you're a gonner with 1 or little agi but not if u can out dps him with HSCR.  even with mvping you shouldn't rely on aoe skills because it will drain your resources FAST.  for example i solo'd that first phylla/ancient tree ti to hit 150 and if i relied on aoe mado skills it wouldn't have been possible.  hope that helps.at lower levels you can get away with axe tornado and some of the aoe skills but you will see at higher levels it becomes inefficient and time consuming. you have to progress and the way i did it i made billions off of the drops so the cost of hscr in the long run is nothing.

Edited by stoenr, 28 April 2013 - 09:48 PM.

#65 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:35 AM

First of all, I would like to apologise for this tardy reply.
Second, I have finally resetted my mado mech into a proper one, however, the stats implemented to it, is different from what you have suggested. As they are build for my preferentials. My stat build currently is around: 95 Str, Agi 1, Vit 70, Int 20, Dex 90 and Luk 1. My level at the moment is 107/20. For now, I am focusing on leveling my mado first instead of the skills as it is more reasonable to do so - because during turn-ins, people are extremely picky nowadays and tend to focus more on getting the axe mechs than the mados.

When I resetted, I noticed that my knuckle boost is no longer spammable anymore, but it still does the damage it usually gives out. Its just slow really, and yes, it is affected by agi and 50 was the reasonable value it has to have for continuous spamming in my opinion. Also, since agi was already out of the way, when madogearless, I turn into a novice-like mech that has no ASPD. It wasn't fun. I still have some sentimentality of having AGI but in the future, I might restore 50 agi back, if I have stat points left.

That video was sure motivating, I was impress that the NB was like the KE of the Priest class.

Also, after reset, I have re-structured my skills. The only thing that had change in it was that I had discarded, the useless (IMO), Upgrade Weapon Skill into Lv.10 HSCR, Lvl 5 Shattering strike, lvl 3 Max.Power Thrust and lvl 10 Mammonite. However with those, implemented skills, I had forgotten to take the Item Appraisal skill! :p_swt: :p_laugh: :wah: :pif:

I was not please about it, but whats done is done. Sigh..... XD

i dont understand the obsession with knuckle boost? its a terrible leveling skill (unless you wanna go agi build and have it maxed for some crazy reason) and shouldnt have more points then the prereq to get AC unless you plan on pvping with it later on (you shouldnt even be thinking about pvp at this point though). You should be more worried about leveling by mob training, and not picking off single targets, and the stats you already reset to are great for mob training leveling. Luk is useful for more dmg. theres no reason to raise your str past what it is when you can get more bang for your buck out of LUK

Ive seen madomechs SOLOING mid ti easily all week by mob training and AoEing. i dunno what this nonsense about parties not wanting mados and taking axe instead are. mado brings way more to the table then an axe mech. axe mechs dps is weak and has to keep all the mobs close to even dmg them. Neutral barrier mechs are in high demand with mvpers and contribute alot to a ti party as well. If AC3's short range is causing you problems, you need to learn to round your mobs up better (a skill all mob training tank should know how to do). you should be able to round mobs up and get off a cast before even taking a hit at all.

this thread is all over the map. we got 1 guy offering advice for WoE and pvp to a guy thats just trying to figure out how to level. another person offering axe mechanic advise. The op is trying to play mado build. he should be focusing on having fast cast timers, not fast HSCR spam. with holy cannon balls, you can do 20-40k dmg AC's right now (thus why all the mado mechs are soloing mid TI).

About the IC, I still need more experiment about it in a controlled environment, say a group of magmarings perhaps or stapos, etc....
I max out AC because I find that it has better damage but low AoE range. Not really fond of that, but the damage compensates. Another flaw or a nuisance thing about AC is I have to carry cannonballs in my cart in case of annoying monsters. My cart contains all kinds of cannonballs, and stack 100-200 of it. Other than that, I have heaps of fuel stored in my cart aswell.. I feel like I am a walking dispenser, and this is why I need 95 str, just for the sake of carrying items and of course, looting! XD

welcome to the world of geneticist. :heh:

i carry about 2000 of the proper element cannonball for whatever im fighting. this weeks mid TI requires holy cannonballs. and damn. the holy cannonballs do INSANE dmg against undead

Edited by killedbytofu, 29 April 2013 - 02:40 AM.

#66 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

Well, the thing for kunckle boost is that I can get rid of the single annoying monsters (just a thought) and players like GX, what stoenr said.
Im still on thinking stage about being agi build, but so far on how it is going for me - Agi build is not my priority. Im thinking of getting my other stats on where they should be.

Bang for your buck? I like that. So does that mean I should start pumping LUK instead of Str? I'm planning not to put anymore STR for now, as I just want my DEX to 120 or the other stats to be in the right place.

Holy Cannonballs.....is.....BLOODY AMAZING!!! :rice: TI this week...is just...wow! I can kill those damn mummies, but I still have to cast another cannon against the zombie slaughters.... :3 :pif: :p_sad: :pif:

Thats a lot of cannonballs.....So that means 2000 of each property of cannonball?

#67 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

Parties these days, are just really picky in my opinion. A week ago, I was in the mid-tier TI, I was around 102-104, been waiting for ages to get a party, 2-3 days me thinks because I havent got much time on waiting. SO there I was, waiting..and there was an axe mechanic beside me with the same level. There was a new party recruiting members and they took the axe mechanic rather than my madomech. I ask them if I can join, they said... "No, sorry, we got a mech in our party anyway" and I was disappointed about that. Later, I just tried and levelled in Ice caves and burnt Ice titans with anger.....it was fun!
Then after that, I went back and found a party that accepts mech! It was a happy ending!

Since I've seen what Neutral Barrier can do...I just cant wait to get it! I already got SD lvl 2!
I tried having fun with SD in PVP, and decide to explode on people...I tried it on Suras....Worst mistake ever..
I explode and my damage didnt even killed them :3 but they sure did killed me.
Im gonna practice exploding again when I have the time!

Might as well start soloing mid-ti then...since I got pumpkins to fuel my health!

#68 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Well, the thing for kunckle boost is that I can get rid of the single annoying monsters (just a thought) and players like GX, what stoenr said.
Im still on thinking stage about being agi build, but so far on how it is going for me - Agi build is not my priority. Im thinking of getting my other stats on where they should be.

Bang for your buck? I like that. So does that mean I should start pumping LUK instead of Str? I'm planning not to put anymore STR for now, as I just want my DEX to 120 or the other stats to be in the right place.

Holy Cannonballs.....is.....BLOODY AMAZING!!! :rice: TI this week...is just...wow! I can kill those damn mummies, but I still have to cast another cannon against the zombie slaughters.... :3 :pif: :p_sad: :pif:

Thats a lot of cannonballs.....So that means 2000 of each property of cannonball?

ignore the single targets. your hp should be so high that single targets are like fleas. if you must kill them, just use your arm cannon or w/e other attack you have. it seems like overkill but this is how its done.

like i said, welcome to the world of genetic. their only attack is cart cannon, so its best to always make use of its full potential by getting mobs (its not like you can melee down single targets lol). mechanics and gens are alot alike in terms of leveling. Mech gets more hp and defense whereas the gen relies on the homunculus's buffs to stay alive. you really SHOULD be focusing more on your other stats. AGI is completely unnecessary (at least for now). your cast time is really your number 1 priority right now, with survivability being next (vit). more STR is also unnecessary at this point. after DEX and VIT, you should be pumping LUK for extra damage.

at a certain point str becomes too costly for status points and its more effective just to put into LUK since 3 luk = 1 atk. you also get other benefits from LUK that help you overall.

Parties these days, are just really picky in my opinion. A week ago, I was in the mid-tier TI, I was around 102-104, been waiting for ages to get a party, 2-3 days me thinks because I havent got much time on waiting. SO there I was, waiting..and there was an axe mechanic beside me with the same level. There was a new party recruiting members and they took the axe mechanic rather than my madomech. I ask them if I can join, they said... "No, sorry, we got a mech in our party anyway" and I was disappointed about that. Later, I just tried and levelled in Ice caves and burnt Ice titans with anger.....it was fun!

some people like to only bring 1 of each class along. bard classes get the same treatment. you always have the option of starting your own party if you dont feel like soloing (thats what i always do). when you get to the High TI, people will be welcoming you and your Neutral Barrier, when monsters are 1 shotting people LOL

#69 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

str/vit/dex yea those are the main stats and by around 125 u can have 100/100/90 (idk didnt check but u should know what i mean). int and luk imho are more unnecessary than agi. if u go mado int isnt going to save ur sp usage and luk? cmon now. u cant rely on holy cannon balls forever.

#70 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

if u go mado int isnt going to save ur sp usage and luk? cmon now

#71 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

yawn. wait.... +10 yawwwwwn. plz make a video of your mech in action i really want to see this. really u should prob get int instead of luk lolfdsafsdfasdfs

ive never heard of this wannabegeneticfullsupportbustapureforger build before.

Edited by stoenr, 30 April 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#72 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

now youre just twisting words around for the sake of winning an argument. im done here

#73 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

lol ok. <3

Edited by stoenr, 30 April 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#74 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

So far....
That is true. Adding Luk does help!
I forgot that my AB also uses Luk and his attack increases as well. Out of topic but it certainly work.

Stoenr, kindly, please leave this thread if you have nothing helpful or just causing arguments in this thread.

#75 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

dude im not arguing anything. just trying to give info that will get u to 150/50.. are u sure its me who is really arguing? u can go mado with any build but don't limit yourself to an only mado build. the thing with luk.. it might look good right there on that list but think about it. lets say 30 luk, thats only +10 atk/matk. I think int would help more tbh.

the monsters in the mid-ti avg around 20k to 40k hp. remember the monsters in the high ti sometimes have 300k+. just something to think about.

Edited by stoenr, 01 May 2013 - 10:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users