[Ongoing] Seal Quest Rewards feedback station - Page 2 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Ongoing] Seal Quest Rewards feedback station

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

#26 maimion

maimion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

Just make the reward completely random for anyone (and perhaps swap the obviously useless crap to something of any value i.e. Book of the Apocalypse, Hardcover Book, Slash for priest?!)

This way noone is "forced" to create some lvl 70+ assassins (which is no hard thing to do). It works good enough for the 3rd quest (everyone want random cards!) and for your lucky boxes, where you have the chance to get a good item or a superior one (or a crapy one) or for upgrading. It puts out the pressure and inequality while the rush and need for the quest stays constantly high.

But please, just make your own mind. Very few player of the whole server population are really posting on this forum and I think most of them belong to a specific cathegory of players. This seems like you created the topic and some hours later: "Well we can't do the choose option so we just change nothing".

#27 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

Just make the reward completely random for anyone (and perhaps swap the obviously useless crap to something of any value i.e. Book of the Apocalypse, Hardcover Book, Slash for priest?!)

This way noone is "forced" to create some lvl 70+ assassins (which is no hard thing to do). It works good enough for the 3rd quest (everyone want random cards!) and for your lucky boxes, where you have the chance to get a good item or a superior one (or a crapy one) or for upgrading. It puts out the pressure and inequality while the rush and need for the quest stays constantly high.

But please, just make your own mind. Very few player of the whole server population are really posting on this forum and I think most of them belong to a specific cathegory of players. This seems like you created the topic and some hours later: "Well we can't do the choose option so we just change nothing".

I wish that we could still downvote ^^;...

There is no advantage for the player questing in setting the rewards to random. Random rewards force everyone to run the quest several times, gaining unwanted rewards until they catch the 1/12th~ of chance for the weapon they wish.

In the other hand, as you can say, making a level 70 chara is not hard, and so, anybody questing can choose their reward by leveling a certain class.

#28 ExValkyrie

ExValkyrie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidgard
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki (Classic)

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

I actually wouldn't mind the weapons being changed at all... o . x'
Oh well, I guess I need to make a sin just to not get a crappy reward. Since, you know, that's the only reason non-guild leaders should even care about the sign quest.
I can't say I'm surprised though, the trend for this server is anything people liked about the original server is changed, while any promises to improve the parts of it that were lacking are never more than empty promises.

(Of course, anyone with an assassin would'n't care about this, lol)

#29 ExValkyrie

ExValkyrie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidgard

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Nothing wrong with the quest. The reward sucks if you're not a Sin, but, whatever. The only thing that could make it more meanginful is to give each class an actual, good weapon.

But as far as the way it works, don't touchy touch.

This.

I'm not sure which weapons are on par with ice pick for each class, but I know for knights/LKs, that brocca and poll axe are decent weapons. :p_idea:

Edited by ExValkyrie, 08 March 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#30 Sithy

Sithy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

just put it in and dont change it every time you change something it gets messed up and then you try and "fix" it for like 6 months then you kinda get it working and ban everyone who finds a bug or gliched something that is YOR faault.

#31 ExValkyrie

ExValkyrie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidgard

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

You all just don't want them to try balancing the rewards because you're afraid they will break it somehow... :ani_shy:
Which, I can understand that given the track record... But, if they did do it right, it would be pretty neat for non-sin characters to get some use out of this quest finally.
I mean, how hard could it possibly be just to switch out item rewards? They can't even mess that up, right? ...Right? :wah:

In the end though, a vocal minority shouldn't dictate the course of the game no matter what direction it is.
I think before anything is done, management should make an effort in getting more opinions. Only a small percent even go on the forums.

#32 Sithy

Sithy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

You all just don't want them to try balancing the rewards because you're afraid they will break it somehow... :ani_shy:
Which, I can understand that given the track record... But, if they did do it right, it would be pretty neat for non-sin characters to get some use out of this quest finally.
I mean, how hard could it possibly be just to switch out item rewards? They can't even mess that up, right? ...Right? :wah:

In the end though, a vocal minority shouldn't dictate the course of the game no matter what direction it is.
I think before anything is done, management should make an effort in getting more opinions. Only a small percent even go on the forums.

Seems like the only people who really get a say are the biggest complainers OB's around and the masses get no say what so ever.

#33 maimion

maimion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

This is a serious issue for me: Now that the seal quest is online turn the random option on! You just killed the quest for everyone who doesnt want to make an assassin just for the purpose of this quest.
Probably not many ppl will complain for the simple reason 90% of the chars which completed quest are assassins anyway who have are fine with their reward.

#34 vetter

vetter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

90% vs 10%.. hmm

#35 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

Put in extra rewards for expanded classes, additionally to the "random reward"-option.
I.e.

Gunlinger - Powerful Galting Gun, as in, not as crappy as Butcher/Drifter/BG GG's
TK - Choice between a Dagger or Book type weapon
SL - Dagger weapon
TKM - Book type weapon
Ninja - Choice between Dagger/Huuma
Super Novice - All random/Rod/Dagger/whatever

Though those weapons should only be equipable be its respective expanded class chars.
And they should be stronger than the current crap they can equip. ("new seal quest exclusive weapons" just for expanded classes)

Otherwise, refer to Xellies post.

Edited by Morlord, 23 March 2013 - 01:57 AM.

#36 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:40 AM

I think guild leaders that try to make god items should be sent to jail.

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

dw, they're one step ahead of you.

#38 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

I think the first seal, should give better rewards

#39 KiloZulu

KiloZulu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMY
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hi, noob question, when the first seal quest says "Appeared" does it mean completed or in progress?

Coz Noyee in Juno doesnt give me any further option and Rabrarev doug doesnt allow me to start the second.

-----

EDIT: Oh, ok, you just need to talk to Noyee to activate it, was expecting some option or something.
:D

Edited by KiloZulu, 24 March 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#40 Magicpwrs

Magicpwrs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

make hunters get combat knife

#41 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

make hunters get combat knife

This!

#42 Sackof

Sackof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

can you make seal 4 have an option to choose a random wep? especially since you cannot choose the wep you want, i personally hate making sins just to get a ice pick....

Seal 1 does need a better list of eq i got crap the many times i did the quest....

#43 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

EXP scaled by level would be nice.

#44 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

...KVM badges so we have another way to compete with all the people botting Battlegrounds? ^___^

#45 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

... but then you'd have people botting battlegrounds and KVM at the same time? . __ .

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

... but then you'd have people botting battlegrounds and KVM at the same time? . __ .

you mean botting the seal quest?

#47 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

Change the number of people it take to roll the seals. 100 is way to much 50 would be better.

#48 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Seals have only closed 3 times so far in about as many months... considering the number of item sets available on the server right now, this is an extremely slow rate. I think it would be much more reasonable to change the seals to the 50 character requirement on the classic server given the current server activity and the number of items available. It might be reasonable to change them back to 100 once most of the current sets are made into items, but right now it is difficult at best to feel motivated to complete the quests when there are so many characters required, and there is going to be so much competition to make an item.

#49 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

Is it possible to reset your seal quest status on Classic? I imagine it isn't, but adding that might help to improve with seal rolls as well.

#50 TsubasaATS

TsubasaATS

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

Seals have only closed 3 times so far in about as many months... considering the number of item sets available on the server right now, this is an extremely slow rate. I think it would be much more reasonable to change the seals to the 50 character requirement on the classic server given the current server activity and the number of items available. It might be reasonable to change them back to 100 once most of the current sets are made into items, but right now it is difficult at best to feel motivated to complete the quests when there are so many characters required, and there is going to be so much competition to make an item.

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users