[Ongoing] Seal Quest Rewards feedback station - Page 3 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Ongoing] Seal Quest Rewards feedback station

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

#51 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

Give every class an option to receive a random weapon at the end of Seal 4.

Allow the r.elu and r.ori to be turned in and the weapon to be claimed even after Seal 4 has closed.

Reduce the total people required for each Seal to 50.

Edited by Nymmastal, 11 July 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#52 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

Yup, 50 makes sense when taking the population into consideration.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 11 July 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#53 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Do you know, a single guild rolled the seals this week almost entirely by themselves with the total being 100? What a disgusting slap in the face to their work it would be to reduce it to 50 now just because apparently, everyone else doesn't want to work for their god item. (and if nobody actually believes me, I can show all the names and numbers related to it)

It took three days, quitcha bitchin' (1 day for opening seal 2, one day to open seal 3, one day to open seal 4)

Oh, the same guild has actually done it twice, so please explain the reasoning for needing to reduce the numbers just now? I'm sure if one group of people can bring themselves to actually play the game.... Maybe, just maybe everyone else can.

I do however agree with the weapon random option being put back in. The lack of that option made the 4th seal rather hard to do (everyone lets make sins) and yes, the weapon should be collectable after the seal has closed, just as in the old days.

In the mean time, dear iRO classic, you are welcome for the icepicks and OCAs. Perhaps a thanks would be in order instead of insulting our work?

#54 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

I would stating my opinion, not sure why you're throwing a fit.

#55 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

The fact that you did it at 100 doesnt really make a difference. There have been plenty of posts dating back to the actual date of the thread saying lets do 50.

How many sets of things are sitting around right now because there's only one guild insane/motivated enough to do them at 100?

Edited by Themes, 11 July 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

Just stating my opinion, it's not actually aimed at you for once.

You see, Nym knows exactly how hard we worked and that was pretty hurtful to read.

We literally JUST did it... tell me how that wouldn't be insulting? And you know the fact the seals just rolled @ 100 within 3 days is related to the sudden bumping of this thread. Regardless of that, the fact it did just roll within 3 days kinda invalidates the argument that it needs to be reduced.

Cause we did it almost 100% ourselves! So there's plenty of characters left on the server =P

How many sets of things are sitting around right now because there's only one guild insane/motivated enough to do them at 100?

It's...a ....GOD.... ITEM.... you should want to work hard for it. They shouldn't be handed out like candy. The only real thing I took issue with is this:

There's been one guild that has never tried to roll the seals and always ninja.

There were two other guilds that tried to ninja this week. The first one didn't have access lawl.

The guild I was mostly worried about actually didn't have a set.

The unknowns (totaling 2) were asleep.

At most there are probably 5 sets. Assuming each guild can field 1 set of 100 seal quests, no problem.

(although, I admit, if I had a bris or a sleip to make, I wouldn't wanna do it either)

Edited by Xellie, 11 July 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#57 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

The guild I was mostly worried about actually didn't have a set. /but still helped you keep the other guilds at bay/

fxd

#58 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

Yes cybaby. We love you guys for it too.

(I was just running through the numbers to his claim of there being soooooooo many sets, we all know it isn't that high in truth, god item sets do not yet outnumber the number of available characters)

Edited by Xellie, 11 July 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#59 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

Won't be so lucky next time!

Unless we roll the seals ourselves.. :wave:

#60 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Next time, you guys should be ready long before we are, I think we will return the favour - assuming you don't wait another 3 months for our next set! <3

Edited by Xellie, 11 July 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#61 superlegit

superlegit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

you do realize you can't reset the quest status on your characters right?

if you don't reduce it to 50, make the rewards desirable so they roll themselves.

Edited by superlegit, 11 July 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#62 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Actually the problem is not the 100 required ppl.  50 ppl would just take less effort from the same people and it would not fix the problem

If the quests did have good rewards the seal would roll by itself

while I respect the work of the guild making god item. With this setting, no one will ever make sleiphnir.

Edited by HansLowell, 11 July 2013 - 08:10 PM.

#63 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

you do realize you can't reset the quest status on your characters right?

if you don't reduce it to 50, make the rewards desirable so they roll themselves.

Umm.... We've rolled the seals twice on this server, so I think I'm aware of that fact.

#64 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

You'd be pretty butthurt right now if I had a few more pieces.

#65 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

hence "/invite vry pwrful" before we did anything

(character is not online or does not exist)

You may not credit me with this Aaron, but I am far from stupid. Do you think we would have proceeded if whoever was playing Matildexer and BoOm- were actually acting like they knew how to steal a seal roll? They were inexperienced, I could see that.

I do however, agree there should be some kind of anti-ninja setting. That aside, the amount of work taken to do 100 seals seems about right for a meg, especially considering how fast the parts drop.

Also S> W. moustache give me a good price I might part with it for you.

Edited by Xellie, 11 July 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#66 superlegit

superlegit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

I do however, agree there should be some kind of anti-ninja setting.

nbahahahaha you gone full retard.

all that needs to be done is to disable res tokens in GD, problems solved- the better man wins.

#67 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

yup res tokens make it dumb

#68 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Dunno, the GD I was in was empty.

Even if they use the res tokens, they couldn't beat me, because of the timing advantage. You can't win if you're dead and the opponent is alive, tokens or no.  Dead people cannot talk to NPCs!

Edited by Xellie, 11 July 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#69 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

Despite the population on the server, each person probably has at least 5 or more characters that are 70+.

The problem right now is not the number being 100, it is the lack of willpower to make a God Item. Far easier to ninja another roll than do it yourself.

Once a few more sets have been made and guilds are running out of characters, then change it to 50.

If Valhalla can roll it twice with little outside help (we rolled ALL 100 of Seal 2), I don't see why other guilds can't.

#70 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

I think the issue is there's still sets from before the seals got put in. It's clear that the people with them have no real interest in actually doing the seals themselves. If there was some sort of protection more people would make their items. I still liked the idea of dropping it to 50 while we cleared out the sets that were available when they got introduced then setting it back to 100 to make it an actual thing.

I dont think it's that other guilds cant roll it, it's that the threat of spending the effort and losing is too high. Not everyone can be available at the random times you need to try sneak one past everyone else.

Edited by Themes, 11 July 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#71 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

Oh, so like.... it goes back to 100 before we have another set to make, and everyone else gets their stuff for less work / less comp?

That sounds totally fair.

I dunno why you're advocating flooding the server with god items tho, what is this, Ymir 2.0?

#72 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Jesus calm down. I said liked, as in, in the past when this thread was originally made. It wouldnt have any place being implemented now obviously.

#73 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

Even though valhalla did a lot of work to get their god item, what would have you done if you got your work stolen? You would have make 100 more chars again?

There is something that doesn't work with that seal quest roll. Im happy that you got rewarded for your hard work but I guess its just a matter of luck. 

I can't agree with people stealing the work. And thats why there should be a change in the seal quests. 

Im sure that if a guild lose they wont try again, but if you can prove im wrong then I'll change my mind.

#74 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

There's nothing luck involved. If you are the only guild to have done the quests, you decide when it opens.

It's all the case of not being stupid and blindly opening it. I mean I don't want to sit here and tell people how to play or sound egotistical, but if your plan is simply "DO ALL THE QUESTS ASAP AND RUN FOR IT" you are more likely to lose than someone who puts 100 chars at the final NPC (well actually 50) and waits for the correct time.

That aside. There should be some kind of home advantage to the guild that does the work. I dislike the idea that latency plays a huge part in it (load time for me is pretty long), I do like the GD war aspect, I do despise people who don't even try but rely on ninja.

#75 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

Everything's about incentives!

1. No incentive for GD war when you can stay dead with a deadly and res token when you need to.

2. The seals should naturally roll, it shouldn't be one guild doing 300~ quests to make a god item. If the seals had worthwhile rewards then they would roll by themselves.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 11 July 2013 - 09:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users