Mage's Debuff Cooldown - Page 3 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Mage's Debuff Cooldown

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#51 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

well, that escalated quickly.

#52 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Lol I'm sorry. But its not my fault you are complaining about a mechanic (debuff) that was intended to be in the game affecting a bug (buffsets) that was not intended to be in the game. Or that you cant self buff yourself inbetween enemies or in a fight because you have to awitch gears. So calling me an idiot because your buggy buffs get removed by a mage with a skill its supposed to have really gets you nowhere.

#53 TrySufferin

TrySufferin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AUS
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

This has nothing to do with GA why u keep talking about it.... this post is meant at the ppl who afk there mages and do a quick debuff to get the upper hand on there enemy during a war or raid.. the way i see it raider vs raider one has been debuffed the other hasnt who do u think has the advantage regardless of who is the better player or who has better gears it just a DOG act!

#54 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

I guess they should ban mages from tg then. Or turn off multiclienting. I mean its such a big deal losing your perfect buffset they should break mages or just remove them from tg all together right?

#55 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

ya that's pretty dog. (aussies ftw!)

wow..my internet totally spazzed just now n posted that 927349823 times

Edited by Squipy, 21 March 2013 - 12:08 AM.

#56 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts
  • LocationDepends on the day
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

This has to do with mages' ability to debuff boosters, arua's, and sigils.

Alternative for debuff, give mages acc and defense passives, inherent aspd as well.

Keeping debuff make its cd twice as long, or its success rate lower (like 50% success). Or make people happy and make boosters undebuffable.

That's basically what hes going for.

#57 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Oh, so it's about mages removing buffs that cost money, now that makes more sense. I mean buffs + buffsets aren't strong enough, only way to really be superior is boosters/sigils over buffsets. I wasn't aware boosters+sigils are allowed in GA? If so that makes sense to nerf the mages ability to debuff boosters in GA.

#58 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

The point of the original post was about the mages that are debuffing his boosters. Buff sets don't matter in this case, dont get hung up on buff sets. The fact the mage takes your buffs away means you're screwed either way. I play a class with one buff. If a mage knocks off any buffs while I'm in a war I'm being rendered useless. That doesn't mean i leave the fight it means I throw some buff pots down and get back into the fight. In GA you can't do that, the cleric is the buffer. Period, that's just the facts.. Just cause you don't see the advantage in doing buff sets doesn't mean you can't understand the concept of whats being discussed. Lets keep the suggestions towards Mage class in general, not your opposition to buff sets.

#59 TrySufferin

TrySufferin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AUS

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

The point of the original post was about the mages that are debuffing his boosters. Buff sets don't matter in this case, dont get hung up on buff sets. The fact the mage takes your buffs away means you're screwed either way. I play a class with one buff. If a mage knocks off any buffs while I'm in a war I'm being rendered useless. That doesn't mean i leave the fight it means I throw some buff pots down and get back into the fight. In GA you can't do that, the cleric is the buffer. Period, that's just the facts.. Just cause you don't see the advantage in doing buff sets doesn't mean you can't understand the concept of whats being discussed. Lets keep the suggestions towards Mage class in general, not your opposition to buff sets.

thank you well said

#60 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

So you can use boosters in GA?
And winning TG Wars provides what bonus? And how does mage's debuff affect that bonus/reward?

#61 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

That doesn't mean i leave the fight it means I throw some buff pots down and get back into the fight. In GA you can't do that, the cleric is the buffer.

So you can use boosters in GA?
And winning TG Wars provides what bonus? And how does mage's debuff affect that bonus/reward?

do you even read? he says buff pots as well as brought up how in GA u can't use buffpots(old uw u can) and you bring up boosters. quit reading things half-assed when you're trying to insult others, makes you look more stupid.

#62 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

Feuer you should learn sometimes you should just stop...

#63 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

I'm only proding the issue to get results. So far the only two things that I have found are
1. Mages debuffing buffpots/booster/sigils is impossible in GA and therefore isn't a problem.
2. When the people who complain about it get frustrated because they can't present a strong enough reason without it coming out they're just annoyed that they have to RB, they resort to calling the opposition "stupid".

Sorry, but the only way to find a compromise is to first identify the problem.

Problem: Debuffing is annoying
Cause: Mages
Compromise: xxxxxxx
Result: xxxxxx

That's where we are at in this topic.

My suggestion, learn to self buff yourselves. Stop relying on your damn buffsets so much, and if you're one of the 2 classes that only has 1 class buff, well that sucks. Maybe THAT should be fixed, and not the debuffing?

Just my side, but i'll continue to read and see if there's any un-biased fact that would give reason enough to change debuffs.

#64 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Your totally missing all concepts here. You don't participate in TG wars. Therefore you have no position to respond to anything pertaining to PVP area wars. You may play GA which is fine. The issue is in tg/pvp wars outside of GA. The mage is being used only to debuff other players because someone doesn't want to lose. Its not being used in a way that is making the class a viable warring class. The mage(in this case) is only being used to remove boosters from players in TG. Its not about buff sets, which you seem to hate so much. Its about the way its being utilized and the way the classes debuff ability is being abused.

#65 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

no point in discussing with feuer - when will you guys get that

#66 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

I'm only proding the issue to get results. So far the only two things that I have found are
1. Mages debuffing buffpots/booster/sigils is impossible in GA and therefore isn't a problem.
2. When the people who complain about it get frustrated because they can't present a strong enough reason without it coming out they're just annoyed that they have to RB, they resort to calling the opposition "stupid".

My suggestion, learn to self buff yourselves. Stop relying on your damn buffsets so much, and if you're one of the 2 classes that only has 1 class buff, well that sucks. Maybe THAT should be fixed, and not the debuffing?

Just my side, but i'll continue to read and see if there's any un-biased fact that would give reason enough to change debuffs.

Like Justin said...you're basing your argument on buffsets, which is not what is being discussed here.

Now, if you really had some knowledge of the PvP aspect of this game and actually entered TG a little more often to watch some wars you'd know what we're talking about...

Edited by Gojio, 22 March 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#67 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

I spy on your guys's wars a hell of a lot more then you think i do lol.

Also, I completely left out buffsets in my prior post. So explain how my last post is based on buffsets?

#68 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

Uhm no you didn't, you stated how you think we should leave buff sets all together... Then pointed out how mages debuff buff sets....

Watching a war is totally different than participating.

#69 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

Aside from my stating you all relying on buffsets is a bad idea, the flow of the topic doesn't concern it as i pointed out in the post above BEFORE making the suggestion you should learn to fight without them.

Also Gojio just told me I didn't observe enough to have a say Justin! LOL Make up your minds already, lmao. Watch Wars, or Participate in Wars, or do GA-CD's, or 1v1's. You all flop so much on what constitutes as an experienced players that there's never going to be flat ground to stand on.

#70 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Experience is doing. You only do one of the things mentioned, and probably with some awful build off how you believe the game should work. I do 1v1's, wars, cd, and play every class. I'm not limited to how I believe something works because I have experienced it on other classes, and seeing how each one works. The experience I've gained warring against other classes, and the experience I've gained playing them lets me understand the importance of using the sets to counter each class in a situation.

CD - Teaches you how to work with a team and look out for each other, leading towards the goal of winning and getting points for completing the objective.
War - Utilizes the team work you learned in CD, and allows you to work towards a goal other than points. That's how get to see how experienced a player is in these situations. Realization that you can't win alone brings them closer together and concreting the team work that is required in the game to accomplish goals, and building trust for another player to have your back.
1v1 - Mostly used (by me and most of my clan members) to test build strengths and weakness so you can edit your build to compliment your abilities as a player. Its also used to provide bragging rights for other players that's only goal is to be better.
Buffsets - Used by nearly every pvp player to gain a certain advantage over other players (classes) utilizing them as well.

Experience combines all of these aspects to create a better player. Taking the time to participate in these area's you can make a better build, learning what are the important targets in wars/CD, and uniting a group of people with one goal.

Seeing as you've derailed this topic with your nonsense and constant feuer shenanigans. I'm done trying to explain this and help suggesting. You go back to the idea buffsets are what we're looking to protect, when in reality we're tying to make the mage a better class than what its currently being used for. I'm sorry you can't comprehend that. Take your time constructing a good rebuttal post, cause looks like the audience is done listening.

#71 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

I have a good rebuttal post that doesn't require a bunch of time to post Justin. No matter what much sense, logic, experience or proof I post. You will never agree with it, because of your brains chemical reaction to defend yourself due to the fact that you find my opposition a conflict. I'm glad you have finally constructed a summary of all the "required" features a user has to play to be considered "allowed" to talk.

But a few last questions, and you don't have to answer because I will most likely not read it.
What makes you the judge and jury, to say who can and cannot post on the forums? Weather or not you think I am "qaulified" to post, I will post because I [regardless of what you think] do play ROSE.
Also, how do you really know I don't regularly pvp / war / tg? Each time I expose any of my characters, 100% of them so far have been my farmers, everyone like you thinks they have to rub their ego in my face and kill [a very un-geared / non-pvp] farming character. You think I'll expose my pvp characters? You think I'm REALLY that dumb? I'll drag my pvp characters to my grave lol especially before I tell you or anyone like you their SN's.

#72 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

I think people doubt you pvp is because like you said, you don't want to reveal the characters which you pvp with. Ask pretty much anyone else who pvp's and they'll openly reveal their characters because there really is no reason to hide them.

Edited by Phish, 22 March 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#73 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

Feuer you don't get it.

I (personally) do not hold any kind of grudge towards you or anyone, and I doubt anyone really does. We don't contradict you just because it's you.

In all honesty and humility, I think Justin, Vu, Matt, Phish, I and many more know more about PvP than you do. And I'm not saying you don't know anything, you sure have your knowledge, but it is pretty clear to everyone that that knowledge is quite limited when it comes to PvP. Let's face it, you don't have 99% of the PvP players contradicting you because they hate you, no. They do because they do not agree, based on their experience, with your ideas and concepts.

I have a Mage I am currently playing actively, and yes, I do debuff people while fighting them, why wouldn't I? Everyone does. But there's a difference. My mage is geared, I spent billions to get Honor Sets, Epic Staff and all the buffsets I wanted. I'm capable of facing another PvP player and actually stand a chance, both being fully buffed. (Now let's leave the buffsets part out, they have nothing to do with this)

Now, unlike me, some people who "play" mages do it just to debuff. Meaning they run around using a precious, or yellow, or a low lvl staff, unrefined gear with some movement speed stats on it, and their only purpose is to run as fast as they can, to debuff their targets before dying. Then respawn, go and debuff again, die again, respawn, debuff, die, respawn, and so on, over and over again.

Now, how can you really think this is good, or fair? First of all, a lot of wars would be way funnier without these individuals. Secondly, these people's intentions are not to merely debuff you, they just want to piss you off. If they played their mage "fully" and actually tried to kill their enemies with the help of debuff, then fine, but people who just run and debuff for the heck of annoying people...

Now just a short comment about buffsets: just get over it...buffsets are going to stay, move on with your life lol...everyone uses them except you...

And finally, after reading the last part of your last post...I sense a feeling of shame in not wanting to reveal your PvP characters' names. Why? Because people would kill you? Because they would see with their own eyes how bad they are? I don't get it...

#74 TrySufferin

TrySufferin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AUS

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

the kyoudai players get what im saying feur this has nothing to do with ga or buff sets i support buff sets 100% otherwise i would have just wasted zulie on buying gears having no buffsets equal less goals in the game and just eaiser to get bored of it. as i said previously its only about the mages that do exactly what gojio said..

i can't believe im saying this but gg kyoudai u really know what ur talking about..

Edited by TrySufferin, 22 March 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#75 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

OK, I know I am going to get slammed for this, but... isn't the whole point of a war in tg: to win no matter how you do it? When Nia had the king of tg contest, you were allowed to use anything to win. I don't see what the problem is with using a mages debuff skill to give your side the advantage. It is a tool, if you have it, use it. If you don't, get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users