Mage's Debuff Cooldown - Page 4 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Mage's Debuff Cooldown

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#76 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

OK, I know I am going to get slammed for this, but... isn't the whole point of a war in tg: to win no matter how you do it? When Nia had the king of tg contest, you were allowed to use anything to win. I don't see what the problem is with using a mages debuff skill to give your side the advantage. It is a tool, if you have it, use it. If you don't, get it.

with that mindset, there would be no reason to ever discuss any balancing ingame.

#77 teddy77

teddy77

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationBali, Indonesia
  • Server:EARTH

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

why so serious?

#78 SpawN9999

SpawN9999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Fact of the matter is PvP/War in rose online is so centered around buffs, for a class to have the ability to take them away permanently (keyword) is unbalanced.

#79 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

here also for you Pam to show you the pathetic debuffer abuse...die respawn debuff die...is that your opinion of a fair fight? in my opinion you should be more skilled to be able2debuff like making a requirement of 2 EXISTING debuffs on the target (burn+mspeed down) FROM the mage to make debuff work.

#80 TrySufferin

TrySufferin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AUS

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

OK, I know I am going to get slammed for this, but... isn't the whole point of a war in tg: to win no matter how you do it? When Nia had the king of tg contest, you were allowed to use anything to win. I don't see what the problem is with using a mages debuff skill to give your side the advantage. It is a tool, if you have it, use it. If you don't, get it.

ur missing the point...

its people who dual client, afk there mage in tg and get some quick debuffs in before he/she brings there main fighter in.

#81 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

Ok, I see what a lot of you are saying. But, as the saying goes... All's fair in love and war. :P

#82 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

The concept of "fair" in rose is debateable. Anyway, point is ego kids need their debuffers around to actually win a war and pretend their life is better after that.

Let them enjoy it until they can.

#83 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

I could say the same about buffsetters and class passive mixers but I dont anymore, because it became a part of gameplay, I believe the saying is "deal with it".

#84 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

I could say the same about buffsetters and class passive mixers but I dont anymore, because it became a part of gameplay, I believe the saying is "deal with it".

Buffsets are not a bug. If it was bug they would have just fixed it. Just because a GM\DEV woke up after 5 years and decided he didnt like buffsets anymore, that doesn't make them a bug. You don't "notice" there's a big bug like that after years.

Like I said, move on with your life. Having buffsets does not make the gameplay boring or bad or unfair, because everyone can use them.

#85 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Ive learned to deal with buffsets staying. what I'm telling you is to learn how to handle people with debuff with mages.

#86 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

I've learned to deal with buffsets staying. What I'm telling you is to learn how to handle people who debuff with mages.

You're grammar is terrible.

That and far as i see you, you're a person who disagree with anything what bothers other people(specialy certain people), it makes you feel better for some reason i gues. You're comments are invalid and totaly not outthought since you, in every discussion, manage to eventualy disagree with yourself. So please stop commenting.

#87 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

ur missing the point...

its people who dual client, afk there mage in tg and get some quick debuffs in before he/she brings there main fighter in.

yah in general debuff SLAVES are poor - its one thing to PLAY the mage active and the OTHER thing to just keep respawning debuffing dieing respawning. that s why i would say debuff is ok if the mage has at least 2 other "debuffs" like dodge down/mspeed down/burn on the target.

so even the debuff"slaves" would have to FIGHT before they can do anything - its ok to debuff for me if you also FIGHT on the mage but those debuff spammers are dumb.

it would mean that a mage has to have a "strategy" to debuff a target like "stun mute stun hellfire/mspeed down stun debuff"

Edited by matthiashornauer, 26 March 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#88 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

So using a second character (alt) to gain an advantage is unfair. Alt clerics? Or does it only pertain to using a mage.

If the debuff requires negative buffs, then it should have an added effect. Like mdef down 30%. Skills that are pocketed/saved for use in a pinch, should provide a high chance turn around. Like dual raiders with their def/dodge. Or artisans sleep shot.

#89 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Lol who's talking about how using alts is unfair? I've seen people playing 2 champs at once in tg.

There is nothing unfair in a game when everything is allowed. Some things however are plain dumb and reduce the potential amount of fun you could have. Which is why we're here complaining about the mage's debuff.

#90 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

ur missing the point...

That person said the problem is alt chars afk'd. Did you bother to read the thread, or just my posts?

Lol who's talking about how using alts is unfair? I've seen people playing 2 champs at once in tg.

There is nothing unfair in a game when everything is allowed. Some things however are plain dumb and reduce the potential amount of fun you could have. Which is why we're here complaining about the mage's debuff.

But on your point, who dictates what's fun? Some people find hacking fun. Some people find questing fun. Some people find PvP fun. Some people find buffsets fun. Some people find refining and perfecting a build fun.

Who are you to say that someone who enjoys using a mage debuff as a utility is not fun? What makes you the authority on who is qualified to state their opinion?

I've never once said "My opinion over-rules yours" to anyone, online or in real life, because one of my morals is that everyone is entitled to their opinion. And no one persons opinion can be wrong, because an opinion is a PERSONAL stance on a matter, based on their emotions. So telling someone the way they feel is incorrect, or that they're not qualified to voice their feelings is just rude.

Edited by Feuer, 27 March 2013 - 02:03 PM.

#91 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

That person said the problem is alt chars afk'd. Did you bother to read the thread, or just my posts?

But on your point, who dictates what's fun? Some people find hacking fun. Some people find questing fun. Some people find PvP fun. Some people find buffsets fun. Some people find refining and perfecting a build fun.

Who are you to say that someone who enjoys using a mage debuff as a utility is not fun? What makes you the authority on who is qualified to state their opinion?

I've never once said "My opinion over-rules yours" to anyone, online or in real life, because one of my morals is that everyone is entitled to their opinion. And no one persons opinion can be wrong, because an opinion is a PERSONAL stance on a matter, based on their emotions. So telling someone the way they feel is incorrect, or that they're not qualified to voice their feelings is just rude.

And yet you'll disagree with others people opinion, telling them to get over it, etc etc.

#92 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

That would be me stating my opinion. Just because it differs from their does not mean i'm telling them they're wrong.

The statement I made earlier was sarcastic, due to people over the years telling me to "deal with it".

#93 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

Some concepts like fun, can be dictated by common sense.

Murderers find killing people fun, does that make it right?

#94 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

Thank you all, for your patience, and willingness to attempt to explain to me, why you don't like the mage debuff. I can certainly see your point.

#95 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

No one likes anything that weakens / mitigates / kill their character.

The fact remains you do not have any authority to tell anyone what they're allowed to post in due to "qualifications".

#96 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

feur, you are one of the most vocal persons on the forums voicing your many opinions on PVP while having the least overall knowledge in anything PVP related. When asked about your characters, you state how they are "secret pvp" characters. Then you listed somewhere your character's class/level and barely any of them are 230. I've played every single class in rose at maxed level pretty thoroughly before making any comments about them. Check any of my past post history and I can guarantee you there has not been one biased comment towards any class. I've even commented against the OP'ness of raider's burn in past and suggested that it should be changed. So don't state that no one likes "weakening" their chars. Until you thoroughly play every class at the highest level and perform well, your opinions will always be taken with a grain of salt (and I'm pretty sure that's speaking on the behalf of many people here). I would do things like pvp over and over with people and win or lose, I'd still keep pvping. And people would ask things like oh don't you get bored etc, and it's like ya some people just care about the win/lose but don't actually take the time to try and understand what's really making them win, what's making them lose, why something works so on and so forth.

Edited by tENLAVUU, 29 March 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#97 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Vuu, People have been stating I know nothing of PvP for years. You really think over those last 2 years I don't have several maxed characters that I play? And after all that time, of people trying to call me out and expose myself so they can target me in-game as much as they do on here, you think I'd be idiotic enough to go through with it? That's really insulting. Also, the character list I published was a list of characters, that I had already exposed in-game. that I also gave up playing on a competitive level. +1 though for trying to incite me to a point of being irrational, but it still won't work.

I have nothing to prove to any of you, and I don't need to prove any of it to voice my opinion, weather you value it or not, here about this topic. So, stop targeting me for your illegitimate knowledge of my accounts and characters, and try fighting back with fact, numbers and evidence that support why your claim is more substantial then mine.

#98 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

What do you do on those maxed chars, hit choropies all day to make your claims? There should be no reason to hide your "pvp" characters. I'm pretty sure i can back up any claim I've made towards any class as well as disprove any of your outrages ideas ingame. I guarantee you wouldn't be able to do the same. Oh wait your many secret chars I forgot. I've seen your raider, and I don't think anyone was at the least bit impressed :P Anyways , you're still an idiot and this my last reply towards Feur Online Game. I can't take this stupidity any longer D:

Edited by tENLAVUU, 29 March 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#99 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Still talk. Still basing your argument off nothing more then your lack of knowledge about my accounts and characters. No fact, No evidence, nothing. Just name calling and illegitimate claims. Please do not reply in regards to me anymore, I would actually appreciate it very much. I used to have respect for you, matter of fact I used to hold you in high regards as Genesis Sparx and Phish. I've lost that respect for you over the last year.

#100 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:41 AM

Vuu, let him keep his characters a secret. I have chars that absolutely no one knows about, as do many others. It is not like he is the only one. Most people, wouldn't like anything done to weaken their characters, you are just one of those rare people, who can see that something may be OP in your class, and are willing to have it nerfed, in an attempt to balance the classes. I admire that in you. I admire both of you, for speaking for your minds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users