Patch - v461(462) March 14 @ 1:00PM (-8:00 UTC) - Page 3 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch - v461(462) March 14 @ 1:00PM (-8:00 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#51 breakingbad

breakingbad

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Feedback like this is good for us to hear. Being aware that the rewards aren't quite that rewarding certainly gives us a reason to want to take a look and see what could be done to make it more enjoyable, but still try to keep things fair for the effort spent. We don't want to make dungeon diving the only thing people do, but we certainly want to keep it unique and fun.

As for me, I'll wait because often there are not enough premium player, it would be possible if there could be other, better drops for premium players

thus one might entice new players...just a suggestion :)

#52 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

any update on the server coming up? :)

Currently checking servers. Should be soon, if all checks out. ;)

#53 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Servers are up and open!

#54 Azileign

Azileign

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

we always do our cave of ulverick for 15mins or less when we used that 3 days premium
i hope we use less points for every dungeons..

but thank you, at least it's not 1x per day now :p_smile:

#55 Plantenbak

Plantenbak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Love the update!

why dont you give double points on pvp side? honor gears are 4b each set.... new people will never get to buy honor with those prices ._.

Just buy clean set and refine it yourself? I bought a clean honor set for 550m after the last update (with high honor prices).

#56 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

OR hey.. even farm the pts yourself lol.
oh wait..

Edited by EmoCutt, 14 March 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#57 Neotona

Neotona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Energy bar? Same as the Tetris Battle system of Facebook. lol Can I ask something about the daily honor quests.. can we choose our own daily quest? 1. DP Quests
2. CD Quests something like that? We can only choose 1 set of quest per day. I cant do DP quest because Im not a premium. its annoying i cant do DP quests, thats not daily anymore

#58 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

we always do our cave of ulverick for 15mins or less when we used that 3 days premium
i hope we use less points for every dungeons..

but thank you, at least it's not 1x per day now :p_smile:

Well, as a premium user, the dungeons would not cost energy to do them. ;) Something to think about!

Energy bar? Same as the Tetris Battle system of Facebook. lol Can I ask something about the daily honor quests.. can we choose our own daily quest? 1. DP Quests
2. CD Quests something like that? We can only choose 1 set of quest per day. I cant do DP quest because Im not a premium. its annoying i cant do DP quests, thats not daily anymore

The daily quests are randomly chosen each day at midnight, between Crystal Defenders and Draconis Peaks. The reason is to persuade accessing one over another from time to time, so one doesn't become a 'trump' in obtaining points from, day to day.

#59 Neotona

Neotona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

you wont be able to persuade me to access the other because, like i said, im not a premium.

#60 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

thank you for making the ga energy ba on the Game Arena window and not anywhere else. ^^

#61 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

@Leonis

Do you remember the good old Valor Quest Tickets? How about you convert them into Honor Quest Tickets? I'm pretty sure nobody buys\uses them as of now...

#62 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

@ Katbuffs

The pvp timer was detrimental because you needed 16-20 players to sign up at the same time including 2 clerics. For dungeons you only needed 3-5 people to sign up which allowed dungeons to be more possible to start despite the timer.

7000 points is kind of high for the dungeons though especially ones like the Cave of Ulverick which can be done quickly. The dungeon rewards are lackluster partially because the market is flooded, and partially because some of them are just plain bad (exalted items). The main reason people get mad is when they are given something and it is taken away. Originally we had a one time per day for each dungeon (which I thought was fine but some people obviously like them more than I do), and 2 weeks ago it was brought down to a 1 hour time limit and people were satisfied with it. But now that it got raised up to a 1 hour 40 minute time limit people are unhappy.

It's kind of ironic because if we skipped the update 2 weeks ago and went straight to this, people would be fine.

Personally though, I think the biggest problem with the original Oblivion Temple raids was the fact that you could speed run through them and amass rewards in a short time. This caused the market to become flooded and the value of the items to drop, shortening their lifespan in the long run. At this point, as I stated before, the market is already flooded with dungeon items and alot of them aren't even useful so there isn't much value to them anymore. It's kind of too late to restrict access to curb it at this point.

Once a new dungeon is released however there should be limited access with actual good rewards, so that there is a high demand for them but not a high supply. It adds more depth to the end game when everything isn't so easily achievable, and making it harder to get things the market is already long flooded with doesn't really answer it either.

#63 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

so i played one cd and dced, wasnt gonna enter again to waste another 4k energie for the small time the cd had left but when i opened the que system i saw i had only 2.5k left which should be 6k+

I did wanted to que up but denied the quest cause it immidiatly accepted me and didnt want to end up in middle of battle so it might took away 4k energy there while i declined the request to enter the game?

Is this the way it should intend to or is this an error.

Edit: its the entering itself which took 8k points instead of the 4k, more ppl got this problem.

Edited by Graziano, 14 March 2013 - 03:12 PM.

#64 KatBuffs

KatBuffs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

@ Katbuffs

The pvp timer was detrimental because you needed 16-20 players to sign up at the same time including 2 clerics. For dungeons you only needed 3-5 people to sign up which allowed dungeons to be more possible to start despite the timer.

7000 points is kind of high for the dungeons though especially ones like the Cave of Ulverick which can be done quickly. The dungeon rewards are lackluster partially because the market is flooded, and partially because some of them are just plain bad (exalted items). The main reason people get mad is when they are given something and it is taken away. Originally we had a one time per day for each dungeon (which I thought was fine but some people obviously like them more than I do), and 2 weeks ago it was brought down to a 1 hour time limit and people were satisfied with it. But now that it got raised up to a 1 hour 40 minute time limit people are unhappy.

It's kind of ironic because if we skipped the update 2 weeks ago and went straight to this, people would be fine.

Personally though, I think the biggest problem with the original Oblivion Temple raids was the fact that you could speed run through them and amass rewards in a short time. This caused the market to become flooded and the value of the items to drop, shortening their lifespan in the long run. At this point, as I stated before, the market is already flooded with dungeon items and alot of them aren't even useful so there isn't much value to them anymore. It's kind of too late to restrict access to curb it at this point.

Once a new dungeon is released however there should be limited access with actual good rewards, so that there is a high demand for them but not a high supply. It adds more depth to the end game when everything isn't so easily achievable, and making it harder to get things the market is already long flooded with doesn't really answer it either.

first, thanks for providing your opinion intelligently, without trying to insult me or belittle my opinion.

your point about the cost of the dungeons and its rewards is what my complaint is all about. i believe the cost is entirely too high for the rewards you are given, especially on COU. as you stated, most of the items received are useless, too many in the market, etc, etc. if the rewards were a little greater i would have no complaint against the longer wait time.

your point about "if we had skipped the update 2 weeks ago and went straight to this, people would be fine" i believe is true for everyone. just as pvpers didnt like the timer being implemented on cd at that time, pvm players dont like the longer timer on dungeons now (as compared to the 1 hour wait we recently had).

i also agree that IF a new dungeon is implemented with much greater rewards, it should have more restrictions, maybe only once or twice per day or even premium only if the payout is great enough.

Edited by KatBuffs, 14 March 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#65 siryu

siryu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Been in Crystal Defender queue for almost an hour, then finally my rose screen loading into CD.
But, boom... my Char back to where it was and lose 4k energy bar. :o

#66 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

so i played one cd and dced, wasnt gonna enter again to waste another 4k energie for the small time the cd had left but when i opened the que system i saw i had only 2.5k left which should be 6k+

I did wanted to que up but denied the quest cause it immidiatly accepted me and didnt want to end up in middle of battle so it might took away 4k energy there while i declined the request to enter the game?

Is this the way it should intend to or is this an error.

Edit: its the entering itself which took 8k points instead of the 4k, more ppl got this problem.

It should not be working like this, but I haven't heard of this issue from anyone else yet.

What character/class were you and what other details can you share with us regarding what happened? I want to be sure to look in to it and see if something happened that shouldn't have or we might need to fix.

Leonis

#67 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Been in Crystal Defender queue for almost an hour, then finally my rose screen loading into CD.
But, boom... my Char back to where it was and lose 4k energy bar. :o

Events like this will require additional work to track and deal with. I'm sorry it happened to you, but it seems you did enter so the energy was consumed.

#68 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Leo it does take 8k points upon entrance, instead of 4k.

#69 siryu

siryu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

I did not enter crystal defender... It was loading to it, but i did not have a chance to play at all,
because I went back to xita right away :( and took my energy bar

#70 Unacquainted

Unacquainted

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

ty, this is sum nais progress =3!

#71 Abnoy

Abnoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Server:Draconis/Leonis

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

thank you Leonis, we can now play GA without prob :p_laugh: .

i lost 6k energy on entering GA on my other charac, bugged?

#72 lisent

lisent

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Quest for crystal defenders is bug?my daily quest 0/5 n i cant take it again.i just ca take 3 new q uest for draagon.

#73 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

Just a question, why "Game Arena Energy Reset" instead of refill? Sounds like will turn your energy to "0" because that is "reset". Why not make an "Energy Drink" instead because energy will always refer to Game Arena anyway. Sounds redundant if you ask me, Game Arena Energy :S then Reset? lol

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 14 March 2013 - 05:24 PM.

#74 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Just a question, why "Game Arena Energy Reset" instead of refill? Sounds like will turn your energy to "0" because that is "reset". Why not make an "Energy Drink" instead because energy will always refer to Game Arena anyway. Sounds redundant if you ask me, Game Arena Energy :S then Reset? lol

this guy ^ lol

#75 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

I went from 10k down to 2.k energy in one go of cd :{

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users