Do cannonballs NEED to be so expensive? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Do cannonballs NEED to be so expensive?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

They do less damage and have less range than arrows. Do they really NEED to be so expensive?

Edit- Damage wise, a cannonball should win over an arrow every time :p_err:

I vote someone rewrites the formula to make it a more appropriate representation of "cannon" damage. Doesn't need to be crazy like arrow storm, but for that price, it definitely should either do more, or the price should be severely lowered.

Edited by Tkwan, 16 March 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#2 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

They do less damage and have less range than arrows. Do they really NEED to be so expensive?

i was poor and i still nvr had zeny issues with buy cannon balls, i dont see your point here.

#3 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

I don't see the issue with cannonball prices...

Just vend/sell items as you see em and you'll have cash for cannonballs. If you're a frequent KP Shop user this should be cake. If not well... then I can see your point there. You could always roam TI maps and greed the loot no one wants. (I See this all the time)

#4 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

I don't have issues affording them. It was just a shock seeing the super high price on them after just coming off my ranger. The ranger does SO much more damage for literally 100 times (or 10x if using arrow storm) less of the cost.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Arrow pricing was set with new players in mind since you can use arrows as a lvl 10 archer, and the higher end arrows just got prices added that were in line with the other arrows.

Cannonballs are priced appropriately for a third job consumable - they have an impact on the finances of a typical third job char that is comparable to that for arrows on a non-third-job char (assuming they had no alts to supply them)

#6 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Arrow pricing was set with new players in mind since you can use arrows as a lvl 10 archer, and the higher end arrows just got prices added that were in line with the other arrows.

Cannonballs are priced appropriately for a third job consumable - they have an impact on the finances of a typical third job char that is comparable to that for arrows on a non-third-job char (assuming they had no alts to supply them)

Ok, I'll agree with that. But still, it's a cannon ball lol. It should do quite a bit more damage at least.

It should be:
Cannon Ball > Arrow
Not
Arrow > Cannon Ball

They've tried to apply logic to so many things in the development of this game, yet logistics has somehow escaped them here.

#7 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

IMHO There the problem with Arm Cannon, not with Cannonballs itself. Arm Cannon completely suck compared with l33t Arrow Storm.

#8 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

It's a merchant class so they are pretty much meant to spend money to do damage.

With good cast time cart cannon is pretty good as it can get spammable, unlike arrow storm.

#9 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

IMHO There the problem with Arm Cannon, not with Cannonballs itself. Arm Cannon completely suck compared with l33t Arrow Storm.

Er... Arm Cannon can do just as good as damage as arrow storm with endows and gears. You just lack a pile bunker for damage if you're complaining early on.

#10 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Er... Arm Cannon can do just as good as damage as arrow storm with endows and gears. You just lack a pile bunker for damage if you're complaining early on.

Maybe the damage will be a bit lower, but DPS-wise it's a lot better, and the Mechanic is far beefier, even factoring in Overheat (which is unavoidable).

#11 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Maybe the damage will be a bit lower, but DPS-wise it's a lot better, and the Mechanic is far beefier, even factoring in Overheat (which is unavoidable).

*Shrugs* Don't remind me of overheat.... Not even RELOGGING fixes it anymore. Literally have to get rid of my mado and grab a new one if I want it to end.. I was still hoping cooldown would INSTANTLY get rid of overheat.

#12 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

Ok, I'll agree with that. But still, it's a cannon ball lol. It should do quite a bit more damage at least.

It should be:
Cannon Ball > Arrow
Not
Arrow > Cannon Ball

They've tried to apply logic to so many things in the development of this game, yet logistics has somehow escaped them here.

Really, the only (or few) arrow skills that stronger then cart cannon or mechanic's cannon (forgot the name) is Arrow Storm (and Severe Rainstorm if you count it). They need around 10 arrows per skill cast+small cost making quivers so they can be a bit more expensive than cannon balls. Not gonna say who's stupid merchant players that not maximizing Discount lv 10 unless they're vending slaves...

Edited by Exvee, 16 March 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#13 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

*Shrugs* Don't remind me of overheat.... Not even RELOGGING fixes it anymore. Literally have to get rid of my mado and grab a new one if I want it to end.. I was still hoping cooldown would INSTANTLY get rid of overheat.

Cooldown really should get rid of it completely. I don't see the point of the skill with the way it works now because it's entirely random how many skill uses/hits taken will trigger Overheat, unless you feel like wasting a colossal amount of supplies and time every Fly Wing to use Cooldown...

#14 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

How much damage does arm cannon do anyways? Say with 100 str, +9 pile bunker, BSB, porcellio, pollution cards etc.

#15 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

I think cannon ball prices are expensive too lol. I go on some random genetics that don't hold much zeny and when I try to buy I can't afford them :P

#16 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

I think cannon ball prices are expensive too lol. I go on some random genetics that don't hold much zeny and when I try to buy I can't afford them :P

Why do people not keep zeny on their genetics?

And why do the genetics not have 30k iron balls in storage?

#17 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Edit- Damage wise, a cannonball should win over an arrow every time :p_err:

I vote someone rewrites the formula to make it a more appropriate representation of "cannon" damage. Doesn't need to be crazy like arrow storm, but for that price, it definitely should either do more, or the price should be severely lowered.

Add a 3 second re-use delay too because it should not take the same time as an arrow to reload a cannon.

#18 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Make cannon balls 30 weight. It's illogical for it to be only 1 weight.

#19 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Server:both

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Not everyone has the common sense you do Azzy? People you use something that requires ammo you keep large amounts of the ammo so you don't run out at an inopertune time. Arrows cannon balls or even traps. Half my money goes to stockpiling the things I need lots of the rest is used for equips,

#20 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Really, the only (or few) arrow skills that stronger then cart cannon or mechanic's cannon (forgot the name) is Arrow Storm (and Severe Rainstorm if you count it). They need around 10 arrows per skill cast+small cost making quivers so they can be a bit more expensive than cannon balls. Not gonna say who's stupid merchant players that not maximizing Discount lv 10 unless they're vending slaves...

AS is 30z/cast. Severe Rainstorm (should Never have been nerfed) is 60z/cast.

Cart Cannon/Arm Cannon is 76 or 380z/cast.

Because 30k Iron balls is like 11m? That's a Huge amount of money to spend on ammo that goes like candy.

Add a 3 second re-use delay too because it should not take the same time as an arrow to reload a cannon.

If they upped the damage I wouldn't be against this.

Make cannon balls 30 weight. It's illogical for it to be only 1 weight.

30 is high, but I wouldn't be against a weight increase either if the damage was increased. If it was 30, most gen's/mech's could only hold like 300 at a time. They could hold more, but you have to count other gears/pots too.

kRO tries to apply logic and common sense to this game in alot of areas, and in other areas, it seems to completely escape them.

#21 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Uh the problem is unique to me. I just think they get pretty expensive even while I can afford it.

#22 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

Only reason rangers even HAVE insane damage is because of the White Wing Set. If Genetics/Mado Mechs had their own Mora sets I'm sure their damage could begin to compare or even outweigh rangers maybe if the set provided a bonus to Cart Cannon/Arm Cannon respectively.

#23 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Severe rainstorm does more damage than arrow storm without white wing set. But dps wise AS will out dps severe rainstorm because of the long delay on SR. Also if you can instant cast cart cannon, it has more DPS than arrow storm.

#24 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

Same applies to arm cannon, assuming you have strings on and use at least level 2 with endows.

While AS/SR Suffers from reuse delay Arm Cannon/Cart Cannon are actually spammable with strings.

#25 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Use non iron cannonballs (regular ones) if you really are concerned about the cost. If it takes two CCs to kill a monster regardless of iron or regular you might as well just use regular ones.

Also sometimes holy cannonballs are pretty good for TI and are cheaper too.

AS has awesome one hit burst damage, so it is the best killing skill in a TI setting. Other skills / classes excel in mvp or solo pvm settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users